[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is every fucking 80s turbo car a basket case when it comes to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: mitsubishi-starion-pure-evil.jpg (96 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
mitsubishi-starion-pure-evil.jpg
96 KB, 800x600
Is every fucking 80s turbo car a basket case when it comes to buying from non-first owner. Or is that fact that its early turbo?
>>
>>14898402
Turbos have been mass produced in cars since the 60s.
>>
>>14898402
A lot of it has to do with people not knowing how to maintain the things. They figure "oh, well I can just beat on it and use whatever I want on it! Turbo? What the fuck's that? That just means it's fast, right? Guess that means I can drive it like crazy wherever!"
>>
>>14898433
not affordable.
>>
>>14898467
in terms of what?
>>
>>14898569
Corvairs were >$20k adjusted for inflation
>>
>>14898402
This is the case for nearly every single non-first owner performance oriented car.
>>
>>14898591
and how many sold? a couple thousand at best.
>>
No idea OP. if the car is shit and beat on then it's shit and beat on

cars do not fit stereotypes as well as people think and really have to be examined as a case by case basis whenever buying a used car

you should know this by desu
>>
>>14898616
for the year I got the price, 7,206 of 103,745 made
>>
File: 1414962983028.jpg (478 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1414962983028.jpg
478 KB, 1024x683
>>14898402
Sure. All 25+ year old that haven't had any work done to them will be a PITA.

These things have a mile of vacuum hose, stupid broken 80's tech that work like shit.

I bought a Conquest myself, put a lot of work into it. Learned to wrench on it.

This was before the drift scene, and drift tax.
>>
>>14898719
>80's turbo cars exist that were maintained.
>>
>>14898673
That's barely anything in the grand scheme.
>>
>>14898719
Saw your gallery. That's quite a story your car tells.
>>
>>14898719
So you got your starquest (a late eighties car) before the drift scene, which happened in the nineties.
> learned to wrench on a new car
Or
> lying on an Appalachian basket weaving forum
>>
>>14898822
I dont know when the drift scene really started, but I got mine like 8 years ago, it was in shit shape, way cheaper than anything else, and was before "drift tax" was thrown around.
>>
>>14898822
I think he means before the drift scene got big in the US and all those cheap 80's RWD cars got chewed up and spat out by drifters.
>>
>>14898596
>implying the first owner will maintain it
turbos shouldnt be sold stock on the showroom floor imo. faggots think the oil change interval applies when you're burning oil at 6000rpm daily.
>>
Are starquests really that good for drifting? I mean they overheat just driving around town due to the lack of airflow.
>>
>>14898983
just need to modify the oil pan so oil doesnt slush around.

only cooling issues they have is due to lack of maintenance.
>>
>>14898719
>stupid weeb pic
fuck this gay earth
>>
>>14898402
>Is every fucking 80s turbo car a basket case
Rx7s aren't. They are so easy to put together that it hurts dumb peoples brains. Then they come shit post about it on a Indian rug making website.
>>
>>14899113
Sup reddit
>>
How most people with a Conquest, RX7, Supra, etc with a turbo think before they actually know anything about cars:
>"Turbo? I'll just turn up the boost"
>"No supporting fuel mods or wideband to monitor just in case?"
>"I'm sure it'll be fine"
>Blows headgasket/spins bearing/throws rod/melts piston
>"THIS CAR IS SHIT"
>>
>>14898983
They don't overheat due to lack of airflow. They overheat because like most 80's cars (actually all cars) people never maintained the cooling system. All cars are prone to this because people are stupid.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.