[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you own a Ford with this piece of shit, you can download the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: MyFord-Touch-2013-Upgrade2.jpg (69 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
MyFord-Touch-2013-Upgrade2.jpg
69 KB, 500x321
If you own a Ford with this piece of shit, you can download the 3.8 update to USB or visit the dealer. It adds a feature where holding the voice command button will send commands to your iPhone so you don't have to deal with the terrible voice recognition of the car.

Even if you don't have an iPhone it has performance improvements and bug fixes.

If you are looking to get a new ford get it with basic sync or the new sync 3. Save yourself the agony.
>>
>The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch® systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits such as:

Siri® Eyes Free*:
>•Now iPhone users can use Siri® Eyes Free with SYNC® with MyFord Touch®. With simple voice commands, >SYNC® with MyFord Touch® enables you to operate the iPhone and SYNC® together. Siri® Eyes Free can be activated by pressing and holding the voice button for at least 3 seconds.

>Secure, simple phone pairing:
>•Phone pairing is now easier.

>Automatic reconnection:
>•If your phone disconnects, SYNC® with MyFord Touch® will automatically reconnect it.

>Easier entry of destinations for China:
>•Now SYNC® with MyFord Touch® allows for easier entry of destinations.
>*Feature requires compatible hardware.
>>
I've had MFT for almost 2 years now (Fiesta ST), and I've never seen why people whine about it so much. It's an entirely adequate infotainment system.
>>
>MFT
>Any year
>>
File: fields.png (62 KB, 1097x335) Image search: [Google]
fields.png
62 KB, 1097x335
>>13641350
Dude, not even the CEO likes MyFord Touch. He stopped using it because he hated it so much.
>>
>>13641589
Whoever was the lead on developing that OS must feel like shit.
>>
File: polished-turd.png (132 KB, 1674x718) Image search: [Google]
polished-turd.png
132 KB, 1674x718
>>13641598
I don't know about the project lead, but the engineers working on the project sure loved making jokes about it.

Bragg is now the lead on Sync Gen2 (MyFord Touch), by the way.
>>
>>13641589
>>13641620
These are about SYNC 1, though. OP's pic and my car have SYNC 2, which is decent, I've never found anything about it to hate. It's much better than the shitpile Toyota uses, and about a billion times better than the Alpine system that came OE in my old 8th Gen Civic SI.
>>
>>13641730
It's about Myford touch aka Sync2 or as consumer reports calls it myford ouch. It's the myford touch consumer litigation Whalen v. Ford Motor company
>>
>>13641787
It's the pre-redesign version, though. They did a pretty substantial rework for the 2013MY that took care of a lot of the complaints people had about it and it's not bad.
>>
>>13641947
The 3.6 update helped in certain aspects but didn't fix anything. I have a 2015 Fusion and it's far from bug free.
>>
Holy fuck these shills
>>
>>13639728
I worked for a used car dealer and fuck i hated every taurus and explorer that had that damn feature
>>
>>13642030
>shills meme
>psa for people who have to deal with a crap interface
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.