[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Indoor or outdoor cats?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10
File: Standard_Garage_-_Top_Right[1].jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Standard_Garage_-_Top_Right[1].jpg
25 KB, 400x300
Indoor or outdoor cats?
>>
File: 1449710255123.jpg (6 KB, 227x225) Image search: [Google]
1449710255123.jpg
6 KB, 227x225
>tfw moved back in with parents
>tfw convinced dad to give up garage spot for me and park outside himself because I have to get out far earlier in the morning and need to be absolutely on time for work and can't be scraping ice all winter
>tfw never going to move into a place without a garage especially now that I'm about to buy a vintage daily driver
>>
>>14903167
i just let my cat go anywhere.
>>
>>14903167
I let my cat outside during the day and crack my garage door open about a foot, and let him inside the garage and close it at night. Makes sure no one flattens the fella and coyotes cant get him
>>
>>14903167
I like having both. The indoor cat is your buddy who you cuddle and chill with, the outdoor car is your slightly more aloof but more badass friend. Also, keeps rodent populations down.
>>
>>14903263
Although h
e used to be an indoor cat and honestly I prefer them indoors
>>
>>14903266
Indoor for both this reason and the fact life expectancies for indoor is 3-5x that of outdoor
>>
>>14903299
I'm starting to think my family has really good luck with outdoor cats. We've had a few live to 15, and one make it to 24.
>>
>>14903299
You'd have a higher life expectancy as well if you were locked up all your life.
>>
File: 1459996683608.jpg (73 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1459996683608.jpg
73 KB, 604x453
>>14903210
>>14903263
>>14903266
Degenerate scum. Outdoor cats are pests. They run into traffic, they kill native wildlife, they spread toxo, breed like rats because you probably didn't get them fixed, piss in people's yards and howl at night. You're sentencing them to an early death, parasites and potential poisoning when your neighbor's kid gets to them too.
>>
>>14903312
>anthropomorphizing animals

How's that fursuit feel?
>>
If you have an outdoor cat you are an irresponsible piece of shit pet owner. No fucking excuses, you are contributing to the problem. I hope all you faggots gets toxoplasmosis, die, and have your taint ate off by a herd of feral cats.
>>
>really want a cat
>tfw allergic
fuck you body
>>
>>14903313
>They run into
Someones faggot ass outdoor cat sits outside my house and tries to get in whenever I open the door to leave. I wish I knew whos fucking cat it was so I could chain it outside their home with a note.
>>
>>14903428
Iktf bro
>>
I used to let my cats outside when I got home and then would come back around night time.

most of the time the dumb asshole would just sit on the porch sunbathing and drink water all day, Then some days he would kill a bird and leave it's splattered guts on my porch
>>
Dad insisted that our cat be an outdoor cat so he just ran away eventually (no surprises there)
>>
>>14903167
Indoor
>>
>>>/an/2104781
Kek
>>
I let mine outside most of the day, weather permitting. He's 15 yrs old, hasn't seen a Vet for anything since he was fixed 14yrs ago and handles just fine.
>>
I just dropped a cat off in a field because the bastard wouldn't stop fighting with my other one (he was instigating it, that's why he got the boot). They apparently used the hood of my car as a battle arena and scratched it up. Final straw, motherfucker!

Anyway, indoor/outdoor is what we've always done.
>>
>>14903299
Or you could just let them be both and have freedom but a comfy place to stay
>>
File: zGgbbqJ.jpg (260 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
zGgbbqJ.jpg
260 KB, 1224x1632
>tfw less than one car garage
>car fits with about 30cm of clearance on each side
>driveway is steep as fuck so it's the only place I can do oil changes/jack my car up
LIFE IS SUFFERING
>>
>>14905154
>tfw no garage, no where to store stuff.
>>
File: 1386051144519.png (43 KB, 625x656) Image search: [Google]
1386051144519.png
43 KB, 625x656
>>14903313
>>
>>14903751
you mean nail it to their door
>>
good job op
>>
>>14903313
i shoot any cat that comes onto my property

which isn't a lot since i started shooting them
>>
>>14905154
mate that's a shed
>>
Outdoor doggo

Cats are worthless animals. The miatas of the animal kingdom.
>>
>>14903428
>be allergic to cats
>like really fucking allergic
>been around cats my entire life
>allergy pretty much went away unless I directly provoke it
>>
>>14903428
your body is doing you a favor

it doesn't want to live in filth
>>
>>14903313
>They run into traffic
My cat is smart enough to know not to
>they kill native wildlife
good
>they spread toxo,
My cat has no toxos
>breed like rats because you probably didn't get them fixed
spayed
>piss in people's yards
so?
> howl at night
i bring him in at night
>You're sentencing them to an early death, parasites and potential poisoning when your neighbor's kid gets to them too.
nah exercise is great for cats they're natural hunters and love to explore it's mean to just lock them up inside
>>
>outdoor cats
Kill yourselves
>>
>>14905732
>they kill native wildlife
"Outdoor cats" kill an estimated 50 million birds every year and innumerable amounts of other animals

That's awful for an ecosystem
>>
>>14905667
edgy
>>
>>14905154
I know that feel. Thank God I'm only renting while I'm at uni, I plan to get a nice bit of land once I get a decent job.
>>
>>14906359
protecting valuable, vulnerable lands from invasive predators is edgy now?

CoLoUR mE eDGy
>>
File: wtf.gif (843 KB, 213x183) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
843 KB, 213x183
>>14906026
Yeah its totally the cats fault for killing a trivial amount of birds in the suburbs and not the humans who paved over paradise.

Jesus christ bro. How far is your head stuck up your ass?
>>
>>14903266
This. I have outdoor and indoor cats. Difference is the indoors showed up at my home as kittens. I ain't taming no outdoor cat to not go outside.
>>14903313
see above.
>>
>>14903313
i bet you don't bitch about dogs that kill everything (including cats) that come into their yard
>>
>>14906842
>i am literally more retarded than the average dog
>>
>>14906847
I believe you are.
>>
>>14906842
That's what cars deserve for going into a yard that isn't theirs
>>
>>14906842
Dogs are normally not allowed to roam free and are generally supervised. People let their fucking cats out the whole time they're at work, letting them do whatever the fuck they want with no supervision. A dog might kill one or two birds every year if it gets the rare opportunity to eat one with a broken wing in your yard, but a cat that has all the time in the world to hunt will do so and does it effectively as shit because they're literally built for hunting small animals.

When a neighbor started releasing his cats outside, I went from seeing over a dozen native fence lizards a day in my yard to absolutely nothing for a period of several years. Even the scorpions in my yard disappeared because those cats fucking ate them, which might be a good thing to some people, but it speaks to their ability to wipe out a local population of wildlife in no time at all.

>>14905260
Only partially. I own two cats. I like cats. I don't want to run over your fucking cat, feel like shit for it, and make you feel like shit because your pet friend is now dead. I'm sure some outdoor cats will live for 20 years being a perfect, healthy, ultra intelligent car-avoiding princess but the 3-10 dead cats I saw every month on neighborhood roads say that a not insignificant amount get crushed. You also put your cat at risk of death from eagles, hawks, coyotes, wolves, venomous snakes, fungal infections, feline AIDS, eating grass coated in fertilizer and pesticide, dehydration, drinking musty water filled with parasites, and all sorts of other shit.

If you don't give a shit what happens to your cat, why even keep one in the first place? Anthropomorphizing their need to be wild is retarded. Let them out in your yard with supervision and a harness at most. If you live in a tiny apartment and have an idiotic ethical issue about how your cat doesn't get enough exercise, you should give that cat away or just fucking play with it.
>>
>>14906922
>cats kill pests
no fucking way. maybe that is why they were domesticated in the first place? please, any effect on the "wildlife" a cat has is trivial. remind me again who paved over nature, destroyed the natural habitat for their home and roads, just to get pissed at some animal adapted for urban living...well living? no where a human has touched is wild or natural buddy.

that said i do think it wrong to introduce an animal to a habitat that isn't theirs but if the cats were there first then its their choice. you don't see wild dogs because they ARE pests.
>>
>>14906922

There are wild dogs. My ex's neighborhood has a bunch and they have a tendency to kill the homeless cats.

>>14906979

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/feral-cats-kill-billions-of-small-critters-each-year-7814590/?no-ist
>>
>>14907026
Do you understand the concepts of hypocrisy? yay, save the wildlife so they can live in the burbs. Do you blame a squirrel when you run it over for being in the city too? Look at the bigger picture you sheep
>>
>>14907037

Did you even bother to read the fucking article or just go full retard and start pounding your keyboard, knocking over your Mt Dew and Doritos?
>>
>>14907047
Wow cats kill things. Who cares? Am I supposed to be persuaded by a point I already agreed to? Their impact is trivial you fool. Look around you.
>>
>outdoor cats
Bugguy would be disgusted
>>
>>14903167
>outdoor cats

http://www.wildlifemanagementinstitute.org/index.php?option=com_content&id=610:new-research-suggests-outdoor-cats-kill-more-wildlife-than-thought&catid=34:ONB+Articles&Itemid=54
>>
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/cats_actually_kill
>>
>>14906831
It is
http://www.philipcarr-gomm.com/cats-blamed-for-the-extinction-of-33-species/
>>
>>14907094
Bugguy is no more. Hasn't posted in weeks.
>>
>>14906822
>Implying a fucking housecat is a threat to your mudpatch trailer park

top jej
>>
>>14903167
Letting animals indoors? Disgusting.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 418x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 418x396
>>14907411
They're a threat to wild life in general

(>>14907173 >>14907183 >>14907185)

Fucking dipshit cats wandering into my yard and killing the songbirds that I put up feeders for just because their irresponsible ass owners let wittle kitty wander unsupervised because it's "natural"

It's not natural

They're an invasive species

When cats come into my yard these days, I trap them, take off their collars, and drop them off at kill shelters.
>>
>>14907426
Songbirds a shit, those stupid fuckers ought to fucking shut up in the morning.
>>
>>14907463
>stupid fuckers ought to fucking shut up in the morning
That's funny, I was just thinking the same thing about you outdoor cat fuckers as I browse /o/ and enjoy my coffee.
>>
>>14907463
Cats are worse pests
>>
>>14903312
We do? That's why we live in houses and spend most of our time inside
>>
File: that feel crying1.png (39 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
that feel crying1.png
39 KB, 645x773
>mom converted garage into another room
>>
Indoor, because I'm not a fucking retard

I have a leash and harness that I take him outside with and a three seasons room I let him in since I'm not a lazy piece of shit who let's his cats outside without supervision

One of my cats had escaped outside before only once, and that one time she got hit by a car and died. I let my 12 year old cat outside for a few months when he was 3 years old or so, and he got ticks and tapeworms and then never let him out again. Regular check ups cost enough already, I'm not gonna pay more to ensure he doesn't die on a daily basis by letting him outside
>>
>>14903312
I'd rather be on house arrest until I'm 80 instead of having somebody shoot my in the face at 30.
>>14904869
That implies outdoor which as I said, is for lazy assholes who can't even bother to take care of a low maintenance animal but got one anyway.
>>
>>14907806
>Have 10 acres
>go on trips into woods with cat
>keeps rodent population down
>still inside or in garage 80% of the time
Wow yeah I'm an ass because I don't let it get cooped up for it's entire life
>>
>>14903320

terrible b8 m8, i r8 0/8
>>
File: image.jpg (449 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
449 KB, 1936x1936
>>14903167
He lives in the fridge.
>>
>>14903299
Say that to my aunt's cat Cinabon: she's 27, and she lives outside on a farm.

Yes. Twenty seven years old.

And we have an outdoor cat going on 12 years old, and our indoor died at 9 (kidney failure)
>>
>>14908054
>27
Post birth certificate nigga

Cat probably died at like 13 years old and you found a stray that looked just like it that was only 2.
>>
>>14908057
They have registration paperwork for every year of its existence. I'll grab a pic next time.
>>
>>14903167

I've got some neighborhood cats that have the bad habit of wanting to get on the car. Last time this was an issue they clawed the shit out of my old shitbox's paint and windshield and I need to do something about it before I buy a new car.

Stuck with a house with a car port and no garage door. Shoot me.
>>
>>14908054
The exception is not the rule
>>
>>14908187
run it over
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.