[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do "car guys" love to hate on the prius so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
Why do "car guys" love to hate on the prius so much?

I for one own a Subaru STi and a Yamaha R1 and I appreciate the prius and am marveled at the engineering that went into it. I wouldnt buy one personally because I enjoy speed and could care less about gas money, but a good majority of people view a car as something to get from point a to point b and could care less about quarter mile times. All they want is something economical and the pruis fits the bill perfectly.

I feel like the prius haters are just teens that use their interest in cars to appear cool while needing something to circle jerk about
>>
>>14619790
If you dont like what the car stands for thats alright. But you dont have to boast on the internet about how much you hate it. Its not like anyone is forcing you to buy it/ drive it
>>
>>14619790
I would have got the Prius but it was too expensive for me at 10k. I got a Mazda 6 station wagon for 4100. I rode in a friend's 2013 Prius and honestly was amazed at the tech inside. I want to get it to save on gas because it makes sense for me. Most of my driving is within city limits.
>>
>>14619790
My problem with it honestly isn't the car itself.
Its the idiots that own them
>>
>>14619790
I don't hate on the prius. Other than the design of the new one. They're great appliances for city driving.
>>
>>14619790
I don't think most of us do outside of how hideous it is.
>>
the people that hate on prius' are either man children that drive "i have a tiny penis" lifted mall crawler and people pissed that it does have a 5 million bhp V8.

The prius does exactly what it was built to do and does it very well.
>>
>>14617284
the current gen looks ugly af... at least the previous gen could be made to actually look good with a few simple mods (matter in fact it's the only car I can think of that actually looks better stanced)

plus there are much more economically superior solutions out there including
>nissan leaf
>chebby volt
>chebby bolt
>geo metro

also theres the Honda CR-Z which is available with a man pedal
>>
god damn it Clover

ignore the post number in >>14620071
>>
File: toyota-prius-camper-van-side[1].jpg (120 KB, 620x310) Image search: [Google]
toyota-prius-camper-van-side[1].jpg
120 KB, 620x310
can't wake up
>>
>>14620007
People also assume that Prius owners drive it to help the environment and save the world. No. People drive them to save gas.
>>
>>14619790
Couldn't care less about the car itself, but the owners are almost always snobby, holier-than-thou types when I see them at gas pump.
>>
>>14620080
I can't be the only one seeing a cock and balls here.
Jesus christ.
>>
>>14620080
da fuck lol
>>
>>14620381
Maybe you should have studied harder so you could move out of Oregon and not pump gas for a living.
>>
File: 1442034915552.gif (1 MB, 500x720) Image search: [Google]
1442034915552.gif
1 MB, 500x720
>>14621650

>Ass blasted Prius owner detected.
>>
>>14619790
Many people who are really into cars are also really dumb.
>>
>>14620071
The Leaf is electric only so not really comparable to a Prius, the Volt is good but needs to be kept charged to get great economy (still decent otherwise but not great), the bolt has not even been released yet, the Metro is an old POS and the CR-Z has poor performance, utility and fuel economy.

tl;dr another namefag with terrible opinions
>>
File: PRIEUS.png (437 KB, 767x311) Image search: [Google]
PRIEUS.png
437 KB, 767x311
looks like a fucked up taxidermy fox
>>
I actually like that people buy cars like this, it means there's more fuel for enthusiasts like us!
>>
I hate the prius because it's the most brain numbing car to drive. The steering, feedback, passing power, braking is so fucking bad.

Meanwhile cars like the mazda3, mirage, volt are getting late 30, early 40 mpg without the senses killing drive.
>>
I don't hate it, I just hate the owners and people who say it's "so good for the environment" when it does more damage than an old muscle cars lifetime just to make one
>>
File: steamstruggle.png (212 KB, 727x857) Image search: [Google]
steamstruggle.png
212 KB, 727x857
>drive parents' old Prius
>constantly a subject of ridicule among colleagues and friends
>drive on highway at or above speed limit, i.e. 75 in a 65
>always have people tailgating me, cutting me off, etc.
It's not fucking fair
>>
>>14623206
I know how you feel. At college so many people drive the fucking Prius and they are among the worst drivers I've ever seen. I swear to god some of these hipsters think that they are speed demons, and I just love to pass them on the highway. Also you don't save much money when gas is less than $2 per gallon and the car is expensive new with overpriced batteries. Like seriously I could get a Geo metro that gets similar mpg and that car came out long ago and it's alot cheaper plus man pedal
>>
Prius stigma is purely an American thing.
>>
It's the ultimate cuckmobile
>>
>>14621899
>The Leaf is electric only so not really comparable to a Prius
The tesla model s is electric only so not really comparable to a audi a8 tdi or the porsche panamera e-hybrid
>the Volt is good but needs to be kept charged to get great economy (still decent otherwise but not great)
it still has a bigger battery
>the bolt has not even been released yet
NICE OBSERVATION, YOU GET AWARD
>the Metro is an old POS
if I were to buy a POS, I would rather pay $500 for it instead of $30,000
>the CR-Z has poor performance, utility and fuel economy.
at least I wouldn't want to kill myself if I had one
>tl;dr another namefag with terrible opinions
>not knowing how opinions work
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.