[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /o/ think of the Acura ILX?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: ilx.jpg (284 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
ilx.jpg
284 KB, 1600x1200
What does /o/ think of the Acura ILX?
>>
>>13959264
I confess, I don't really think about it. I believe I had a few thoughts about it back in 2009.
>>
>>13959264
literally a civic for those who dont want to be seen in a civic. still a decent car though
>>
I got one. I like it. It's not really a Civic (although the 2016 Civic gets a hell of a lot closer to the ILX than the 2015 model did).

Main advantage is they threw the TLX engine in the 2016 ILX because of how fucking awful the older ILX engine was.

It's got a decent value/price ratio. You're kidding yourself if you think it's anything other than entry-level luxury but for the price compared to other entrants you get a hell of a lot (a similarly spec'd A3 would be ~38k).

Pros:
* Good enough engine
* Reliable as fuck
* Nice safety features if you're into that
* You can make fun of Tesla fanboys because you have pretty much the same autopilot features they do for $50k less
* Decent interior
* Honestly doesn't look all that much like a civic (I've had them side by side, there are pretty big differences in the body)
* Pretty good handling
* Surprisingly nice sound system (if you get the tech package)
* Price

Drawbacks:
* Premium only because muh compression ratio
* Split screen navigation/control screens takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it is actually kind of nice
* Some of the interior parts were clearly taken from the Civic
* No brake hold
* FWD only
* If you care, automatic only
>>
i miss the tsx, euro spec accord was handsome as fuck
>>
File: jasmine2.jpg (93 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
jasmine2.jpg
93 KB, 960x540
>>13959264
sick fuckin car bro
pic related my custom ilx
>>
>>13959264
Will we ever get another Integra?
>>
>>13959464
Damn shame they got rid of the manuals.
At least it's a DCT, right? Some funky setup that uses a torque converter as well for smooth crawling
>>
File: 28379263287623.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
28379263287623.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>13959855

>custom
>>
File: Acura_Integra_sedan.jpg (142 KB, 1914x996) Image search: [Google]
Acura_Integra_sedan.jpg
142 KB, 1914x996
>>13959858
Considering the Integra was always based on the Civic, it could be argued the new ILX is the new Integra. And before you throw a hissy fit about it, all Integra's bar the DC5 generation, were available as 4 door sedans.

>>13959865
Correct. While I generally hate automatics, I do like a well-designed DCT, which the ILX has

Ironically, the biggest competitor to the ILX is GM's own Buick Verano, which is available with a 2.0L Turbo, and an optional 6 speed manual.
>>
File: 1999_intregra_1.jpg (97 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1999_intregra_1.jpg
97 KB, 1600x1200
>>13959878
>And before you throw a hissy fit about it, all Integra's bar the DC5 generation, were available as 4 door sedans.
Hell, the Integra SJ (pictured) was LITERALLY a Civic sedan with a facelift.
>>
>>13959878
>and an optional 6 speed manual.

Going to be tossed out in the second generation of the Verano, though.
>>
>>13959938
While that does seem to be a trend, I have a hard time believing that's what will happen. Buick has almost 25 years between available manual transmission cars. The Regal brought manuals back to Buick in 2011. Before that, the last time a Buick was available with a manual was the 1989 Buick Skyhawk. While possible, I don't think Buick is ready to give up on manuals just yet.
>>
>>13959264
I don't.
>>
>>13959960
>While that does seem to be a trend, I have a hard time believing that's what will happen

I'm just going by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_Verano#Second_generation_.282017.E2.80.93.29

According to that the transmission options are going to be a 6 or 8-speed regular auto or a 7-speed DCT.
>>
4 cylinder fwd luxury car? With no turbo or electric motors? Get an accord v6 with the options you want or a lexus
>>
>>13960003
Audi does it just fine
>>
>>13960025
No they don't because they are all turbo charged and all wheel drive. BIG difference.
>>
>>13960038
Well, except for the ones that aren't.
>>
>>13960048
which one? The ones that were fwd were at least turbocharged
>>
>>13960051
>1.8L turbocharged 4 pot
>makes 170bhp
>>
>Audi
>longitudinal front engine front wheel drive
>>
>>13960066
I never looked in the engine bay of a FWD only Audi. I've only seen very few of them anyway.
>>
File: tegvsteg.jpg (143 KB, 799x531) Image search: [Google]
tegvsteg.jpg
143 KB, 799x531
>>13959264
>not a RSX
>not an Integra
>not a legend(coop)
>not a NSX

fuck modern day acura
>>
>>13959264
Underrated. People say it's overpriced but when it comes down to it, it's a fantastic value. It's reliable, and unlike most non-Acura Honda products, is comfortable. It's FWD and the interior isn't as nice as it's German counterparts but the price difference makes up for it. I have very high hopes for the next generation of it. I expect it will be based on the new Civic, offer a turbo and probably have an AWD variant as that seems to be the direction Acura is moving in. They need to move more upmarket as upper trim level Hondas are starting to hit the entry level premium level of tech.
>>
>>13959264
Just get a fucking Mazda 3.
>>
>>13959994
Whoever wrote that has no clue about technical details GM does not, never has, and never will have a 270 HP 1.5L. It's a 270 HP variant of the current -unrelated- 2.0L Turbo. The aftermarket support for the 1.4L and 1.5L Turbo hasnt been able to get more than 200 HP out of those engines due to head flow restrictions.
>>
>>13960280
Yeah, this is going to be a big problem for Acura. Honda is cannibalizing a lot of their tech and some of their trims. I think they need to differentiate on engines and, like you said, AWD. They already differentiate on handling. An ILX handles very differently than a Civic and a TLX feels pretty different from an Accord.
>>
>>13959264
>top trim civic, costs extra money for no reason looks like a corolla (looks ugly too)
Why does this car exist? Who is supposed to buy it
>>
>>13959464

>Premium

Implying the ICU won't automatically retard the timing if you're not running premium. Worst thing that will happen is that you'll lose 10 hp.
>>
>>13960280
>>13960973
>their tech
>their trims
Stupid people, everyone. The planet is loaded with 'em.
>>
>>13961045
You can probably get away with mid just fine (and lose a little hp like you said). Regular is straying into knocking territory.
>>
>>13962130
This is why i spend the extra 10 or so cents and put premium instead.
>>
>>13959264
I have a 15 TLX and i think the interior in the ILX is ok as it feels a little civic-y. I personally would look at the 16 civics as they have so much shit in there and car play/android auto which i wish i had. I'm sure the ILX drives better, but I'd at least test drive the civic as well.
>>
>>13959264
Not worth the money when you can get a well equipped Honda for the price.
>>
>>13964395
The new Civics are now approaching Acura. A fully equipped Civic is now $28k (you'd have to add on the wheels to make it comparable). You can get a loaded ILX for $32k.

Benefits of the Acura:
-Nicer interior (not by much, but a little)
-Better engine (30 more hp and it has a torque converter so you don't get the twitchy low gear shift that Civics can have)
-Slightly better safety features
-Better suspension and handling
-Better screens (IMO, this one is contentious)

Benefits of Civic:
-Better fuel economy
-Brake hold
-Apparently remote engine start is now included on the top end models
-Better OS options (Google and Apple's car thingies)

I'll admit they're way, way closer than they used to be. The real question is it worth $4k to get a better driving car. The rest is mostly a wash.
>>
>>13964553
Other thing I'd point out is the ILX is now pretty much a year old. Will be interesting to see how the 2017 ILX compares to the 2016 Civic, because the new Civic took a lot from the 2016 ILX
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.