[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ループモンスター!! [LOOP MONSTER] Thread 11
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 17
File: Loop Monster title image copy.png (394 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Loop Monster title image copy.png
394 KB, 600x600
Thread 1: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/10360641/
Thread 2: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/10421715/
Thread 3: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/10549970/
Thread 4: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/10587471/
Thread 5: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/10803490/
Thread 6: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/10921394/
Thread 7: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/12110495/
Thread 8: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/12858722/
Thread 9: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/13670232/
Thread 10: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/13869433/

Cast: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dix7Qh7TXkHUnFvhk3SFD4cmNkJlXdcUDX9Wjt0mnxs/pub

Junkyard Monster (first attempt at a choose-your-own story): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ov7esDcK7ZnRPaW-z1eWfvabED2L9G6FZUgqpA6T028/pub

----

Finally got the mags! Let's get this show on the road.

To recap, we left Sato in the middle of discussing options with Arikawa.

"And what if I wanted to spend a bit of money? Could I increase my performance even further?", you ask.

"That opens up a whole new world Arikawa-san!", Sato says with a wry smile. "For starters, we could look at a new exhaust system and intake filter to help free up the engine a bit. And if you wanted even more... we'd have to look at increasing your boost, maybe improving your fuelling and getting a plug and play ECU."

You wince. "Maybe not that far Sato-san. I'm getting docked this month..."
Sato gives you a knowing grin. "The race last night was pretty late huh? Heh..."
>>
File: IMAG0562.jpg (4 MB, 4672x2624) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0562.jpg
4 MB, 4672x2624
>>13999530

He walked over to a minifridge in the corner of the room, getting out two cans. Iced coffee, just what you needed to perk up. Giving one to you, he chuckles. "Office life never suited me. I much preffered using my own initiative, being my own boss. I loved cars, so I thought, why not start a garage?" He pointed over to a picture of a middle-aged couple. "My parents were a hurdle, to begin with. The idea of having their only son not be a salaryman... offended them, you could say. Once they saw how happy I was though...". A tight smile. "It only took 10 years for them to realise. Too late, really."

Sato wandered back around to the desk, pausing in front of a shelf. Running his finger down them, you hear an "Aha!", followed by Sato extracting a familiar volume.

"The Hyper Rev?", you ask.

"Of course. Just to give you an idea of what's out there in terms of exhaust systems. That is, if you want to go for one."

"I'm not sure yet, but I'll have a look."

Flicking through the pages, Sato reaches a section lined with pink, the text MUFFLER at the top. There were quite a few choices. Sitting down, you continue sipping at the can of iced coffee as you flick through the pages, eventually getting a clearer idea of what you wanted.

Ok then! Double-barrelled choice this time!

A) No stripping
B) Partial strip - Loss of rear seats, rear/boot trim plastics
C) Full strip - sound-deadening, carpets, stripped down doorcards, headliner removal BUT this will keep your car from you for a longer period of time

X) No exhaust upgrade
Y) Single tip exhaust (Full cat-back system)
Z) Double tip exhaust (Full cat-back system)
>>
BY
>>
A: It'll become unlivable for daily driving.
Z: I like me a nice dual tip. Bonus points for double duals. (pic related)
>>
BZ
>>
>>13999548
B) in addition, remove the trunk carpet as well -- that shit is heavy in those cars

Y)
>>
BY. its a 4cyl. Why have dual exhaust/two small tips
>>
>>13999856
It's a turbo engine, the exhaust itself is still 1 pipe
>>
>>14000170
Is a response to>>13999597
Double votes for by
>>
>>14000206
oh please. Allow yourself some rice. Its the fucking 1990's in the story. Rice was popular.
>>
File: p1.jpg (60 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
p1.jpg
60 KB, 800x530
B!
Because it's a daily driver.

Z!
Because dual tip mufflers are boss.
>>
>>14000224
Don't forget, we're in the ancestral homeland of that most fabled of Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements: the single exit fart cannon.

----

This is shaping up to be quite a close choice so far! Should be a post tonight of the actual exhausts you can choose from (if you want me to be that autistic)
>>
>>14002235
yeah pictures would be cool but not required.
>>
B: we don't need any back seats

Z: twin tips are awesome
>>
B and Z
>>
>>13999548
B and Y is the choice
>>
>>13999548
B and Y. Lightweight, but it wont deafen qt3.14's.
>>
Bemp
>>
Y only juuuuust edged it out. Single tip it is, along with a partial strip.

Gonna have to wait until tomorrow now before I get up the exhaust choice. I thought I had photoshop installed on this PC but it seems I must have never got around to it when I re-installed Windows 7. Fucksake.

Sorry lads.
>>
>>14006164
no probs i can wait
>>
Morning bump
>>
We can wait Mr. Bluebear, don't sweat it. Best thread on /o/ by lightyears
>>
>>14009390

Nah, I think Dew Trail has me beat desu. The man is a machine.
>>
>>14009550
Ye breddy gud but I like you more, I guess it's just a matter of preference haha
>>
File: FB_IMG_1438155278723.jpg (25 KB, 480x455) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1438155278723.jpg
25 KB, 480x455
For fuuucks sake.

Got Photoshop sorted, post all typed up, exhaust choice image all done and looking pretty, and whwn I came to post, 4chan was down.

Waited an hour for it to come back up to no avail, so I decided to go to bed.

Now that I'm all settled in bed and shit, 4chan is back up. So, unfortunately, yet another day of inactivity. I'll get the post up as soon as I get home from work and then at the end of the evening, do another post with whatever answers have been given by that point, if everyone will be ok with that?
>>
>>14012399
Yeah man, I look forward to getting comfy and reading up on previous posts.
>>
Morning bump
>>
Noon bump
>>
>>14015842
What time zone are you in? Its not even close to noon.
>>
>>14016324
It was 11:50am in the UK when he bumped it there. So maybe a European (GMT+1)
>>
>>14016324
Gmt+1, Germany
>>
>>13999548

Partial strip and single-tip chosen!

Flicking through the three pages worth of exhausts, there's several that catch your eye. Getting together a shortlist, you try and settle on a system.

A) Saurus
B) A'pexi
C) 5Zigen
D) Kakimoto
E) HKS

Vote for the letter that you want! For the sake of the story, assume that all systems are full cat-back systems. I can't be arsed translating the full texts to find out either way.
>>
>>14017150
E, of course well go with HKS
>>
>>14017150
are we using the prices in the pic? Do we remember our budget? or has all that shit gone out the window in favor of a streamlined experience.
>>
>>14017310

For this choice, it's gone out of the window a bit to be honest.

I do want to introduce some sort of monetary aspect at some point like I had earlier for buying the car, bumper wheels, but for this it's been very light (just assumed that it'd be affordable just to get the exhaust out of the way)
>>
B, A'pexi.
>>14017278
fite me you cunt
>>
>>14017335
Right then.

A for my 90's Garage Saurus Dreams
>>
>>14017150
My heart says HKS but my dick says A'PEXi.

B it is.
>>
E. I trust HKS as a reputable Japanese brand that has a big part of 90s tuning.
>>
>>14017150
C
>>
>>14017150
I just want to point out that Garage Saurus has a long and storied tradition of making some of the most ridiculously quick drag cars in japan. Yes i know we are not trying for a drag car here but they are known for making really good power
>>
I'll do the update tomorrow instead, give it a bit longer (due to the 4chan downtime).
>>
>>14017425
I actually like apexi as well but hks is the definition of silvia
>>
>>14017150
B for rice points
>>
>>14017150
B. Somehow A'PEXi feels right.

I'd pick Kakimoto for a Skyline or something with a bigger engine...
>>
Noon bump yet again
>>
B
>>
Dis gon b gud
>>
Beeeeaaaaar
>>
Been away from the PC tonight.

Post will be going up when I wake up in the morning.
>>
Bump?
>>
File: 1445545392510.webm (527 KB, 832x720) Image search: [Google]
1445545392510.webm
527 KB, 832x720
What the FUCK is this gay, beta bullshit?
>>
>>14028268
A dramatized version of your life.
>>
>>14028268

Thanks for the webm m9.

>>14017150

A clear winner in the A'pexi.

"Alright. I think I know what I want."

Sato looks up at you with interest, before getting up from his desk and walking round to you. Looking down at the magazine, he sees what you're pointing at.

"Ah, the A'pexi Sports Megaphone? Okay, I'll get that on order for you. And do you want any weight reduction doing?"

"Yeah, the partial strip. Full was tempting but... it's still a daily driver."

Sato grins. "Understandable. I've had my fair share of stripped cars and it always amazes me just how louder and harsher they seem. Okay! I'll need your car for a few days. Are you leaving it here tonight or do you want to wait for the weekend?"

"I'll just leave it here. I can always catch the train like I used to before I got it", you reply.

Sato nods. "Okay sure, I'll make a start on stripping it tomorrow. All work should be done by Thursday afternoon, just in time for the weekend."

You grin. "Perfect time to test the changes."

"Are you going to hunt down that Civic then?"

You hand over the keys to Sato. "Maybe."

----

The week soon passed by without event, and by Thursday you were looking forward to not have to be pressed into people on the morning trains to work. Walking to Sato's garage after work, you're greeted by the familiar sight of a red MR2 parked outside. Making your way into the garage, you see Ueda and Sato talking next to your Silvia, both of them giving you a wave as you duck under the shutters.

"Sato-san!" said Ueda. "How are you?"

"Good, good", you reply. "I've come to pick up the Silvia. Did you run into any issues, Sato-san?"

"None at all", Sato replied. "I've kept all of your old interior though, it's in a storage area. Just in case you wanted it in the future."

"Thank you Sato-san, I appreciate that."

----
>>
>>14030423

After paying for the work and receiving your car keys, you walk over to the Silvia. Getting in, you look behind yourself. Everything behind the B pillar was essentially gone, leaving you to see into the boot area. Even the carpet in the boot was gone, dark blue painted metal in its place. You note that Sato had left the spare wheel in however. Probably for the best.

Turning back, you put the keys into the ignition, a brief moment of anticipation before you fire up the engine. Instantly, you can tell the sound is different; a very definite burble was there now. Grinning, you rev the car as you move it out of the garage. Definitely different, a bit more raw.

Seeing Ueda parked outside the garage, sat in the drivers seat with the door open, you roll up to him.

"Arikawa-san! It sounds good!" he exclaims, sitting up straight. "Are you going to give it a test tonight?" he asks.

As much as you'd like to, it was a Thursday. It wouldn't do well if you were late again in the morning in the same week. Then again, you could just avoid racing.

Wat do /o/?

A) Go out on the C1 and give the car a bit of a shakedown
B) Save any testing for tomorrow night (Friday)
>>
Shake, shake, shake it up!
>>
A

You can't not get on it some after an upgrade like an exhaust.
>>
A. Just don't stay out too late again or you'll never be able to afford anything
>>
>>14030433

B)

pls arikawa, think about your job

just drive home in 1st and 2nd only
>>
>>14030994
this
i vote B
>>
>>14030994
This. B
>>
please let him get keked by a huge black man in the back of a nissan homy and he is just sitting in the corner playing with himself while his girlfriend fucks a big black cock
>>
bump
>>
It's Mid Night
>>
>>14033739
where did you find that? I cant find any pictures of the cars.
>>
B)

gotta pay off them mods
>>
A: we actually don't HAVE to race anyone we could just do a loop or 2
>>
A! Nigga needs to spend some brotime with his new bro
>>
I say B, what's one day to wait with the risk of Arikawa losing his job
>>
>>14033983
http://definemotorsports.tumblr.com/archive
>>
>>14036949
My dick has surpassed diamonds
>>
It's a tie at the moment.
>>
>>14038557
Haha not anymore, here to save Arikawa's ass. B
>>
>>14038557
Go sleep
>>
>>14030433

B won. Pretty short post tonight I'm afraid; there'll be plenty more tomorrow. I just wanted to get the vote finished so I'd know which events were happening.

"After what happened last time you got me out on the Loop on a worknight?" you say with a grin. "I'd like to, but I don't trust myself. I'll just settle for driving home with the window down."

"Alright, no problem. Meet here tomorrow evening? I'll see if some of the others want to join us as well."

"Yes, of course. Are you going onto the Loop tonight then?"

Ueda shrugs. "I guess. I want to see if I can find that red Civic that you talked about beating. I figure that if I start racing, I've got to start somewhere."

You nod. "I think he was called... Sasaki? You should be fine with him. Anyway, I'll get going now. Stay safe okay Ueda-san?"

"No need to worry about me, I've had my fair share of racing before remember. Just not on the C1." He waves a hand at you. "I'll catch you tomorrow!"

----
>>
Oh noes, Ueda's gonna crash. It's all your fault >>14038577
>>
Nice, I like how things are going. Building up the excitement, too.

>>14030423
>"Sato-san!" said Ueda. "How are you?"
I think it should be Arikawa...?
>>
>>14039195
He won't crash, Ueda is a good driver
>>
>>14039195
Nah, I'm not *that* heartless.

...or am I? *Dun Dun Duuunnn*

>>14039266
Oh fug lol, cheers for pointing that out. What a cock-up. I'll have to remember to change it in the text file archive on my PC.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1430216096472.jpg (65 KB, 658x528) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1430216096472.jpg
65 KB, 658x528
Also, some pointers please.

Reading back through some of my posts is awful. Everyone seems to nod, shrug or grin when they speak to each other.
>>
>>14039314
Sounds like an /o/ meet to me.
>>
>>14039286
No problem, m8.

>>14039314
I was thinking that maybe the closest guys (e.g. Sato and Arikawa) could stop saying -san to each other since they already know somewhat well. Maybe throw in a personal story in between!
>See that wheel over there? It's the only part I could rescue of my old Lancer after that big accident...
>A friend haunts me at night... he died 6 years ago on the C1. Beat him in a ghost race at 3:33 am and he will stop harassing me at night! I'll give you a discount on turbochargers!

As for reactions, maybe they need more emotions and bold personalities. Say, a guy that loves to speak with hand gestures and talks too loud, or maybe add some details such as "he agreed visibly angered, clenching his right fist and with a killer look in his eyes". Body language mainly, crossing arms, looking to the ground, kicking something, stretching while waiting for something or right before going away, touching one's beard, etc.

They may be Japanese (robots), but they still have emotions!
>>
>>14041367
Yeah, there's definately a few characters in with different personalities in already (Ogawa is pretty flippant and laidback, Yokota is pretty perky, Silvia guys are more focused etc)
>>
>>14041367
Also, it's only been about a month, give or take, since Arikawa got his car. Surely they wouldn't be at a stage of first names by now? I have Ogawa and Sato doing so, but they've known each other for years.
>>
Notha bump
>>
File: p7-5.jpg (77 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
p7-5.jpg
77 KB, 800x533
is there a collection of the photos from these threads? seems to be lots of 90s japan stuff I'm interested in
>>
Notha notha bump
>>
>>14038691

The weekend was nearly here. Friday after work, you end up at Sato's, now quickly becoming a de facto meet up location. Getting out of your car, you see Saito and Yokota.

"Hey there Arikawa-san!" Saito calls out. Giving the both of them a wave, you walk over to them, noticing that Saito's Trueno was tucked away at the side of the garage.

"Is it going in for some work, Saito-san?" you ask him. He grimaces. "Unfortunately yes. I think one of the shock absorbers is leaking, so I want Sato-san to take a look at it before it gets any worse." He glances over at it, before turning back with a nonplussed expression on his face. "Not much I can do about it. I'll be back in a few minutes, I need to chat to him."

Turning to Yokota as Saito leave, you notice her clothes. "A JR uniform?" you ask.
"Sure! I work in Shinagawa station, busy busy!" she laughs. "I work in customer relations!"
"Close to the Loop then!"
"Very!" She grins at you, before a thoughtful expression appears on her face. "Arikawa-san..? Speaking of the Loop... do you think I could race you? Tonight?"
Slightly taken aback, your surprised look must have been obvious, with Yokota immediately apologising and looking flustered.
"I'm sorry Arikawa-san, I don't really know you! I shouldn't have asked."
"No, it's fine. I just didn't think you raced, that's all."
"I.. I don't I guess. One or two times with Saito-san, but I think he was going easy."
"Well, yes, sure. I'd be happy to race you", you tell her.
"Thank you Arikawa-san!!" she exclaims, giving you an enthusiastic bow. "I don't think Saito should be much longer, so I'll wait in my car."

Watching her practically skip to her Glanza, your attention is diverted by the sound of an exhaust. Ueda drove onto the forecourt, his eyes scanning round. Seeing you, he pulls up next to you and puts down the driver's window.
>>
>>14045724

"Hey Ueda-san! Did you find that Civic last night?" you enquire.
He shakes his head. "Not the red Civic no, but... you'll like this... on the way home I noticed a certain yellow Civic outside one of those American burger joints. I passed it again tonight, and it was still there! It's perfect! You've just done your upgrades; when better to challenge her!?

You glance over to Yokota.

Which girl are you gonna chase tonight /o/?
A) Yokota - Silver Glanza V
B) Nagata - Yellow EF Civic
>>
>>14045729
As much as I love a Civic I'm gonna have to go with A.
>>
>>14045729

A, asked first
>>
A, don't play hard to get.
>>
>>14045729
Ladies first.

*tips APEX'i*
>>
>>14048058
They're both girls tho.
>>
>>14048271
Shit. A) then, the Glanza.
>>
Go A and possibly get some pussayyy
>>
I was thinking

Didn't Arikawa have any friends prior to getting a car?
>>
A) You just told her you were going to race her, can't back out now
>>
>>14041584
>>14041807

>>14041367
As he said, bold personalities

You've already put some people in a "quiet" state, but there's no reason they can't change as they all warm up to each other

And yes, personal story needs to happen -- some out of car shit
>>
>>14048484
also you should think about giving us some exposition, setting etc

also

B) Nagata - Yellow EF Civic
>>
>>14048484
>>14048457

He had a girlfriend earlier on in the story, but it turned out she was cheating on him because she thought he was in a dead end job.

And yeah, I've a load of shit planned, don't worry. He just needs to get some races under his belt before that happens.

As for friends outside of the car world, I had never actually thought about that. I've been that wrapped up from the beginning concentrating on all the people he'll meet via cars I forgot about people he'd know otherwise. Whoops.
>>
Bumpin
>>
Bump. Will leave voting going for another two hours or so.
>>
A. But not to sex her up afterwards.
FTO girl is best girl
>>
>>14050696
You fucking pussy
>>
>>14050837
>Trucker hat looked at his compatriots with an exasperated stare. "Seriously? Me, again?". Their voice startles you, not sounding like what you expected. It seems that her clothes did a good job of hiding her curves. That is, if she had any. "Fine! But Otomo-san, I'm with these guys. This is a pointless battle. He doesn't even have an uprated exhaust on his Silvia." She sighs. "And he said he was serious...".

Just listen to this bitch.
Yup, I'm clearly a pussy for not wanting to race the civic.

Hikaru is way cuter than the tsun bitch
>>
>>14051022
I meant that for not sexing her up, he said he'd race Yokota no problem in that
>>
No post tonight I'm afraid guys, lost track of time :c
>>
bump from 10
>>
File: IMG_5536.jpg (866 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5536.jpg
866 KB, 1024x682
>>14048804
He could have friends from high school, or some neighbor that he met when they were only kids. Maybe a phone call will wake him up and make him visit a distant friend that lives in other area... where there are more racers.

Family visiting his house/apartment could bring some personal touch to Arikawa's personal life. I'm just thinking out loud...

Maybe an accident at home (e.g. burning his hands with hot instant noodles) could add difficulty as it makes him harder to drive. kek
>>
File: 1350314013713.jpg (141 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1350314013713.jpg
141 KB, 1600x1200
Do we get a christmas special?
>>
File: tumblr_mx8iapoaAY1s3g7yto1_1280.jpg (149 KB, 636x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mx8iapoaAY1s3g7yto1_1280.jpg
149 KB, 636x960
>>14055114
I like your pic. Reminds me of pic related
>>
Bamp
>>
>>14054595
Good ideas to be found here

The friend can also be a weak link to local racers; he could notice arikawa is a Car Man now and be like "there's a local car group here, you should check it out while i go to work" or something, or maybe make the friend a moto racer who knows them

Or here's an interesting premise: arikawa drives his friend's car
>>
>>14055114
Shhhhh!

Thanks for all of the pointers guys, already got a few nice ideas of how I could fill out Arikawa's life outside of rassin'.

>>14045729

Anyway, lets fulfil a little promise we made.

"As much as I'd like to take her down, I'm racing someone else tonight."
Ueda looks at you with a quizzical expression on his face. In response, you nod over towards the silver Toyota hatchback.
"Ohhhh, Yokota-san! Ok then, I'll leave you to your date night!"
You splutter an indignant reply but to no avail; Ueda was already walking back to his car sniggering.

Shaking your head, you wave over to Yokota. With a wave back, she starts to ease her car forwards, pausing to let an out-of-the-loop Saito to get out of the garage and past. Looking at both of your cars, he suddenly realises what was going on and sees Ueda beckoning him over.

Looking over to your right, you see a sihouette framed in the light of the office doorway. Nodding towards him, Sato nods back, raising a drinks can as you move off. Grinning with anticipation, you follow Yokota out onto the road.

----

Red MR2 behind you, you look sideways towards the silver car beside you. There was actually very little you knew about that car. In general, they were supposed to be fairly light, but you're not so sure that Yokota would have asked for a battle if that was her only advantage.

Not dwelling on it too much, you prepare to start the race as both cars swing around to the north, the C1 inner loop making its way towards Ginza.

A flash from behind. It had been decided earlier to let Ueda to do the start. Three beeps sounded in succession, with both cars accelerating from their rolling start on the last. Watching Yokota's car confirmed your suspicions. That acceleration was too much to just be a weight advantage.

Bit of a short post, LOTS more tomorrow.
>>
>>14058200
>Bit of a short post, LOTS more tomorrow.

hell yeah motherfucker
>>
>>14058200
>LOTS more tomorrow
Ohhhhh yeah
>>
BUMP
COME ON BEAR YOU GOT ME ALL EXCITED
>>
Bump 4 later
>>
I'll bump this for you
>>
fugs sake. Post tomorrow. Everything is done after the battle with Yokota, but I got writers block for the actual race. There's only so many ways you can say <x went round the corner>, and I'm worried that I'll start to sound like a broken record.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.