[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suzuki Samurais
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Anybody on /o/ know anything about Suzuki Samurais, i really want to sell my Jeep Cherokee to help fund my efforts to buy one.

Is there anything wrong with the, when you go 4 wheeling?

Also other options for good 4x4s, preferably under 2500? Ive seem LR Discoverys for cheapm
>>
Good luck finding a running sammy for under 2.5k!

They're best for around town, on the deer lease cars unless you plan on dropping in a larger motor.

They ride like shit, slow, very small, but god damn are they fun and i love them.

Only thing that jeep guys will admit to being better than a jeep in some aspects (and being much more reliable). Ive seen plenty of videos where a stock sammy can out dd the jeep in most cases just because how light they are. Put some aggressive tires, maybe a small lift, and they're essentially ATVs that will go anywhere.

My grandfather had one, and i rolled it (went up way to steep of a hill) front over back twice and it landed standing up on the rear. Had to replace a tail light because it was the only thing that broke.
>>
>>14103091
Remember that the short wheelbase matters a lot, as well as the light weight
>>
I have seen a few done right and they were badass. If you have the know-how it's a great starting point. You need to be aware that 1. They have rust issues. 2. They have a sufficient, but overall weak stock suspension. 3. The stock motor made less than 100hp when it was new, 25 years ago.
>>
>>14103122

I found one guy local to me who has a running driving one for 2k, although he only has 1 picture, there are a few around me that need a new motor for about 1200. I assume that a good engine and some elbow grease i could have a decent sammy.
>>
>>14103197
A lot of people drop in the 2l toyota engines, add a small lift and do 31" tires. But like >>14103185
said, rust is a problem.

They can be great little rigs, but i havent been able to find one in my area (South Texas) for under 4k that is in decent condition.
>>
File: Ojos.jpg (50 KB, 569x360) Image search: [Google]
Ojos.jpg
50 KB, 569x360
>>14103091
Altitude record for a 4 wheeled vehicle is still held by a SJ (samurai or whatever they're called locally), they're awesome
>>
>>14104487
While impressive I doubt that's an ability inherent to the Samurai. You could've added a supercharger and bigger wheels to any 4x4.
>>
>>14104494
Anything short wheel base, long wheel base (especially those silly american trucks) probably not
>>
>>14103197
The ones that need a motor would be better to get, but it would be a project of course. If I had my way if pick up one that needed at motor and put in a 16v 1.6 from a mid 90s sidekick. The carbed 1.3 the 80s sammys come with is so underpowered and stall like crazy on hills. I think they became fuel injected in 1990. Like people said they are awsome of done right, but for a dd if keep the jeep for now just because it's so much easier to find parts. If you get one it won't be buy and drive unless you spend like 4 or 5k.
>>
>>14103091
My father bought a 1988.5 year model samurai hardtop new off the floor and we had it for over 18 years. When we sold it the little guy had over 450k miles on it all original never did anything besides basic maintenance
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.