[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fun car vs Truck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
I have a work truck for work/ daily driver. But for the weekends, I have my girlfriend's econobox Civic. I've saved enough to buy something in the ~$12,000 range. I've never owned a manual fun "sporty" car, but I am interested in the '05+ Mustang GT's, or thr Pontiac GTO/ G8. I also do a tiny bit of off roading, where a 2WD pickup would be plenty to get the job done. And after driven a 5.7L Ram, and chevies with regearing, of 4.10's or 3.92's or w/e, they really haul ass.

What do you guys think?

Need to expand from basic work truck. Another truck with low gears vs V8 car with a manual.
>>
maybe it's just me but this seems likes an obvious choice. I'd take a sport car over a generic pickup anyday
>>
>>14118922
I plan on going on some test drives. I've never driven an actual sports car. The internet seems to rave about miatas... something I just can't comprehend... With trucks... sure, when stock, are boring. With new gears in the differential, rear tires lowered PSI, it'll throw you back in the seat like something with a whole lot more horsepower.
>>
>>14118940
That's what's called torque
>>
File: KIMG0037.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0037.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
>>14118842
I have an 84 CCLB, it's 21 feet long. It actually holds the roads pretty great stock, I'm talking thrashing Wisconsin's twisty back roads 10 over and hitting 15 mph curves at twice that or higher.

You've gotta do it one handed so you can keep your other hand on the seat back or out your door window so you don't slide all over the vinyl front bench.

Fun as hell, 2bh.

It needs rocker panels and after that I'm gonna drop it two inches, go Watt bar in the rear, upgrade the front antisway, brace the frame, and do a compete poly bushing swap.
>>
Awesome truck man
>>
>>14119064
I want a k30 so fucking bad.
>>
File: Snapchat-20140723084908.jpg (377 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-20140723084908.jpg
377 KB, 1080x1920
>>14119064
Hands down hustling old tricks around the touge is one of the best feels.
>>
>>14119339
Mine's a C20, but yeah, this gen is the hotness.
>>
>>14118940
>it'll throw you back in the seat like something with a whole lot more horsepower
Wait til you drive a real sports car
>>
File: Dually 10.jpg (55 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
Dually 10.jpg
55 KB, 640x478
>>14119354
You couldn't get a crewcab 3/4 ton I thought? I have an 81 c10. I know yours is a 2wd, i just want a 4wd
>>
>>14119385
The internet keeps telling me the MX-5 Miata is a real sports car... and in todays world, where Camrys, Accords and Minivans are approaching and/or exceeding 300 HP... Idk about the whole Import sports car stuff that seems so popular...
>>
>>14118842
Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than fast car slow. Be logical; you're not gonna go to any raceways, just hoon on back roads. I drive a swb truck, not nible and not fast. Ill take it around these S curves by home at 50 (speed limit is 35) and its fun as shit. Now when i took my uncles charger around it at 70, i might as well have gone the speed limit because the car took it so well. Sure it was fun getting that car up to 140 down a back road, but not as thrilling as getting my lumbering truck up to 100 because it does it so effortlessly.

Truck:
>Slow but fun
>Doesnt handle as well, so more thrilling and can get the back end out
>Shit mpgs, but the is america so who cares? Just make sure it puts out a lot of power.

Car
>Fast, but does it easily
>Handles well, so boring drives
>Decent mpgs

You already have a truck, its a very functional vehicle and they're more fun than sport cars. But i get that you want something different. Why not try an older muscle car?

>>14119064
Oh that thing is beautiful
>>
>>14119494
Just to clarify, the car does it effortlessly, not my truck
>>
>>14119416
To be honest, the Miata was designed more for having fun than being fast. It's a sports car in that sense. Personally, I'd rather go fast, so I'd look into a Mustang or something like that. I've driven the 2015 Mustang GT and it can actually turn now, so I'd really consider that.
>>
>tfw fags in trucks try to race you

shit all over any truck except mawded dzls
>>
>>14119494
>You already have a truck, its a very functional vehicle and they're more fun than sport cars

>more fun that sports cars

i have two 2wd pickups and an ls1 trans am

the car is more fun in any scenario
>>
>>14119494
>Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than fast car slow.

no its actually not. only fags with shitty cars think this

i love driving my muscle car the speed limit with cruise control on :)
>>
What trucks from 2002 to now, can be found with manual transmissions? It seems like only Tacomas and Rangers do
>>
Sorry, make it, 2005 to now
>>
>>14119552
>muscle car
Not a sports car. Fast trucks and muscle cars were meant to go in a straight line. Sport cars are meant to go around corners.

I guess i shouldve said its more fun to drive something with shittier handling.
>>
>>14119582
my 04 silverado has it. Look for basic work trucks, they may still have that option. The only higher end truck that i knew of that had standard was some big ass dodge
>>
>>14119408
Nope, CC "20s are fairly rare, but they were an option.
>>14119542
Eh, I had a M3 for a while, the M3 was fun and all, but only came into it's own at like triple the speed limit. While I intend to make my truck handle a little better, I do think that hustling a truck is more fun at any given speed I'm comfortable being seen at (10-15 over in a 30 year old truck? No cop gives a fuck. 40+ over in a sports car trying for the same scare factor? Take me to jail). Seriously, in the M3 I went over 100 mph every day.

Plus you've never experienced weight transfer until you get the back end to step out under trail braking with a 168 inch wheelbase, on dry pavement.
>>
>>14120013
I mean, to clarify, I don't think there's an on-road thrill in a 2wd truck that matches overtaking a train at 155 mph (120 mph speed differential) as the road and the tracks follow each other through a long sweeping 90° corner on the floor of a river valley, before surging back up the valley wall as the road parts from the rail line, but fuck, that was way more likely to kill me or get me arrested than leaving a little rubber on the road hunting corners in my truck.
>>
>2wd ranger
>5 speed
>explorer rear end swap with 3.73s
>jeep 15 inch rims with all seasons

Fun was had by all
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.