[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I do to give my 5.0 F-150 a lot more torque? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 43854047.jpg (38 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
43854047.jpg
38 KB, 499x374
What can I do to give my 5.0 F-150 a lot more torque? I'm going to be using it for pulling a lot of stumps this summer as well as some heavy hauling and I don't want a real tractor. Already looking at converting rear end to a dually, what else can I do?
>>
Get some good tires desu
>>
Get an F250
>>
>>14818935
Regear
Retard
>>
Supercharger.
>>
>>14819057
no shit. if im looking at converting to a dually why would you assume i wouldnt go to 355 or 410?
>>
>>14818935
If you're going to go to all that effort why not just buy a bigger truck or a tractor?
>>
>>14819103
Cause I've had it for over 10 years and I'm really fond of it. And I don't want a tractor because I don't really have a use for a tractor beyond pulling these ~20 stumps.
>>
>>14819249
Just hire a skidsteer and a stump hook for a couple of days.
>>
>>14819271
this desu. right tool for right job.
>>
If it's an older, BW t18 Trans and a 4.9l will give you more fucking torque then a dump truck.
>>
>>14819271
I could do that but I also want to beef up my truck and really get some good hauling power. It simply isn't powerful enough to do everything I want but I really want to keep it as opposed to replacing it.

>>14822061
Interesting, I've never been involved with an engine swap on a v8 but I do have friends to help.
>>
>>14818935
buy a vw tourag or something that isn't actually shit for towing?
>>
>>14822220
Not selling the truck fuck off mate.
Also my grandpa lost his arm in ww2 I'm not buying a German military vehicle.
>>
>>14822220
>buy a vw tourag so that it breaks immediately
fixed that for you bud
>>
>>14822188
I Don't think it would be worth it to swap your's unless you were serious. But if you have more money and are willing to, I'd just go with a 7.3td. Pretty much the same work but it'll cost you.

But with your current situation, lowering the gear ratio is easier. Preferably at the transfer case or you will lose highway mpgs.
>>
>>14818935
Drop a 460 in that sumbitch. Get some afr heads and a stroker kit. Easy 700 lb-ft of torque N/A on pump gas
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.