[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kia Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
I know a very little on cars but how are new Kias regarding their reliability and re-sale values?

And looks, they kind actually nailed it.
>>
>>14573302

Kia has always been the cheap go-to car because they were shitty and cheaply made with almost no performance and little to no excitement in any other category but recently theyve been making a huge comeback so i can't really say much on the new ones. Get yourself a turbo optima if you're gonna go with Kia.
>>
Below average reliability, terrible re-sale values. My colleague fell for the "Kia catched up, they're just as good as BMW now" meme and he absolutely fucked up. He bought it two years ago and it's practically worthless now. Get a slightly used quality car for less money.
>>
File: 154523-INFO.jpg (890 KB, 2393x2688) Image search: [Google]
154523-INFO.jpg
890 KB, 2393x2688
>>14573302
In terms of reliability, the new Kias aren't bad. They're not as good as Toyota or Honda, but they're catching up. Resale is still shit though.

I've said this in other threads, but my gf has a base Forte and so far it's been reliable and good on gas. It's honestly a good commuter car for the price, if you can deal with some of the quirks (crap sound system, some interior rattles, etc.).

>>14573342
>below average reliability
>pic related
I'm not a Kia shill, but I don't believe in spreading false, outdated rumours about any car/brand.
>>
>>14573360
>I'm not a Kia shill, but

Kia shill confirmed
>>
>>14573302
My mechanic/friend told me a while back that if he were to go out and buy his wife a new car based on reliability, it would be a Kia Soul.
>>
Literal garbage that everyone justifies with
>you get a lot of car for the money

Retarded old people and posters like >>14573360 try to rationalize this pleb way but at the end of the day it's a Korean shitbox with a terrible history and a new "comeback" ones haven't been out long to tell whether they're reliable of not.

Just buy a used civic instead of this faux nigger-rich trash.
>>
>>14573360
>Kia about as reliable as Porsche
>MB less reliable than Chrysler
plausible. sorry but these scores have always been bullshit. I exclusively owned Audis in my life and they're definitely not more reliable than Subarus and Porsches.
>>
Friend had 2012 Sorrento v6 for which he paid around $28k. Had multiple issues starting from very first year of ownership.
Replaced (under warranty) radiator, cooling fan, body control module, power lock actuators, several plastic interior handles/levers, seat release cables, alternator, and battery 5 times!

While in for these repairs, technician backed into another car. (Replaced entire hatch door. And technician did not replace engine air filter. Friend discovered this one of the many times he had to pop the hood for a jump.
Recently traded in for Chrysler product. He received $12k as trade. Only had 46k miles.
Kias are crap.
>>
Stupidly long warranty, and you're gonna need it.
>>
>>14573324
I agree. Turbo Optima's are actually pretty fun to drive.
>>
File: ringland.jpg (163 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ringland.jpg
163 KB, 500x375
>>14573387

>subaru
>reliable
>>
>>14573574
That says something about how unreliable Audis are.
>>
>>14573451

>Friend has vehicle
>Knows exactly the failures it had
>knows exactly the trade in value
>knows exactly the milage.

Awesome tale
>>
>>14573592
>>14573592
>>14573592
Why wouldn't I know those things? Guess u don't have friends - just acquaintances. What do I have to gain by lying to a bunch of anonymous strangers? Dumb
>>
>>14573592
Owns a kia
>>
Where's the german Kia shill? Haven't seen him post in a while.
>>
>>14573360
Buick outta nowhere!
>>
>>14574364
Not since 10:52
>>
>>14573360
>>14573342
Buy a used one. problem solved
>>
>>14574384
That's not him. German shill brings up the CEEd everytime.
>>
My dad bought an '06 Sedona with a V6 and its been great. Despite two major accidents (one in which he bounced off one side of the freeway and slammed onto the opposite side) its been super reliable.
The only thing he's had to change in 10 years are spark plugs. Which he just replaced last year.

Pretty impressed desu, going on 190k miles.

He bought a 4 cylinder 2013 Optima because of this. So we'll see how well that does.

TL;DR: Kia makes solid v6 Minivans
>>
>>14574336

I have plenty of friends, and I don't know the milages of there cars or the problems there cars have had in the past.

You lie just to shill against kia.
>>
I imagine these are shit under the surface, like modern Fords.
No real reason for that except those damn Koreans shot my legs off.
>>
I love my 2008 Spectra.
>>
>>14575197
>I have plenty of friends
Bread on friends' heads.
>>
>>14573387
If it's anything like J.D.Power, it's bullshit. J.D.Power's top "problems" are voice commands aren't recognized, Bluetooth can't connect, etc.
>>
I've got a '15 Forte, picked it up in May last year. I know little about cars and it's alright. Coming up to 12k and thus second service, haven't had an issue yet. I know a few others who have Fortes and Optimas and they're pretty pleased with them.
>>
>>14575848
kek
>>
>>14573324
>>14573360
>Kia are catching up

No they're not. Like almost half the posts in here that disagree with you, it's a meme that people fall for quite often it seems.

You CANNOT undercut established car makers with benchmark models in their range and "catch up". To sell cheaper they have to cut corners somewhere, and for Korean cars it's always the following:

>cheaper, shittier plastics and materials
>next to no development of vehicle dynamics
>built down to a price and covered by stupidly long warranties to make up for it, because they WILL break

When the Koreans pull their heads out of their asses and actually built proper cars, they will cost the same as everything else that is decent. They will lose money, and they'll have to actually convince everyone first that they actually build proper cars, which no one will believe. The price won't justify the leap of faith it takes to not buy a car from a trusted brand.
>>
>>14578602

Have the people in here have never owned or drove a modern kia.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, the Kia Forte surprised everyone. In general, we’ve known Kias to have rough rides and elastic-feeling steering, but not this car. The ride was pleasantly firm, almost sporty, and the steering felt naturally weighted and responsive, though it still provided no feedback. Many editors found it the second-most fun car to drive behind the Mazda.

After weighing the contenders in each category against what would best serve the average compact car buyer, we picked the 2014 Kia Forte as the best all-around car here and the winner of this test. Its combination of performance, fuel efficiency, reasonable pricing, and endless feature list had our judges agreeing it’s the car we’d recommend to our friends and family.

Most the modern Kia's cost the same as there competitors just come with more features standard.

>Next to no devolpment of vehicle dynamics
Working along side lotus and higher Chief engineer of BMW M group to be incharge of vehicle dynamics.

Basicly, your the same as the people that disagree, you talk shit without ever having really dealt with the cars.
>>
>>14578602

>buttblasted burger doesn't realise the Koreans are building better cars then gm or ford do nowdays
>>
>>14578779
>Working along side lotus and higher Chief engineer of BMW M group to be incharge of vehicle dynamics.
This same thing has been happening since the 90's. Korean cars are STILL shit to drive. They are hopeless. They will never change.

>>14578857
I can admit they are building better cars than they did 20 years ago when the Koreans shot themselves in the foot by producing such pieces of shit. They shot themselves so well, they still can't live it down.

As for building better cars than GM etc, cars like the Cruze are Korea-tier anyway, so no argument to be had.
>>
>>14579024

Except most reviews have been praising the newer kia's saying they are up there with there competitors.

>I can admit they are building better cars than they did 20 years ago when the Koreans shot themselves in the foot by producing such pieces of shit. They shot themselves so well, they still can't live it down.

They got into a tough market by selling cars, many of them at cheap and low prices.

The profit they got from them allowed them to push higher up the market. Now they are reworking there image and selling cars that review higher or equal to other cars in there segment.
>>
>>14578779

Well, hello nice kia rep.
>>
>>14579062
They should teach you shills proper english.
>>
>>14579062
>reviews
>praise
>must satisfy advertisers paying my salary

>tough market
>priced to undercut competition
>this has no effect whatsoever, actually it makes them better cars

>pushing higher up the market
>did this without reworking image
>image is still universally shitty
>reworked overnight into Lexus level

Dude stop it, pls. You're insulting our intelligence and common sense.
>>
>>14573360
Why is Audi so high? I thought they were always made fun of for terrible reliability.
>>
>>14582706
Because the people who make fun of Audis have that friend who drove a poorly maintained 15yo A4.
>>
Kias and Hyundai's have the vaguest steering in history.

It literally feels like a terrible sim wheel
>>
File: IMAG0412_800x600.jpg (144 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0412_800x600.jpg
144 KB, 800x600
>>14582866
>implying
03 rios don't feel like sim wheels
>>
>>14582557

>Several car review sites
>Must be shills for the koreans.

>Tough market
>Priced to undercut competition
>Allowed them to enter market
>they nolonger undercut

>Never reworking image.
No dumb fucks like you who can't realize the current kia's have nothing to do with how the 90's kia's are consider them universally shitty.

You refuse to use your common sense or intelligence to actually look at the cars rather then the badge
>>
>>14583200
>can't realize the current kia's have nothing to do with how the 90's kia's are consider them universally shitty
What? And you're calling me the dumb fuck...

I can realize the current Kias have nothing to do with their 90's cars, like here:
>>14579024
> can admit they are building better cars than they did 20 years ago when the Koreans shot themselves in the foot

You point, whatever the fuck it is, actually confirms what I was saying, they are BETTER cars now than they were, but they are STILL shitty by today's standards of materials quality, fit, finish, and overall driving experience.

It doesn't matter what you say, common sense will always prevail with sub-par Korean cars. They literally have to copy every move Toyota has made in the last 40 years to properly catch up and considered worthy.
Like I said it's way too late they should've done that in the 90's but they pussied out and tried to copy China stronk 'built down to a price' strategy.
They will never live it down.
>>
>>14573302
I own a Sonata (its literally an Optima) and a Mazda 6.

In terms of driving feel, either the Sonata is terrible or the Mazda 6 is amazing.
Driving a Sonata feels like a driving a numb boat (more like a yacht) after being on the Mazda.
>>
File: IMG_20160302_163454.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160302_163454.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>14573360
New ratings.
>>
>>14583433
>trusting a chart with a FIAT logo above it
stupid as fuck
>>
>>14583459
FIAT performed the worst though.
>>
>>14578602
not to mention the cars are shitty soulless shitboxes. if i wanted a machine without a soul i would buy toyota
>>
>>14583459
It's from Consumer Reports, and also had Honda, Ford, and another random logo thrown in. Stop being butthurt.
>>
Had a 97 sephia, it was a cheap can but had the twin cam BP 1.8 and could drop throttle oversteer. Not terrible. Wife had an 02? Rio Cinco when we met. Miserable little pos. Anything after 2010 is decent, newest are at least on par with word wide competition in their price segment.

Just traded my jetta wagon in on a soul a few mon the ago. Giving them a second chance. So far I'm happy.
>>
>>14573302
Really shitty.

Seriously, everyone who buys a Kia does so because they couldn't afford a Toyota or Honda. Think about it: if Kia weren't undercutting Toyota or Honda be 5-10k, who would buy a Kia over a Toyota? Answer: nobody.

The only reason those shitboxes even exist is because they cut corners hardcore.
>>
>>14583508
I got mine because It had a glass roof, leather, heated seats+wheel and a local dealer. The price was attractive though.
>>
>>14583528
Okay, great, now if you had the exact same options available on a Toyota would you have still picked a Kia?

Face it, the price is the only thing that won you over.
>>
File: kia-forte-koup_interior_10.jpg (203 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
kia-forte-koup_interior_10.jpg
203 KB, 1280x960
>>14583569

I picked my Kia over a Toyota.

It was faster, with more features, better looking and the whole, Ohh cheap interior is bullshit, all cars in the price range have interiors that are just as cheap, be it mazda, Kia, Toyota, or Chevy.

But my cheap interior had Heated and cooled seats.
>>
File: 2010_toyota_corolla_dashboard.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2010_toyota_corolla_dashboard.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>>14583823

If anything this pos is way cheaper interior wise then my forte.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.