[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel guilty for not buying cars that originate from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: automakers.png (192 KB, 817x613) Image search: [Google]
automakers.png
192 KB, 817x613
Anyone else feel guilty for not buying cars that originate from the country you live in? Or is it just all propaganda?

Eg. Be American and not buying Ford, GM, Tesla or Dodge(Maybe American)?
>>
If I buy a GM, I'm probably getting a car built in Mexico. If I buy Honda, I'm probably getting a car built in Canada. So by buying Japanese, I'm supporting the local economy.

Not that I care about that shit, I'll probably get an import next.
>>
>>14166806
Nope. I buy stuff (cars, etc.) based on the quality and value of the product, not the country of origin, brand, etc.
>>
File: 1440697344917.jpg (17 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
1440697344917.jpg
17 KB, 429x399
>>14166824
This

If people started buying cars for reasons like these (some do, but thank fuck they are a minority) that would give less incentive to innovate and compete with your competitors. Sure, you'll have some competition between the brands in your nation if your nation is large enough to support several manufacturers, but you run the risk of creating an opportunity fo the individual brands to take a segment each. An example would be Tesla doing all electric vehicles, Ford doing all the pickups, Chevrolet doing all the sport cars, Chrysler (god help us) doing vans and family cars and so on....
>>
File: Come on Now.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
Come on Now.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
>>14166813
>Not buying a Bricklin SV-1
>>
>Anyone else feel guilty for not buying cars that originate from the country you live in?
Absolutely not. There are several categories of cars that Germans can simply not compete in, and even when they can Benzes and Porsches are too expensive, BMWs and Audis have an unbearable douchebag image and VWs and Opels are nothing but econoshitboxes.
>>
File: 2015-acura-nsx.jpg (94 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
2015-acura-nsx.jpg
94 KB, 800x450
I have to admit that even though i wouldn't necessarily buy a car based on country of Origin alone (though /o/ and people on the internet in general love to bash cars based on their country of Origin)

It warms my heart when a foreign brand decides to build/design exotics or luxury cars in my home country.

(Such as Honda building their NSX successor in Ohio and then probably exporting it to other countries as an exotic)
>>
File: crownvic14.jpg (86 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
crownvic14.jpg
86 KB, 800x533
>>14166806
>Be canadian
>buy huge american luxobarge
>built in canada

pic related
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 640x480
>MFW when you are Chinese
>entire country is high on underpowered shitbox or electric sucide mobile
>>
>>14166806
You should always buy the best car available for your purpose. If you support your country great, if not your country will slowly lose numbers and change to get better.
>>
>>14166844
Love how it looks, but it's a piece of shit
>>
>>14166806
Country of origin isn't necessary to use when classifying automobiles because the 3 major car producing regions have such vastly different methods.

American - quick, easy and cheap to service, large engine, basic, relatively inexpensive

European - "refined", very highly specialized service procedures which require many hrs and special tools, marketed as luxurious, high price allows them to appeal to a smaller consumer base which puts little thought into value

Asian -cheap and affordable, almost all fwd or awd, small engines for muh hp/l, fuel economy a major selling point, generally fairly reliable but service procedures are somewhere between american and European cars, make really great commuter cars and affordable economy cars
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.