[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>NJfag >Visit PA because reasons >Every other driver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: Pennsylvania-Jobs[1].jpg (923 KB, 1600x1074) Image search: [Google]
Pennsylvania-Jobs[1].jpg
923 KB, 1600x1074
>NJfag
>Visit PA because reasons
>Every other driver is texting
>One out of five bothers using turn signals
>Nobody knows what lane they want to be in so they sit halfway in two lanes for over ten seconds at a time
>Did I mention how many fucking people are texting
>lol I'm going to sit in the left lane and not pass anyone, ever
>Oh hey I'm in the right turn lane but need to make a left, I'll just go make a left anyway
>Hey look a yield sign, I'm just going to slam my brakes with people behind me for no reason, wait until somebody's approaching then cut them off
>I was too busy texting to notice this red light so now I'm halfway over the line, better put it in reverse with cars behind me
>Actually while I'm already reversing I'll change lanes because why not
>I better follow this car ahead of me with a 5ft gap, wait why do I have to slam my brakes every seven seconds?

For those of you who say NJ drivers are the worst in the country, you haven't seen shit.
>>
>>14670869
Upstate NYfag here and even though their roads are better paved the only places I hate driving through more are WV Georgia and Connecticut
>>
grew up in PA.

Can confirm PA drivers are the worst.
>>
File: antface.gif (839 KB, 450x402) Image search: [Google]
antface.gif
839 KB, 450x402
>be out-of-state driver
>Drive next to Pennsylfailian
>out-of-state driver is in exit-only lane for the "Fuck Pennsylvania and Everyone Who Lives There" Bridge, but the lane with the pennsylfailian in it has no barrier
>Pennsylfailian: "Oh look, here's my exit! I have just enough room to make it!"
>jerks steering wheel and squeezes through millimeter-wide gap without hitting out-of-state driver
>out-of-state driver's face
>>
Former PA and current NY resident here.

The texting thing is true. One out of five drivers using turn signals is a little bit of a hyperbole but many drivers definitely use them too late, e.g. 25 feet or less before a turn. People are bad on the "left lane is for passing" mantra and often ignore it, yields are pretty bad too. Stop signs are treated similarly (have a dashcam vid that I'll have to convert in a few minutes). People regularly overrun the stop lines too and lack following distance.

I also agree that NJ drivers are not the worst. PA drivers are definitely worse.
>>
>>14671279
Let's be honest here, fucking Centralia has better roads than NY does.
>>
>>14672352 here
Here we go. One example of PA's finest drivers...
>>
>>14672352
>25 or less
I wish, they flick them on halfway through the turn.
>>
PA driver here. I guess I can agree, though NY drivers are equally shitty or more shitty in their own way imo. Anyway here's some greentext from just yesterday and the day before

>driving down highway in middle lane
>about 400 yards from my exit
>put on my right turn signal on
>big ass pick-up truck in the right lane just slightly behind
>he just keeps trotting on his way, if anything accelerating to prevent me from merging over
>"fuck.. gonna miss my exit
>make sure no-one is behind me and brake down to 3rd gear so I can merge over after him and the people behind him pass

I don't think I was in the wrong there.. Whenever someone wants to merge into my lane, at least if they're in the faster lane, I just let off the gas a little bit and let them in since it seems like common courtesy.

also another greentext from the day before

>on two lane street in the right lane
>another big truck in the left lane
>both of us at red light
>two lanes merge after driving for about 15 seconds after the red light
>I'm ahead of him so I put on my blinker expecting him to get off my ass, since it merges
>he doesn't back off
>oh well.. fuck you, i've just got barely enough room so I'm gonna merge since you're a blind and inconsiderate piece of shit
>beeps and flips me off.

Again, people not being logical and considerate. I dunno about other states, but it's really common here. I'll often put on my blinker to a clearly open lane on the highway, and you'll see people speed up to try and not let you in, even though they were just going normal speed before you put on your blinker. That's my biggest gripe here. People aren't considerate at all.
>>
>>14673165

forgot to mention that the light turned green and I was ahead of him in my lane. Sounds like I tried to merge while we were at a red light which wasn't the case.
>>
>>14670869
I'm in Maryland like 30min away from PA so I have alot of the same problems
>>
>>14673165
>PA driver

stopped reading there

your state and NJ are literal cancer on earth
>>
>>14673207
Something tells me you're from an even worse state (CA or anything in the southeast)
>>
>>14673207
Fuck off, we may have shitty drivers but you're the cancer
>>
>>14670869
Anontruckerfag from NJ here. Everything said in this post is completely true.

I frequently travel the NJ/PA Turnpikes and other major interstates in both states, and no fucking matter where I may be, the PA drivers are complete shit. I really thought the tri-state (NY,NJ,CT) had the worst drivers, but PA takes that fucking cake.

>driving on NJ Turnpike
>OTR driver hanging out in right lane crusing at 60 MPH
>I'm doing 65, go to pass
>PA shitbag going 60 in the center lane
>following for 5+ miles, won't fucking speed up or move over causing a huge traffic back-up
>finally get pissed and pass in the left lane, which is illegal as fuck

Not only is passing in the left lane illegal, it's not safe at all and I hate doing that, but when you have an asshole who doesn't understand the whole "keep right except to pass" thing and doesn't move over at all, it's very frustrating. It's no surprise some truckers get pissed and drive like they just stole the damn thing.

And it's ONLY PA drivers who do this shit.
>>
New Mexico, Albuquerque specifically is really bad
>>
File: Do go on.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Do go on.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Every state has got em, just depends on where you are...
Another Truckerfag here, I drove based out of Pottsville PA for 5 months during a bad Winter and my experience, PA drivers were courteous to trucks and knew how to drive well in snow.
>>
>>14673381
Meanwhile in NJ trucks don't give a fuck about anybody but themselves. They'll cut you off at 20 below your speed in the passing lane and shower your car with rocks while they fail at passing a line of 50 cars for an hour.
>>
>>14670869
>lebanon
>bethlehem
>>
>>14673458

correct.. There are cities all over the country with biblical inspired names. I happen to work in Bethlehem.
>>
I grew up in Philly for 20 years and then moved to Allentown/Lehigh Valley

It's worlds different.
>>
File: 1445949233706.png (54 KB, 1000x553) Image search: [Google]
1445949233706.png
54 KB, 1000x553
>NJfag
>trying to say that any other state's drivers are wrose than theirs
>>
>>14673514
>PA defense force in charge of spelling
>>
File: 1437018644101.gif (3 MB, 257x212) Image search: [Google]
1437018644101.gif
3 MB, 257x212
>>14673514

>NYfag falseflagging because no one has ripped into his state's absolute fucking mongo-tier potatocuck driving ability
>>
the big cities suck, rural pennsylvania has pretty good drivers
>except for 70 year old farmers going 50-60mph in a 40 year old pickup on barely 2 lane farm roads and going 3 foot over into the weeds around corners
>>
File: evoque.jpg (19 KB, 350x416) Image search: [Google]
evoque.jpg
19 KB, 350x416
>>14673244

>PA
>may have shitty drivers
>may
>>
File: 1430272140361.jpg (42 KB, 541x498) Image search: [Google]
1430272140361.jpg
42 KB, 541x498
>>14673520
>>14673537
>NJfags mad that their state is literally a garbage dump
>NJfags mad that they are the laughing stock of the entire country
>their whole world comes crashing down around them
>>
>>14673664
1/10 bait see me after class
>>
Drove through DC at peak hours two days ago
Never again

The people driving are retarded, but I was more surprised with the pedestrians

>two lanes going each way
>opposite lanes are stopped at a red light, we are moving
>people jumping out of the gaps of the stopped cars trying to cross
You wanna die? I literally can't see you.

>waiting at red light
>the red bulb has gone out and just as electricity is fed to the green bulb someone fucking honks

>3rd lanes that are sometimes lanes, but are actually parked car landmines

>no designated left hand turn lanes

And fuck one way roads

Drove like 5 miles, 45 minutes
>>
>>14673707
>>
Nigga what are you even doing
>>
>>14671279
Hey Connecticut isn't shit, just really aggressive. Don't cut off the soccer mom's in their cayennes, and you should be fine
>>
>live in new jersey
>visit friend who moved to staten island
>make a right turn on red cause used to having freedom while driving
>police sirens
>huge fine and points on license
GG. wish driving rules were more similar in close states/cities...
>>
>>14673336
How can you even be bad at driving in a straight line for hours? Or are there actually some curves in the cities?
>>
>>14673514
>your pennsyltucky is showing
>>
>>14673546
I don't know, that sounds pretty awesome to me
>>
>>14673720
Phone decided to go full rampage against my use of meme arrows

Apologies
>>
>>14673761
Exactly! Wrecks all the time on I-25 and I-40, actually not to many up the foothills/East mountains.
>>
>>14673493

So you're that one fag with a miata around here
>>
>>14670869
Yeah well
Im from ohio. I'm apparently just as bad so fuck me right?
>>
File: 00J0J_9PYEb4WRnIb_600x450.jpg (50 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
00J0J_9PYEb4WRnIb_600x450.jpg
50 KB, 600x400
>>14673825

I might be. I haven't driven in at all through the winter, but I did 2 weeks ago. Usual route to work is through 22 or sometimes 78.

Honk if you see me ;^)
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.