[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PLEASE HELP. Does anyone know anything about this??? So heres
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: German-car-brands-logotypes.png (1 MB, 1865x1220) Image search: [Google]
German-car-brands-logotypes.png
1 MB, 1865x1220
PLEASE HELP. Does anyone know anything about this???

So heres the situation. Long story short I know a BMW engineer in europe who I was talking with.. and he owns around 7 bmws...

As we talked more he was telling me how he got his e46 m3 with ZERO Km.. as well as half of his cars.. I asked how.. He told me that basically (this is the part I cannot believe !) BMW (in Germany) KEEP the cars they cannot sell, their test cars, and their prototypes in STORAGE.. And that they are not legally allowed to sell them and that they are basically just sit there for god knows how long until they are recycled..

ONLY BMW engineers/employees are allowed to purchase these cars with ZERO FUCKING KM.. (limited to one car a year) and the price they pay??? 4 euros per KG of weight.. thats right.. they buy the cars based on their fucking curb weight.. So a 1500kg e34 m5 in storage with zero KM would cost 6k euros.. This goes for ALL their cars in storage..

Can someone shed some light on this? Is this real life? Is that true? Are you telling me bmw employes can purchase an e30 m3 for like 5k euros that is in BMW storage with 0 km?
>>
My uncle works at Sony and has a Playstation 5 at home. I can't show you it though.
>>
Does this apply to other car makers/factories in germany as well? (audi, mercedes etc..)

He was telling me how once he saw an old M1 thats right.. a bmw M1 in storage but that was crushed due to a lot of rust.. he told me cars like e28 m5 and e30 m3 CAN be found in storage.. but is rare.. he saw an e30 m3 evo 1 once in storage with zero KM!!!

Like I said, only certain people have this "Special VIP pass" that are allowed to purchase one bmw car per year from storage and the price is 4 euro per KG of weight...

I was shown pictures of his e46 m3 .. perfect condition. I just cant believe this, is this real life? Is this true? There has to be some catch? I know the catch is that only employees can purchase these cars and that they can only purchase one per YEAR, but is there anything else? Are most of the cars in storage in horrible shape or something?
>>
>>14609857

If you are implying hes a liar.. its not the case..
>>
>>14609858
This sounds like the sort of thing you'd read in a chain email. He's a lying faggot.
>>
>>14609869
It's bullshit anyway.

Keeping cars locked up in some storages might probably apply only to prototypes and cars not permitted to drive on public roads. Either way, I don't think BMW would let anyone buy them for such a small amount.

Not so long ago a story about some unknown Porsche prototypes has reached the surface. The company has kept some of the cars locked up for 20+ years
http://news.boldride.com/2014/09/5-rare-porsche-concepts/57116/
>>
>>14609889

how is it bullshit.. I've seen all his cars in pics.. hes a family friend.. hes a fucking bmw engineer
>>
>>14609841
Sounds like bullshit, but anyway, you will have to replace everything on a car that old with zero kilometers.
>>
>>14609903
How old are you?
>>
>>14609898

he said its prototypes, test cars AND cars that were not able to be sold and due to a variety of legal bullshit they are sold by the weight of the car
>>
>>14609903
Evidence please.
>>
>>14609903
He's probably a janitor at BMW HQ and he's trying to sound cool for his friend's 14-year-old son.
>>
File: 1378908434422.jpg (41 KB, 407x330) Image search: [Google]
1378908434422.jpg
41 KB, 407x330
Seems legit.
>>
lol at all these retarded posts.. what could I expect from /o/
>>
>>14609921
I know, right? Just look at that OP for example.
>>
Bread on hood or get the fuck out.
>>
>>14609858
>a bmw M1
>0 KM
>in storage
>crushed due to a lot of rust
Is there any way to stop a BMW from rusting to shit?
>>
This is some Mew under truck tier shit.
>>
>>14609869
>BMW driver
>not a liar
Yeeaaah.
>>
>>14609841
>oplel
>german
>>
>>14609841
even if this is true,
these cars don't have a title and it is not possible to register them due to emission regulations.

We have here in Germany the so called Euro-Norm for Emissions, they raise the standarts every couple years for new cars. But the day of the first registration counts, not the production day.

That's also the reason, why you can get here brand new cars with "Tageszulassung" which means the car dealer registers the car for a day on his company to have a legit title for the car.

In case a car dealer forgets to do that, the new car he owns is worth nothing.

I know someone, who scraps prototypes for Volkswagen, Audi etc, which had some new parts testet, have in most cases a bazillion miles and handwritten documents.

He can sell the car in parts, but has to destroy the prototype parts.

Tested engines often have several additional sensors, which are not stock and never will be.
>>
>>14609841
DO THEY HAVE THE ROVER R30 IN A STORAGE SOMEWHERE?

More importantly,is it salvageable

Also,do you know any info about that car in general (it's a grey? hatchback)

It's pretty much my dream car,and a functional one is stored somewhere in a BMW storage
>>
>>14610635
nope, you can't delay the inevitable
>>
>>14609841
Sounds like bullshit, but it actually might be true. If so he probably doesn't actually own it outright but as a BMW AG employee has the rights to drive these unsellable vehicles and pays them as if they were scrap vehicles, which would explain the weight based purchasing price. Sounds like a loophole.
>>
>>14609841
>KEEP the cars they cannot sell, their test cars, and their prototypes in STORAGE
Bullshit about the cars they couldn't sell being stored and sold at those prices. I do know for a fact though that BMW has a large storage facility for test cars, prototypes and pristine examples of regular cars for historical/archival/museum purposes. All of which are not for sale to anyone.

So tl;dr that engineer is fucking with you OP.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.