[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will car culture stay as calm and peaceful as it currently is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 17
File: problemglasses.png (5 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
problemglasses.png
5 KB, 450x450
Seeing what is happening to the IT and gaming field is kind of unsettling
>>
File: section-hero-background[1].jpg (176 KB, 2880x1250) Image search: [Google]
section-hero-background[1].jpg
176 KB, 2880x1250
It has already begun.
>>
>>15253280
They just use those tho and don't try to look like they're wrenching on them or that they're better at wrenching than you are
>>
Nobody is really rallying for diversity in car culture or motor sports or affirmative action in motorsports / a different women league despite all the women professional drivers in the history of motorsports are able to be counted on one hand
>>
>>15253283
Here's the new NSX's designer with her creation, make of that what you will.
>>
>>15253289
The car doesn't look to bad actually.

I wonder what a normal sedan designed by her would look like.
>>
>>15253288
Maybe computer guys and gaming enthusiasts are easier targets / easier to fuck around with than car dudes.
>>
I wouldn't consider stancefags to be a calm in the automotive enthusiast circle
>>
>>15253277
Diversity and inclusion improves everything anon. What are you, a biggot?
>>
File: Gran Trueno.jpg (30 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Gran Trueno.jpg
30 KB, 720x540
Car dudes don't fuck around.

Nu-male gamers will bend over for any girl though, hence why it's been happening to them.
>>
>>15253277
Games and comics and IT stuff were all targeted only because they are nerd hobbies.
Hipsters and sjws pretend to like nerd stuff, but cars dont really fall under that category.
They associate motorsports with rednecks and thus we are safe.
>>
>>15253989
Pretty much.

>>15253639
Post pics of your corolla.

>>15253288
Considering this kind of intrusion needs the possibility to give participation medals, stance culture could be a possible target. Only works in areas where an accurate and scientific measurement of a feat (i.e. track time around the burgerking) is not an obvious way to compare people and make them compete. SJWs never compare numbers, because on average they just want the prize without the effort.
>>
I'm in school training for a degree in auto tech, and there are a lot of women going for the same degree. Granted, there are definitely more men than women, but the women who actually want to be in the field are really cool, hard working, and totally down to participate in the shittalking that goes on in the shop. There's a really awesome ex-soldier who rides a literbike and can wrench as good as any guy. It came up in a collective vocal shitposting session that she was gay too.

Someone who tries to go into that field with an agenda will just fail all their classes or get fired from their co-op very quickly.
It doesn't matter the color of your skin or who you like to fuck, just whether or not you like Snap-On or Matco.
>>
File: o vs. Feminists #1.jpg (781 KB, 841x1700) Image search: [Google]
o vs. Feminists #1.jpg
781 KB, 841x1700
>>15253277
>>
File: o vs. Feminists #2.jpg (2 MB, 1899x3368) Image search: [Google]
o vs. Feminists #2.jpg
2 MB, 1899x3368
>>
>>15253289
I'd like it if I didn't know it was an NSX.
>>
>>15253288

Because there's no female leagues in motorsport, they've always been shown to be the athletic shitters they really are on a level playing field.
>>
>>15254265
>women acting like men, this is really cool!

One day you will grow up anon.
>>
Car culture is sadly a walking corpse. We're not long for this world with retards screaming for self-driving cars because "MUH SAFETY, MUH CHILLUNZ." We'll be fighting a losing battle to keep our hobby alive within the next 20 years, I promise.

I hope that I'm long dead before the nu-males and purple-haired SJWs succeed in banning human-driven gas cars from the roads.
>>
>car culture
who cares
>>
>>15255284
You will when they crush your car because it's "not safe and not environmentally-conscious."
>>
>>15255089
>>15255115
things that make my blood boil, the posts.

western society has gotten way too fucking easy and stagnant
>>
>>15255297
Hint: He doesn't own a car
>>
>>15255297
they wont, though.
self driving cars won't even be around until 20 years from now and it will take another 20 or more to phase out regular cars and then another 5 or 10 to make it illegal. and even then there will be historic exceptions, just like here is now.

we don't live in a neo-gothic fascist dystopia from your animes.
>>
>>15255310
How old are you?
>>
>>15253277
>what is happening to the IT and gaming field
top kek

if you unironically believe this, kill yourself
>>
>>15255315
>>
>>15255315
The people spouting defeatist, dystopian bullshit are just as childish as those who don't think anything is wrong at all.
>>
>>15255333
nothing is wrong. its a natural progression of technology.
no one is taking your guns or crushing your cars.
you can go drive a 1mpg jet car around a track 24/hr a day for all the government cares.

currently the majority of states dont even have emissions testing lol and cars that can go 200mph stock are being produced right now. you really think self-driving, alternative energy cars are going to be mandatory in less than 50 years let alone without any kind of historic exemption?

car "culture" is pretty stupid anyway. it seems to attract the dumbest fucks like squids, rednecks, and minorities that seem to do all they can to be obnoxious faggots in public view, no wonder it has such a bad reputation.
>>
>>15253288
It's more like automotive design, manufacturing, and driving are hard and men are overwhelmingly good at it no matter how many aids and resources you hand out.

Also, if you're in automotive, you might actually make something useful instead of a shitty web page. Feminists, being the puppets for social discord they are, hate it when women do useful things, which is why they encourage them to write irrelevant fart apps instead of going for the usual "girly" careers in medicine and finance.
>>
>>15255386
3 states in America not being car-cucked doesn't make up car culture, bro.

Other people have a more realistic and depressing point of view. We've seen the gradual crack down on fun, the increased surveillance, the increased consequences, fabrication of fantastical new laws, emission standards being raised to the point where fast, nippy cars and engines are forced behind 5 layers of economy specific modifications, choking the life out of the airflow, safety standards making cars into barges and windows into slits.
There is a 'happening' on the horizon of cars.
>>
>>15255429
who the fuck cares about production cars.

>3 states in America not being car-cucked doesn't make up car culture, bro.
what does this even mean?
>>
>>15255333
I'm sure that after turning down opportunities to ban every car that wasn't perfectly safe and limited to a certain speed, the US government will force us all to drive NSA approved google cars. We have the technology, and it's pretty cheap, but we're not using it.

What gives? You can go out and buy a car that doesn't meet any modern safety standards and nobody will give a fuck. You can tear out safety equipment, and even emissions equipment if you're lucky (car emission control is a bandaid so actual major sources don't have to do shit, so you SHOULD do this)
>>
>>15255265
Motorbikes will be the first on the hit-list I reckon.
It's amazing that they are still allowed, a crash means death to the driver, a passenger, and a potential oncoming victim. It's also a legal means for people to cover their faces.
Frankly push bikes should be on the danger list too. Sharing the roads with self-driving cars will be 'dangerous'.
>>
>>15255429
You forgot that the whole thing seems to be accelerating too. The changes just keep on happening faster and faster.
>>
>>15255443
What I mean is: just because you live in a protected bubble of automotive happiness, it doesn't mean the rest of the world, or even the majority of your country is safe from the arbitrary phasing out of cars. You say 50 years minimum, I call bullshit. It takes 1 retarded politician to fuck everything up, and in the rest of the world outside of states that can literally fuse 2 different cars together and be road legal, it's going to happen much sooner once the technology is perfected. I give it 15 years before the super-cuck nations are done.
>>
>>15255455
15 years.. for fully autonomous self driving cars? you're mad.
it will be 30 before they are commonplace. And driving will probably never be outlawed, at least not while we're alive.
>>
Car culture is literally in decline, most millennials already are disinterested in driving and getting licenses, and self driving and ridesharing is just over the horizon dooming car ownership and enthusiasm
>>
>>15255500
lol? theres more normies and wannabe takumis into cars now than there has ever been since the 70s.

obviously youre a clueless teenager or werent into cars 15 years ago, but it wasnt even close to as popular as it is now even during the height of fnf.

interest in motorcycles and cars is way way up.
>>
>>15255474
In cuck places like France, Sweden and any number of other countries like them, with radical feminists at the reigns?
15-20 maximum
>>
>>15255511
Have you been to a car meet lately? Ever notice the predominant age group are in their late 30s?
>>
>>15255511
Stance faggots, BRZ tards and drifters don't count. Those people never become good drivers, nor do they contribute anything to the culture, they only consume.
>>
>>15255500
My kid sister wants a powder blue VW beetle from the 2000's, in manual

Gen Y ain't a write off m8
>>
>>15255575
You're a write on just about everything else then, sorry if that triggered you.
>>
>>15255089
>>15255115
That aint Real is it?
I've stopped caring about sjws long ago, as long as they stay out of my lawn.
>>
>>15254139
Stance doesn't need SJWs to push in, they welcome women with open arms because they're just as big of attention whores as her.
>>
>>15253289
>generic angry slant eye lights
Well, I literally can't tell it apart from the shit men are designing now, so it isn't like she's more shit than the rest of the industry.
>>
>>15253289
her ass is fucking goddess tier, she was on jay leno's garage with the nsx, perfect ass
>>
File: 1418286909102.jpg (216 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
1418286909102.jpg
216 KB, 1152x864
>>15255089
>he said he can't start his bike is I was standing that close
It gets me every time.
>>
>>15255602
We've reached that point where I just can't tell anymore.
>>
>>15253277
Pretty easy to answer
>IT is full of roles that women can occupy without doing any of the stuff that men are better at
>If you ever look at IT 'diversity and women' jobs the women are always on stuff like 'Game Direction', 'Art', 'QA' or other low skill or feminine roles
>Gaming does not require much to get into, it requires a PC or a phone or something and you can tick boxes that will make you a 'gamer' in most surveys
>Console games are specifically low skill to appeal to mass market with aim assist and killstreak rewards, high latency, low ttk and easy to use guns to allow people with bad mechanics to have at least some fun
>Even with all that the best women are literally pub tier compared to the top men

but with motorsport
>Huge barriers for entry, massive cost [SJW's don't have the money], no one cares who you are really - just how well you do it
>A massive risk taking sport, which is very adverse to women and nu male types
>Requires a lot of manual know-how if you want to do it cheap, wrenching is hard and a no-bullshit environment. Most wrench stops will laugh you out of the building if you claim soggyknees or triggering.
>A complete meritocracy which is again adverse to SJW-ism
>>
>>15255581
>write on
Now I'm triggered, shitlord
Never speak to me or my 2zz swapped spyder ever again
>>
>>15255667
ok?
>>
funny how the basement-dwelling losers of 4chan think they are going to be the stalwart heroes of tradition and manliness...
>>
>>15253277
in the aspect of motorsport and high performance driving? yes
in the aspect of hard parkers? it's already happening
>>
>>15255855
No, it's sad that they are the only ones who even try.
>>
>>15253277
Change is eternal. Only manchildren and Republicans think they can fight it.
>>
I actually hope self driving cars come soon, considering how people are driving nowadays.
I often see a shitload of people driving while texting, even on highways. And it only gets worse with traffic, even in a country where most cars are manuals.
That stupid "entertain me all the time" mentality is what is fucking the whole thing up.
Honestly, I think the movie "I, Robot" nailed it.
>self driving cars
>actually driving your car is seen as dumb and reckless
>cars even go as far as having the front seats facing backwards
Seriously, this makes me feel sick, but it's the future.
>>
Not only will cars soon be self driving, car ownership may be fased out too.
Just read about shit like "ride sharing" and even "car sharing"
People being OK about paying for something they don't own, only to use it from time to time, just because they can't leave those filled up shitholes, this sickens me.
>>
>>15255740
>A massive risk taking sport, which is very adverse to women and nu male types
This. There are no do-overs in the field of driving really fast which is against the typical neo-liberal thesis that EVERYONE DESERVES UNLIMITED SECOND CHANCES EVEN IF THEY'RE BAD PEOPLE. Jamal can always reapply for benefits or housing as much as he wants and the Fed is trying to make it illegal to decline him based on his criminal record. Anyone can be shoehorned into videogames to meet that diversity quota and they get special treatment because muh minorities. Anyone can start a Kickstarter to make a game even if they've never actually learned any degree of code. It doesn't work like this in the world of cars though, you have to know what you're doing or you'll get a lot of people killed fast which keeps the entry level high and largely free of philistines.

Plus, women will literally scream if you go 35mph on a dirt road. They can't handle the hihg speed. With that said, one day gun enthusiasts and car enthusiasts will see themselves allied towards a similar cause, mark my words. They already are to a limited degree, they just don't realize it yet.
>>
>>15255089
>>15255115
Does anyone have the brothers response where he talks about how she freaks the fuck out every so often when this shit recirculates and starts trying to harass her ex again? I think he commented on all the stupid shit she said and did after their dad died too.
>>
File: MonteJared.png (711 KB, 1340x3184) Image search: [Google]
MonteJared.png
711 KB, 1340x3184
>>15256185
WHAT

I need this

But have some justice boner as well
>>
>>15253989
This is a good toast
>>
>>15256157
I like to think as /o/ and /k/ as good friends, we get the occasional /k/ommando popping over for some advice on a good utility truck, likewise I can see an /o/tist asking what a good gun to keep inn the glove compartment would be
>>
>>15256205
I wish I would have saved it. I feel really sorry for the ex bf. Dudes just off doing his own thing and having to deal with her psycho breakdowns years later. His brother is the kind of brother that everyone should have.
>>
>>15256257
They both sound like total bros, and I'm glad he had the nuts to walk away from his psycho fiancee.

It's the kind of mentality every guy with a quote unquote "controversial" hobby should have when getting involved with someone opposed to it. Reminds me of a post on /k/ where a guy said flat out to his anti-gun Aussie wife; "These guns are a permanent fixture in my life, and you will go before they do".
>>
>>15255252
It's pretty nice when I can put my gf on one side of the car and I'll take the other and just yell out what to take off next or what to do next and she'll get it done but I do have to do the final tightening of the bolts

Just because she can handle herself doesn't mean she wants to be a dude or fuck girls

One day you'll grow up anon and stop bending over for women >>15255252
>>
>>15253289
Lel, sure. As if the design wasn't revised repeatedly by men, finalized by men, approved by men.
>>
>>15256302
That's retarded, no one is arguing the point that a woman can't be a fantastic mathematician, engineer or racing driver its just a matter of odds that progressives can't comprehend so they press their discriminatory 'equality' on the world and call it equity.

There's no doubt somewhere a 12 year old with the maths capabilities of a grad student, a 12 year old mature enough to vote or enter marriage but no one would say that as a result all 12 year olds should go to university of cast a vote.

Progressives want equality of outcomes, not equality of opportunity and they do that by rejecting or even worse preventing males from ever getting the opportunity to be offered the job and instead give it to the statistically worse 'underprivileged' group that gives them the best virtue signalling.
>>
File: 1430962756433.gif (109 KB, 718x578) Image search: [Google]
1430962756433.gif
109 KB, 718x578
>>15255740
>meritocracy

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
feels good
>>
File: 1465711743893.png (779 KB, 960x647) Image search: [Google]
1465711743893.png
779 KB, 960x647
>>15256012
I can see self-driving cars as a solution to the problem of most drivers being fuckwits, but that just avoids the problem instead of solving it.

Not to be a katana wielding edgelord, but I feel like if safety was weaker in cars, and a lot more people died, they actually might give a fuck about their driving safety habits.

Really this is mirrored in so many parts of our culture today, people are hiding and protecting themselves to counteract their shit lifestyle, behavior choices, etc.
>>
>>15256428
>"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Making a nanny society only serves to dissolve personal responsibility for ones actions.
>>
>>15255089
>feminists are entitled and bitter vapid bitches
Every time.
>>
>>15256205
looks like one of them was really in love
>>
>>15256221
/k/ is one of the most cucked hobbies outside of gaming

it's real sad
>>
>>15256511
Good quote.
>>
>>15256511
>Making a nanny society only serves to dissolve personal responsibility for ones actions.
That's exactly what governments want to happen. Dependency. Being depended upon is where the true power lies.
>>
File: V0FGzf3.jpg (59 KB, 387x754) Image search: [Google]
V0FGzf3.jpg
59 KB, 387x754
>>15253277
yes.

SJW's are welfare queens and cars are not a cheap hobby.
>>
>>15256766
That and the majority of them are retarded faggots who move to inner-city neighborhoods and try to ride shitty fixed gear bikes in jorts. They make real easy targets for cultural enhancement in New Orleans.
>>
>>15255297
muh grandfather clause
>>
>>15256157
>Plus, women will literally scream if you go 35mph on a dirt road

Women will literally scream if you rev your car passed 2K too
>>
I hate how /r9k/ spills over onto all the decent boards on 4chan
>>
>>15256428
Nailed it.
>>
>>15257007
I've done 40 through mud past a truck towing a trailer, on a 12 foot wide road.
Also ended up drifting past a tractor coming the other way in a blind turn at 25.
I can see why...
>>
>>15255310
Lol buddy Tesla's drive themselves right now, current year.
>>
>>15253277
honestly, car culture is largely dictated by what safety and emissions standards the Govt imposes. its all about the regulations, although part of it is the engineers and beancounters too.

we have giant jellybean cars now because safety standards want lower center of gravity, sop cars all touch the ground- engine bays need to be a certain height to not slice someone in two like a 70's wedge, you need to have airbags everywhere so all the pillars are massive and windows smaller, etc etc.

its like the 5mph bumpers were.

if we keep having far left liberal leadership, (speaking strictly burgerland of course, Europe is probably too far cucked to be reversed, considering france is going to ban old cars now) then Car culture will be killed by force, in the name of "the children" and "safety".
>>
>>15256221
/k/ here, we hate you morons.

nearly every time we ask you guys for good advice you give us weeb memes
>>
>>15257631
no they dont.
self driving cars arent even legal in CA.
>>
>>15257957
>/k/ here
Why do noguns always go to other boards and say this?
>>
>>15257957
/k/ is terrible, fuck off hillbilly
>>
>>15254139

y-you first.
>>
>>15257957
>Got told he'd probably get the best results out of a Hilux for his stated needs
>Fuck off, Weebshits!
>>
>>15257968
Yes they do. It's a fact. It doesn't matter that it's illegal in faggotland. They effectively navigate the road by themselves. There's a video of a woman sleeping while a Tesla drives her around.>>15257968
>>
>>15257957
I'm crying anon holy shit, that got me

Real shit though, every board has their weeb population, some more than others, and they all meme, you really shouldn't expect any different from here
>>
>>15256205
fucking jared the madman
>>
>>15256274
>"These guns are a permanent fixture in my life, and you will go before they do".

Sauce?
>>
>>15258716
you're gonna have to kludge through /k/ if you really want it

It might not be worth it anyway, dude just got her to see reason, even compared it to things that are legally ambiguous in aussland but people do anyway, like "riding bikes in the outback dunes" or something like that
>>
>>15257910
The bureaucracy surrounding cars is insane. Why aren't there exceptions made in the law for design and performance? Motorcycles are legal, why can't i have popup headlights and wedge cars? CAFE restrictions make no sense, making manufacturers lean toward larger, less economical vehicles... Etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>15257957
You gave us furries, yiff in Hell you heathen.
>>
>>15259152
Difference is we like our furries.

You guys get all weird and awkward around them, your forum can't hang bruh.
>>
>>15259309
It doesn't help that our biggest shitposter is a furry.
>>
>>15259337
I've seen it wreck up the place

Here is a radical idea, maybe /o/ should try to make peace with it?
>>
>>15259349
That one in particular doesn't want peace. It just wants chaos and derailed threads.
>>
>>15259355
Actually I talked with it before in one of its spam threads. It just wants you guys to have erections.
>>
File: romney laugh.jpg (28 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
romney laugh.jpg
28 KB, 560x375
>being afraid of change
>>
File: 29929000771.jpg (25 KB, 624x354) Image search: [Google]
29929000771.jpg
25 KB, 624x354
>>15259394
>living long enough to see that not all change is progress
>>
>>15253277
>Will car culture stay as calm and peaceful as it currently is?

As with the IT field, computer field, gaming field, the passenger automotive field and commercial automotive cargo transport fields are seeing future changes. It's not just with changing mechanical technologies being on the cusp of introduction. The age of cars driving themselves is coming just as you saw with the first few years of personal computers where they were immature but then suddenly blazed up in glory. Self-driving cars are at that point now too. On the mechanical side, electric and hybrid cars may see power innovations from battery technologies that vastly improve the number of recharges that can be done before a battery wears out.
>>
>>15259446
personal computers didn't blaze up. their growth was linear as fuck. took a solid 20 years for them to even become popular.
>>
File: Turbo Autism.png (958 KB, 1134x1214) Image search: [Google]
Turbo Autism.png
958 KB, 1134x1214
>There aren't enough women in car culture!
Alright cool, do you want to join?
>Yes!
What kinda car you have?
>A Toyota Yaris.
Manual or automatic?
>Automatic.
Alright cool, cool. What drive train?
>Train? I thought we were talking about cars.
Oh that's cool, that's cool... What, uh. What's the displacement?
>What?
The displacement of the engine, what is it?
>Is that like the weight?
Yeah sure, sure.
>I don't know, a ton?
Yeah that's cool... How many cylinders does it have?
>Only one coming out the back.
Oh you mean the exhaust?
>Is that what it's called?
Nah, cylinder is fine too...
>Am I doing good so far?
Yeah, yeah...
>>
>>15257957
>weeb memes
>implying /k/ doesnt shitpost upotte all the time
/k/ is one of the most autistic boards.
There is an above average ammount of cringey tryhard posters.
>>
>>15255310
Self-driving cars won't happen in North America because our roads are too poorly designed and maintained for a computer to navigate them safely
>>
>>15255265
>I hope that I'm long dead before the nu-males and purple-haired SJWs succeed in banning human-driven gas cars from the roads.

Your human-driven cars won't be banned. It's just that computer-driven cars have lower insurance rates. The cars keep track of how much you drive and phones home the data on your driving. How many times you slammed your brakes. How many times you weaved in lane. Did you signal for each turn? Did you speed? How many times did you speed? Did you speed in a school zone? Did you jackrabbit start at a traffic light? Most of these are already tracked by my car except for the school zone. I have a "Teen Mode" option that I can even set limits when loaning the car to teenagers in the family and it even has features to limit audio volume. ha ha But importantly, it tells me if the kids signal before turning, wear seatbelts, weave in lane, drive on the line, or have excessive speed. There are other features too. Oh, I can track their driving path so I know all the places they went or if they actually did go where they said they'd go and NOT go to places they were not supposed to go. It's very nosy.

I know the car does keep track of me by phoning "home" data since I received an unsolicited email where my driving record shows that I qualify for even lower insurance rates.
>>
>>15260473
>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but m-m-muh chilluns
>>
I actually know a few women who are really good at wrenching and touge, but they don't act like precious princesses. They're like one of the boys (in the actual sense, not teehee look at me) and just shut up and do it and do it well.

Those women are more than welcome, but i think SJW's know most people into cars would have the balls to tell them to fuck off if they tried their bullshit, unlike nerds.

As would the car women, who consider SJW's below them. They would get blasted on all sides.
>>
the difference between cars and computers is that cars can only go so fast before they're unusable (whether too expensive or not worth the maintenance or just difficult to drive at low speeds)

while computers and gaming aren't even close to their zenith

so until gas is so expensive that driving a car is a luxury for even the rich, car culture will still be around
>>
>>15260473
>>15255265
>banning human-driven gas cars

You're not banned. If you drive more than 5% of the time, your insurance rates go up to $2500 per month. If you let the computer drive, your rates are $80 per month.

With rate differences like that, it would be like a ban. That could be one way humans are forced off the road in favor of automated traffic control. It makes you wonder why your car slowed down and moved to the right like 80% of other cars. You notice the 80% tended to be less wealthy people. The other 15% only shifted one lane to the right and they look middle class. The other 5% just kept on in their lanes but their speeds seem to be regulated and they are evenly spacing now. How pretty! They all coordinated a shift over in the lane. . . as. . . as... you ... see... in the distance a car zooming up in the clear lane.... It WoaaaW Justin Bieber! He's been given a free lane pass.

After he passes, traffic automatically returns to normal distribution with some cars giving way to others based upon prestige or pass level.
>>
and to everyone saying that self-driving cars will be the end of car culture, you're very near sighted

look at horses

when they were used for transportation, horses were everywhere and they were cheap and they were battered and run down and left for dead when they were useless

now that horses are used for really no sort of labor, they can be bred to be awesome and incredible specimens who are way better than their forefathers

same with cars, when automation becomes prevalent and reliable, you'll see everyone swarming to buy these cars because most people hate driving

then when automakers can sell timmy gofuckhimself an automated CUV that can be churned out by the millions, they'll have more resources to focus on the cars that will occupy motorsports and racing, because as long as there are cars and people to race them, there will always be motorsport and there will always be homologation series and there will always be homologation specials

you guys are all just chicken fucking little, who get off on the idea of an apocalypse. car enthusiasts are all in for a nice treat in 10 years when there are no 'bad' drivers because computers handle the bulk of the work for everyone from minivans to 18 wheelers to school buses, so that leaves people who enjoy driving, and can drive safely, to drive themselves how they deem fit
>>
>>15260558
>car enthusiasts are all in for a nice treat in 10 years
Dear god I hope you're right. Tell me more comforting lies.
>>
>>15260524
you cant insure autonomous driving thats like insuring your stapler
>>
>>15253297
>>15253289

afaik she designed the wheels
>>
>>15260601

>comforting lies

if the entire car industry was heading down the shitter, projects like f1 would be starting to shut up shop. but instead they're testing tech like powerful v6s and performance hybrids to ensure that powerfreaks can get their fix when emission regs really get strict

the most that we have to worry about is federally mandated emissions testing (and very strict testing at that)

otherwise, look around when you're driving to work tomorrow and take notice of those shit drivers who are wandering from lane to lane in a shiny/newer car and realize that they'll be the first ones who make the switch to autonomous cars so they can text while they ride to work.

same with school buses and 18 wheelers, put a computer behind the wheel to maximize fuel efficiency and safety with a person onboard to oversee the cargo

taxis will just become pods you can order up and they'll run you to a place you want. people will give up owning a car en masse when they realize they can spend a few dollars a day to get to work and back rather than purchase a depreciating asset that requires thousands of dollars in fuel, maintenance, and insurance

so now you have shitty drivers and large vehicles put into better hands, fewer car owners (which means fewer cars in parking lots), and more efficient driving so fewer traffic jams and less fuel being used per mile per vehicle

it's really a win/win. the only people that will lose out will be funeral homes, because there won't be as many tragic deaths since drunk people can just call up an autonomous taxi to pick up their drunk ass and cart them home

it's a bright future, really
>>
>>15256205
d e v i l i s h
>>
>>15260558
Horses are confined to tracks and are no longer used as regular transportation.

I DONT WANT TO BE FORCED TO DRIVE MY SHIT BOX AT THE TRACK.
>>
>>15255115
Im more upset i was so triggered by this troll i read every word
>>
>>15260558
>and to everyone saying that self-driving cars will be the end of car culture, you're very near sighted

You don't care about Hooning then? These automated tattletale cars will snitch report illegal driving and racing. The owners will get into trouble for Hooning and drifting on the public roads.
>>
>>15256221
No those /k/ guys are all fucked up weirdos
>>
>>15261497
And we got stuck with graduates of /a/. /o/ is like their transition board into becoming normalfags.
>>
>>15260676
>the most we have to worry about is the end of engine swaps because tailpipe emissions be damned "that's not regulation!/ECU never lies!"

RIP fast cheap cars

>>15260941
You would have a point with speeding (because static speed limits that apply to all drivers equally are inherently flawed), but not hooning

Self driving cars speed appropriately anyways
>>
>>15256428
> I feel like if safety was weaker in cars, and a lot more people died, they actually might give a fuck about their driving safety habits.

They won't. Just look at places like India, Indonesia or the Middle East & rest of Asia. They drive like fuckwits and their cars are made of cardboard. Have a look at their mortality rates.

There are thousands of videos of how retarded they are but I find this one particularly amusing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPne-q4ynts
Not only does he mention the retardation of how some of the wrecks must've occurred but also captures a fucking truck swerving into oncoming traffic, flipping and taking out some powerlines.
>>
>>15255115
this is just sad
>>
It's fine, women don't care about cars. That's why they drive ff
>>
>>15256012
Do you think morons who start letting their car drive them everywhere won't try to ban actual human driven cars from the road?
>>
>>15256205
Shit, he went too far.
You don't take somebody's cat, even if they are a cheating whore.

The rest though is some quality shit
>>
>>15257631
Into walls.
>>15257975
Why do tripfags trip?
>>
>>15260676
>automated bus
>safety
have you ever seen the movie speed
>>
>>15253277
Yes. SJWs are lazy and don't want to get dirty. I bet they don't even do their own oil changes, they always take their cars and get someone beneath them to do it.
>>
>>15260676
What are you on about, it's not a bright future.

Right now cars are burning huge amounts of oil, they have massive compressions making it hard to turbo or modify even if they weren't electronic nightmares [which they are]

Then speaking of those electronic nightmares there's a huge amount of under the hood safety, economy and drivetrain electronics that make DIY or even paid modding and tweaking extremely restrictive to the normal person.

Traction control is mandated already, automated braking will be mandated soon in the EU, very soon after that they want to make it flat out illegal to create cars that produce more than 65g co2/km.

That's just the initial stage, electronic cars for all by mandate. Driverless cars will be soon to follow and they will force all cars to be driverless - what makes you think they won't. It'll either happen eventually or the moment a family in a driverless car are killed/injured by one in a normal car. Also driverless cars will never be able to fully cope with the unpredictable nature of other driven cars.

And with these electronic and compturized cars comes more and more data for insurance and the government. They'll mandate the release of who was at fault in a crash and no doubt of speeding and/or dangerous driving.

Just hope that the inevitable and oncoming collapse of Western society happens sooner rather than later so that the age of personal responsibility can occur again.
>>
>>15260558
>Look at horses

Obscenely expensive, extremely rare and completely unavailable to the average person

Restricted basically to exclusive tracks, huge amounts of legislation about how they are treated and most people will never even ride one.

And horses are totally different because at the very least they are a living being, they will continue to breed and so on without our intervention. It's completely impossible to equivocate them to combustion cars.
>>
>>15262539
>most people will never even ride one.

Anon pulls up to Starbucks with his ONE Horsepower ride.

People point out his emissions problem lying on the ground behind the horse.

Hay, Anon, someone points out, looks like yo'all gots a catalitic convertor problem! The crowd laughs.

Motoring over to the takeout window in the drive through, Anon quickly orders the triple robusta espresso. Anon feeds that to the intake of his one horsepower ride.

Nows I am TURBO POWERED! Horsepower upped to 1.25 horsepower due to robusta turbo caffeeine.

Modding my ride for power is easy!
>>
File: zzzzzohyesssss.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzohyesssss.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>>15262855
>>
File: 1428388939832.png (67 KB, 189x262) Image search: [Google]
1428388939832.png
67 KB, 189x262
>>15262539
>Obscenely expensive, extremely rare and completely unavailable to the average person
>Restricted basically to exclusive tracks, huge amounts of legislation about how they are treated and most people will never even ride one.

The future of cars everyone
>>
>>15262526

>mandate

there are too many rich people who enjoy driving to ever allow a mandate like that to pass

same with electric cars, think about all the car-obsessed billionaires who can fund lobbyists

you chicken little's and your dumb ideas

and you can turn off traction/stability control on just about every car available. it's not like it's forcing anyone to use it

seriously, do you guys even read anything anymore? do you have any critical thinking skills? or do you just enjoy posting dumb bullshit so you can convince yourselves that you're right with all of this wrong information?
>>
>>15262539

a person can buy a horse for about $2500

that's about the same as a cheap, reliable car

you can ride them pretty much wherever you want, but if you ride them on a road they're probably gonna get spooked

and you just have to take them to a vet, feed them, and give them a lot of land to live on (a few acres is fine)

you guys are all DUMB MOTHERFUCKING NEAR-SIGHTED PROLES
>>
>>15260838
>Horses are confined to tracks and are no longer used as regular transportation.

Unless you're Amish
>>
>>15253639
Did you ever end up selling your car on DK?
>>
>>15256157
Agreed.

Drove my housemate to have a BBQ on the beach. My unassuming 1.2 Fiat with decent launches on a B-Road had her grabbing the handle in the roof out of fear.

We probably averaged 40mph because of corners. There wasn't even any tire squeal.

Women ruining car culture isn't going to happen.
>>
>>15263332
>you can ride them pretty much wherever you want

Uh no, teens sometimes carry air/paint pistols and if one of them comes by, they will shoot that horse for the heck of it. That's the problem of a novelty. Novelties attract teenager attention and that is usually negative or sarcastic putdown hate type. Combine bad teen attitude with paintball weapon or pellet pistol and you have horse that runs out into road in front of other cars. Boom. Teens don't stick around to take blame because hit and run is the norm for teens and college students.
>>
Doubt they'll bother, being a part of car culture requires manual labour, something nu-males and SJW's fear more than anything.
>>
File: 1465793918231.png (646 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1465793918231.png
646 KB, 800x900
>>15262153
It was his cat.
>>
>>15256205
SAVAGE

But yeah, it was a bit excessive.
>>
>>15263908
>teens
>college students

codewords for "niggers"
>>
>>15259068
politics. liberals want to keep getting elected so they keep appealing to "muh feelings" and "muh common sense"

in NY, the speed limit on streets outside of highways, is 25MPH.

on a small backtown road nobody uses, and that has no houses or pedestrians and could easily be at least 30
>>
>>15264386
Here in commiefornia innawoods the speed limit is """"""40"""""", 25 in school zones, 55 on the highway, 70 on the interstate
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.