[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do cops chase bikes? We all know any sport bike can outrun a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: 2014-Yamaha-FZ-09-TR3_7836_lede.jpg (206 KB, 968x644) Image search: [Google]
2014-Yamaha-FZ-09-TR3_7836_lede.jpg
206 KB, 968x644
Do cops chase bikes?
We all know any sport bike can outrun a pigfat Crown Vic and we all think you can't outrun a motorola (even though they can't prove it was you riding the motorcycle) but has a cop ever chased you down?

In my case a cop waited until i pulled up for some gas to get me. I was coasting at 54 in a 25 zone, he can get foqued.
>>
You understand now why that motorola nonsense is bullshit.
They don't go after sports bikes often but they hate dirt bikes even more...
Now in my state (NSW, probably happening elsewhere in the country), they have police dirt bike squads that will go around trying to catch cunts on their dirtbikes and whatever else. But mainly dirtbikes hahah
>>
>>14085643
Not just that bit even here in NSW only highway patrol and a few other police cars are fitted with number plate recognition

A: It's really hard to memorise a number plate quickly when you just got a fleeting glimpse of it
B: Most cars don't have number plate recognition

Lol for fucks sake they don't have your plate stop being paranoid
>>
>>14085643
If you've got the balls for it, sure, you can probably outrun a cop. But if they are really feeling up to it, they can get you. Is it really worth going to prison for a speeding ticket? If you're at the point where you have so many speeding tickets that you're gonna get your license taken away, you're probably an idiot anyway and don't deserve to be riding. At most you should be going 10-15 above speed limit in certain zones, which doesn't really warrant a huge fine unless it's in a school or construction zone, where you should be doing the speed limit because its actually there for protection of others, and not just your dumbass self.
>>
>>14085690
What is dash cams?
>>
Tbh the first time i was pulled over the cop let me go even though i had invalid plates, no registration, no insurance and no license. A buddy said it was probably because i stopped in the first place. I always figured they would chase you regardless.

>>14085704
I noticed cops tailgate you for several seconds to get your plate on camera but once again they can't prove it was you riding the motorcycle (which they have to do).They will prolly show up at your house and ask you about it though.

>my brother cleetus takes it out some times.
>>
>>14085715
Uh no.

Bike is in your name and unless you tell them who was driving it at the time you're responsible for it. Happens all the time.
>>
>>14085643
Waiting for that fag with the blue p17 to start harrassing you
>>
File: Clientes satisfeitos da PMESP.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Clientes satisfeitos da PMESP.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Yeah.
>>
>>14085704
They can't see shit unless you are like RIGHT in front of their car. You should know this if you watched COPS or anything like that.
Look at the resolution
>>
>>14085731
Fair enough but i have a jew lawyer.

>>14085760
only Philly cops in my area have motorbikes. Even then they're slow BMWs.
>>
File: R1 PRF.jpg (134 KB, 778x584) Image search: [Google]
R1 PRF.jpg
134 KB, 778x584
>>14085770

Here they mostly use XT250 and XT660.

Now Highway Federal Police uses R1's and R6's.
>>
>>14085783
Damn i need to join the police...
>>
File: R1 DETRAN.jpg (127 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
R1 DETRAN.jpg
127 KB, 500x369
>>14085798

Or traffic inspection.
>>
>>14085643
Cops will not chase you as long as you are not doing something INSANELY stupid. And if they do chase you for doing some INSANELY stupid, they will stop chasing you if you keep being INSANELY stupid due to safety concerns.

So you win either way. As long as you don't do something INSANELY stupid, and then slow down to reasonable speeds where they can chase you.
>>
>running from police
That is a great way of turning a traffic ticket into a felony. If the police don't kill your first, for that paid vacation.
>>
>>14086033
>for that paid vacation.
I'm white though. That paid vacation wouldn't happen

>mah baby was a good boy he was just trying to save money he had bills
>cop coulda just back'd off n let him b
Nah in Suburban white America he would fry.
>>
yep, where i live they do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj5oZhF6Iuk
>>
>>14085760
>dat nigga getting popped in the arm.

I wonder how much those Judges get paid.
>>
>>14085643
Usually depends on the crime. If your just speeding they might flip the lights on just to see if you are dumb enough to pull over. But usually wont chase. If you rob a bank they will break out the sky-pigs to chase you.
>>
Depends on the area I guess. Where I live, every time I take the XL250s out I get eye fucked by the bacon. Enduros and dirt bikes in a big city like mine usually translates to "hooning delinquent machine" to cops around here. Sport bikes get the same treatment because every fucker and his brother has a busa or a gixxer around here and they all ride like assholes. Nobody even looks once at cruisers cause they're too pigfat to do anything stupid or fast anyway lel
>>
I live in the sticks in vermont.

This past summer i was at the general store, heard 4 cylindets absolutely pinning it, see bike rip across ridge, brake into 3 way stop, pinpinpin

Hear charger screaming through. Watch him accelerate through what we have of a town, nobrakes thrpugh the intersection.

Throw on helmet, kick over dr, hop on and pin.

I knew i wasn't chasing down those fuckers and i had an open road. Went captian insano for a bit taking everything that suzuki had. Cut back after about 20 mins.

Read later how a police chase was stopped in Bristol when the "motorist was apprehended after sustaining 2 flat tires from a spike strip deployed by local police"

>fug, they tried to kill him.

Chase started for crossing the centerline.
Careful. Chasing the chase was rad though.
>>
>>14086054
It doesnt work like that. When cops kill people, they get away with it, black or white
>>
For a while "Pig Baiting" was a thing in the UK.
>Case a police speed trap.
>Make an escape plan.
>Start the fun.

It always helped to have about 100 mph more available than the police car.
>>
>>14089293
>throwing out a spike strip for a bike
that's fucked
>>
>>14085643
My city has a no chase policy. They'll just come find you later.
>>
>>14085643
When the average rookie makes about 100,000 a year you bet your ass they will chase you down until there is no more road left.

http://data.newsday.com/long-island/data/nassau/police-salaries/
>>
>>14088347
Breaking out the sky pigs takes time.
Usually they are already active on friday or saturday nights or on holidays
>>
>>14090691
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWtNHXFslKY

No idea what city it is but it might be yours.
>>
>>14085643
Here in Florida, I ran from the police a few months back.

I was doing about 50 in a 35 and see a motorcycle cop on the opposite lane of traffic. I wave but he doesnt. I then see him make a u turnna few blocks down and noticed my speed. I decide hes far away enough and hasent gotten my tag, im just going to gun it. So i did. Blasting through streets till i looked behind me and the cop wasent there. I came to the conclusion that he decided to stop chasing me and I went home. About 20 minutes later I have 2 police officers searching my neighborhood. THey informed me that they followed me home via helicopter.

Dont run guys. Its not worth it
>>
>>14090703
my friends brother is a nassau cop, and my buddy is trying to get into suffolk pd. much better than working in the city
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onNgsbGpiOk
>>
>>14090706

Speaking of police helicopters...

is there any way(other than listening to police scanners) to tell if you are being tracked by airborne bacon?
>>
I took my sumo out with no plates because I was meeting up with a lot of guys just a few blocks away. I made it 1 block before officer Juan Hernandez Garcia Lopez spotted me, and pretended like he didn't see. He took off and hid and tried to pull me over like 2 blocks away. I gave him the 555 come on now look with my hands and all, and when he got close I just made a right and hopped the sidewalk and he got stuck behind cars at a red light. It's cool living in an urban area because it's so easy to evade, but the only bad thing now is the bike is hot and when I put my plate on he's still gonna pull me over. Going to wait another week before taking it out.

So yes, where I live they try and chase bikes.
>>
>>14085643
gxsf Katana 750 easily
>>
I've pulled a runner a few times here*. During the day or if there's any traffic at all, police won't chase anyone, cars or bikes. They'll radio ahead that you're around and cops will keep a look out for you, but the odds of another cop being nearby are pretty slim.

Only risk is if the air unit is up in the sky at the time, if they find you, you have to dump the bike in underground parking at a mall and consider it a loss.

>riding too quickly
>cop sees me
>I see him pull a u-turn in my mirror
>take off

Assuming he had his radar running, I'd probably have been impounded for 30 days given how much I was above the limit, plus huge fines that I'm not interested in paying.

*Naturally none of this happened and I'm just making it up, none of this would be admissible anywhere
>>
>Doing a casual 150mph
>Suddenly get an ominous feeling
>Slow the fuck down by downshifting so I don't show brake lights
>Realise I saw a white BMW being driven in the slow lane with a reasonable distance between it and the car in front
>He turns his lights on
>A GT blasts past as fast as I was going
>Police take off after him
>>
>>14090679

For crossing a double yellow.

In nowheresville vermont.
I mean, its fucking legal to pass on a double yellow here as long as you do it safely, quickly, and w/out exceeding the speed limit.
>>
>>14095308
For evading the police and failure to obey a lawful order.
>>
>>14085643

I was speeding to work last friday and had Silverado try to edge up on me, so i kept speeding up to get out of his wake

By that he flashed his blues and i realized it was a state trooper.

And I slowed down, he kept driving on though. I was easily doing 90 in a 65

Anecdotally no they won't bother chasing bikes.
>>
>>14095500
The biker was a dick for running and deserved it but.....

Had the guy gotten killed odds are his family would've sued the shit out of the state and probably won.

Had the cops hit some innocent person, they would be sued and lost the case as well.

Crossing a yellow were not grounds for being pulled over and then chased endangering not only the biker but bystanders as well.

It seems like Cops don't give a shit if they hurt innocent people or not.
>>
>>14096527
Most likely it was a detective or something like that who can't be bothered doing traffic work but still don't want you to speed.

It happened to me once driving
>>
>>14085783
That is freaking awesome.
>>
File: MAIT_Truck.jpg (409 KB, 1448x972) Image search: [Google]
MAIT_Truck.jpg
409 KB, 1448x972
>>14096547
It was a marked state trooper, IIRC State troopers don't have Detectives in our state, thats what Sled is for.
>>
>>14096527
>try to edge up on me
God I hate when cops do this. On a bike I've had this happen and every time i speed up just so the nigga doesn't kill me when i try to stop.
"cagers" don't understand how hard it is to stop a bike.
>>
>>14085783
Dang sick
>>
>>14096701
He was in the passing lane on a four lane hwy granted but its still fucking annoying.

I like having space to avoid shit and turning a bike at highspeed involves more than just turning a wheel.
>>
>>14091033
t. Pig
>>
>>14096542
If anybody can just refuse to get pulled over, then what's the point? Would've sucked for the guy, but he was asking for it by running.

Sounding more and more like he dindunuffin.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.