[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ovg/ - Angry Yuropoors mad they can't into TurnLeft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 101
File: GRAB_150.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GRAB_150.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Welcome to Auto Video Games General. The place to discuss racing and driving games on /o/!

Previous thread >>14444121
New thread will be made at the bump limit (310 replies).

Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask!
>http://get-good.net

We have a mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Join the /ovg/ club in GT6!
>https://www.gran-turismo.com/ie/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1053805/

We have an UNO channel!
>#ovg on irc.rizon.net

We're racing on Saturday,Sunday and sometimes on Friday, check out this sweet doc
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc
>>
where that sonoma download at
>>
>>14454377
wiki, old thread
>>
We /twothreads/ now.
>>
4th for Von
>>14454301
>>14454339
>>
>>14454397
le full face helmet codriver face
>>
Do we have to shit on every one who organises a racing series? It's getting pretty old now
>>
>>14454408
Sorry Kraid.
>>
>>14454408
No just you Valrys
>>
>>14454391
Nah, I deleted it.
>>14454363
>An American caused the more shit.
>Tomthy was in the clear(surprisingly)
>James caused his usual shitstorm
>Angry europoors

sure thing buddy
>>
>>14454278
It was based as fuck, one of the best series. but it is quite dumb how von does not want to run superspeedways in the series even though people here seem to have fun on them at the pickups just because of some nascar memes.

So instead of allowing us to have a fun race he decides to throw out all the rules just so he can make sure we don't run superspeedways.

allowing for someone who have no oval experince to come in and cause incidents cause they have not ran in packs before >>14453679

and people who no one like that just come race here to prove points and make drama.
>>
>>14454408
Agreed, it doesn't accomplish anything
>>
File: a day in vonmoltkes life.png (43 KB, 332x283) Image search: [Google]
a day in vonmoltkes life.png
43 KB, 332x283
>>14454397
FUCKING SAVED
>>
I love when OPs forget to delete the →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→
>>
>>14454408
Gent is the best
>>
>>14454408
I don't think this is an orginising issue. iirc Von said this exhibition served to see whether if ovg could handle superspeedways(which it didn't). Von has laid out a decent league, with a lot of planning. The driving is what is lacking, and the fact he allowed James to participate, reminding us the reason why he is banned from mumble, as he started talking shit and generally being miserable towards ovg having an turnleft league, because we wasted 2 of his precious hours he spent into practising alabama. I bet the only reason he participated was because he wanted to show us how it's done with a "cheap toy wheel" etc. and then tell us that this league is doomed and make an article in his blog. But he didn't count for indy triggering him.

Thank you indy.
>>
File: a day in the life.png (304 KB, 830x974) Image search: [Google]
a day in the life.png
304 KB, 830x974
>>
>>14454602
i don't even turnleft but >>14443092 is pretty retarded
>>
>>14454602
>implying that's not aspirations whining and Barney shit posting

Also threadly post that isn't Barney
>>
>>14454742
Why would I whine at Von?
>>
File: madtytedog.jpg (46 KB, 645x349) Image search: [Google]
madtytedog.jpg
46 KB, 645x349
If we don't run Superspeedways, this series is pointless.
As an AMERICAN CITIZEN, I demand superspeedways on the calendar. It is simply not turnleft without them. Not racing them is self-defeating. We won't get any better at superspeedways if we avoid racing superspeedways, will we?
RF2 Talledega is FAR more challenging than in any other sim I've played, and it's refreshing to actually have to put effort into turning left when NR2003 let me do it so easily.

Last night was a lot of fun (imo) and the only reason it got old was because we still don't know how to tune the safety car, so 4 laps for a two-car crash was excessive. Reminder it was supposed to be 3 lap yellows.

Also we were clearly racing more aggressively because it's a non-points race, but there was also a shitter ruining everything.
This was not a particularly accurate test and the data should be ignored, we should run super speedways, and /ovg/ race series should never be easy mode.

also /dogrally/ fucking when
>>
>>14454742
>Also threadly post that isn't Barney

Fuck off dickhead you're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>14454751
so like, Katsuo crashed since he still can't drive properly in a pack of cars, STIguy who should not be there, was there and fucked up the place...and everyone is getting blamed for that ?
>>
>>14454751
Von does clearly not want to run super speedways, thus he won't give it an honest test.
>>
>>14454797

STI didn't even cause a crash that's the funny thing
>>
>>14454751
I agree. If Von would just fucking man up and enforce the rules he agreed to before the series even started (namely keeping people that haven't demonstrated they can pack race safely out of the series) we could have an actually fun turnleft league. Superspeedways are great as long as you keep shitters out.

>>14454797
Katsuo's lag was off the fucking charts. It doesn't matter if he can drive or not, his connection/computer is too unstable to let him in anymore. Sucks for him, but why would we let one person ruin it for everyone else?

And this STIguy meme is definitely the least funny forced meme in /ovg/ history. Everyone spreading it should gas themselves.
>>
are there any assetto corsa events happening?

i suck massive dicks with a driving force GT i have but enjoyed the Shuto Expressway map yesterday in an NSX and wouldn't mind some multiplayer shit
>>
>>14454879
>>14454908
well if STI didn't cause any crashes then i'm sorry for thinking that way
>>
File: 1454249508018.jpg (62 KB, 396x691) Image search: [Google]
1454249508018.jpg
62 KB, 396x691
>>14454920
pic unrelated
>>
Is there any way to play rfactor without a steering wheel?
I tried it with a controller but it was absolute shit.
>>
>>14454921
He caused a crash on the first attempt at the race that fucked up some people pretty badly, but after people for whatever reason gave that whiny bitch James his way and restarted I don't think any more crashes were his fault. For some reason ~4 people think it's funny to keep saying he caused everything after that when it was mostly a bunch of euros with shit internet and no idea how to turn left that shouldn't have been let in.
>>
Not gonna race /turnleft/ any more. Von fucked up, that's it.
>>
>>14454938

>mostly a bunch of euros with shit internet and no idea how to turn left that shouldn't have been let in

Well meme'd friend
>>
>>14454939
Bye Felicia
>>
>>14454920
There's been talk about plans for test sessions for a new GT3 series a few threads back, but nothing else is planned AFAIK
>>
>>14454938
>"bunch of euros"
>one dude with a PC that can barley handle rf2
>>
>>14454938
>>mostly a bunch of euros with shit internet and no idea how to turn left that shouldn't have been let in

This is what americans believe
>>
>>14454921
ze german said someone else who was not even near him was the cause of it too. He just lacks spatial awareness i guess
>>
>>14454961
AC's multiplayer is too limited compared to rF2 for most people to bother with a series in it, which is a shame because the rest of the game is breddy good.
>>
>>14454990
RF2 is built for league racing
>>
Reminder that STIguy did nothing wrong.
>>
What does Monaco and Greece have in common?

Nobody pays taxes.

But tonight's Legends race will be at Monaco.
Here's hoping we don't need to do a restart on first lap because half the field wrecked.

Link to mod:
https://mega.nz/#!EEMVCIqD!5uzQllm5UNOXLDHIucctIY3Hwqg1FAepcqSFGvPPyWQ
Link to tracks:
https://mega.nz/#!NUNQUK6J!e8QaxWHgsSAve5zA2IK0w0_38zjENA17ZS0TZfcFCrg
Link to templates:
https://mega.nz/#!kM12nJwC!1R-merhC2xKC0m8n_zf5SoB3_jVRKalGE97C0OBDGZc
Link to skinpack (1st edition):
https://mega.nz/#!BVFClCrR!gAioP11WZJ8PTuGAMAGO7dwEB7-8gbURgBUVGk4LyuY

If you still want to have your skin in the skinpack, I'll do a second skinpack as soon as there are three (3) more additional skins. You can send them to [email protected]
>>
File: 1450641012957.jpg (120 KB, 975x886) Image search: [Google]
1450641012957.jpg
120 KB, 975x886
What I've learned from American Truck Simulator so far:

- No matter how safe you try to play it, your tractor will always make wider turns than you expect.
- No matter how safe you try to play it, your trailer will always make tighter turns than you expect.
>>
any of you guys play f1, its the only racing game i have and Im using an old microsoft Sidewinder wheel i picked up at value village, im not competitive skill wise but i certainly could be. Which of the games you guys play is a lot is the least graphically demanding, im running an HD6950 and gta5 is unplayable
>>
>>14455168
Graphically undemanding racing games:
Rally Championship 2000
Nascar Racing 2003
F1 Challenge 99-02
Grand Prix 4
rFactor
>>
>>14455167
what I've learned:
-california has great roads but draconian speed limits and enforcement
-nevada has shit roads but you can't even reach the speed limit before you have to take an exit.
>>
>>14455190
Grand Prix Legends. The best one.
>>
>>14455236
american trucks confirmed for can't turn
>>
>>14455093
When was the skin pack last updated?
>>
>>14455093
Today's race is going to lack some gay pride.
>>
>>14455236
I assume ATS to be as accurate in displaying the US as ETS2 is accurate in displaying European countries, which is not at all apart from correctly colored road markers. I was looking forward to cruising along desolate scenic highways for hours, but instead it's all shrunken to far that you're across California in fifteen minutes.
>>
>>14455340
>assuming any dev will have enough autism to accurately recreate the entirety of the United States
That's a metric fuckload of road senpai. Even if they entirely cut out inner cities and service roads, and even most side roads, you're still looking at probably close to a 8 months for the flyover states like Montana and Idaho.
>>
>>14455093
Reminder that you want to set Rearview Cull="0" in your .plr file, otherwise your rear view mirror is going to get spooky in the final sector of Monaco.
>>
>>14454464
hey you know what if you force me to buy some shitty "hardcore driving simulator", practice all week to perfect driving in circles, and then during the race i might as well have been playing nascar on my xbox with a bunch of faggot children shouting into the headset, id be mad too.
>>
Hey, do you have facebook group?
>>
>>14455424
even if there is one I bet no one uses it

just like this ded secret club general.
>>
>>14455307
>(1st edition)
>If you still want to have your skin in the skinpack, I'll do a second skinpack as soon as there are three (3) more additional skins. You can send them to [email protected]
>second skinpack
It hasn't been updated.
>>
File: Daytona Road Course_22.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Daytona Road Course_22.jpg
267 KB, 1920x1080
Reminder that Event 2 of /ovgGT6/ 'Murrican Muscle is on today at Laguna Seca. The race room will open in the CLUB LOBBY at 20:00 UTC. Quali is scheduled to start at 20:30 UTC.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/ie/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1053805/event/1063760/
>>
>>14454428
>who have no oval experince to come in
I have oval experience from outside ovg, I just made one bad decision in that pack (I ran with everyone else fine the rest of the time), and had a lot of trouble hearing my spotter because I have my sound volume balanced assuming I don't have retards screaming in my ear, and I didn't realise how badly it was fucked until we got into the race.
>>
>>14455492

>Not making the spotter louder than VOIP

You goofed
>>
>>14455510
I didn't plan to be in mumble at all, and I had to fuck with my volume levels to be able to hear my engine over it, so I'm not sure why I then couldn't hear my spotter. People yelled louder in the race? Either way it gave me a few hairy moments and for long stretches of time I forgot I even had a spotter, which is probably why I didn't process that it was screaming INSIDE INSIDE at me when I caused that crash.
>>
>>14454462
He's just an asshole who just doesnt give a shit so it works great for running a series in /ovg/
>>
>>14455391
I wasn't talking about 1:1 scale, I was merely hoping for a slightly less dense map. It takes several hours to cross Europe in ETS2, and that was a finished game on launch. In a way ATS really does feel like a rushed reskin. Small starting map, only two truck models barring modifications, sometimes the GPS map still shows European style intersections even though the actual road layout is completely different, for example east of LA.
>>
>This entire shit storm

Holy shit guys it was an exhibition race calm the fuck down.

The driver approval thing will go into effect for points races only. Katsuo will not be allowed to run points races until he gets better equipment, sorts out his internet, and demonstrates he can run ovals with no problem.

I didn't see STI's incident so if you guys have seen something that you feel warrants a suspension or something, make a webm of it off the server replay and post it here. The way everyone was shouting I had just assumed it was a joke and STI hadn't done anything. If he did, post the webm and the lap number.

If you guys want to run superspeedways, you need to take the driving a little more seriously. The race yesterday pretty much devolved into a complete shit fest after 2 or 3 laps and it was clear everyone had stopped giving a shit. If you guys want to do plate racing and you want it to work, you have to MAKE it work. All the organizing in the world isn't going to make a plate race clean if the drivers in it can't be bothered to at least try clean racing.

Give me feedback and I can make changes to make this thing work. Don't shout memes at me and then wonder why I'm ignoring you.
>>
>>14455190
Adding to that: any of rFactor's spinoffs
- GT Legends
- GTR 2
- Race 07 + expansions
- GSCE
>>
>>14455393
Just how I like it
>>
>>14455636
>Holy shit guys it was an exhibition race calm the fuck down.
>The driver approval thing will go into effect for points races only. Katsuo will not be allowed to run points races until he gets better equipment, sorts out his internet, and demonstrates he can run ovals with no problem.
You inforced the rules at the test races. Why not at the race that saw if we could run super speedways or not?

>If you guys want to run superspeedways, you need to take the driving a little more seriously. The race yesterday pretty much devolved into a complete shit fest after 2 or 3 laps and it was clear everyone had stopped giving a shit. If you guys want to do plate racing and you want it to work, you have to MAKE it work. All the organizing in the world isn't going to make a plate race clean if the drivers in it can't be bothered to at least try clean racing.
How are we supposed to do that when you don't in force your rules, and allow people who are just want to cause drama to race? We did great in the pickup races at talledaga. We also did fine racing once all the shit heads left yesterday.
>>
File: d1860ff6d1.jpg (179 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
d1860ff6d1.jpg
179 KB, 1280x854
All the talk about Bathurst in the last thread got me wondering. How good is the version in FM6?
I like it a lot but I don't have anything to compare it to.

Also >tfw top 1% of times in pic related
Most of the top lappers drive Ultima meme machines, so I feel pretty good.

Still miss the Japanese tracks though. Suzuka was THE shit.
>>
>>14455636
Hey von. Could you replace sonoma with Montreal? It really is not a great track for these cars and i think Montreal would bring closer racing being such a simple track.
>>
File: Daytona Road Course_11.jpg (200 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Daytona Road Course_11.jpg
200 KB, 1920x1080
/ovgGT6/ 'Murrican Muscle event room is now open
>>
>>14455781
No I specifically DIDN'T enforce that rule at the test races. In fact I actively encouraged people who'd never done turnleft before to show up to the test races to get some practice. That's what the test races were for. I've always said the driver approval thing wouldn't go into effect until the season started.
>>
assuming most of the races in the OVG happen in project cars, whats the deal with all this DLC? are those like "official" packages and all the other street cars are mods? Who plays assetto corsa though, Im going to buy one lads but im not a big fan of really tweaked high perfoemance vehicles im down with lightly tuned jdm and the like
>>
>>14456344
>assuming most of the races in the OVG happen in project cars

That is a horrible assumption.
>>
File: 1452160943963.jpg (112 KB, 600x413) Image search: [Google]
1452160943963.jpg
112 KB, 600x413
>>14456344
>assuming most of the races in the OVG happen in project cars
>>
>>14456364
>>14456385
jesus lads, PC racing exclusively then. just tell me which game to buy ffs.
>>
>>14456398
rfactor 2 is what most of our leagues are going to be in from now on.
>>
>>14456417
>>14456398
But don't buy it ffs
>>
File: 1454366612829.png (2 MB, 1635x918) Image search: [Google]
1454366612829.png
2 MB, 1635x918
>>14456398

www.get-good.net

Search for rFactor2
>>
>>14456433
Well yeah, as long as you trust whatever Russians making the cracks aren't putting buttcoin miners in them or something. I'm 99% sure it's safe but I'd rather just buy it and not have to wait for updates.
>>
>>14455236
Remember that Top Gear where they brought supercars to USA? And they went like 150mph on the cars but edited to 60 because of >muh limits?
>>
File: omg3wide.jpg (668 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
omg3wide.jpg
668 KB, 1680x1050
>>14455939
Montreal is a harder track in stock cars than Sonoma though, because the main problem with stock cars is with 15" wheels and truck rear suspension they don't stop for shit.
>>
Sorry Panselmo, didn't mean to hit you.
>>
>>14455636
Von isn't a fundamentally bad series organizer. I lurk these threads every once in a while and he's not really doing anything wrong.

The problem arises with /ovg/ itself. This is NOT the same place it used to be. You are a fool if you think otherwise. All of the good drivers who took online racing semi-seriously:

>practicing for an hour or two each day leading up to the race
>treating the event with an ounce of importance

...all these guys have either left or been chased away. The result is that the field consists of meme lords who couldn't give a shit whether we were playing rFactor 2 or Burnout Paradise. They aren't really here to race, just to hang out and shout stupid shit on Mumble while frequently bouncing off walls and thinking this qualifies as "racing".

It doesn't. Racing simulators are only enjoyable if people are actually trying to race.
>>
>>14456519
>>
>>14456519
I hate to say it, but I agree with James. The guys who took their racing seriously have either left, stopped putting the effort in, or no longer have the time due to real life. Of course, a good driver doesn't need much time in a car he knows at a track he knows to reacquaint himself, or even learn a new track, but the less good guys aren't even doing the practice they need. The ovg servers are a ghost town recently.
>>
>>14456519

Can you please stop impersonating me
>>
>>14456541
This meme isn't funny. Stop trying to force it.
>>
File: The Crew2016-2-14-21-22-51.jpg (565 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The Crew2016-2-14-21-22-51.jpg
565 KB, 1920x1080
What happened to the Crew shill?
>>
>>14456519
>>14456539
>/ovg/ is not the community I want it to be
>>
>>14456519
Just like calling for a restart and bitching constantly after you don't end up in first place is great, right?
>>
>>14456435
>www.get-good.net
I dont have to buy it? or is everything you boys do mods on top of the official version
>>
FUCKING BULLSHIT 3RD WAS MINE. YOU HEAR ME?!

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE.

p.s. Nice battle larguu.
p.p.s I should also upload my webm too when I post it.
>>
>>14456479
its ok pham, i was angry for the connection lost in race 1 and overreacted. Also i think i bumped into you before. Sry for that and the overreaction too
>>
>>14456596
You can just pirate it. Most mods for it are free and the very few that aren't that we use someone will just upload and give you.
>>
>>14456525
>inb4 "hurr shut the fuck up your series got cancelled you dont know what youre talking about"

I actually get paid to run events at my local sim center. Now compared to me, everybody is slow as shit - hence why I willingly step aside and officiate. But the nights are always fucking awesome because people actually put in the time and effort to practice. There's never that one guy 4 seconds off-pace helplessly bouncing off the walls and shouting dumb shit over the headset.

Half the dudes that show up are old guys with real world experience looking to try these newfangled "vidya gaems", the other half are Forza/Assetto Corsa kids. Pretty much everyone leaves with mutual respect for one another. Last night's race ended around 10pm, and everyone stuck around for something like 90 minutes afterwards just bullshitting with each other.

/ovg/ doesn't have that crowd. They're all gone. No idea why there's a continued push for organized series when the people who made these series worth showing up to aren't around anymore.

>>14456580
So I can't bitch that the scoring loop is fucked up, but it's totally fine for the memesters to just ride around at the back and shout inane shit over my spotter?
>>
>>14456609
alright followng the instructions on the site, got the "ultralite", does the update file need to be unpacked in the same folder? there are quite a few
>>
File: icanquitatanytime.jpg (38 KB, 333x396) Image search: [Google]
icanquitatanytime.jpg
38 KB, 333x396
>>14456633
you know there's a local mute option right?
>>
>>14456633

You were crying for the entirety of race 1, did you really think winging for 20 minutes wouldn't lead to people taking the piss out of you?
>>
>>14456659
If I can't whine about scoring loop errors, you can't whine about intentional wreckers. After all, it's just an exhibition race :^)
>>
>>14456670

>there was an accident involving me so it must of been on purpose!
>>
>>14456679
I wasn't even involved in the first one.
>>
So, in The Crew, I'm just short of levelling to 40. But I'm stuck on this one Dirt class race, where everyone is at least a full 100 over my vehicle class.
I could do some random smaller events to level up, but what's a good way to level up my Dirt class car?
>>
>>14456633
>the people who made these series worth showing up to aren't around anymore.

You mean SJ?
>>
>>14456579
>/ovg/ is shit and I'm going to make sure it stays that way because muh memes muh thread culture
okay senpai
>>
>>14456641
Idk man I'm not poor so I bought it.
>>
>>14456766
Get to max level and grind platinums.
>>
>>14456766

Just do some skills to get parts

Or buy another car and give it level 40 dirt spec. It will probably end up higher
>>
>>14456670
Go bitch to ISI, you know, the people that can actually fix it, instead of shitting up the voice chat more than it already was with 20 minutes on continuous bitching about it that makes everyone hate you even more.
>>
File: rgiwzl_2016-02-14_11-57-16[1].webm (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
rgiwzl_2016-02-14_11-57-16[1].webm
1 MB, 960x540
Can we ban this idiot? Took 2 people out due to bad driving
>>
File: Lazerhawk.jpg (270 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Lazerhawk.jpg
270 KB, 1920x1080
https://youtu.be/eyZQUEMZlCU
King of the Streets babeeee
Mustangs can suck my tailpipe
>>
>>14456633
>/ovg/ doesn't have that crowd. They're all gone. No idea why there's a continued push for organized series when the people who made these series worth showing up to aren't around anymore.
Perhaps you should stop scaring them off then.
>bitched about how shitty the original ovgt3 was to Kraid and how BoPs were needed
>bitched about the bad racing in ovgtp despite sandbagging
>bitched about bad racing again in ovgsc
>bitched about bad BoPs to Gnik
>bitched about the update schedule and BoPs of ovgt3 to Valrys
>got SJ arrested
No wonder they all left. People want to play racing games for fun and have a good time, not have to deal with drama.
>>
File: Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg (528 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg
528 KB, 1920x1080
>>14456519
>>14456633
I'll probably get bashed on to shit for this but James is right here.

/ovg/ used to be different, it used to be smaller. I started lurking and posting semi-regularly to regularly when James first started /ovg/ what, coming on 3 years ago then? We were a closer knit group of people. We didn't have mumble or a wiki but it was okay. Tripfagging was somewhat acceptable due to the nature of the place and we had fun. Hell, it was the first /ovgt3/ race at Laguna Seca that properly got this whole Saturday night race series going.

Since then we've had /ovgt3/ Seasons 1 + 2, /ovgsc/, /ovgtp/, /ovgtouge/, /ovgF1/ Seasons 1 + 2, /ovgF3/, /ovgSM/ and /ovgRYOSB/. We also had the first /ovgt6/ series which started with the Megane cup cars at Apricot Hill, spawning pic related and then GT300's at Bathurst, Redbull Juniors at Trial Mountain and then whatever the hell we did after that.

We've done a huge amount together but these days, I think we've peaked. I pulled back around the time of /ovgtp/ due to work, the end of that is pretty much when I got taken on full time. Other people have pulled back or even out due to work, life, school or they've been chased out, like Cosmo or SJ.

Unfortunately too many people here now are trying to be 'le funny memers', forcing the James impersonation meme or the other shit we've had. Some worked and stuck, such as variations on Britfag Americano's name or 'Paltala is a Furfag' (Love you Bob), but some of this shit is forced and unfunny.

/ovg/ isn't the same and unfortunately, it won't be. It's not for a lack of trying on the part of people such as VonMolkte or Src and Blackdog with the Turn left and GT6 series respectively. /ovg/ changed, and it probably won't change back.
>>
File: trip.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
trip.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>14456964

>Tripfagging was somewhat acceptable due to the nature of the place

You should only use a trip if your identity is relevant to your post, i.e. series organising
>>
File: race start.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
race start.webm
2 MB, 960x540
Posting some race 2 webms
Mostly my battles and a bit from katsuo and Barney.
>>
File: Cape Ring Inside _2_tonemapped.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Cape Ring Inside _2_tonemapped.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>14456982
>Not realizing it was relevant to a degree.
>>
>>14456995
You tripfagging and watermarking your screenshots is why we found out you're a furry, you dumbass. Nothing you just posted was lent any more weight because you posted it with a trip on, and if anything it just discredited it or made sure it was filtered by a ton of people.
>>
File: peel them cunt.webm (705 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
peel them cunt.webm
705 KB, 960x540
Barney "Absolute Madman" Gumballs wins the "overtake of the week" award, sponsored by Fanatec™
>>
>>14456982
Excuse me for never having asked this before, but is this on youtube? Seen this for years but never thought it was an actual vid.
>>
File: Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_11.jpg (322 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_11.jpg
322 KB, 1920x1080
>>14457006
Correction. People found out I was a furry because I outright stated I was.

Plus who cares if I'm filtered by some. It wasn't to lend weight.
>>
>>14457027
Bullshit, you only said you were a furry because someone posted your furaffinity account or whatever it was and asked why you were watermarking your gt6 screenshots with a name only found on a furry website.
>>
>>14457027
See, you aren't the only furry in /ovg/, you're just the only one that is obnoxious about it. It's not relevant to the group so why even bring it up when it's just going to cause shit?

We have fun in the secret group talking about which /ovg/ members we'd trap in a fursuit and yiff.
>>
>>14457043
>We have fun in the secret group talking about which /ovg/ members we'd trap in a fursuit and yiff.
i should've fucking known
>>
>>14456887
>netcode sends a guy flying from minor contact

Ok.

>>14456910
Enjoying your revisionist history?
>>
>>
>>14457038
Proof. I'm fairly certain I pretty much said it myself. I tripped with the same name as my FA account long before I watermarked. Hell, I've used the name Paltala for like 6, 7 years now I think.

>>14457043
I know about Leoda. And it was brought up over a year ago.
>>
>>14457050
>Put James in fursuit
>Wont shut up about how it's interesting and 'not that bad', just starts saying 'noo' in a dull fashion when you try and play with his naughty bits.
>Says he's going to write a blog review on fursuiting after you let him use your sim rig in suit

Awful suit stuffing right there.
>>
>>14457061
He isn't the only other one.
>>
>>14456471
no it is not.
>>
File: How.png (234 KB, 286x496) Image search: [Google]
How.png
234 KB, 286x496
>>14456910
>mfw pointing out that the cars are unbalanced is "causing drama"
>>
>caring about what james thinks
Why
>>
>>14456964
you're my little fur friend :) <3
>>
>>14457024
https://youtu.be/YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>14456910
>>bitched about the bad racing in ovgtp despite sandbagging
Yeah because putting in the time to set the car up for every track in LMP2 to get memed every race was such a wonderful time.

>be like third fastest
>get dropped from the server by VonMoltke joining right before the race starts so he can run 25th in GT2
>>
File: sweet 360.webm (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
sweet 360.webm
1 MB, 960x540
Katsuo spaghetti 1
>>
>>14457124
>caring about what anyone says on the internet
Please, you people are so sad it's great entertainment to watch
>>
File: too hektik.webm (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
too hektik.webm
1 MB, 960x540
Katsuo spaghetti 2
>>
>>14457143
now that i think about it, id like to see an ovg dirt showdown series. most of us have it already because it came free with dirt 3.
>>
File: [vgw].webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
[vgw].webm
3 MB, 853x480
SNOW

>literally skifree 3d
>can go fast
>no yetis
5/10
>>
>>
>>14457054

>sideswipe sends guy flying

T-totally n-netcodes right g-guys?
>>
>>
File: [vgtg].webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
[vgtg].webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>14457190
>>
>>14457232
do they have snowboards?
>>
File: too ambitious.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
too ambitious.webm
2 MB, 960x540
And that's it for me.
>>
>>14457232
do they have bikes?
>>
>>14457246
>>14457288
not yet, just skis right now

They will add snowmobiles after snowboards are finished, according to their FAQ.
>>
>>14457190
looks like that one old ski game from Sierra
>>
File: Downhill_Domination_Coverart.png (183 KB, 256x363) Image search: [Google]
Downhill_Domination_Coverart.png
183 KB, 256x363
>>14457288
>tfw there will never be a game to surpass Downhill Domination
>>
File: KeYTCXu.gif (1 MB, 326x256) Image search: [Google]
KeYTCXu.gif
1 MB, 326x256
>>14456519
Not everyone is willing or have the time to invest as much time to sim-racing as you do. If the level of racing is not up to your standard, that's the point when you either search for better community or coach the one you're in. You certainly haven't done anything but mostly cause drama in threads and in mumble over the years.
>>14456633
>Explaining why your opinion matters
<Cognitive bias
>People who made these series worth showing up to aren't around anymore.
<Cognitive bias, personal experience as you find no joy outside of challenging yourself sim-racing wise within the community
>>14456964
>Go into length how everything was better when it was just a small group
<Of course it felt better because you felt part of it and nobody would criticise another since everyone was rather new to each other and had no long term history apart from a few who already knew each other
>Tripfagging was somewhat acceptable
<It's never been acceptable to use your trip to give your argument any validation, it's poor form.
> Other people have pulled back or even out due to work, life, school or they've been chased out, like Cosmo or SJ.
<SJ left because of James who ironically complains about the shit quality of the community while making it worse.
<Cosmo left likely because certain people would take things way too personally and turn against just to win an argument.
>Unfortunately too many people here now are trying to be 'le funny memers'
<Everyone is a funny memer to an extent, don't try to label an unidentified group of people who you could roll the blame on. James impersonation IS funny because of the aforementioned actions by him.
>some of this shit is forced and unfunny.
<Like your screenshot spam and shills?

A lot of people in /ovg/ and especially on mumble are clearly not from socially stable backgrounds and have their personal issues, but you can't force your personal preference of your ideology, how communities should be run or what your preferred pronoun is.
>>
>>14457368
You type like a retard and your shit's all dumb.
>>
File: lataus.jpg (32 KB, 636x532) Image search: [Google]
lataus.jpg
32 KB, 636x532
>>14457368
And remember kids:
Offense is not given, it's taken.
>>
>>14457368
>If the level of racing is not up to your standard, that's the point when you either search for better community or coach the one you're in.

You make it sound like "annoying teenagers shouting inane garbage and crashing into each other mere seconds into the race" is just a level of sim racing and not a clear sign /ovg/ has died a painful death.
>>
>>14457408
Well it does sound like iRacing as much as Forza.
>>
>>14457408
Name one Saturday series race where someone didn't crash in the first few laps of the race.
/ovg/ was never this godly good racing community, take off your rose tinted nostalgia glasses.
>>
>>14457419
if you were in the top 12 in ovgt3, you were among good drivers.
>>
>>14457425
What has this have to do with anything?
Nice strawman.
>>
File: all-new_x-men_4_lim_dj6sfv.jpg (266 KB, 997x1500) Image search: [Google]
all-new_x-men_4_lim_dj6sfv.jpg
266 KB, 997x1500
>>14457419
>Name one Saturday series race where someone didn't crash in the first few laps of the race.
>he forgot about the group a races we had
those were fun.
>>
>>14457425
Except Katsuo.

>>14457436
It's funny because you're retarded.
>>
>>14457408
>"annoying teenagers shouting inane garbage and crashing into each other mere seconds into the race"
>literally every series race /ovg/ has ever run, nothing as changed.
>>
>>14457190
>>14457232
what is this?
>>
File: 1280143295961.jpg (68 KB, 642x861) Image search: [Google]
1280143295961.jpg
68 KB, 642x861
>>14457461
>just replace the word mad with retarded.
>>
>>14457475
>being this bad at comebacks and greentext
>>
>>14457425
>/ovg/ was never this godly good racing community

Ok this is where you are wrong.

>risto
>guzzah
>cosmo
>james
>kraid
>Aspirations
>Derek
>Pope
>bob
>blood-1
>katsuo
>ze german

we had over ten drivers who could have held their own in any serious league (some of them did).
>>
>>14454879
but he did cause several crashes, even without all of the memeing about him causing crashes
>>
>>14454984
i said tomthy was the cause of the crash because i only saw him crashing into me, turned out tomthy got turned by stiguy which caused him to crash into me. stop being a retard please
>>
>>14457163
>most of us have it already because it came free with dirt 3.
since fucking when lad
>>
>>14457484
>have no original argument to begin with, just a strawman & complain about comeback.
You don't have much social contact do you?
>>14457502
>no point of reference, less than half raced on their own in other serious leagues and had raced before /ovg/
>>
>>14457502
>implying I wouldn't get lapped in a serious league
>>
>>14457550
so good drivers aren't true /ovg/ members?

what the fuck are you even on?
>>
>>14457502
Only person to do well in a serious league from that list is Risto.
>>
>>14457560
Nobody said that.
>American reading comperhension
>>
>>14457562
I will have you know I once beat iRacing's greatest IndyCar memesters in a league race.
>>
File: pcsx2 2016-02-14 16-09-38-21.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2016-02-14 16-09-38-21.webm
3 MB, 640x360
meme racer
>>
>ISI_BABYFACTORY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pac7Ev6CUMQ
>>
File: submit skins for the carpack.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
submit skins for the carpack.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>
File: Okayama_GT500_rf1.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Okayama_GT500_rf1.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>that feel when no good SuperGT mods
Why did it have to be the one with the gay Lexus SC430 Top Gear's worst car in the history of the world.
The current trio of the RCF, GTR, and NSX GT500 cars are so much cooler.
>>
File: SKINS.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
SKINS.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>
File: CARPACK.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
CARPACK.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>
File: Fuji in Prototype.webm (3 MB, 1280x540) Image search: [Google]
Fuji in Prototype.webm
3 MB, 1280x540
>>14457924

I was playing with it earlier today, the GT500 mod just feels like a slower Enduracers GT1 mod. It's pretty shit.
>>
File: round4_q_3.jpg (146 KB, 1000x599) Image search: [Google]
round4_q_3.jpg
146 KB, 1000x599
>>14457924
>DTM cars
>American Honda's NSX that looks like an Accord
>somehow superiour to HSV-010
I'm amazed you aren't allergic to air.
>>
File: lap2.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
lap2.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>
File: lyouregoingtoodarnslow2.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
lyouregoingtoodarnslow2.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>
File: SUGOSportsland_SuperFormula.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
SUGOSportsland_SuperFormula.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>14457938
SuperGT is such a good racing series it deserves better. I'm digging the Super Formula mod though.
I'm just happy that there's all the other Japanese tracks. Having Okayama and Sugo makes it worth it.
>>
File: hektik3.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
hektik3.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>
File: mightaswellbeazizin.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
mightaswellbeazizin.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>
File: goddammit.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
goddammit.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>
File: SUGOSportsland_SuperFormula1.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
SUGOSportsland_SuperFormula1.webm
2 MB, 800x450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QaqMvHbYJ0
>>
File: PetronasTOMs_rfactor_SFsugo.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
PetronasTOMs_rfactor_SFsugo.webm
3 MB, 800x450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwDij72_GNo
>>
>>14457526
Calm down my nigga, don't be trippin wite boi
>>
>>14457958
>DTM
Yes?
>>
>>14458012
it's just an ovgerhyped version of elms except replace p2's with dtm cars.
>>
>>14455786

Shame there's so little love for JGTC/SuperGT in simracing. The cars are amazing.
>>
File: 1422642134869.jpg (168 KB, 700x627) Image search: [Google]
1422642134869.jpg
168 KB, 700x627
>>14458263
>>
File: dssxwdqwd222.jpg (125 KB, 1404x936) Image search: [Google]
dssxwdqwd222.jpg
125 KB, 1404x936
What's /ovg/'s opinion on the last good class in endurance racing (lmpc)?

How would you all feel if someone decided to run these cars in a spec series in RFACTOR?
>>
>>14458427
i think tomthy would like it
>>
>>14458427
OVGPC was my idea, faggot
>>
>>14458427
I'd be down
>>
>>14458427
No, please. We don't need another shit series.
>>
>>14458427
They're fun but they have no traction control and are a meme so good luck.
>>
>>14458427
>a new series is being started on /ovg/ every week

seriously just stop
>>
>>14458575
>guys stop making series I don't want to race
>>
>>14458575
Hey i have this idea for a series. It is called run a new series every week, im sure you would like it!
>>
>>14458581

There is something called "over-saturation"
>>
>>14458610
We only have like two series going on right now that are on PC though.
>>
>>14458629
I just want something to bring people back together for a series. Scottie's series might die soon anyway.
>>
>>14458610
>>14458629
One is ovals so it doesn't even count and legends is a meme series anyway
>>
File: fredo faggins.jpg (57 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
fredo faggins.jpg
57 KB, 800x450
I need a pc game that is:

>not too graphically demanding
>has a good single player mode
>fun

Gonna play it on my notebook while laying in my bed, I plan on getting ultra-comfy.
>>
>>14458676
Ass Racing: Pro Peggers 2018
>>
>>14458676

Absolute Drift
>>
>>14458642
Same
>>14458645
Nice b8 m8
>>
>>14458695
ebin ;3

>>14458699
Not what I'm looking for, I want something more conventional
>>
>>14458699
>Nice b8 m8
It's not bait. Legends isn't on the same scale as our previous saturday series, there's no real competition or team rivalries etc and only 10 people show up. Lola series is the same.
>>
>>14458716
Fair enough, then just say that.
>>
>>14458676
Emulated GT4 B-spec mode
>>
>>14458755
sorry, meant to quote
>>14458695
>>
>>14458744
Correct, but Legends is meant for a Sunday series participation. But I get where you are coming from we need a good 25+ person series soon. If not in the next few months.
>>14458768
Ah all good
>>
File: Ovg bunker.png (158 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ovg bunker.png
158 KB, 1920x1080
Post your simracing doomsday bunkers
>>
>>14458789
really triggered
>>
File: D O O L E Y.jpg (516 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
D O O L E Y.jpg
516 KB, 800x500
>>14458797
>>
>>14458744
>no real competition
>only 10 people show up
oh hey look, a talking ass
>>
>>14459035
>14 drivers last week
>katsuo still winning every race
No need to get upset, i didn't call it a bad series. It just isn't a 'main series', which is what we're missing atm.
>>
File: beperfect.webm (3 MB, 960x400) Image search: [Google]
beperfect.webm
3 MB, 960x400
>>14458427
As a racing fan I enjoy the PC class as a series.
but due to religious reasons I can't do online gaming right now so I have to go register on the wiki and setup my stuff for multiplayer.
>>
File: superflo.webm (3 MB, 800x334) Image search: [Google]
superflo.webm
3 MB, 800x334
Daaaaaaaaytonaaaaaaaaaaa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_zAxPqKa8Y
>>
>>14459267
>enjoy the PC class as a series
confirmed for not having watched an IMSA broadcast in the last two years
>>
>>14459311
>people blame NASCAR for everything
>but somehow not ruining PC
It confuses me greatly.
>>
>>14459286
What movie?
>>
>>14459351
days of thunder
>underrated tom cruise movie
>>
>>14459351
power pls
>>
>>14459385
That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure
>>14459376
Oh man I didn't know he was in that movie
>>
File: Days of Thunder.jpg (1 MB, 2413x3229) Image search: [Google]
Days of Thunder.jpg
1 MB, 2413x3229
>>14459413
>I didn't know he was in that movie

wut
>>
>>14459902
Never seen the cover poster just heard people talk about it and shit
>>
shitposted from my tabletop sim tablet t. barnell gummybolls
>>
>>14460206
DELETE THIS
>>
>>14457054
>netcode
>not just being a shitter
>>
>>14458676
>has a good single player mode
stop right there. there isn't one
>>
>>14454462
I would go so far as to dub him 'the supreme' gentleman
>>
File: like clockwork.webm (1020 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
like clockwork.webm
1020 KB, 1280x720
Frank n Beanz Ring 0.86 for rF2 by SJ

todo:
-make trees look less shit
-fix a couple aiw niggles
-probably some other gay shit
-make trackside objects reflect where I actually fucking want them to

https://mega.nz/#!kk4BVYII!HB-zEj0zqGbWRusFI1DYZ-zXDxn815CE_iz-3rfRZNQ
>>
>>14460465
Oh man we should run this for the legends last race. The one who survives wins it all
>>
>tfw you lose iRating and SR to a guy who takes out 33% of the field but still manages to finish with positive iRating and only a small SR penalty
>>
File: R18TDI_Lasarthe_porschecurves.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
R18TDI_Lasarthe_porschecurves.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>14460417
yeah I agree. It's a compromise you'll never find the perfect single player. I have to use multiple games to fulfill my needs. There's certain go-to games I prefer for certain disciplines/categories of racing.
>>
>>14460473

She looks like Bernie. lmao
>>
File: GroupC_blachimontdrizzle.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
GroupC_blachimontdrizzle.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>14459267
I don't have that much experience at Rfactor. I mostly play arcade racing games or borderline sim-cade games. pCARS & AC looked interesting at first for the graphics and car-list. (Shallow reasons I know). So sim racing is a recent concept for me. Like games where you need to use actual throttle control and brake control not 'ABS'.
I try to train myself not to rely too much on the restart function in the game; and try to get a whole race and everything done in one shot. Like doing standing starts and controlling the wheelspin, safety car, pit lane entry etc. and just try to build up some consistency and keep it on the asphalt.
>>
File: GroupC_spa.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
GroupC_spa.webm
3 MB, 960x540
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4st6jPC-V74
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taCjOxl0MrY
>>
File: Historic_touringcars2.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Historic_touringcars2.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>14459311
I should have just said class. It's more seats and provides more opportunities for drivers to go racing. IMSA's whole approach is that it's supposed to be low-cost affordable racing overall compared to WEC and ELMS.
hey at least something partially survived the ALMS and got absorbed into IMSA/Tudor. I don't know exactly how that split in sportscar racing happened but in the history of IMSA they used to have cool prototypes that would run at Daytona. but now their prototype situation is all screwed up. DPs were a bad idea and now they're finally supposed to be getting rid of them.
>>
in GT6 is there much reason to do the 'coffee break' events? hitting 300 cones in a miata in under 30 seconds is ridiculous.
>>
File: FAzhuai_lightning.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
FAzhuai_lightning.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>14460669
In Rfactor being able to leave the garage, and have full control down the pit lane and have to hit the pit limiter is awesome, I wasn't used to that. I wish other games like pCARS were like that and give you full control in the pit lane.
>>
>>14460697
>Can't handle the coffee
People on /ovg/ (read: 'I') will make fun of you if you don't do them.
>>
File: 1445190326.jpg (246 KB, 583x388) Image search: [Google]
1445190326.jpg
246 KB, 583x388
>>14460696
It's the same shit as ELMS except with 10,000 year old prototypes to be arbitrarily American.
>>
Sometimes I like the older TDI over the E-Tron.
I feel like the TDI had better top speed but the E-Tron has the best handling.
>>
>>
OVERTAKE
>>
>>
File: RWD_Etron.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
RWD_Etron.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>
File: mulsanne_lightpollution.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
mulsanne_lightpollution.webm
3 MB, 800x450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znyTBHjS08w
>>
>>
>we will never have another ovgtp/ovgec
why even live?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 101

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.