[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ループモンスター!! [LOOP MONSTER] Thread 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 13
File: Loop Monster title image copy.png (394 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Loop Monster title image copy.png
394 KB, 600x600
Thread 1: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/10360641/
Thread 2: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/10421715/
Thread 3: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/10549970/
Thread 4: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/10587471/
Thread 5: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/10803490/
Thread 6: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/10921394/
Thread 7: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/12110495/
Thread 8: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/12858722/
Thread 9: http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/13670232/

Cast: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dix7Qh7TXkHUnFvhk3SFD4cmNkJlXdcUDX9Wjt0mnxs/pub

Junkyard Monster (first CY/o/A I did): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ov7esDcK7ZnRPaW-z1eWfvabED2L9G6FZUgqpA6T028/pub

----

Apologies for the two week long break guys, the first week I was full of cold and just generally didn't want to do anything once home from work. And the last week... well. That Boston Wasteland kept on calling.

Anyway, at the end of the last thread, we had the choice of hitting the roads late on a Monday night with Ueda and his new SW20, or not bothering as you had work the next day.

Of course, you all chose to play out. B chosen!

"Eh... I can stay out for another hour yet I guess. Where were you thinking of going?", you ask Ueda.

He shrugs. "I was thinking about Shiodome PA as normal. It should be a decent shakedown run for the MR2 to drive there."

"Ok!", you agree, getting into your Silvia. Hopefully he takes it easy tonight; certainly easier than you did in your Silvia on the first night of driving it.

You both set off. Following Ueda and making your way through the streets to get to Route 3, you notice something about the back of his car. Putting down the window, what you hear confirms your suspicions. Ueda certainly wasn't joking when he said he likes to add mods to a car pre-emptively. It certainly didn't sound like a standard exhaust at least; Sato must have fitted it to it on his request before handing it over.
>>
>>13869433

Once on the expressway leading to the C1 loop, Ueda dropped behind you, weaving around. His meaning was obvious. With a grin, you apply full throttle, the red MR3 receeding slightly in your rear view mirror until he also started to accelerate. From that point onwards, there didn't seem to be much change. 'Our two cars must be fairly evenly balanced.', you think.

Going at the pace you were, it wasn't long before you reached the turn-off for Shiodome. Back on street level, you both eventually pull into the parking area. Parking in an empty spot, Ueda pulls in next to you, smile on his face. Putting his window down, he calls through across the cars.

"Uwahhh, that was pretty good! I like this car!", he exclaimed. "And we're pretty well matched, eh, Arikawa-san?"
"Very well matched, yes. But hey, what's with your exhaust! You never told me about that!"
Ueda laughs. "You noticed that? It was no big deal, Sato managed to source it for relatively cheap. I just wanted something a bit better sounding. I don't think it did that much for power."
"Bet you won't remove it to test that theory though!", you reply with a grin. Looking in your driver's side mirror, you see a few cars parked on the other side of the PA. "Hey, there's other drivers here. Want to talk to them?"
Ueda got out of his car, looking back at them. "Yeah, we might as well. They look like Hondas though."
"I've met one of those before.", you say, thinking of the red Civic you battled a week or so ago. "Might be the same guys."
"It's up to you Arikawa-san, it's your bedtime at risk after all!", he said with a smirk. "We could go back out again if you wanted?"

wat do /o/?

A) check dem honda fuccbois out
B) its real racer hours all u loopers smash dat fuggen C1 up
>>
File: Capture.png (62 KB, 320x325) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
62 KB, 320x325
>>13869433
also dubs yo.
>>
Accept Shingo's duct tape death match.
>>
>>13869437
a

get to know the honda men
>>
File: IMG_6621.jpg (694 KB, 1024x686) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6621.jpg
694 KB, 1024x686
>>13869437
A. Given the year/time, I'd like to see some nice B-series cars, including a Honda CR-V, which would've been brand new at the time
>>
File: wondercivicsi-1.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
wondercivicsi-1.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
>>13869437
a) You're already there. Rev up those VTECs.
>>
File: honda_ra301.jpg (495 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
honda_ra301.jpg
495 KB, 1024x768
A cause race car
>>
>>13869437
A!
>>
>>13869437
>With a grin, you apply full throttle, the red MR3 receeding slightly in your rear view mirror until he also started to accelerate

The fuck is an MR3?
>>
>>13871599
I think he mistyped. Should say MR2
>>
File: wharp_racing_ef.jpg (90 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
wharp_racing_ef.jpg
90 KB, 800x600
A so hard
>>
>>13871599

MR3 because we future now.
>>
>>13872159
>story set in 1997
>We future now
pick one.
>>
>>13872260

Still 1997; I was just trying to be funny :c
>>
File: I don't like fun.jpg (41 KB, 698x532) Image search: [Google]
I don't like fun.jpg
41 KB, 698x532
>>13872269
>>
>>13872288

Oh god I don't deserve Daria reaction pics do I?
>>
>>13872322
trying to make it a thing. My favorite show ever.
>>
Quick bump. Post 2nite
>>
>>13874514
Good. Fuck sleep, race cars!
>>
Uhhhhhhhhh.

Post tomorrow :c

I got carried away with writing down conversation ideas and scenes for later on in the story, completely forgot about the time.

Sorry lads.
>>
Morning bump back from the brink.
>>
Where's muh Silvia vs Honduh battles?!
>>
>>13879312

Chill bruh, just got home from work.
>>
>>13879645
>bluebear wants to chill with you
P-p-p-please be gentle senpai
>>
This gon b gud
>>
Bamp. Post in 10 mins or so.
>>
>>13881484
2 minutes
>>
Blue is a tease
>>
>>13869437

A chosen. Let's go and speak to those guys.

"We may as well go and talk to them. If we end up racing them in the future, it wouldn't harm getting an idea of who they are.", you say.
"Getting serious now, Arikawa-san?"
You laugh. "Maybe!"

Close enough now to see the cars properly, you don't see the red EG there. However, the white older shape Civic you had seen with him that night was there, along with a few others of a different but still boxy shape. What truly set the others apart from the white one however, was the lairy colour schemes and an altogether 'used' look about them.

A small huddle of what you assumed to be the owners were stood around one of the cars, bonnet up, and one of the men pushing something down, revs rising and dropping as he did so.

You hear a snippit of conversation. "...I told you, it was no good running with those ignition leads." A gesture of a head, and the speaker breaks off to look behind him at you and Ueda. You vaguely recognise him; he could be the driver of the white third-gen Civic.

Cont. tomorrow, sorry lads. Most of it done and written but I'm having trouble getting to the point of a choice. Will work on it at work tomorrow.

But yes. we kanjo now.
>>
File: received_10153331736734426.jpg (438 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
received_10153331736734426.jpg
438 KB, 2048x1536
To offset my disappointment at not being able to get a full post done however, a mate of mine messaged me. My other HyperRevs have arrived from Japan, so I should have them next week!

The two Supra issues are for myself as I badly want a MkIII, but the Silvia issue (he won two bids for the same issue) I got specifically for Loop Monster purposes. And with that particular issue being sold in 1997, it's a happy coincidence that it's bang on when LM is set.

This should mean that I'll have a much better idea of what parts were out there at the time, and what owners/tuning companies were doing to their Silvias.
>>
>>13882141
So you have an extra Silvia mag? Hook a brother up.
>>
>>13884058
He may well be keeping it back to flog on, not sure.

We're in the UK anyway.
>>
Bampoo
>>
Bampu~

Post soon.
>>
>>13881924

This post is ever so faintly ridiculous, but never mind.

"Ho! You're the one who beat Sasaki!", he says, a stern look on his face.
"Was he the one in the red... EG?", you ask, hoping you got the model code right.
"That's right! I'm Otomo Seiji.", he introduced, with a bow.
"Arikawa Michiro.", you reply, returning the bow.
Ueda followed suit. "Ueda Tetsuo."
Otomo nodded. "The S13 I recognise...". he stated, turning to Ueda. "But the MR2 I do not. Are you new to the Loop?"
"Yes. This is actually my first night driving on it."
"Hm. That's no good, there's no sport in challenging you. Never mind."

Otomo nodded to the three people besides him. "These guys, they're ruthless. Have you ever been chased by a pack of racers, absolutely determined to take you down? I have. I won't subject you to that, not yet." A faint smile on his face, he fixed his gaze on you. "You however... Oh yes. You'll do nicely. You took down Sasaki with ease."

Walking over to the three stickered up cars, he touches each one in turn, pointing at their owners.

"Shima-san!" Stubble, glasses, messy hair, cigarette half hanging out of his mouth. Looks half-asleep. Base colour white with red stripes up the side of his Civic.

"Nagata-san!" Trucker cap, short hair, a little shorter than you. Fierce-cast to their eyes. Base colour yellow, with a single bold white stripe diagonally on the side of their Civic.

"Inoue-san!" Businesslike hair, tall. Calm expression. Base colour blue for the front of their car, with the entire rear half black.

"I won't unleash all three on you, I'm not that cruel. But before I do anything, I have to know this. Are you serious about racing?"
>>
>>13887723

Ever so slightly bewildered, you glance at Ueda. That was no use, he seemed just as taken aback as you were.

It was past 11:30pm now, with work the next day. Would it be worth getting involved now? You hadn't planned on racing but... a part of you wants to completely throw yourself into this world.

Well, /o/? Are you serious?

A) "Yes. Absolutely."
B) "Yes, but I wasn't planning on doing anything tonight."
C) "Not really, it's just a bit of fun."
>>
A, grow some balls Arikawa.
>>
>>13887728
A
>>
File: smokehim.jpg (43 KB, 700x420) Image search: [Google]
smokehim.jpg
43 KB, 700x420
A
>>
>>13887728
C. You've got work in the morning.
>>
>>13887728
B
>>
C. Gotta take it easy and get used to the new car setup. That and you work.
>>
Morning bump
>>
>>13887728
A
>>13888239
Let the learning curve begin.
>>
C, work and new setup, balls ain't gonna do shit if they make you crash
>>
B

I mean, we want to race but like, rearrange it until after we get some more mods done or something. We struggled against the FTO
>>
A A A A A A A!

gotta hurt some hondas
>>
Bloo feeling ill as fuck.

A is locked in either way, Post is mostly done.
>>
Bamp
>>
Just got back from a shit car meet.
Snowing, cold, etc.

Ah well, writing sum dat loop loop now.
>>
>>13887728

A chosen.

Unsure what exactly you were getting into, you go ahead and nod. "Sure, I want to do this."
"Are you sure, Arikawa-san?", Ueda queried, a serious expression on his face for a change. "It's getting late."
"It's only one race.", you reply.

"Ok! So...", says Otomo as he looked over to the three other Civic drivers. "Which of you want to race him?"

A grunt and a shrug from Shima. You took that to be a no.

A snigger from Inoue as he looks at you with a raised eyebrow. "Beating Sasaki-san is hardly anything special. Not worth my time."

Trucker hat looked at his compatriots with an exasperated stare. "Seriously? Me, again?". Their voice startles you, not sounding like what you expected. It seems that her clothes did a good job of hiding her curves. That is, if she had any. "Fine! But Otomo-san, I'm with these guys. This is a pointless battle. He doesn't even have an uprated exhaust on his Silvia." She sighs. "And he said he was serious...".

You can't help but feel a sting upon her saying that. She looks at you with a thoughtful glance. "I'll race, no problem. But I think you'll be disappointed. I could be proven wrong, but...". She shrugs. "We might as well get on with it.", she says, walking to her car.

You nod to no-one in particular before doing the same.
>>
>>13899989

"Hey, Arikawa-san!". Ueda followed you to your car. "Good luck out there alright? Don't let them get to you."
Too late for that; what the girl had said was already rattling around inside your head. She was blunt, certainly, but there was more than a hint of the truth about her words. "Do you think I'm taking this seriously enough?", you ask Ueda. "I mean... she's right. I've got no uprated exhaust, or anything performance-related. Just a bumper and suspension."
"I don't think you're doing badly at all. I mean, you've been racing for a month or so? And the upgrades you have now have been out of necessity. Remember what you said to me last week. You'd prefer to find out where you're lacking first before getting parts. If you lose this race, so be it. Learn what you need to improve on your car and then go again."

You clap Ueda on the shoulder. "Thanks Ueda-san."

"No problem Arikawa-san. You've got the talent. You just need to spend the time on tailoring your tools."
With an appreciative smile, and a nod, you get into your car.
"I'll get home now Arikawa-san! Let me know how it went!"
"I will, don't worry!"

With that, you reverse out of the parking spot and join the waiting Honda.

----

You were back on the C1.

Moving from heading south to heading west, in the clockwise 'Outer' loop the race was well under way.

Watching the Civic jink around occasional traffic, you start to rapidly come to terms with the fact that you may have bitten off more than you could chew.

The fact of the matter was, she was losing you.

Try as you might to keep up, it was clear from the corners in the previous section running through Ginza, the yellow Civic outpaced you coming out of corners, and indeed in keeping speed through a corner. You can only attribute that to the weight difference, despite your power advantage. The all-too-brief straighter sections of the expressway allowed you to rein her in slightly, but the subsequent corners smash all hope of catching up.
>>
>>13899993

You give it a minute more, before sighing and flashing your lights, hoping that the distant yellow blob notices. She does.

Brake lights suddenly flaring bright in the dark, she drops back as you catch up. Even with each other, she puts her window down.

You risk a sidelong glance at her. Ouch. She wasn't pleased.

"Baka! What was the point of racing?" She snorted in derision. "I outclassed you with acceleration, I outclassed you in the corners. The race was over before it even started!"

She shook her head. "Go away. Maybe if you become worthy enough to challenge again, I'll find you. But until then..."

With that statement, a flippant hand wave out of the window, she hammered her car into a low gear, engine screaming off into the distance with the tell-tale VTEC crossover.

Feeling down, you turn for home. She was right, but that doesn't make it feel any better.

Glancing at the dash clock, you groan. It was just coming up to 1am. Oh well. You may be absolutely shattered at work the next day, but hopefully you'll make it to Sato's garage after.

The Silvia needs more changes.

----

The light was all wrong.

Groaning, you open your eyes properly, and look bleary-eyed over to the alarm clock.

What you see shocks you awake. The red digits spell out 9:43.

Cursing, you leap out of bed and quickly shower and get dressed.

----
>>
More tomorrow guys!

I wonder what sort of reception our hero will get from his boss?

Tut tut, shouldn't have stayed out so late...
>>
moar pls blubear
>>
Bampuuu
Put a big ass tarbo in, eat them kusobakas for breakfast. Arakawa must get revenge
>>
Been away from the PC today, still am. As soon as I get home I'll get a post done.
>>
>>13903103
... just strip the damned thing down. Door panels and rear seats are overrated, senpai.
>>
>>13905586
... Why not both?
>>
>>13899993
>>13900009
Nice writing!

Let's see what the boss has to say, lel.

I was wondering. Would you consider adding some "distraction" for Arikawa with random thoughts of his ex-girlfriend? Or is he a tough motherfucker that snorts gasoline?
>>
>>13907693

You mean love interests? Nigga, Arikawa is surrounded.
>>
>>13908706
patiently waiting for a dude to crush on him
>>
>>13908722

"U...ueda-kun... That's not what unnhh... meant by tackling the ring..."
"Shh... Call me Tetsuo." He snickers as he bites your ear playfully. "After all, I think we're... close enough now, don't you Michiro?"
>>
>>13908920
Oh hell no
>>
>>13908920
How do the Japanese decide who's gay?
>>
Still waiting
>>
File: 1341351582921.jpg (6 KB, 190x252) Image search: [Google]
1341351582921.jpg
6 KB, 190x252
Yeah, I've been super busy today I'm afraid. Post tomorrow

>mfw I'm most productive at work, but doing Loop Monster instead of.
>>
>>13906831
Because he broke nigga, he broke!
>>
>>13913012
It's not such an expensive mod though, there's snails everywhere in Japan, you can tarbo your car on a whim over there...
>>
It's tomorrow now
New post please
>>
At work bruv.
>>
File: 1313489510806.jpg (23 KB, 248x350) Image search: [Google]
1313489510806.jpg
23 KB, 248x350
Fuck. I've had to completely scrap tonights post.

It seems the Japs have quite a different work culture when it comes to being late to work. I knew about the whole long working hours thing and the fact that they push company loyalty and shit, but nothing about what happens if an employee is late.

Tits sake.
>>
>>13914512
You can't just bolt a turbo and hope everything works.
>>
Morning bump.
>>
Bumperino
>>
>>13900009

Ok, had to signifcantly rework this post. Did a bit of research into Japanese work culture. especially in the corporate environment, and it's um... quite different to the European or American way of working, which is how I had written it originally. For a start off, in Japan, one's career comes before anything else, whether that be family, friends, hobbies etc. And all of this is instilled from a young age. So, if the company manager has everyone out for drinks after work, then it's usually the case that it's pretty much mandatory in the eyes of many workers, due to having to maintain the 'community' ethic of the workplace. While working hours may be on paper as 9-5, it's very rare for it to be so, with most people working 12-14 hours. Essentially, you leave work after your supervisor leaves work, who may be waiting on *his* supervisor, who may be waiting in turn on *his* supervisor and so on. And being late in Japan is to put yourself on the path to having people constantly look at you with the stinkeye; this means a lot of people turn up to work 30-45 mins earlier. Earlier still if they have a company run activity before they start work for real (fitness classes etc; again, there'd be an 'obligation' to attend these).

It's only just now, post-2010, that things are starting to be considered, with a shift to the European model being looked at. Productivity in Japan is heavily negatively impacted by such a work-centric lifestyle, with many people simply burnt out day-to-day. Hence why you see so many Japanese professionals asleep while commuting. The whole ethos is to *look* like you're busy and contributing, doing all you can, instead of necessarily actually doing so.

"This is unacceptable Arikawa! You have shamed the department with your lateness! And to do this after you were late back from lunch a few weeks ago..."
>>
>>13923159

Obviously seething inside, your department manager fixes you with a beady eye. "You'll be getting docked of course. And since you clearly cannot contribute to the company by coming in on time today, you won't get any assigned tasks today." Sitting down heavily, his chair creaks. Worringly, a small part of your brain wants to make you laugh, but you force it back. This situation was far too serious for that. "I will expect to see you out with us after work tomorrow. Don't you think I haven't noticed you making your excuses. You will participate in this company, whether you like it or not. Now go."

Doing the respectful thing and bowing on your way out of the office, you make your way back to your cubicle, feeling the rest of the departments eyes on you. The manager will probably stay at work later tonight too, just to prove a point.

Sitting down at your desk, you groan inwardly thinking of what he meant by tomorrow night, pretty sure that he was referring the monthly bar visit. Normally, you wouldn't mind drinking, but it was always at a relatively expensive bar and with your own money.

You sigh. It was going to be a long day.

----

Finally trudging out of work, you get into your car and stare at the dashclock. Just coming up to 8:20pm. Just as you expected, your manager stayed back.

Thinking about the previous night, you decide to see if Sato is still at work. You really need some advice on how to make your car more competitive, and if anyone would have a basic idea of where to start, it'd be him.

A short drive later, and you pull up onto the forecourt. Thankfully, there's still lights on. 'Sato-san must still be working late', you think to yourself.

With the main garage shutters dowm, you make your way to the office entrance. Locked. Knocking on the glass, it's not long before a familiar head pokes out of the interior doorway to the garage. A smile of recognition, Sato walks over to the door, key at the ready.
>>
>>13923163

>>13923163

"Arikawa-san!", he says, as he opens the door. "What brings you here?"
"I hope it's not too late Sato-san, my apologies."
"No problems. I'm still working on a project." Motioning to the couch in the waiting area, he indicates for you to sit down as he does the same on a stool. "What did you want to ask?"

"I need to get faster. But how?", you ask.

A smile breaks out on the man's face. "I wondered how long it'd take for you to ask that question. Faster top-speed, or faster acceleration? My guess is the latter."

You nod. "I raced against a Civic last night and lost. They beat me in both handling and acceleration. The current suspension setup is fine, but it's acceleration that I need to improve."

Sato gets up to look at the Silvia parked outside through the door glass. "Well... the cheapest way of gaining acceleration is to get rid of weight. In your case, it'd mean getting rid of rear seats and interior plastic to begin with. Not much of a saving, but it can help. We can take it further and start taking off the sound-deadening on the floorpan, but it depends how much noise you can live with, especially if you daily-drive it."

Right lads, no choice yet. I need to know if you guys want me to go ahead with a Strip/No Strip choice now, OR wait a couple of days (IRL), until I get the Silvia HyperRevs and pick out some exhausts etc to fit at the same time as any prospective stripping. That way we could have a double-barrelled choice (Strip/NoStrip + ExhaustChoice)

If you don't want me to do a choice now, I can just have him hang out with the Toyota guys until I get the mags IRL.
>>
Read the mag.
>>
Im fine with waiting.
>>
We can wait. Quality is what's important
>>
w8 m8. Quality is appreciated.
>>
Quality, based bear
>>
I think the mags will be here by tomorrow anyway, so I'll just wait until then desu.
>>
Bamp
>>
Bamp, again.
>>
At a gig atm. No mags today unfortunately, but I'll do a post when I get back at like 1am ha
>>
>>13932871
It's thanksgiving of course the mail didn't come. Idgaf if you are a britbong your post office celebrates our holiday.
>>
Bamp
>>
>>
Quick bunp from me. Missed the mag delivery this morning so I'l have to pick them up tomorrow. I'll get a post up after work tonight.

Also, >>13933780, what are you on? Why would Royal Mail shut down for Thanksgiving? We're not the ones who handed out smallpox.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.