[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Solid daily driver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: 2015Mazda3_title[1].jpg (157 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
2015Mazda3_title[1].jpg
157 KB, 600x300
Thinking about leasing a new daily driver, something I can keep for under $400 a month.

Considering something akin to a Mazda 3. Anything you would suggest looking at or avoiding?
>>
>>14146787
>LEASING
>>
I'd strongly recommend buying new or leasing/financing. Most cars depreciate by a third of their value at minimum in 2-4 years while having warranty left on them.
>>
>>14146787
I would consider the mazda 3. I used to be a car salesman and as far as good little daily drivers I could never find something as perfect as the mazda for the price. Check out some other brands of course but that little 3 is great. I really dislike the BMW rip off knob for the infotainment but I can look past that for the car.
The biggest thing is they're fun. You can have your DD but it's got a responsive steering (even though it's electric) but overall there are way more pros than cons.

Also look into leasing because I know the dealer makes it sound so appealing but there are so many hidden fees that you don't know about and it costs quite a bit more than you'd think. Just some food for thought. Good luck getting a car anon
>>
>>14146803
*recommend against

Whoops
>>
>>14146803
I would only lease it new, otherwise I would just buy it a year or two old with a few miles on it.
>>
>>14146787
If you want a cool dd and don't mind something a bit old go for a 7th gen accord, preferably a 2006 or 2007
>>
The Mazda3 is a solid car, but have you considered the 3 cyl. Ford Focus™?

Stop by your local Ford™ dealer today and try one out!
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
I got myself a 2016 mazda 3. Too bad I was in a rush to get a DD instead of waiting for the speed3

Shits great OP.
>>
ND Miata is the only choice in >2016
>>
>>14146828
Who the fuck this upset to actually post this in every thread
>>
>>14146828
Great advice friendo.
>>
>>14146802
>buying a new car
>keeping a new car after warranty

Actually, why not buy something used instead?
>>
>>14146828
>buying american
>ever
>>
>>14146867
I think most people agree it's only worth leasing a new car. Otherwise just buy it used with < 30k miles
>>
>>14146867
Why not take the bus instead?
>>
Audi a3, Mercedes c300, Lexus IX, BMW 3/4 series, Chevy impala
>>
>>14146872
>le bus maymay

ebin
>>
>>14146883
Lexus IS*
>>
Thanks for the advice friends.
>>
>>14146985
Srs op get one of these

>>14146883

It's better than most other sedans
>>
>>14146787
I have a 2015 Mazda 3. It's very nice to drive, though acceleration is slow. Great on gas. I have the i Touring and all the upgrades were a waste of money. Just go for the Sport model.

Though I do wish a got a 6. More spacious and looks better. I went with the 3 because it had the Mazda Connect system and the 6 did not, but the new model does.
>>
>>14147147
Anything other than size that you prefer about the 6? Curious why you felt like the upgrades were a waste.
>>
>>14146802
There is nothing wrong with leasing, a car is an expense not an investment. Leasing reduces your risk and simplifies things for someone who always wants a relatively new car.
>>
>>14146787
Why does everyone on this site seem to think a dd has to be some dreary economy car? Way I see it, if I'm going to drive something every day, it really should be something I actually enjoy driving.
>>
>>14147339
So what's your DD for in the price range of a Mazda 6?
>>
>>14147519
Ford™ Mustang™ Ecoboost™
>>
>>14147538
This ruse again.
>>
>>14147538
That's a pretty good choice imo. Ford's™ have always been reliable and the new Mustang™ is no exception, Ford™ has really outdone themselves this time.

Op you should totally go check out your local Ford™ dealership today and see what they have.
>>
>>14147575
Is it good for driving your wife's kids?
>>
>>14147519
Almost certainly some sort of hot hatch, personally. Not that that matters, though - you could buy all kinds of interesting stuff with the money, from 80s landbarges to the more practical sports cars of the world via lightly used BMWs and everything else in between. Be creative.

Life is far too short to drive boring cars.
>>
>>14147747
Hot hatch Top Gear squad coming through.
>>
>>14147747
> Life is far too short to drive boring cars.
I'm with this guy. Selling my "responsible grown up" midsize sedan and just bought another one of my dream cars.
>>
>>14147950
What car did you sell and what did you buy?
>>
>>14146868
The new ecoboost fords are top notch though. The throttle response is extra nice and they are decent in reliability.
>>
>>14147976
Selling a Mazda 6, haven't actually sold it yet.

Bought an Acura RSX Type-S. Not everyone's taste, but it's fun and something I've wanted for years.
>>
>>14148183
Anything you liked/disliked about the Mazda? Or you're just ready for something new?
>>
>>14148183
Good job.
>>
>>14148206
Reason for the switch up is just to drive something more fun on a daily basis. I was looking for an RSX when I bought the Mazda and ended up not finding what I wanted.

Liked:
> Comfort
> Interior Design
> Practicality & cargo space (I've got the hatchback version)
> Handling

Disliked:
> Engine performance
> Automatic

Overall the Mazda 6 is a great daily, and I would recommend it as such. Would be a great car if I had a family and needed to haul kids around. As I'm single and don't haul stuff regularly it's overkill.

>>14148341
Thanks
>>
>>14146825
I have a 7th gen Accord, fucking love it.

'04 EX-L with 210k+ miles, rock fucking solid. Only "problems" are that it needs motor mounts done and I get weird HVAC noises on the freeway
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.