[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm looking to buy a bike. I'm living in Thailand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 537x274) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20 KB, 537x274
So I'm looking to buy a bike. I'm living in Thailand and these 3 are in my price range (the CBR being slightly more expensive). It'll be my daily commuter and will be driven mainly to and from work (mainly city driving). Some times I'll have my wife and newborn with me (we have access to her families truck so it won't be often but I will have to bring the baby to her grandma's before work once she is able to return to work which is only a 7 minute drive).

We were originally looking at just getting a scooter (Click 125) but figured I'd rather get something I'll actually enjoy riding every day.

Anyone opinions on these bikes? I'm also considering the Z250/300 and possibly the CBR500F due to the less aggressive stance which would make it easier to carry a child on the bike.

If anyone has any experience with any of these bikes their input would be appreciated (I've owned a Ninja 250R and a GSXR1000 in the past).

Note: Before anyone starts making comments about driving a bike with a child, don't. In Thailand it's not rare to see a family of 5 riding a 115 scooter. A car just isn't practical to me due to the traffic here. It would take me an extra 30 minutes each way to go to work.
>>
Oh and I'm 5'11" 230lb and my wife is 5'1" 100lb. She might drive it the odd time but we aren't worried if it ends up being to big for her.
>>
Get a naked bike, or at least a sport without clip-on (with normal handlebar).

New 250-300s "supersport" looking bikes are terrible for riding in the city. 300-500 naked bikes on the other hands are great and comfy to ride in the town/tight turns and they are also a lot of fun if you wanna go on the toegay.
>>
>>13936722
My 2012 Ninja 250R worked for me fine while riding around Chiang Mai for 6 months. Their traffic is about as bad as where I'm living now (Hat Yai), it's why I was considering the R3 and Ninja 300R.

I've seen quite a few of the Z300's running around here and I like them (I've also got about 1000kms on a Z800). I just love the supersport styling which is why I'm interested in them the most. But I'll definitely give the CB300F and Z300 a check.

I'm still leaning toward the CBR500R though. It's got good power for when we decide to go on longer trips (being a 3-5 hour ride from some of the most beautiful islands and beaches in the world will lead to a lot of long weekends).
>>
>>13936678

thailand is my favorite 3rd world country. i love eating really good thai food.

i plan to do a motorcycle tour of thailand.

that said i recommend you get what's in ur pic. that is luxurious in thailand.

hopefully when i come to thailand we can meet up and fondle some trannies and drink coconut milk. kick some banana trees and watch muay thai kickboxing and make some bets.

i love thai girls, there's some cuties at the thai restaurant i go to.

you should learn muay thai kickboxing too.

peace brother. i love your country
>>
>>13936785
I actually trained in Chiang Mai for 6 months and fought twice there (2-0 1 Ko and 1 on points). Sadly there isn't many options for muay thai in Hat Yai, it's just a big city and has none of the charm that places like Chiang Mai has. My wife's family lives here and it's dirt cheap for me so that's why I decided to move here. Plus I was able to get a teaching job relatively near by.

Travelled here 3 times in 2 years (totalling about 15 months) and fell in love with the country. Plus I found myself a really cute "good girl" virgin who not only makes more money than I do (from s really good family) but also worships me. I love Thai girls as well but didn't really want to date them because of all the stories you here but I managed to get lucky.

I'm Canadian as well.
>>
>>13936785
Also if you have any questions about motorcycling touring around Thailand feel free to ask. I've driven a large portion of central and northern Thailand and a little bit of the south.
>>
>>13936803
wow thats awesome. i'm trully jealous. that you did muay thai and have a qt thai wife.

i do cringe whenever i see a baby on a motorcycle in those countries. i know its culture and necessity, but still.
>>
>>13936812

was thinking of doing the golden triangle route:
http://www.thaimotorcycletouring.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=6&Itemid=42
>>
>>13936842
I haven't done the whole loop but I've done multiple parts of it. I really suggest doing the Mae Hong Son one. I've done it twice. Once just the normal loop and once backwards while cutting through Doi Inathon.

Both ways is a really fun ride but the detour one was even better. It's the highest elevation in Thailand and is really scenic. There is some pretty bad road in a few spots but it's fine if you take your time through that section. We actually had to stop because of rain and fog making it to hard to see in the dark, we ended up staying in a little Mountain village and one family put my friend and I up for the night. None of them spoke a word of English and refused to let us pay them for anything (including the food they fed us). I ended up rising back from Pai to Chiang Mai in 85 minutes (it usually takes 3 hours). I was being stupid but it was fucking exhilarating. It has lmost 800 curves, turns and bends and I was averaging 170kmh on a Z800 most of the way.
>>
>>13936873

that's great - thanks for the description.

i'll look into the other one. i enjoy riding, but i also do want to stop at places and drink it in. def want to go to chiang mai
>>
>>13936803
so you actually found a white wife in thailand? wow. sounds like paradise then.
>>
Yea I definitely recommend Chiang Mai. It's easily my favourite place in Asia. I went there with intentions of staying a couple weeks and ended up staying just over 6 months.

I also really suggest Pai which is part of that loop. It's a very scenic hippie town. Weed everywhere (Thai weed kinda sucks though) and it's really laid back with some good night life. Easily a place you can find yourself losing a few days or week in.
>>
>>13936678
>Buy bike
>go to Thailand
>Get it stolen
great plan
>>
>>13936922
Lol no. She's Thai. She's just from an upper middle class family and is the elusive good girl which is nearly impossible to find in Thailand nowadays (especially for a foreigner). A lot of Thai girls are whores and only date you for your money, I just got lucky with my girl. When we were dating she paid her own way for everything, most Thais expect the guy to pay for everything. Her family is awesome as well (except her father but he has never really been in her life anyways).
>>
>>13936927
I literally left my Ninja around the bar areas over night multiple times without a bike lock and never had a problem.

The bike will be parked in a oozed garage over night, a school with security during the day and with a wheel lock and alarm anywhere else. I'm not worried about it getting stolen.
>>
>>13936933
>only date you for your money

if they are hot, i am ok with this
>>
>>13936990
Then enjoy the copious amount of pussy that'll be thrown your way (especially if you're a decent looking white guy under 40). Just don't expect her to be loyal. Go spend a week in Bangkok, Phuket or Pattaya and you'll have a girl who's model quality in no time (they're in Chiang Mai as well just not nearly the amount of hotties that the other 3 cities have).
>>
>>13937013
thats too bad. i was turning 40 in feb and doing the trip to celebrate my demise.
>>
>>13937035
You'll still get it no problems, they just flock to younger guys (and charge less). I've seen 60+ year old fat guys with 20 year old hotties.

If you want to go somewhere just for pussy, I'd suggest s quick detour to Angeles City in the Philippines for a few days. The girls are hot as fuck, charge next to nothing and if you pretend that you'll marry them one day and bring them to the west they'll do whatever you want. Plus they speak English really well which your typical Thai bar girl doesn't.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.