[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do most of you guys in California have a hard time with getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: test-only-station.jpg (43 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
test-only-station.jpg
43 KB, 400x300
Do most of you guys in California have a hard time with getting your car to pass smog? I'm mostly talking about 95 or older cars. Both of the cars that I've owned have been a bitch every year to pass smog and after doing some research it's a pain in the ass for everyone.
>>
>>14100967
Get the tank until it's about to stall out right next to the smog shop, then drop 1-2L of E85 in the tank.
Pass the smog, put a 20L of normal petrol back in it, go about your business.
>>
File: 1439931354316.jpg (260 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439931354316.jpg
260 KB, 1080x1080
>mfw i live in a county where CA smog test is only required on title transfer

*Use laquer thinner, a gallon to about half a tank of gas, then blow down the highway for an hour. cleans your cat and your fuel will have fewer emissions
*best time to do a test is on a rainy day in the mornings, less visible smoke, colder so exhaust vapor doesn't visibly condense and people are generally nicer in the morning, even the smog guy.

>>14100986
you can do this with those cheap bottles of fuel additive (read: bottles of methanol) at dollar tree and you don't have to worry about running your fuel pump dry, you can do it to a full tank; anon is right tho, higher alcohol/methanol content will result in cleaner emissions.
>>
>>14100967
In Mexico, you just register in a no test state or in one with lower requirements, is this not an option in the US?
>>
>>14103321

In the US of A we have things called houses. We don't meander around from one dilapidated shack to another selling tamales off the back of a burro registering cars in places that we have nothing to do with
>>
>>14100967
just pay off the tester
>>
>>14103321
How are the car regulations in Mexico? Import laws and such
>>
>>14103321
Depends where you have a mailing address, I live in a smog county, but my parents live in a county like this guy mentioned
>>14101156
So when I have newer cars I register them there. My DD is a 1964 so doesn't have to get smogged anyway.

>>14103346
The way smogs work these days it's pretty hard to do a bogus smog. I used to have my smog license before they started the dyno testing around 2006 or so, would just put the sniffer on another car, but with the dyno/on the move readings modern cars have if the sniff test doesn't match with the RPM/load on the dyno/road red flags will go up and your shop will get lasered off the face of the earth by the EPA satellite
>>
>>14103343
Nigga, burro-delivered tamales are the best. Also borrow the adress of a relative or friend?

>>14103347
Heard it's not difficult if it has a clean title, between 2005 and 2011 and made in US/Canada, no salvages though (You can always bribe someone)

Can you read Spanish? more info here: http://eleconomista.com.mx/industrias/2015/04/07/sat-fija-nuevas-reglas-importacion-automoviles-usados
>>
>>14103404
Can you import old jap cars?
>>
>>14103405
Short anwser: no. But you can if it's a classic (30 yo or more) if outside NAFTA
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.