[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Waze vs Google maps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: mzl.ixrbiurv.png (166 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
mzl.ixrbiurv.png
166 KB, 1024x1024
What are the pros and cons of each of these apps.
I don't know what to use and I'd love some input.

>using a smiling sperm for your logo
>>
The reason I don't use it because it's being shoved down my face constantly.
Can't tell you if it's any good. I use Here (former Nokia maps) or Sygic.
>>
>>15353095
I'll look into those. What do you mean by shoving in your face? I've never had that issue.
>>
>>15353111
For a long time practically every other ad in Android was for Waze, even on my desktop browser there were ads for Waze.
When something is shilled that hard I'm skeptical about it.
>>
ive used both.Waze it a bit nicer since it shows you things like police locations but theres a lot of ads tend to show up when you come to a stop so thats a bit annoying.Also i think waze looks a bit prettier.Other than that google maps and waze a pretty much identical
>>
>>15353117
No shit, never has that issue.
>>15353136
I know Google maps integrates some waze info such as construction but they don't show police info which is bullshit.
>>
>>15353086
I have completely stopped using google maps on my phone since whichever update made it give me walking directions by default. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>15353086
That sperm is on its way to fuck ur gf
>>
>>15353182
You can change the default m8. That's a silly reason to stop using something.
>>
File: 20160629_002308.png (521 KB, 886x744) Image search: [Google]
20160629_002308.png
521 KB, 886x744
>>15353185
Kek
>>
>>15353086

Waze for when you need to speed.
Google Maps when comfy driving.

The only pro I know of for Waze is people saying where the cops are.
>>
As far as I've seen, Google Maps is the most up to date and most accurate as far as destinations are concerned. Traffic reports are somewhat accurate in high population areas. Waze is good for spotting cops, not as good for navigation. I use both.
>>
>>15353117
That's weird. I've never seen an ad for Waze in my life. I use it a lot though, it's fantastic for long highway trips and the local Department of Transportation actually partnered with Waze to report construction work. I use Apple maps for shorter drives because it's easier to read the map and see the turns.
>>
>>15353600
I think it's bullshit you can't see cops on Google maps.
>>15353641
How do you use both?
>>
File: 1461521669934.gif (425 KB, 1221x850) Image search: [Google]
1461521669934.gif
425 KB, 1221x850
I've used Waze a few times. It's nice because people can report when there's an accident, objects in the road, cops, i think there's more but its pretty cool.

>Driving in work van with co-worker
>Using his GPS since my phone died, it has Waze
>Some bitch cut me off forcing me to hit my brakes
>Little mad but w/e
>Hear "object in road in .2 miles"
>Look far ahead, see tire in the road
>Coming close to the tire
>Bitch in front of me starts merging really slowly
>Say out loud "oh my god shes merging so slow,i think she's going to hit that tire"
>Mfw she actually didn't see the tire
>She hits it, it bounces halfway into my lane
>Start laughing really hard, drive halfway into shoulder to avoid the tire
>Still laughing
>Side by side with girl who hit tire
>Look inside
>She's so nervous she's rubbing her neck
>Mfw karma is real
>>
>>15354023

I use google to navigate to a place, and use waze to spot cops and road obstructions. Google runs in the background so I listen for directions while watching waze.
>>
WAZE
>>Pros
>voice directions
>can find gas/food/stuff for you
>can actually socialize with other drivers on the road with you (pretty fun to flirt with girls lane over)
>COPS!!!!
>road hazards/traffic warning
>>Cons
>ads
>shill jew scum only shows you certain brands of gas station
>takes your through the ghetto 100% of the time (says because faster route)
>pinch to zoom sucks while it's giving directions

Iphone maps
>>Pros
>solid operation, easy to use, minimal features
>works well
>maps on big roads (no neighborhood routing bullshit)
>voice navigation
>cleaner better gui than waze
>>Cons
>can't select to avoid toll roads
>not great at finding food/gas either

I use maps to get around town if i don't know where im heading. Use waze for road trips since you cant drive through the ghetto on an interstate highway. Waze is cool, but it has too much going on.

Also i think iphone maps uses more battery power than waze..
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.