[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jeep JK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: JK-Gecko.jpg (320 KB, 1632x922) Image search: [Google]
JK-Gecko.jpg
320 KB, 1632x922
Hey everyone,

So I have my heart set on a jeep Wrangler. (A distant 2nd is the trailhawk renegade)This is my first time buying a car myself, so I have some questions.

1. I have my heart set set set on a Green, Orange, or Blue Jeep Wrangler. It just so happens that I hear that "Hyper Green" will be available this year! I go to the Jeep website though, and I see nothing about it for the 2016 models? I know it's supposed to be available a bit later in the year, but shouldn't they have it available to order? If not, when do the later year models get updated on the site, or become available for order?

2. I hate to admit it, but I don't think I'll be taking the Wrangler off roading very much. I'm just not the off-roadin' 4 wheelin' type. Despite this, I still want a truck that's good in the snow/ice, capable of some tough hills, and reliable. (American made does help as well!) Is the Wrangler really *that* bad for just street / winter driving? People seem to be of the mind that if you're not using it to go through trails, stay away from it...

3. Has anyone used sites like truecar.com? If possible, I'd love..love to skip the whole dealer negotiation hassle, and just buy the car online, without having to work with the wormy guys at the auto dealer... Has anyone had any success with finding a really good deal online? I suppose doing it this way though, negates the ability to custom order a jeep.

4. What should I do with my current car? It's a 2004 Lancer, and it's very much showing it's age. Should I just agree with whatever the dealer offers or try and sell it myself?

5. Last question! How much negotiating room do I have? Because I want to custom order my jeep, (I've looked on many dealership sites, they all have very generic builds) do I still have the power to ask for a good 10-15% off the MSRP? Can I also negotiate the trade in value of my current car?
Thanks in advance everyone!
>>
I drive my Rubicon daily. Its an awesome vehicle. Its fun to drive even if you arent into off roading. Go to jk forum and find the price thread. It will tell you what people are paying.

keep in mind the jeep is getting completely redesigned this year. It would be wise to wait for the new model

enjoy it
>>
>>14902055
Yea I heard about the redesign... My issue is that as a software dev, I'm always very very leery about first year or first releases of anything. I'd like to wait a few to see their problems hashed out. In fact the current JK model was HORRIBLE in it's first 2 to 3 years of release.
>>
>>14902044
>Chrysler product
>something reliable
Choose one.
>>
Fuck Truecar, something must've happened to their company recently. Everybody on here said you option out your car, register for the site and then you print out a certificate you can take to any Truecar dealer.

However, this is what happened. I optioned out a car, put in my contact info, and expected to get a price online. Instead 6 different dealerships called my phone over 70 times in 2 days, and they weren't telling me anything about price, just trying to get me into their dealership. And I didn't get any fucking price certificate online either.
>>
>>14902134
hmm interesting... yea I noticed, going through the process, they asked for contact info and that sort of threw me off as well... I was hoping to lock in a quote but I'd be the one going to the dealers
>>
have you actually test driven this piece of shit
>>
>>14902463
no, but I drove your mom
>>
>>14902581
to diner and the movie theaters and then safely back to your house.
>>
>>14902581
i was all set on it too

until i realized that unless i was planning on scaling moutains in moab that i was in for a miserable car that is extremely unfun and for boomers with too much money

i speak of the jk in particular
>>
Monitoring thread as I too am looking into getting a Wrangler, specifically the 75th anniversary edition.
>>
>>14902134
how do u ppl not know that truecar is now owned by a dealers lobby. They are no longer a reliable source for purchasing a car.

PLZ COPY AND PASTE THIS IN EVERY TRUECAR THREAD
>>
File: sarge.png (154 KB, 540x400) Image search: [Google]
sarge.png
154 KB, 540x400
>>14902708
Mate, the 7th anni model in greens looks so sick...
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.