[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First used shitbox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20150716_224223.jpg (75 KB, 474x474) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150716_224223.jpg
75 KB, 474x474
Hi br/o/s

Yuropoor spaniard looking for a first car. Want something fun, realiable, decent (doesnt really matter if its not fuckin amazing) at fuel efficiency, but mostly fun. Budget is 3000€. Has to be a manual. Luxury is also not valued that much, but comfy options earn points.

Maintenance doesnt bother me, been wrenching parents and buddies cars for 4 years, so basic stuff is no issue, but wanna learn more, so i'd like something i can fuck with a little bit more.

So far options come down to:
Citroen Saxo VTS
Honda Civic EK3 (That's what they are labeled as here at least)
BMW E36 (Billions of them in my price range here, tho i dunno which models and trims i should stay away from)
BMW E39 (Same as in E36)
Renault Clio
Ford Focus (Modern fiestas are out of my range and i like the round-ish looks of the old focus)
Mazda 323 but mlst of them are beat to shit
Volkswagen Golf Mark I-IV GTI
Audi A3

Any more options are welcome, i discarded the Seat Ibiza because every single 20 y/o fuccboi in here drives one.
>>
Given your list of shit, an E39 would be ideal. Something like a 525i would be decently fast, fun, and the E39 is king of comfy. The age of most E39s right now means they all need a few little things done (fuel pump, window regulators, etc.) as well as regular maintenance type stuff (cleaning the idle control valve, cleaning/replacing the MAF, fuel filter, etc.) and there are some more involved but still easy things you could do (VANOS seals rebuild).
The only issue is I have no idea what the European market is like on these. I know here 3300 USD would make it difficult to find a model that hasn't been niggered to hell, something closer to $4k USD would make a huge difference.
Second choice would be the civic. It's a fucking civic, it speaks for itself. you can take a shit in a cylinder and it'll keep running. Ass interiors though.
>>
>>14006679
Get a cheap CRX to learn manual and daily drive.
>>
>>14007897
I second this. If you want pure reliability, get the Civic. But you'll be missing out over the E39. It's hard to describe, but the E39 is just better at doing car shit than the civic. It has little features (automatic windows, amazing air conditioning, xenon headlamps, comfortable seats, etc.) that make driving it really pleasureable.
>>
>>14008284
He had to drive a manual to pass the test. That's the way it is in Europe.

If he had used an automatic, he would not be allowed to drive manuals.
>>
>>14007897
Yeah spain is pretty shit when it comes to kinda fun first cars, isnt the E39 kind of expensive to get replacements for? How bout fuel efficiency?
>>
>>14006679
A car costing 3000 is not a shitbox to me also, you're wealthy as fuck for a spaniard, I guess you're from the upper class ?
>>
Renault Twingo 1.4 Turbo Swapped
Volkswagen a shit
Focuses tend to rust
Civic is reliable
Most E36s are probably beat to shit but if you can find a good one it's gonna be great
A3 is okay
>>
>>14006679

Renault 4. Meets all your criteria. Can be driven anywhere flat out, not limited to roads. Also, you can then give zero fucks about denting it.
>>
>>14009241
Nah m8, dad has a merc tho, but he wont give me any monies, which is perfectly fine. Earned that money working part time for the last 2 years. I just dont go on spending sprees and save a lot.
>>14009301
Find it pretty disgusting, also, no examples of decent ones as of now
>>
>>14009196
Fuel efficiency is bretty good. My 530i gets about 32 highway, a 525 would be even better.
Parts are not as expensive as everyone makes them out to be. They're about equal to a japanese car from the same year unless you're looking at all OEM parts. There are only a few parts I'd actually recommend going OEM for (anything that has "sensor" in its name) but everything else you can go aftermarket and the cost is the same.
>>
>>14006679
I don't know what insurance looks like in Spain, but if this were England I'd say the BMWs, the Saxo VTS and the Gtis are all pretty unrealistic for a first car unless you're, like, 21.

Situation might be different where you are, though.
>>
>>14010052
Noted, thanks for the info m8, might look more deeply into these model and trims in particular.
>>14010228
20 y/o with a 1 year old license, no incidents, so not expensive for whats called here "terceros" which covers basic stuff. Mom offered to post herself as a daily driver and sign me as an occasional driver, something that can be done here, dunno about other countries, thus reducing the cost to about 600-1k a year (obviously me paying the bill).
>>
>>14010594
Sounds like you're on top of it, then.

You get a lot of 17yo Brits who've just got their provisional coming on here all like "I'm too special to get a 1.4 supermini, what should I buy?" and then /o/, which is a mix of trolls and Americans, tells them to get something completely unrealistic.
>>
>>14010713
Ford ka is the perfect car for the first year of driving
-cheap af insurance
-fun like a big go-kart
-incredibly cheap
-only real issue is rust
>>
>>14010713
Yeah well, i dont ask for that much. Been driving moms 2014 Yaris 70 which is ridiculously slow, and handles a bit like a boat, but im happy it takes me wherever i need. Now that i got enough money to have something decent to call mine, i want something i can have fun with but being reasonable on pricing and maintenance costs including gas.
>>14011458
Agree, but after driving my aunts Ka i found its superfuckin small, i mean im 1'85 and i barely fit into it, dad is 1'90 so he almost doesnt even fit.
Also, been told by a mechanic (family friend) to stay away from them, altho he didnt tell me exactly why, i should go back and ask him a bit more
>>
Is a 1997 BMW 320i with 100,000k a good first car?
>>
>>14012649
Itll probably blow up, goes slow and makes you look like an immigrant.

9/10 first car, offer them 2k at most.
>>
Why e39 over e36?
>>
>>14015250
Better interior, better engine, better overall car. The e36 might fit more within OPs price range though and should be considered.
>>
>>14016623
>>14015250
E36's main draw is the fact that it wasn't made with space magic and most stuff is still analog, therefore fixable by monkeys with duct-tape and access to youtube. E39 is more comfy, but it's fucking huge and honestly a 316i or 318i is perfect for first car before the insurance gets cheaper.

I bought a 316i and my monthly insurance was literally a third of the car's price
>>
>>14018071
yearly* what the fuck
>>
>>14010713
>tells them to get something completely unrealistic
Don't listen to this fag, get a 750i, you can't go wrong there, it's perfect for a beginner in Western Europe! Cheap on maintanance and great fuel economy!
>>
>>14018071
Thats why i looked up for them too, E39s seem "too good". Plus, im decent at wrenching, not amazing by any means, i wouldnt wanna fuck up anything too expensive because i dont know how to do certain stuff and theres not that many info out there.

Shit, i thought i wasnt that picky about my first car but damn i sound like a fuckin moron about it
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 600x399
>>14006679
5th generation Toyota Celica. Thinking about buying one over there.

>the Sainz rally meme is strong in me

Pero te recomiendo el Celica tio. Menudo coche. Es económico y hermoso.

Sincerely, some anon from Spain living in Burgerland
>>
>>14018182
Fuck yeah i love that thing, but cant afford one, at least not one that's not riced to oblivion or beat to hell and back. Decent ones starting at 4-5k.
Plus, not sure insurance wont fuck me over it being "race car qualified".
>>
>>14018239
2.0 3sge is unkillable. Get the FWD one, insurance wont rape you :-)
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.