[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New, used car. My S10 blazer keeps shitting the bed and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1456346001225.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1456346001225.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
New, used car.

My S10 blazer keeps shitting the bed and I'm done with it. I'm looking to buy a newish car. I've done the 4x4 thing a couple times now, I hardly ever engage the 4x4 and they're too slow and heavy. I've done the V8 rwd car now and it's fun but it's a no go in the winter and you can't fit anything in a 2+2 style car.

I can hear you now
>buy a civic
I want a hatchback, manual trans also.

Is a 2012ish Golf with the 2.5 any good? What about the TDI's?

The Fit seems like a responsible choice but I'm not sure about the styling.

Pic not related.
>>
I see the TDI is rated to tow 3300lbs which would come in handy for towing my 2000# boat.
>>
>>14628350
How much can you spend? Cash or financing? Post your local craigslist.

What's wrong with the S10?
>>
>>14628495
I'm looking to put down about 5k cash and finance maybe 10k. I still haven't gotten my tax return so I'll hopefully pay down another couple grand in a month. Hopefully I'll get a couple grand for my trade in too.

I've had the Blazer about a year and a half now. In that time I've replaced the whole front end, an alternator, the radiator, had the tranny lines bust open on Christmas day leaving me stranded on the way to work. I had a battery cable come loose and ground out on the frame and kill my battery. Currently I think my starter is acting up, just get a click click click when I try.
I'm just so done with this thing and it's embarrassing to have to borrow my girlfriends car every time the Blazer fucks up.
>>
>>14628495
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/search/cta?min_price=10000&max_price=15000&auto_transmission=1&auto_bodytype=4
>>
File: Message_1442793012951.jpg (990 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Message_1442793012951.jpg
990 KB, 2560x1440
Slow day here in /o/
>>
>>14628527

What year is the Blazer?
>>
>>14628350
>I can hear you now
>>buy a civic
>I want a hatchback, manual trans also.

They don't have manual civics in clapistan?
>>
>>14629107

>>14629119
not in hatchback form as far as I know
>>
I think I'm set on the TDI because it can tow my boat. Are these reliable? is the emissions scandal gonna play a role in this purchase?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/661026639/overview/
>>
>>14628350
>4x4 too slow
>wants to buy an econobox

wut
>>
>>14629084
/o/ is always slow, much like our patron shitboxes.
>>
>>14629248
My mom has a 2011 Jetta TDI she bought in 2013, no issues yet except for an exploding fuel pump, not sure what year they fixed that but the newer fuel pumps don't do that. Other than the emissions thing she's pretty happy with it. Your Blazer may break down all the time but at least it's simple to fix, a TDI might be dead reliable or it might be a fucking nightmare and when something eventually does break it'll be expensive.
>>
>>14629443
Good points
>>
>>14629400
Straight line acceleration isn't horribly but it's very unresponsive in general and feels heavy.
>>
Decided the golf is too expensive and hard to find a manual trans within 50 miles.

The mazda 3 with the skyactive and 6 speed seems promising.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.