[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Focus vs. Fiesta ST as DD? I drove both of these today and both
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
Focus vs. Fiesta ST as DD?

I drove both of these today and both were fun -- the fiesta handled better but the focus has room in the back and trunk if needed. These are both selling around the same price in my area (without recaros: ~20k for fiesta, 20.5k for the focus. With recaro packages -- 23k for fiesta, 23.5k for focus)

Seemed to me the fiesta was funner, but my passenger preferred the focus due to the space and smoother ride. Also getting a size bigger for nearly the same price seems like a good deal.

what would you do /o/?
>>
Focus if you need the space, Fiesta if you don't. No reason to look at anything else.
>>
>meme cars
>>
>>14631701
I went with the Fiesta (had to have the recaros too), it's a ton of fun.

What I've usually heard is the focus feels cramped for a big car while the fiesta feels roomy for a small car. I think there isn't a significant difference in cargo room between the two. They both have a ton of aftermarket support and are running similar quarter mile times. The only real drawback in the Focus is the 'worse' handling, the only real drawback in the Fiesta is it's a Fiesta.

Go drive them again, maybe ask for an extended test drive, and then go with your gut desire.
>>
>>14631775
>>14631720
honestly I don't use cargo room 'that much' -- typically just driving with my gf. I live in CO though and go skiing often so it helps to be able to fit stuff in the back without needing to get a roof rack
>>
The fster you go and the more you carry, the better the focus becomes.
If you´re in an empty car with no passengers, the fiesta is great (almost) lightweight fun.
With 4 ppl and stuff to carry, the fiesta will feel as slow as a VW 1.2l polo
>>
File: 2015sonichatchback.jpg (834 KB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
2015sonichatchback.jpg
834 KB, 2048x1360
>>
>>14631808
Back seats fold down and you're probably going to use blizzaks in either situation.

You'll also probably need a roof rack either way if you're ever carrying more than 2.

Take some gear and see what fits!
>>
>>14631770
>implying these are not the best in their respective segments
>>
>>14631816
what the fuck is that abomination
>>
>>14631826
a Daewoo
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 340x340
>>14631701
>buying an American econobox new
>>
>>14631854
they are ford europe developed and made in germany...
>>
>>14631701
Oh, and if you put a taller tire/smaller wheel on the Fiesta the ride quality improves immensely.
>>
>>14631868
I'm sure that retard thinks tundras and titans are Japanese too.
>>
If you can't step up to a Focus ST, get the Fiesta.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 7680x4320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 7680x4320
>>14631868
>FORD
>>
>>14631701
I bought my FiST and primary uses are driving around myself and my gf. Test drove both extensively, focus was just a little too big for what I wanted in a hot hatch, but was still fairly cramped. With the regards, the focus will feel like a tight little car, but not respond like one.

The FiST was the better choice in my opinion.
>>
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 1302x817) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 1302x817
>>
File: image.jpg (225 KB, 1221x831) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225 KB, 1221x831
>>
>>14631927
>>14631937
base model, automatic transmission memes. The STs have been proven to be more than reliable.
>>
>>14631961
>turbo seals
>>
File: le smiling feis.png (22 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
le smiling feis.png
22 KB, 600x400
>>14631937
>>14631927
nice shitbox automatic transmission meme, senpai
>>
>>14632847
The manual transmissions have had high rates of clutch failure as well.
But wait, there's more
>SYNC is buggy as fuck and crashes for no reason
>other interior electronics also die
>Rainwater leaks into and rusts out the Fiesta's spare tire well
>>
>>14632903
sync3 is fine
pls provide proof
pls provide proof
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.