[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A car for first timer. (EU)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: ci_c2_0310_BG.jpg (27 KB, 292x219) Image search: [Google]
ci_c2_0310_BG.jpg
27 KB, 292x219
So as the title says, what does /o/ think i shoudl get as my first car (used obviously) Witch car you have had good experience with? Talking about fuel efitionsy and reliability (so that when i buy a new-used car it wond break under me after only few km)
Pic related. The car i was thinking of getting (Citröen C2)
>>
Here's the obvious answer.
Hon hon hon.
>>
Forgot to mention, i live up north (nordic) so it woudl also be a big plus if the car is good for winter conditions with minus 20 and below
>>
The first car I bought when I started my master was a Citroen C1, bought is brand new (3rd gen was coming out and could get a new one with all options except leather interior and the alloy rims for 8400 euro)

I would say get a C1, 107, Aygo, Up, Mii or any other tiny car that does better than 5l/100km. cheap/free fo road tax, cheap for insurance, cheap in fuelcosts, cheap in maintenance.

little side note on the C2, depending on which engine you get it can be slower then a fucking C1 so be careful not to get less for more.

for any car: check how worn the tires and brakes are when buying second hand, stupid "tuning" and "mods" devaluate the car and change the oil rugalarly if you have a car. oh and don't forget about the timing belt / chain, replacing the belt can be pretty expensive

good luck and don't be tempted to buy a cheap luxury car because you will cry when the first thing breaks and you see the bill to fix that shit
>>
>>14084694
Suzuki Swift 4x4. Cheap (to tax, insure, maintain and buy), reliable, good on gas, Japanese cars tend to start well in the cold. Get a rust protected one and replace also the rear diff oil, as it is unlikely to have been done by the previous owner. Viscous awd will keep you out of trouble and slow down the depreciation.
>>
>>14087055
I'd add to this that paying more for a more efficient car usually doesn't pay off.
If your car uses 1l/100km less but costs 1000€ more, it'll take you 80000km to make up the difference, and you likely won't own the car for so long.
And driving style makes a huge difference.
When I was broke as shit, I drove my 12 year old 1.6l gas engined Focus wagon on 5.5l/100km, less than my buddies in a Lupo and a new Diesel Passat.
>>
>>14087067
depends on the fuel price, scandinavia and especially the netherlands have have extremely high prices. also, all these efficiency numbers are used to determine the tax in many countries.

http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/
>>
>>14084670
My old Rover was pretty bulletproof, K series and all. Don't think it's exactly representative of the brand, though.

My old mechanic used to tell me 1.25 Fiestas are very hardy, and also easy to fix when they go wrong. Also, 1.2 Corsas seem alarmingly good at surviving years of abuse and neglect by clueless teenagers, so I dare say they must be very tough too.
>>
>>14084670

Fiat Panda cross or the simple 4x4 might be something for you. The suzuki sx4 is worth a look or the older Rav4
>>
File: Dafuck.jpg (23 KB, 387x366) Image search: [Google]
Dafuck.jpg
23 KB, 387x366
>>14084670
>fuel efitionsy

Wat ?
>>
>>14084670
Ford Fiesta. Cheap, reliable if looked after, plenty of parts available, Economical.
>>
File: peugeot-208-gti.jpg (73 KB, 760x507) Image search: [Google]
peugeot-208-gti.jpg
73 KB, 760x507
peugeot 208 gti 2013
>>
File: 1450450252680.jpg (62 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1450450252680.jpg
62 KB, 550x550
>>14087645
>>fuel efitionsy
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.