[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genesis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
File: Genesis New York Concept.jpg (37 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
Genesis New York Concept.jpg
37 KB, 700x394
So, /o/. Are they doing it right? They hired the head designers of Audi for this line.

Will you ever love Genesis? She's trying really hard.
>>
I like it. They are getting more restrained.
>>
File: Genesis-New-York-1-980x552.jpg (137 KB, 980x552) Image search: [Google]
Genesis-New-York-1-980x552.jpg
137 KB, 980x552
Colour choice was a bit unfortunate
Hyundai and sister company Kia have been home to one of the auto industry’s finest designers, Peter Schreyer, for many years and recently picked up Luc Donckerwolke from Bentley to succeed Schreyer as head of design for the corporation. And at Hyundai Design North America, Chris Chapman is Hyundai’s chief designer, the man chiefly responsible for pushing the concept and eventual production BMW X3, X5 and Z4 models while a key player at BMW Group’s DesignworksUSA in California before heading up new vehicle and concept design at Hyundai N.A. in 2012.

I asked Chapman about the New York’s guiding principle.

"What you see must feel natural, pure and at ease in it’s own skin," Chapman says. "Everything must instinctually be in the right place, and that begins with proportions. Highly complex or intellectual design doesn’t normally work to most eyes. If it looks and feels natural, you know the design team has taken the time to cook it properly."
http://arstechnica.com/cars/2016/03/hyundai-wows-new-york-with-genesis-new-york-concept/
>>
File: Tropical Road.jpg (344 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Tropical Road.jpg
344 KB, 1440x900
>>14732103

>Genesis Coupe
>$26,950

You could get a Subaru BRZ for $25,395 or a V6 Mustang for $24,145.

>Genesis Sedan
>$38,750

You could get a Maxima for $32,510, or an Avalon for $32,650.

I don't care who they hired to design the exterior, that's not going to change the fact that they're selling cars with Chinese build quality and reliability. Trying to charge more money for an inferior product is nonsense.
>>
File: 1456306706064.jpg (35 KB, 363x541) Image search: [Google]
1456306706064.jpg
35 KB, 363x541
>tiny headlight slits
>huge front grills
gettin real tired of this trend
>>
>>14732749
Chinese build quality just isn't true. Maybe 15 years who but not today. Hyundai has stepped their game up tremendously.

The only weak spots in the Hyundai lineup right now are the Genesis coupe, which is just old, and the Veloster, which is just underpowered.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.