[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drift car build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: memecar.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
memecar.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
I'm interested in building a drift car. I've owned several cars in the past year and I really can't settle on one so for now I'm driving a MT 2006 xB. I'd really like to own a drift car that isn't too expensive...
S13/S14's are super overpriced I've found and most are abused or salvaged.
350z's are nice but I'm not sure what to look for, what mileage I should get (a lot of them abused but a lot of clean ones)
Miata - I've owned a 99 nB all though I hear they aren't the best drift cars. I'm 6 foot 4 so it's still a bit small for me.

Saturn Sky- I've owned one, I know there was a falken tire drift sky, however they're pretty pricey and I know my car will be beaten up.

Any suggestions? I'm located in Cali so most RWD cars tend to be overpriced.
>>
>>14819972
S13 if you live in SoCal your fucked any decent car is stupid expensive. I live in NorCal and there are decent cars for decent prices. If anything travel to another state and pick up an S13.
>>
I'm willing to travel. I'll travel up to a 6hr radius, I'm located in Corona. SoCal is a shit hole for buying cars. I used to flip but now it's just so damn hard everything is overpriced.
>>
>>14820005
Nevada and Texas are good places to look. California in general is fucked dude. So many people and car enthusiast so prices are stupid expensive. A buddy of mine bought an s13 from a White Texan dude for $1600. Also buy cars from white people. They give the best deals. Mexicans and Asians over charge and hide details about the car.
>>
>>14820069
You're right. Man I wish I could buy from Texas but it's a tad out of range for me since I only have weekends free. I guess Nevada is my only hope. I really would like an S13/S14 but over here for a piece of shit salvaged one with 200k + you can get it for like 3k if you're lucky
>>
>>14819972

Get an El Camino and bubba drift it.
>>
>>14820090
Yeah I'm looking for an s13 and I'm looking in the Texas Nevada area.
>>
File: DSC00196.jpg (283 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
DSC00196.jpg
283 KB, 1280x960
Considering your location, you might have to get a little creative to avoid going bankrupt just buying your base car.

>Automatic 240SX that jumped time, blew headgasket, spun bearing, etc.
>High mileage 350Z with drivetrain issues
These two will help you steer clear of the shitty market, because teenage Ryan Tuerck wannabes only want manual cars that run good. Don't worry about the drivetrain. Just drop an LS in that bitch. It's the standard swap for anyone who knows what they're doing, and it's best to go ahead and get used to drifting it.

Some better options:
>SC300
Add turbo, or 1JZ/2JZ-GTE swap. Super easy.
>SC400
Manual trans swap, or 1JZ/2JZ.
>GS300
>IS300
Add boost, or swap in a 2JZ-GTE
>Cressida
Easy 1JZ/2JZ swap, or a 1UZ
>FC RX7
Undesirable, so it's very cheap. LS1 swap.
>Miata
Ford 5.0 if you're on a low budget. LS1 for a higher budget. Thing will get FUCKING ROWDY.

There's some much more common, less desirable, and cheaper alternatives. There's more out there, though. If you want some more advice about everything, I can give you some contact info so we can chat about it.
>>
>>14820346
I really appreciate your advice! I don't have much knowledge of working on cars, but I'm trying. I don't really have any friends or people that can help me so I'm kinda on my own and keep to myself. I was looking at cressidas but Im afraid of doing daring things such as engine swaps since Im not familiar
>>
any bmw with a somewhat big engine
>>
>>14820400
Most of the swaps I've suggested are extremely popular, with kits available and full instructions all over the internet. As long as you're not one of those kids who buys a drift car as their only car, and expects to also DD it, you'll be fine.

There's the thing floating around about how if you can't drift with 100hp, you'll still suck with 1000hp, but that doesn't mean a swap right off the bat is a bad idea. I think it's best to learn on the drivetrain you intend to stick with, and just add power over time. There's a huge difference between a torque-less inline 4 and a good-sized V8 when it comes to getting sideways and knowing how to use your throttle.
>>
>>14820430
Good point. Yeah I have a DD. I like to buy and sell cars but I don't know too much about them. How much would an engine swap cost? For an example LS1 in a miata
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.