[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the car culture like in Canada?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: canadians.jpg (145 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
canadians.jpg
145 KB, 960x540
What's the car culture like in Canada?
>>
>>14496531
>Canada
>not Tim Hortons
Fuck you -A
>>
Canadian here
>classic cars
People who do car shows
Very little racing
>Motorcycles
People like doing long distance trips, Canada's basically two steps away from a dominant ADV culture. It just loves Harleys and cruisers too much.
And with such a big country with so much wilderness, it would work really well.
>Trucks
Are not made for people, and should just be made as practical work vehicles. Literally everyone who has a brotruck is cancer.
>Off-roading
These people tend to actually use their vehicles and put them through the paces
>Import/tuning
Almost non-existent, except for the big cities. But even those are rare
>Exotics
Rich snobs, Arabs and Chinese exchange students.
>>
>>14496569

what?
>>
>>14496531
Like the north eastern US but somehow worse
>>
>>14496569
BK technically owns Tim Hortons now so...
>>
>>14496531
Canadian here. It's pretty good desu
>>
Rednecks on ice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flPZh89Cw9Y

Also that one poor sod who stanced his civic and can't drive it anywhere because the roads are too shit
>>
>>14496591
Wtf you just said general statements about every type of vehicle. That post literally applies to dozens of countries.
>>
civics everywhere
everyone pulling handbrake drifts on their shitbox in the winter (including me)
>>
>>14496531
Stance is taking over but in hamilton ontario the pot holes keep them at bay for now
>>
I live in Calgary
99% brodozer faggots, and then every once in a while I see a disgusting stancefag in a mutilated Golf or whatever
>>
>>14496625
Ice racing has been a thing in quite a few countries, for a long time.
https://youtu.be/dbgNw86HJFE
>>
Civics, Cobalts and stuff mostly around where i am, old dudes in muscle cars in the summer. Ive seen the odd import, few people i know own them too.
>FD
>mk2 supra
>skyline
>i own an FC

Mostly drag racing and kids meeting up in tims parking lot with riced out civics.
>>
>>14496591
>>Import/tuning
>Almost non-existent, except for the big cities. But even those are rare
Nigger what
Those kinds of cars are everywhere in Toronto and Vancouver.

My contribution
>Racing
>lel
It's mostly posers who won't ever go to the track, or the 5 in 1 million people that happen to go to a track with their shitbox. It's better in Ontario/Quebec, where there's a lot more tracks.
>>
>>14496731
>Vancouver and Toronto are big cities
>>
>>14496669
That's nice.
We're talking about Canada though.
>>
>>14496531
>double parked in handicapped

wouldkey/10, one of the only time it's acceptable to IMO.
>>
File: canadians2.png (245 KB, 317x486) Image search: [Google]
canadians2.png
245 KB, 317x486
>>14496915

What about here?
>>
>>14496985
Same.

That guy is a massive faggot, if I saw him constantly like that I'd just take a couple of eggs with me to throw at his car as I drove by and just keep doing it every time I saw his car parked like that.
>>
File: canadians3.jpg (33 KB, 474x163) Image search: [Google]
canadians3.jpg
33 KB, 474x163
>>14496996

You'll need a lot of eggs
>>
>>14496531
HA HA. Holy shit.
>>
Albertafag here.
Pickup trucks, pickup trucks everywhere
>>
>>14497001
>lifted brotuck installs a train horn
>hoons up and down mainstreet terrorizing pedestrians with it
>cops come by only to watch him do sick burnouts in the Canadian Tire parking lot
>>
It's pretty decent in big cities if you like jdm cars. If you like muscle you'll have to wait until the summer because they're afraid to drive unless its sunny and hot out

Track days are fairly rare and expensive, autocross is way too expensive, and drag racing is summer only because of the weather.
>>
>>14496531
The same as in America except with fewer lowriders due to a lack of Mexicans, while referring to kilometers instead of miles
>>
>lots of rust everywhere
>lots of shitboxes that aren't maintained and falling apart from the winters
>tons of bro trucks that never go outside the city
>boomers with classics in the summer
>>
>>14496569
look at the sign
>>
File: fubar-balls-03162011.jpg (95 KB, 602x375) Image search: [Google]
fubar-balls-03162011.jpg
95 KB, 602x375
lifes tough in the mac
>>
This is like 1320 video, except Canadian

http://youtu.be/qVXBloklI20
>>
>>14496531

>lifted Dodge Ram

golly gee what a surprise!
>>
>>14496654
Live in Calgary as well. Shitty brotruck mall crawlers everywhere
>>
File: 1453543285688.jpg (89 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1453543285688.jpg
89 KB, 720x960
Meanwhile in the US
>>
Regina here, pickups, cavaliers and sunfires everywhere.
>>
You see a few Japanese import Nissan GT-R and rx7 and subarus and supras so that's neat.

It's just too bad that there's nowhere to really drive them. No good race tracks or track days.

I understand some dealership network is building a track out in British Columbia so I might have to go check that out.

Otherwise living in Alberta/sask/Manitoba sucks and you may as well buy a truck or SUV and a boat and go fishing. I don't know how it is in eastern Canada. Probably shit too.
>>
>>14496531
I can only speak for ontario but here goes;
street racing is the be all for any kind of competitive driving, highway races ala 1320 and stop light drags are the norm
lots of tuners but they mostly shifted from hondas to vw's, lots of muscle, german cars are stupid popular amongst enthusiats in general and the occasional diesel pick up that shits on the tuners

Every. Single. meet i've seen or been to has been full of faggot ricers that are the worst of their kind

519 - bmw 645
>>
>>14497679
Technically legal as cops have the legal authority to stop their vehicle at anyplace.
Still a dick move.
>>
>>14497202
BAGGER 288
>>
>>14496531

> I don't know why people hate on brotrucks.
>>
Pretty much garbage. There's no motorsports, the country is barely populated so any fun mountain roads are all dirt, there's barely any tracks. Don't come to this country if you want car culture or fun.
>>
>>14496985
Get a dremel out and slice his panels and doors up.
>>14497202
Mac is where the fuckbois go to huff Lysol with the natives and piss away all their money on lifet Raptors and boats that inevitably get repo'd.
>>
File: DSCF4098.jpg (3 MB, 4288x2416) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4098.jpg
3 MB, 4288x2416
>>14497722
Moose Jaw here, can confirm.

Saskatchewan: Land of J body's, pickups and honda civics.
>>
>>14500107
Only BC is good desu
>>
File: 20150905_163452.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20150905_163452.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
Canada lyfe
>>
>>14496531
To be honest you have to go looking for real car "culture". We use so much salt on our roads for so much of the year that nice cars are a bit of a waste of money in Canada, unless you have enough to have a "summer car". Most people don't.

If you do have enough for a nice car, it's usually older muscle or lowered rice to varying degrees. Stance hasn't been very popular here though.

Other than that, it's mostly average stuff. A few brodozers but they're usually older trucks that rednecks just go crazy with because why the fuck not. And usually they use them as trucks when they're not screwing around.

Quebec has quite a few more shit heaps because they don't need safeties to transfer ownership. Keeps a lot of old, nearly dead cars on the road.

Though I only really know Ontario and Quebec. Other provinces might be different.
>>
>>14497679
What the fuck does he care? It's not like he had to walk any further to get on his scooter.
>>
>>14496531
>you had one job
>>
>>14496608
Well *technically* Tim Hortons owns Burger King
>>
File: 3gbPRx3.gif (1 MB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
3gbPRx3.gif
1 MB, 350x272
>>14496531
>>14496985
>post yfw that's a 1500 Mega cab with a 5.7 Hemi
>>
>>14502211
He's pissed off because he had trouble unloading the scooter in a normie space.
>>
>>14502211
Handicap spots have 2 main purposes:
1. Being closer to the entrance to accommodate those who can walk, but with great difficulty
2. Keeping the spot next to yours open so you can open the ramp on your car.

If you have a ramp on the side of your car to load your wheelchair/scooter, and you park in general parking there's a chance someone will park next to you and you'll have to wait until they leave.
>>
>>14502250
well maybe he should've had someone drive him there so he didn't have to worry about shit like that.
>>
>>14502275
3, actually.

Emergency vehicles responding to call can use them as well since they're close to doors and have more space (ambulances, fire)
>>
>>14496739
Toronto is the 4th largest city in North America
>>
>>14496531
What province is this nigger in?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.