[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is The New Top Gear A Total Shitshow?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 24
File: newtopgear.jpg (50 KB, 800x362) Image search: [Google]
newtopgear.jpg
50 KB, 800x362
Report from The Sun (yes I know it's a tabloid) outlining a so far disastrous start to the new Top Gear with Evans

-Evans apparently crashed a brand new Jaguar tester on his first time around the famed Top Gear track.

-The show “has had to become a lot more PC following the Clarkson row,” which will likely disappoint fans of Top Gear’s edgy humor but shouldn’t surprise anyone considering how much trouble it was always in before.

-Evans, called a “control freak,” is at odds with producers; he wants total ownership over the show like longtime producer Andy Wilman had but the BBC says there’s too much at stake for a show worth “more than £50 million a year” in merchandising, live events and other revenue sources.

-The BBC wants Evans to give up his radio work to focus on Top Gear, and Evans hasn’t been willing to do that. Evans also apparently isn’t very good at pre-recorded videos, which is all Top Gear is.

-The production team apparently “doesn’t know anything about cars,” leading the Top Gear magazine staff to be brought in to suggest ideas.

-The mainstream public isn’t as excited about Coulthard, Schmitz and Harris as we are: “The appointments came after big names including Zoë Ball, Jodie Kidd and Suzi Perry had all been linked to the revamped show before they ruled themselves out.”

-The story says Evans wants them because they’re relative unknowns outside the car world, and he wants to stay the star of the show.

-BBC brass are "freaked out" over the prospect of having to compete head to head with the old TG cast on their new Amazon show

All in all, sounds like they are about to wrap this fucking show around a tree in a glorious firestorm of failure. Sabina being a contributor is literally the only thing I saw as the least bit interesting. I feel like Clarkson, Hammond, and May must be laughing all the the way to the fucking bank on this
>>
Guess I'll stick to Motortrend and Fifth Gear until Clarkson/Hammond/May find something new.
>>
I know the BBC wanted Clarkson gone but I imagine losing May and Hammond was a catastrophe for them. Top Gear is one of their top 3 biggest shows worldwide, right alongside Doctor Who, and losing all of the show's stars is a recipe for disaster. They put up with Clarkson's shit for a long time too because they knew he was valuable.

Who knows how the new Top Gear will do. Obviously the BBC wants to be more in control of the show, and if Evans ends up being an asshole to work with they'll fire him faster than they did with Clarkson.

On the other hand, I don't think that Clarkson's Amazon show will be anything near what Top Gear was. They had loads of money and loads of talent to work with at BBC, I don't think they will have nearly as much with Amazon.
>>
Why am I totally unsurprised that Chris Evans is a total fuckwit
>>
>>14161570
>Motortrend
Shit taste.

Road and Track is much better.
>>
>>14161598
>They had loads of money and loads of talent to work with at BBC, I don't think they will have nearly as much with Amazon.

Amazon if giving them 7 Million an episode just for the shows budget:

http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-is-paying-former-top-gear-host-jeremy-clarkson-a-ridiculous-amount-of-money-2015-8
>>
File: ishygddt.jpg (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt.jpg
23 KB, 600x600
>>14161603
>not Car & Driver
>>
In a few years the BBC brass will have to grovel and beg Clarkson & co to come back.
>>
>>14161621
Road and Track is literally just the sporty version of Car and Driver. Same company.
>>
>>14161603
>>14161621
>not hot rod magazine and grassroots motorsport
>>
I remember when he was a guest on Top Gear he dead seriously says about his California something along the lines of "I love sharing the car with the public, I even let my gardener look at it sometimes," what a clown. Of course it's going to be a disaster.
>>
>>14161615
As someone who knows nothing about TV, is that a lot or a little?
>>
>>14161643
To put it in perspective, Top Gear used to have a budget of 7 million pounds per season.
>>
>>14161643
edit: nevermind, I actually read the link
>>
>>14161633
I only read Road and Track for Baruth articles.
>>
>Guys we need to be SO PROGRESSIVE with the new Top Gear!
>The leading man should be gay!
>And we'll have a woman!
>I dunno, and Chris Harris, I guess? That'll do

I bet they're all scratching their fucking heads wondering why things are going to shit. Chris Harris was a great idea, Sabine was alright, but I can't stand Evans. It's blatantly obvious they went for a quota approach though.
>>
>>14161621
>trusting the people that said the 5th gen Honda Prelude was better, handled better, and is more of a sports car than E36 and Miata
>>
when's the clarkson/hammond/may amazon show happening?
>>
>>14161656
Does this mean that Harris is going to abandon /Drive a second time?
>>
>>14161665
End of this year-ish, apparently.

There's no set date yet, but they started filming stuff back in October.
>>
>>14161665
tomorrow
>>
So the Amazon show is only getting 1 episode a month? I'd rather they make it bi-weekly and bring the budget down to 3 million, which is still TWICE the budget of a Top Gear episode. And they did some pretty amazing shit on that show.
>>
>>14161668

Harris has become a neat little money whore.

He did alright videos, but I'm starting to dislike the character the bloke shows.

> plis supurt patreon 4 utub bids

Hasn't put out any more videos than he used to, in fact even less, yet keeps taking in all the money he cans.

Back with that JF faggot. TG. Doing ads for auctioneers disguised as videos on is channel.

Lad managed to create a proper racket.
>>
>>14161643
Ask yourself if paying a fat old baby boomer $7 million to do an hour of footage is a lot or not.
>>
>>14161791
>Jeremy
>boomer

He doesn't like the majority of American pigfat. Most boomer-tier car he likes is the C6, and anyone would like it if they actually got to drive one.
>>
File: 1427867657841.jpg (401 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1427867657841.jpg
401 KB, 1920x1080
>>14161657
>>
>>14161804

He's a British nationalist in a post-manufacturing Britain. I think it hurts him to realize that all the great British marques are foreign owned.

I hear Jaguar is going to install a toilet feature.
>>
>>14161804
Before the reboot his reviews of American cars were pretty positive.
>>
Wish Sabine and Harris weren't associated with this trainwreck desu
>>
>>14161657
wat
>>
>>14161563
>Top Gear
>Stuck with a dickhead
>Amazon's new show
>Higher budget
>With three of the most popular car journalists

BBC might as well off their Top Gear franchise if they don't want to see their costs surpassing their income
>>
File: 1381968270483.png (208 KB, 1000x1566) Image search: [Google]
1381968270483.png
208 KB, 1000x1566
>>14162072
>mfw it tanks and firing Clarkson is the start of the death of British TV
>>
>>14161615
I just hope the bigger budget doesn't ruin the feel of the show.
>>
File: o-FARM-570.jpg (67 KB, 570x371) Image search: [Google]
o-FARM-570.jpg
67 KB, 570x371
>>14162353
call me a foolish optimist, but I don't think the budget will change the chemistry
>>
>all people care about is internet drama
To be expected of faggots who still watch TG. It stopped being a program for car people like a decade ago, it's just yet another "scripted reality" show.
>>
>>14162369
Chemistry, no. I'm just hoping they don't jump the shark with more staged garbage. Having a larger budget isn't necessarily a bad thing, but some of their best segments were lower budget ones.
>>
File: frieburger 2.gif (2 MB, 349x255) Image search: [Google]
frieburger 2.gif
2 MB, 349x255
>>14161603
Hot Rod or nothing.
>>
>>14161563
topgear was FUCKED the moment they lost the 3.

now they're returning with a bigger budget, who the fuck would watch topgear over clarkson, hammond and may on amazon?
>>
>>14162455

Sure.

Jews that ruined a perfect show for dem monis.
>>
>>14161598
>clarksons shit
Yeah, the guy who refuses to go quietly into the PC, feminazi bullshit world. Clarkson should be hoisted on shoulders and paraded around town. I'm not saying you have to agree with him on politics or whatever, but the man was a fucking MAN in this world of cucks. I'm so glad he's gone from the bullshit. Online streaming is like the internet right now. FREEDOM. I hop top gear dies a horrific death and Amazon Gear makes them millions.
>>
File: thrashing.webm (628 KB, 460x318) Image search: [Google]
thrashing.webm
628 KB, 460x318
i binned the telly and stopped paying the tv tax
>>
>>14162458
I also wonder if the Trio's new show will be a hit. Bbc was a national public telivision show with a mirror on us cable and sattelite providers. Amazon is the stepchild of the streaming services that you get as a bonus after you pay for free shipping.

Who has amazon?
>>
>>14162545
no-one has amazon.

but everyone fucking loves the trio. they will either pirate it to watch it or get amazon just for them.

not even joking, they are that popular.

BBC shot itself in the foot trying to be all progressive
>>
>>14162458
>the moment they lost the 3
they were fucked the moment they lost clackson
they knew a massive shitstorm would happen when they fired him, thats why he was given so much leeway in the past
i'd even go as far as to say that they were at least aware that hammond and may could leave when they cut clarkson off. And with how popular TG was on Netflix/Hulu, I'd even go further and say that the idea of him/them getting bought up by a streaming service online at least popped up in one of their heads at one point

However I bet they put all their chips on the notion that "oh they're old they'll probably just retire for good"
>>
>>14162572
To be fair, his punchup happened outside of work, at the end of the day.

They should have let the 2 men handle it on their own terms, instead of trying to be all politically correct.

Guess what, men fight. Fucking deal with it.

But BBC had to live up to it's name of being all progressive and now look, they're FUCKED.
>>
>>14161563
of course it will be
>>
>>14162556
>no-one has amazon
Yeah it's only the most popular company in the world. lol. And a fuck load of people have amazon prime which gives you access to the streaming. I GUARANTEE more people have amazon prime than had BBC.
>>
>>14162600
Do they? I don't know, but my point is....amazon could be a literal nobody, the moment they picked up the trio they got guaranteed subscribers.

Their views will skyrocket now.
Topgear was loved by everyone all over the world and nothing's going to change except a bigger budget!

Clarkson, hammond and may made the show, not the topgear name.
>>
>>14162607
...you clearly know nothing about amazon. They will pick up SOME subscribers, but they have a retarded amount of customers.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/amazon-is-the-most-popular-company-in-america-2014-12-30
(amazon has more than netflix)
http://news.investors.com/technology-click/012715-736533-amazon-prime-has-more-subscribers-than-netflix.htm
>>
>>14162619
I honestly don't, i said that in my last post.

My point was though, a literal no name company could pick them up and instantly be successful.

The fact a company with a big budget picked them up only makes it better.
>>
>subscribe to amazon
amazon has a private bittorrent tracker?

seriously was there anyone who didn't torrent the show or use get_iplayer?
>>
>>14162539
>not eating the telly
>>
>>14162630
I pirated it because you couldn't get it here in the states. However, with Amazon I will happily pay to support it so it continues. Also you get a TON of shit with prime. You can pirate it or spend a couple bucks a month to support the fellas. IDGAF if they become billionaires. They entertain millions and STUCK TOGETHER. They are what everyone should strive to be. Loyal. I'll support them all day.
>>
>>14162556
Pretty much everyone has prime instead of netflix in yurop.
>>
>>14162545
>Who has amazon?
My mother changed her cable television plan to the bare minimum and watched stuff from Amazon Prime and Netflix all the time through a Roku.
>>
>>14162682
It's only in the UK, Germany and Austria here. Most people use Netflix or Popcorn time
>>
>>14162710
So most countries that matter?
>>
>>14161563
Stopped watching top gear about 5 years ago because it was the same show every episode.

Cars no one can afford
Stupid race
Make something idiotic
>>
>>14162710
>amazon has more users than netflix
>netflix faggots btfo
>>
File: sabine_schmitz_M5_e60.jpg (66 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
sabine_schmitz_M5_e60.jpg
66 KB, 640x427
desu I would let sabine blow me while I cruze around the nurburgring in my stanced E36
>>
I've already decided to get an Amazon Prime subscription the moment I heard about the trio getting a show over there.
>>
>>14162444
This. Some of the high budget stuff like the police chase with the tank was kinda boring
>>
>>14162444
How much did the Christmas specials cost to make? I can't imagine it cost more then 100k to ship the crew out somewhere and buy some used cars.
The Burma and Vietnam specials hold a special place in my heart.
>>
>>14162271
British TV killed itself. I never understood the die-hard following shows like Dr. Who have. The writing and acting seem poor, the plot is... an acquired taste, and it just seems like a show that should've died back in the 80's.

Monty Python was great, and like much of the early Simpsons seemed to predict the future.

I really can't find a British TV show that is good. That being said, it's hard to find a TV show in general that's good. Most of modern television is "reality" TV, or poorly-acted and writted crime dramas like NCIS or CSI.
>>
>>14161563
>crashed a brand new Jaguar tester on his first time around the famed Top Gear track

into what?
>>
>>14161563
I don't care. Chris Evans is a shithead ginger northern scumbag, and I refuse to watch anything he's in.
It's not Top Gear without Clarkson. At all. And it'll be dead without the banter and with language barriers.

> Going PC
Fuck that.
> No rebellion against the BBC Agenda
They may as well have a tranny presenting a segment on bicycles.
> Losing big names like crazy
That's what you get for trying to get them.

I'm following Jezza to Amazon Prime. They've got the old production team with the knowledge, they've got the presenters' knowledge of cars, and Jezza's been filming Top Gear since before Chris Evans was even born.
>>
>>14162981
i think tv watching normies want comfy rather than good.

so you get the archers and last of the summer wine and doctor who and coronation street and top of the pops and antiques roadshow and gardeners world and they run and run and run forever even though the original cast died of old age, and there's a nation-up-in-arms shitstorm if a long runner gets axed.
>>
>>14162906
Presumably they'd have cost a hell of a lot more if not for the way Jezza is super popular among the british armed forces.
> Hello, is that the SAS? Yes, we'd like to borrow some of your people. We're filming a show in the middle east. Yeah, Iraq, Syria, that sort of thing.
> No, no, we're not insane. Wait, you want HOW much?
> Would it help if I mentioned this was Top Gear? That you'll get to meet Jeremy Clarkson?
> Oh, okay, that's much more reasonable.
> Sure, we'll give some of your guys a lift home out of there as well.
> And we'll pad out the camera crew with some intelligence guys to drop off, sure.

> Hello, it's Top Gear. May we borrow your top secret testing ground?
> Again?
> We're going to drive a used rally car around it.
> Oh, we'll need some of your vehicles too.
> And the crews.
> And to film them.
> Oh, and we want you to shoot at our car while you're doing it.
> Yeah, I figured it was imp... You will?
> Shit, I thought he was just bullshitting us. Guess we'll have to draw lots to find a cameraman willing to be shot at.
>>
top gear was never good so who cares..
>>
>>14162650
It's $100 a year, buddy.
>>
>>14161709
I'm sorry you can't watch his highly produced videos for free.
Oh wait you can.
>>
>>14161642
and he painted all his Ferraris white.
>>
>>14161563
Dunno if any of you lot have read Richard Porter's "And on That Bombshell", but it provides quite a lot of interesting insight into how the show used to work.

Basically, Clarkson was always a spectacular control freak, and new Top Gear was his baby. Everyone else spent a most of their time realising, improving and presenting HIS ideas. The reason the show worked, Porter reckons, is because he was a lot better at his job than people give him credit for, and because the production team recognised this and saw how their own talents fitted in.

Thus, it doesn't matter of Evans is a control freak, provided he has a good, clear vision for the show and a team of talented people around him to make it happen. Does he? We shall have to wait and see.
>>
>>14161598
Most of the old TG production team abandoned the BBC when Hammond and May left. They're now currently working on the Amazon show.

The new TG "production team" knowing nothing about cars is absolute kek and I so dearly hope TG crashes and burns and all we're left with is the magazine and website.
>>
>>14162545
I pay for Prime but I've never used the streaming service. I will once the Clarkson show comes on though.

My brother pays for it and uses it mostly for streaming in addition to netflix.
>>
>>14162981
That's not really fair. Britain has made a lot of very good dramas recently, replete with good writing, acting and camerawork. Don't know if any of you watched that televisation of An Inspector Calls a couple of months back, but it was absolutely killer.

Thing is, none of that stuff makes it back to the states because you're making an awful lot of your own good television, so you don't really need any more, I think.
>>
>>14161563

Its dead. BBC can die with it for all I care. Enough with the PC bullshit
>>
>>14162866
stancing an e36 is for cucks
>>
>>14162981
Time team
>>
>>14163214
so its around $8 a month.
>>
File: hell yeah.jpg (121 KB, 960x473) Image search: [Google]
hell yeah.jpg
121 KB, 960x473
>amazons top gear will be like old one, except bigger budget
>there will be no bbc cucks telling them what they can and can't do

it's gonna be glorious
>>
http://jalopnik.com/is-the-new-top-gear-a-total-shitshow-1750688874

hi jalopnik, fancy seeing u here
>>
>>14161598
I think what they will loose is access to some resources that don't involve money
like venues and such
but at lest we will see the uk police and mill less often
>>
>>14162399
This anon has a point, it did become a scripted reality show. I couldn't stand the little "funny segments" complete with that fucking reality show music. You know what I'm talking about.

That isn't to say the show wasn't still good, the specials stayed great, I just hope they keep doing shitty car challenges even with the huge budget.

And no matter what it will never be as bad as the average TLC reality show. God help us if it ever comes to that.
>>
>>14162592
Let's never go quietly into that PC dark anon. We'll fight against it with our last fading cry "Nigger"
>>
>>14162906
what is your favourite Top Gear challenge ?
>>
>>14161563
I don't even want to try watching it.
>>
>>14162981
>I really can't find a British TV show that is good
some of the older police procedurals priddy good
and you may like scrap heap challenge even tho it is a bit contrived
>>
File: clarky.jpg (3 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
clarky.jpg
3 MB, 2048x1536
>>14163071
that and its a promotional opportunity for the army
>>14163073
ayee
so long as there is someone to keep clarkson in check
>>
>>14163961
Not the Anon you were asking, but my favorite was Vietnam and the scooters.

Patagonia was awesome too until the mexicans started attacking.
>>
>>14161657

In what context?
>>
>>14161656
>It's blatantly obvious they went for a quota approach though.

100% this, I'm all for the best man for the job but a perfect lineup of 1 white male, 1 non-white male and 1 woman just stinks of quotas.

I reckon that new Top Gear is going to be a lot like old old Top Gear. Actual consumer reports, a focus on the everyman and probably an electric car section every week. The biggest issue is going to be replacing the chemistry the original 3 have.
>>
>>14164077
Who the fuck would want to watch that?
>>
>>14163071
about which special you are talking about?
>>
>>14164098
Sounds like the Middle East special
>>
>>14162981
Britbong here.

I don't watch British TV anymore. I stopped watching Dr Who this year since watching from the 80s, due the the appalling state of the writing. It was never good, but it's somehow become 400% worse despite a better Doctor carrying the show. With the loss of Top Gear and Dr. Who, I have no reason to watch TV anymore.

All that's left is normalfag shite, like Eastenders and Sherlock. I just wish the BBC would take chances instead of going with safe, PC, dramas every single time.
>>
>>14164025
>mexicans

I think you mean Argentines.
>>
>>14161603
My nigger. Best photography, best writing, all the way back to the fifties.
>>
>>14164083
No one, but it would be PC as all fuck, tick every single quota the BBC has, and get amazing viewership (for one episode) on the Top Gear name
>>
>>14164072
Best handling cars under $30k
>>
>>14164141

What year in is in reference?
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 480x360
>>14163214
Tfw only pay 50 a year
>>
>>14161563
lol i have no idea who this chris evans guy is, but he looks like a total dork. Im not watching that shit. I hardly watch TGUK before the shit storm
>>
>>14164147
98 I think
>>
>>14161563
Chris Evans of course its going to be shit. He ruined Wogan's BBC Radio 2 breakfast show, he got way too big for his own good with Ginger productions where he was allegedly sending his staff out to buy cocaine for him. Dumping Clackson for him hasn't really removed a powder keg from the show just put more of there eggs in one 18 hour bendering basket with a history of not showing up for work.

David Coulthard can drive but his F1 presenting shows he's no host.

Sabine can be entertaining but her last car show didn't last long.

As for Harris I'd rather cut my own testacies off and eat them raw than watch him.
>>
>>14164154
He's a radio presenter that collects Ferraris and is a famous arse
>>
>>14161563
That cocktucking cunt
>>
>>14164154
He was big in the 90s, married Billie Pipper, was found a few weeks after that under a stripper at Spearmint Rhino after spending the previous 18 hours drinking and allegedly taking illegal drugs, before totally going off the deep end.
>>
>>14163961
Mine was going through the mid west in rwd roadsters while James's BMW broke down a lot
>>
>>14164182
>radio presenter
ok. what sort of shows?

>>14164221
>married Billie Pipper
who? is she hot?
>totally going off the deep end.
sounds like a cuck
>>
>>14164155

I say.

Yes, that's rather obtuse.

Found the story:
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/the-best-handling-car-for-less-than-30000-archived-feature

They compared a 138hp bmw 318ti to a Miata and a 285hp Camaro Z28.

The only thing I gained from this test was... you could buy a Camaro for entry level prices in those days.
>>
>>14164243
>ok. what sort of shows?

Breakfast show on Radio 2, it's generic top 40 crap mixed with "golden oldies" for middle aged punters. It's not awful, but he's several orders of magnitude worse than the guy he replaced (Terry Wogan)

>who? is she hot?
In a generic bimbo kinda way, yeah.
>sounds like a cuck
He acts like a right fanny every time I've seen him on TV, he's got very little charisma.
>>
>>14164243
>>married Billie Pipperwho? is she hot?
Teen pop star.
>>
>>14164221
That really annoying doctor who bitch?
>>
>>14164322
A long time before that.
>>
>>14162444
This will most likely happen, it will be much more of an entertainment related show now, it needs to appeal to more of an audience now to get their monies worth, the scripted stuff is going to go through the roof
>>
>>14164243
She was a Dr.Who companion alongside David Tennant, the most well known Doctor and companion pair I think. Brits fucking eat that shit show up.
>>
>>14164448
Probably because there is nothing else good since networks started importing US shows.
>>
>>14164125
>reading any magazine
>knowing they can't trash a car or they won't be able to test them again
>magazines cucked for life

Who the fuck reads these pieces of biased shit anymore?
>>
>>14164243
Dude.... Learn about current culture. Also google.
>>
File: 1365510897.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1365510897.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
>>14164496
been changing the channel to avoid chris evans' stupid gurning mug since the fucking 90s. he's not current culture, he belongs in a museum.
>>
>>14161563
>Report from The Sun
>The Sun

Fuck sake man. The Sun writes shit just to sell papers. You've literally taken their bait.
>>
>>14165517
Every paper writes articles to sell papers. Every single one of them.
>>
>>14164315
That's his beard, that smug faggot is fruityer than a bag of skittles
>>
>>14165531
Sorry, "makes up shit to sell papers"

It's clickbait, in paper form. The Sun is well known for it
>>
>>14165535
He's not married to her anymore he's on wife No. 3 a golf pro.
>>
>>14164892
Or the bin behind a museum, guv.
>>
>>14162592
Clarkson reported the matter to the BBC heads himself, he knew what he was doing.
He'll be making more working for Amazon in one season of the new show than he would have over 10 years with the Beeb.
>>
>>14162600
>I GUARANTEE more people have amazon prime than had BBC

Idiot
>>
File: TG-12x01.jpg (58 KB, 530x330) Image search: [Google]
TG-12x01.jpg
58 KB, 530x330
>>14163961
probably the truck driving one
>>
>>14164098
Middle east special, and the episode where they took a Lancer Evo and had the Army wreck it while playing some playground game.
>>
>>14161570
They already have signed with Amazon, rumor is that they're already filming.

>>14161598
Dude, Amazon is worth more than BBC's holdings are all together, the literally can throw money at it to make sure its a success.
>>
>>14165574
Were talking about europoors PAYING for BBC. Not the countries where it's free anyways.
>>
>>14161643
There are movies that are shown in theaters with smaller budgets.
>>
>>14164300
>several orders of magnitude worse than the guy he replaced (Terry Wogan)

In all fairness, Terry Wogan is an absolute legend, and anyone would be orders of magnitude worse.
Evans has, however, flat-out ruined the only regular radio station I can tolerate listening to.

>>14164322
Not as annoying as her replacement. At least she had tits to look at while you tuned out her rambling.
>>
>>14163961

the 24 hours race with their bmw
>>
>>14165633
people pay for that shit? i thought it was free for britbongs.
Here in the states we pay for it only because its part of the cable channel bundles
>>
>>14165554
Chris Evans
>Come for the money
>Leave for the hetro sex
>>
>>14165651
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_licensing_in_the_United_Kingdom

Exactly. The BBC LOOKS like it has a lot of customers, but it's just because it's bundled in with the 100000 other stations no one watches in most countries.
>>
>>14165639
Which one the black one or the scottish red head?
>>
>>14161563
>a show worth “more than £50 million a year” in merchandising, live events and other revenue sources.
not for much longer.
>>
File: rsz_kx54sv5[1].jpg (478 KB, 1025x684) Image search: [Google]
rsz_kx54sv5[1].jpg
478 KB, 1025x684
>>14165625
>rumor is that they're already filming.
They tweated a few picks months back on location the the 918, P1 and LaFerrari withe the film crew (most of them also ex-BBC).
>>
>>14165713
It probably lost £35 million a year when they didn't renew the contracts, the rest will be whiped out the first time Chris Harris is on screen, I mean come on did noone at the BBC look at the shit he put on youtube?
>>
>>14165665
>>14165713
>>14165760
I truly look forward to the demise of the BBC. I despise the BBC so much.
>>
>>14161638
>roadkill
>horsepower TV
>gearz
Bueno
>>
File: Mr. Regular.jpg (21 KB, 468x348) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Regular.jpg
21 KB, 468x348
>>14161603
>Road and Track
>hired a 35 year old autistic furfag who doesn't know what a main cap is to write for them
>anything other than shit tier
>>
>>14164285
Stay mad
The prelude handles amazing
>>
>>14163961
Vietnam Special is great. It's Long Way Round, only much more interesting, fun and comfy.

God, Long Way Round/Down was boring.
>we're going around the world
>on bikes designed in a lab to do just that
>>
>>14165924
not as good as an E36 or Miat though
>>
>>14162482
It's not really that bad. At least it's not Hot Rod Garage with fucking commercials.
>>
>>14163071

It's not top secret.
>>
>>14166033
it surpasses them
i've driven all three
>>
>>14165778
I agree, fuck them and their "unique funding"
>>
>>14161563
What happened to Top Gear is like analogy of what happened to the UK.
>>
>>14162556
What's awesome about Amazon is that you can download their videos and watch it without internet connection
>>
>>14167202
>Previously well-liked figurehead abuses his power causing other authority to step in, with the end result being replacement by an incompetent monkey

USA circa Nixon, surely?
>>
>>14165740
I hope the one armed bloke from the TGUK vs German TG is still with them.
>>
>>14163961
I liked a lot of the small challenges they did like May and Hammond working as taxi drivers who arrive on scooters and drive you home in your car.
As for episode long challenges the road works in 24 hours, 24hr endurance race, and MR Italian super car on a budget are all up there.
>>
>>14162455
Kek that look on frys face while his co-host hacked apart the fenders of the Chevy truck. "We'll just Zeus it back together, no big deal"
>>
>>14165914
bro he shows his face in videos now
>>
>>14168382
He got his revenge in the Monte Carlo stock car crash.

Poor fucking doge though....
>>
>>14169451
They both loved that car and it was not intentional, though.
>>
>>14166017
>God, Long Way Round/Down was boring.
That Charie guy was way more interesting than ScottishMcboring

Holy fuck how can a show about bikes be so boring?!?!?
>>
>>14163552
$100 upfront payment
>>
>>14161642
Series 6 episode 9 if anyone cares to watch. Can't find it on YouTube.

>>14169576
You can always share it with someone else. Their family thing means you can share the prime shipping with a few accounts, but the books, music, and video stuff can only be accessed by the main account.
>>
>>14167384
To be fair basically every country ever goes through that sort of thing.
>>
>>14162981
>hard to find a tv show in general that is good
Where have you been for the past decade m8? We are living in a golden age of television
>mad men
>the sopranos
>narcos
>house of cards
>sons of anarchy
>breaking bad
>game of thrones
>>
>>14169476
It wasn't about bikes. It was about travelling.
>>
>>14163961
The cambodia one was pretty comfy
>>
I hope they'll still have a "Christmas special" in the Amazon show.

Watching them fuck around in cheap cars in third world countries was my favorite part of the show.
>>
>>14161626
In a few years they're too old and rich.
>>
>>14164315
Brits always look inbred somehow.
>>
File: 1397009153006.png (339 KB, 364x432) Image search: [Google]
1397009153006.png
339 KB, 364x432
>>14172985
>somehow
>>
>>14165914
They also hired convicted felon Jack Baruth, who has publicly shit on RCR.
>>
The last "real" episode was pretty good for a mid-season one
>nux absolutely thrashes the reasonably priced car
>captain slow does some racing
>>
>>14162644
>I WANNA NICK YA!
>>
re: Amazon, I torrented The Man in the High Castle and it's shit.
>>
>>14163071
>Oh, okay, that's much more reasonable.
killed me
>>
>>14163961
caravanning or when they built their own motorhomes/caravan/whatever the brits call them
>>
>>14163961
The homemade RV one for sure. Scripted as fuck, but its like they let the designers get high as fuck when they were making em
>>
File: 1443898887336.jpg (30 KB, 450x432) Image search: [Google]
1443898887336.jpg
30 KB, 450x432
>bad news everyone?!

i-i think it might be okay. I mean it will never be the old top gear, that show is gone; But we still will probably have the stig and stars in reasonably priced cars. And what new possibilities, many budget, and such established hoonery could amazon wow us with
>holy shit deze nigs send mes packages

Hopefully the BBC top gear will be more like the normal show was (but different) and the new amazon show will be more like the specials, good car buddy fun in neat locations.

the question is can we have enough room in our burgers for two car shows?
>>
>>14166017
>on bikes designed in a lab to do just that
they keep falling over every bump
spend an age trying to lift their heavy bikes up
camera man rock solid on his 40 y/o soviet scooter
>>
File: DSCF1126.jpg (972 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1126.jpg
972 KB, 2304x1728
>>14176036
i found it very instructive in terms of what not to do.

it's been over a decade since LWR aired, and yet you'll still see 'adventure' bikes with 400lbs of metal boxes falling over like dominos on a totally flat field.
>>
>>14161563

>Went to Barnes and Nobles
>Saw that guy's face on the cover.
>Walked right by.

Yes they do have a magazine, or more so did.
>>
>>14167384
>abuses his power

More like the producer just shoved them off.
>>
The good scripted stuff is fine, but I wish they'd do more reviews of attainable cars, instead of just million dollar hyper cars.
>>
>>14164077
Isn't that what 5th Gear already is?
>>
By season 2 they'll panic, shitcan the talent, bring in Finnegan/Freiburger, Corolla/Leno, and let them do whatever they want.

It's real to me damn it.
>>
>>14161626
They don't have the money(or aren't willing to spend it)
>>
>>14176625
>Finnegan/Freiburger, Corolla/Leno,
Who?
>>
File: PANIC.jpg (19 KB, 192x279) Image search: [Google]
PANIC.jpg
19 KB, 192x279
>>14176625
>Top Gear budget
>Finnegan/Freiburger
Pic fucking related
>>
>>14178262
>Alright, so they gave us 5 mil to blow.
>We had this big thing planned, but we ended up buying two dozen clapped out Mopars and the contents of a Harbor Freight warehouse
>We're going to try and get some of the cars running, then take them off some jumps out in the desert. Do some autocross and drag stuff with them if we have time.
>>
wait, Sabine Schmitz will be on the show?

That's it, I'm not going to watch that. Listening to her speaking English always made me cringe so fucking hard.
>>
>>14178295
>Listening to her speaking English always made me so fucking hard.
>>
File: nobody.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
nobody.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>top gear
>without Clarkson/Hammond/May

pic related
/thread
>>
>>14162545
I have it. The movie selection is pitiful desu Ive only watchd two movies on it.
>>
>>14164118
I think you mean niggers.
>>
File: MWQdEAy.jpg (121 KB, 737x507) Image search: [Google]
MWQdEAy.jpg
121 KB, 737x507
>>14178299
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc
>>
>>14178286
>>14178262
This to be entirely truthful my family and friends.
>>
>>14162787
Oh look everyone this poster here hates fun!
>>
>>14162787
I had the same problem with The Wire,stoped watching it after about 4 episodes they were all the same.

Some men talking about committing crimes
Some other men talking about stopping them committing crimes
A brit pretending to be American.
>>
>>14162047
This.
It's gonna be really awkward when Clarkson inevitably runs into her on the Nürburg Ring.
>>
>>14179718

Trying saying that on /tv/, they'll fucking murder you desu senpai
>>
>>14179179
nice buzzword
>>
>>14162991
Probably the Jumbo-Jet in the background.
>>
>>14164243
She's the bride of Frankenstein in Penny Dreadful.
>>
>>14179990
/tv/ a shit
>>
>>14175521
u wot m8
Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.