[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ge/o/rgia WAT Meetup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 49
File: GeorgiaWAT.png (79 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
GeorgiaWAT.png
79 KB, 355x355
We had a Georgia thread previously in which we came up with a basic plan to travel up North Georgia during the week after Christmas.

All anon's are invited. Our current plan is to meet up at Perimeter Mall and then travel as a pack up to the Wolf Pen Gap area.

Dates, departure times, and eating arrangements have not been arranged yet.

We also would like to know how many are interested in going. All shitboxes welcome.

Help brainstorm pls
>>
I just bought my first car and I'll be back in Atlanta the first week of January. This is perfect timing.
>>
I'm in California for winter break negroes, shit timing senpai
>>
File: s3dmg2Z.png (499 KB, 1862x1536) Image search: [Google]
s3dmg2Z.png
499 KB, 1862x1536
Who's bringing the brownies?
>>
>>14074429
Holy fuck
>>
Ok so we are going to be eating at a restaurant I guess. No fuckin brownies.

What day is good for you guys? I need a couple days to finish painting my car so I will realistically be ready any time after christmas.

Like I said in the earlier thread, we should probably go during the week because traffic/cops.

As far as the timing goes I think we should plan to meet at the mall around noon. Then exchange numbers/names, maybe eat lunch at the mall and then head out north. There's another anon who is coming up with a map I think since I don't have the graphical means at the moment.

So far it looks like there's about 3 people who seem interested in going.
>>
OP here from last thread
>>14074399
>>14074418
>>14074492
The date is what I wanted to discuss. What is the best day/ week for everyone?
>>14074429
I was gonna bring hot cocoa

I guess now it needs to be sealed and prepackaged . .
>>
>>14074635
Yeah just bring some hot cocoa packages we can source hot water lol

I can definitely go between December 26th and January 8th.
>>
>>14074757
I was gonna pick up a a big fresh jug at dunkin donuts

hang on a sec, about to post route suggestion
>>
>>14074937
Sounds great
>>
Jacksonville FL here

Are you going to be close enough to the border that I can drive up you think? The FL meet is too far away for me.
>>
I would come but I'm too autistic
>>
ok, so what I put forward as the plan is

1. Meet at Perimeter Mall. Meet, chat, inspect vehicles, shoot the shit, etc
2. Head to nearest gas station for fuel/air/snacks then hit the highway
3. We would then travel 55 miles to Marathon Gas for last minunte hectic run inspections
4. Hectic suches loop run through 60/wolfpen gap/19 (can do multiples)
5. Quick stop at turners corner general store for bathroom, gas, inspections, etc
6. We would then take Richard B Russel Scenic Highway to Brasstown Bald (AKA the highest point in all of Georgia. I will branch off and grab a jug of hot cocoa to meet at the summit for cocoa time and food (not sure where to get food yet)
7. ??? exploration

That's what I got so far. Feel free to make suggestions.
>>
>>14075094
>Perimeter Mall
Damn, oh well.

Maybe we should set one up in Savannah in a few months.
>>
>>14075024
It says it's a 5 hour drive from you to the mall mayne. Just take 95 and go hang with flobros.

>>14075025
Can you speak english and drive a car? You should still come anon, it'll be fine.
>>
>>14075113
>Savannah

That is far . .

You would be better off coming to Atlanta, and then going to the meet the next day.
>>
>>14075094
Also not sure on when or where to eat either?
>>
>>14075094
Thanks for doing the research, I'm away from my PC and on mobile so that would have taken me all day.

That plan sounds fine. We can adjust towards the end of the trip if needed and just see how we feel.

>>14075025
We wouldn't mind at all. Try to plan to leave in order to make it on time. If you don't want to meet at perimeter then that is fine. We can exchange numbers on email that way we can all keep our ETA's in sync. My email is [email protected].

I would like everybody to stay close throughout the trip, with exceptions for the cocoa runs, etc. Always keep phone contact in case something goes wrong on the mountain. I can chip in some money for the cocoa once we are there midnight.

So far our list consists of me, midnight, Florida anon, and a few others possibly.

If anyone has a shit box that is unreliable, I can bring tools and fluids/parts if an emergency arises, but try to do a tune up before the meet.

As for the date, we still need to see what the best day within the 26th - 8th time frame is.
>>
>>14075121
its only a 15 min drive to perimeter mall for me but i have no money and doing things scares me
>>
>>14075158
If you beat me on the downhill I will give you a free tank of gas.
>>
>>14075156
It was me that posted that btw I forgot to set my name.
>>
>>14075158
My guess is the trip might be anywhere from 300-400 miles with roundtrip which in an ecobox is like $30 worth of gas. If you don't want to drive you can ride with me or a slower anon.
>>
>>14075168
>>14075213
i will be there in spirit at least
>>
>>14075239
Well you can still see us off at the mall then and if you change your mind can come. Malls aren't scary.
>>
>>14075094
New addition. We stop at the sonic drive in halfway up for food because *drive in*. Have food brought to cars, eat in lot with cars, listen to some tunes, and watch some teenagers rollerskate.
>>
File: 1435867006297.png (9 KB, 545x324) Image search: [Google]
1435867006297.png
9 KB, 545x324
>>14075362
Sounds like fun.

What days are good for you midnight? We will stick to that day unless someone else has a conflicting schedule.

I'm thinking the 29th.
>>
>>14075362
I forgot to mention there is a fee to enter brasstown bald of 5$ per person.

I'm thinking it's probably not worth it and pretty touristy. Up to you guys.

if it were up to me I would just drive the whole time, but everybody needs breaks and to stop and admire scenery.

>>14075403
My schedule is messy. The only day I know I have off is Sunday and even then my hours vary wildly. Everyone needs to post what day would be best for them.

For me a Sunday would be good.
>>
>>14075403
Unless of course we run this at night? Which is my favorite, but I didn't think it would be good for a group...
>>
>>14075438
Yeah that's a good point. I don't think we will need to do touristy stuff. Usually on the roads we drive on there's scenic pull off points where we can stretch our legs.

As for night time driving, I'm fine with it. If the crowd is small then I don't think it will be a problem. At this point we need more people to speak up to make a concise plan, especially if some of them wouldn't be comfortable with that.

Back to the Sunday thing for you. Are you talking about the 27th of December or the 2nd of January?
>>
>>14075438
Also what car do you have midnight? If it's more powerful than a washing machine then my miata might have a hard time keeping up :)
>>
>>14074429

was this for real?
>>
>>14075906
Considering /k/ it probably was
>>
>>14074492
If it's on the 29th I am so down. Chattanoogafag here
>>
>>14075584
>>14075859
Either one. We could start Saturday evening or Sunday morning. If do go with a different day then I'll have move quick as fuck as work (which now that I think about it shouldn't be too big a problem hopefully).

The fastest automatic shitbox in all of Georgia, a blue corolla. Once my credit lines up in a month or two I'll be getting an NB or MR-S.
>>
>>14075997
my thinkpad needs a new keyboard, excuse the mess

>>14075947
I didn't know after Christmas/before new years would actually allow people to come- huh.

We need a list of people now so we can vote on what day/time
>>
>>14075947
>>14075997

Ok so the 29th is a Tuesday.
Assuming Midnight can pull off of work early or we change the schedule to run at night, then we are left with the choices of choosing where to meet up.

Chatanooganon, I am guessing you don't want to drive all the way down to Perimeter mall just to go back up north, so maybe you could just meet us at one of the northern stop points we set up and then fold in.

I'm getting excited :>
>>
Earliest I can do is Jan 2nd
>>
Current list:

MariettaMiat - Yellow NA Miata
MidnightCinderella - Blue Corolla
Chatanooganon - ?
>>
>>14076078
start using names if your coming btw, it helps us keep track of everybody easier.
>>
>>14076069
I forgot if I have work the next day, I'd have to be asleep by 7 and this meet will be 6-8 hours round trip

Do you guys have Saturday or sunday off?
>>14076074
get on the list, we can change
>>14076085
no one needs to have a trip, just submit a name to MM
>>
Would love to join, and as long as I have notice, any day/time is fine for me.

I always wanted some excuse to do something like this.

Will probably be the slowest of the pack in a gray '12 Civic LX.
>>
>>14075906
no.
>>
>>14076078

>>14076074 here. Plan on coming in a silver Elantra.
>>
>>14076101
Any day and time between Christmas and January 8th is fine for me. Midnight, am I right in saying that you can only go on Friday nights through Sunday's before 7? That leaves us with:

December 26th
December 27th (no night)

January 1 (night)
January 2
January 3 (no night)

It sounds like January 2nd is the ideal day.

I think Blood Mountain is a great road for this.
Not too tight but not too straight. Looks fairly noob friendly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF_hnKrXQUQ
>>
>Current list:
Chatanooganon
Khezu- Elantra
SoutHonda- Civic

This is getting good. I was trying to see if there was other stuff we could do, but yeah, mountains are almost 2 hours away so were strapped for time as is.
>>
>>14076170
yeah this is really shaping up

I'm back at my PC I will see if I can come up
with a revised route for blood mountain. If January 2nd is the date then we should have all day to play with right?

I assume everybody excluding Chatanooganon is fine with meeting up at Perimeter Mall?
>>
>>14076170
Looked again, it's an hour and 15 mins to get up there. If someone knows something fun we can do before we head up or that's up there, we could fit it in.

>>14076162
We should go when everyone has a day off from work or the next day off.

I have sundays off, so noon time saturday to noon time sunday would be a good start time for me.
Do you guys have Saturday or sunday off?
>>
>>14075947
just an update, the 29th or the 30th is fine for me
>>
>>14076214
Ok great. Can you be at Perimeter mall at 12:30 on Saturday?

I'm thinking we should try to keep the meet during reasonable daytime hours. Less scary for anons so we might get more people to come.

I'm thinking we can stuff ourselves at the mall and then be good until we get up to the mountain, then possibly eat somewhere up north at the very end after the toe gay runs, then we all go our separate ways from there.
>>
>>14076236
Well damn, are you sure there's no other days you can go?

I'm thinking of making these a regular monthly thing so there will be other times if you can't make it.
>>
File: 3.png (359 KB, 1203x625) Image search: [Google]
3.png
359 KB, 1203x625
>>14076209
US-129 /US-19 is Blood Mountain. The route I have listed follows a loop from GA-60 to Wolf Pen Gap and down blood mountain

Then over and up the scenic highway. We then vote which road we do next.
>>
>>14076287
yeah, unfortunately just with the way the christmas break and travel and work is that's really the only time i'll have off, but i'm pretty pumped to do this some other time for sure
>>
File: Dawsonforest.png (340 KB, 877x527) Image search: [Google]
Dawsonforest.png
340 KB, 877x527
do some dirt road rally in the Dawson Forest City of Atlanta Tract.
>>
File: red wing pass.png (368 KB, 385x512) Image search: [Google]
red wing pass.png
368 KB, 385x512
>>14076313
>dirt road rally

It's funny you should mention this cause I went exploring for fun pavement and ended of finding my own dirt course in mt. airy.

It's not a good idea though cause flat tires and no spares for some people.
>>
Oh I have been thinking of mountain organization as well. We can two people with phones, one at the top and one at the bottom of the mountain. The first guy can go down and watch for hiding cops while going down, then stay at the base and watch for cops going up.
Another person can do the same at the top.
We can essentially just have people watching
for cops entering the mountain and then they will call the drivers phones to warn them if someone does come up.

This may not be necessary considering it doesn't sound like any of us will be going fast so maybe I am just coming across as autistic.
>>
>>14076287
>>14076309
Maybe should wait till Jan or Feb?
>>14076278
I can work with that. I'll try to make sure my slave hours don't make me late.
>>
>>14076309
Sorry about that. We will plan this farther out next time so everybody can plan a little better.

>>14076306
That looks good. I vote for that.

>>14076330
Lol no, I'm not doing dirt. I just painted my car and froze my hands wet sanding every panel on the car. If you guys want to do it then sure but I will just watch :P
>>
>>14076330
which is why the Dawson Forest is a good idea.

logging roads and civilization is only a few miles away instead of tens of miles or more.
>>
>>14076342
Nah we can do this one and then do another in Feb. No reason in stopping the whole meet for one guy out of 6.
>>
File: 10401014_199110.jpg (51 KB, 450x225) Image search: [Google]
10401014_199110.jpg
51 KB, 450x225
>>14076341
I've run the full loop very spiritedly, but only once, and did not get pulled over. My friend tells me he's only really seen cops run down motorcycles, but then again he only rides a cycle up there.

We have to take into consideration the group, skill level, and the fact those roads are sometimes crowded.

I would suggest taking it easy for the meet, but afterwards we could do a couple hard runs with anyone who's up for it if it's still day light.
>>
>>14076473
That's a relief. I don't want to make anyone feel pressured or anything and mess up. I can go up there and push it hard by myself some other time.

So is it confirmed? January 2nd, meet at perimeter mall at 12:30, eat, then go?
>>
File: otis-car.jpg (41 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
otis-car.jpg
41 KB, 500x293
>>14076516
I would really like everyone in the thread to be able to make it to the first one

No /o/tists left behind!
>>
>>14076390
I prefer pavement. What is there that's so great?
>>
>>14076562
Yeah me too.

As far as perimeter mall is concerned, I will try to be there early. I will be parked in the parking deck and you should be able to see the yellow miata when you first enter.
>>
File: roof mall.png (963 KB, 1029x603) Image search: [Google]
roof mall.png
963 KB, 1029x603
>>14076681
I like the idea of parking on the roof over looking the road cause meet and can immediately find everyone. Is this part of the roof accessible across from Marta?
>>
>>14076839
I'm guessing that you will probably have to go into the mall area to get to the top deck. Idk tho so we will see.
>>
>>14076874
Anyway, I will make some finalized instructions in a couple of hours for anons just seeing the thread, probably with a picture.
I'm going to be away from the thread for dinner until then f so if you guys have any more stuff to add do it now.
>>
File: roof mall.png (783 KB, 959x507) Image search: [Google]
roof mall.png
783 KB, 959x507
>>14076928
Alright, everything looks good as is- unless we want to add some more pre/post driving entertainment. I decided the roof is still a good spot since it will most likely be empty and it's a nice view. Let's aim to meet and park in the blue circle which is on the 3rd level. If blue circle is inaccessible, let's aim for red circle which is on the 5th level.
>>
File: roof mall.png (1 MB, 1353x573) Image search: [Google]
roof mall.png
1 MB, 1353x573
>>14077693
street angle in front
>>
Recent video of randoms at wolfpen
https://youtu.be/JJiJSAksScA
>>
>>14077930
>excitement intensifies
>>
File: GeorgiaWATfinalized.png (618 KB, 750x652) Image search: [Google]
GeorgiaWATfinalized.png
618 KB, 750x652
>Current list:

Chatanooganon
Khezu- Elantra
SoutHonda- Civic

This is most recent and hopefully final plan:

The event will be on Saturday, January 2nd.
Everybody will group up and meet each other
at the upper parking deck of Perimeter Mall at
12:30PM. We will then eat some mall food and exchange names and numbers/ get to know each other. It is crucial that we do this since I
don't want anybody getting lost from the pack if
for some reason somebody takes a detour or
misses a turn.

From the mall, we will go north to the Wolf Pen
Gap area, and do the routes suggested by
Midnight.

It will take an hour and a half from Perimeter
to get there, so we will be looking to arrive at about 3 to 3:30 PM. After driving around, doing some runs and such, we will see about finding some dinner around the area. Helen, GA has some pretty interesting places to eat. After dinner, people can leave if they would like, and people who would like to do some extra night runs can join me and stay.

The projected weather for Helen, GA will be a balmy 53*F with a chance of rain at about 50%.
However i'm sure it will be either another hurricane Katrina or a nice 70*F of fall weather because Georgia.

Anyway, if your shitbox is really shitty, don't worry too much. I will bring tools and oil and such along with me just in case.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to post them here or email me at:

[email protected]
>>
>>14078213
sorry scratch chatanooganon I forgot to delete him when I copied the old list.
>>
File: 4.png (216 KB, 375x467) Image search: [Google]
4.png
216 KB, 375x467
>>14078213
What happened to Chatnooganon?
Wait there's more

We are literally only using the mall lot to meet up, exchange numbers, hit the gas station, and then heading straight to the sonic drive in for food and to hangout for a bit.

Then we are going to the Marathon gas station for a final check/break before hitting the loop.

After the loop we were gonna stop at turners general store gas station to make sure we're all in one piece.

Then we would stop for hot cocoa at starbucks before a leisurely cruise up Russel scenic highway and the surrounding areas.
>>
>>14078291
Thinking about going but never done anything like this before. Anything I should expect? I feel like ill just be left behind in the mountains.
>>
>>14078651
You should definitely come. The more the better.

>corolla, civic, elantra, miata
>left behind

Expect to see the most beautiful and scenic parts of Georgia on a medium-to-light cruise through the mountains. There will be a good bit of motorcycles up there, but for the most part it's just some really fun windy roads.
>>
>>14078651
Definitely come, we won't be going that fast.
>>
>>14080480
Should I re -edit your post or are we making a final one
>>
>>14080712
You can make a final one since you know the route more exactly.
>>
>>14080753
anything you wanna add to the route? Any changes (need some input)
>>
>>14080756
I think your plan is fine. As long as the meet up spots and times are set then we should he fine.
>>
>>14080769
ok

Well if anyone else has any other ideas please let me know
>>
>>14074277
>Perimeter Mall
I live in Dunwoody, and will be out of town until January 3rd.
But don't let me stop you ;_;
>>
>>14080789
Would you be able to make it if we moved it to the 9th?
>>
>>14080794
Ya, but I'd hate to move the date just for me. Don't want to inconvenience anyone.
>>
>>14080805
Unless MM got emails from the other 3 guys confirming they are coming or they respond in the thread again, I'm not sure they are coming

We could move it out 1 week if we don't get a response
>>
>>14080813
Let's wait a day and see if they respond. If not then we can change it I guess.
>>
>>14080868
ok
In other news
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5343557979.html
>>
>>14080875
Get it
>>
>>14080889
But if I manage to get a loan from my credit union . .
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5352037644.html

decisions, decisions
>>
>>14080909
I usually don't get loans on used cars but if you can get a good interest rate then I guess it's not that bad.

I would inquire more about the rest of the car as well.
>>
>>14080954
He said it's all stock except the engine and koni springs/dampers when I texted.

I don't know much about NB's so I wouldn't know what to ask except if it has the LSD. Here's a vid of it in action.
https://youtu.be/HUlLJvmXl-M
>>
i live in georgia and im about to buy my first car when i get the money saved, im looking at the 15-20k range what do yall think would be the best i could do?
>>
>>14080963
If it's literally just suspension and a J series then I wouldn't do 13k. For 13k you could build a batshit insane V8 miata or a super mean turbo BP4W build.

You wouldn't have to do any work if you bought it like that though. I've heard that mini place is pretty good so you know it will be built right, but miata horsepower for dollar, that's not a very good deal.
>>
>>14080985
What are you going to use it for and what are your tastes as far as body styling goes?
>>
I should be able to do the 9th too but I can't really say for sure.
>>
>>14081009
honestly im not much of a car person but i would like something that can run well and carry at least four passengers, i go backpacking as well so something that can carry supplies and get across rough terrain would be nice
>>
>>14080993
v8's too heavy and aren't turbos more difficult to maintain than an NA setup?

Their mounting kit is $2500, engine probably was $1500-2500 and springs/dampers probably $1000-1500.

ODO has 175k and the new engine has 60k (apparently).

If the engine miles are correct, I'd say the car is worth about 11-12K which isn't bad if you consider labor.
I think
>>
>>14078816
A'it i think Ill give it a shot. I'll email if something comes up. Small chance i have to help a friend move up to Athens around this time.

Ill just stay safe and take it easy on my mazda 3 (no turbo, dont bully plz), but Ive been dying to see how it does on some decent turns.
>>
>>14081025
Old Toyota pickup with 4 seats
>>
>>14081044
I guess your right. V8's are only about 150lbs heavier but yeah, not as light as stock. I wonder what the weight of the J series is.

>>14081091
So what is the new day now?
>>
>>14081104
IS/10
>>14081091
All cars are welcome!
>>14081113
According to him, the car only gained 9 pounds with the new engine.

Day we go depends on who emails you really.
>>
>>14081120
I haven't gotten any emails yet. Looks more and more like we will be picking a new date maybe.
>>
>>14081134
We should have posted email in the thread, but meh
Just post it again. I'll email you now too.
>>
>>14081104
how much do they usually go for?
>>
>>14081171
Depends on the year, but a used one should be well within your price range

Here's my email btw guys

[email protected]
>>
I might be able to come in my mdx, kek. But I have work later on so I will probably just come and check out the cars
>>
File: russel scenic hwy 1.jpg (112 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
russel scenic hwy 1.jpg
112 KB, 720x480
>>14081188
Come up with us if you can. Good roads are fun no matter what you're in.

Pic of Russell scenic hwy
>>
File: mtn 1.jpg (15 KB, 236x218) Image search: [Google]
mtn 1.jpg
15 KB, 236x218
>>14081178
>[email protected]

Just emailed you. Thanks for keeping the list up to date.
I'll keep posting the roads we'll hit.
>>
File: mtn 2.jpg (187 KB, 1200x515) Image search: [Google]
mtn 2.jpg
187 KB, 1200x515
>>14081244
>>
File: mtn 3.jpg (1 MB, 2032x1524) Image search: [Google]
mtn 3.jpg
1 MB, 2032x1524
>>14081254
>>
File: mtn 4.jpg (142 KB, 855x575) Image search: [Google]
mtn 4.jpg
142 KB, 855x575
>>14081269
>>
File: eurobeat_intensifies.jpg (47 KB, 582x428) Image search: [Google]
eurobeat_intensifies.jpg
47 KB, 582x428
>>14081297
>>
File: mtn 5.jpg (31 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
mtn 5.jpg
31 KB, 600x340
>>14081324
Not gonna lie
Road is seriously fun at speed, but once you start seeing all the crosses sitting at corners and some fallen cyclists, you start to slow down quite a bit...
>>
>ga wat meet actually habbenig
>240 has cooling problems again
JUST
>>
>>14081373
Lol

I'll bring coolant if you want
>>
>>14081373
fix dat shit now
>>
>>14081399
Yeah do it I will help you if you want I really want a 240 up there
>>
>>14081405
I think his 240 overheated and melted him m8

we were too late
>>
>>14080813
Ya I can make it on the 9th, but I won't be able to join yall up in the mountains. I drive 1k miles a week and can't afford to put 300 more miles on it just for fun.
But I got some stickers, including an old WAT sticker, I wanna give you guys. So I'll stop by the mall whenever yall start.
>>
File: woody.jpg (271 KB, 1349x759) Image search: [Google]
woody.jpg
271 KB, 1349x759
>>14081753
I drive my car routinely for work too. If you can't put on any miles, you can always ride up with one of us. Granted my car is pretty cosmetically beat up from the previous owner, but we all love cars and driving- and that's all that matters.
>>
File: 79.jpg (275 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
79.jpg
275 KB, 1600x1200
If you love cars and driving, please come to the meet!
All shitboxes are welcome!! lol

Still I hope I get my Miata soon.
>>
>>14081796
Not a bad idea, we'll see. But I'll still stop by and give yall the stickers. Work said I need to stop putting stickers on my car because it doesn't look "professional".
>>
>>14081393
>>14081399
I'll look into it tomorrow
>car ran hot like 3 months ago
>got new radiator
>bled coolant
>car ran fine until yesterday
Might need new hoses or might have to bleed it again. Well see
>>
>>14081808
>because it doesn't look "professional"

wow, that fucking blows. I would look at trying magnets or suction cups so you can remove them for work.
>>
>>14081812
If you can't diagnose, you should at least have it looked at so you can DIY it proper.
Otherwise MM can patch you up if something goes wrong.
>>
Any of you mazda dweebs ever pop into mazmart down in Atl? I havent needed anything for my car recently but was thinking about taking a look at some point. Be neat to have a local source other than dealerships.
>>
>>14081963
I read on the mx5atlanta forums about it, but have never been. Apparently it's awesome. Would check out.
>>
>>14081858
Yeah Im gonna see if my mechanic can help me tomorrow. Or my uncle who's also a mechanic but he's in fucking newnan.
>>
>>14081805
Im still down for the 3rd but nogo on the 9th. Are we emailing to 'rsvp'? I guess best we could do is run with the average for how many peope are gonna show (and expecting for 50% or more to dip out)
>>
>>14082062
Same. Getting everything checked out on my car tomorrow, but don't know any mechanics. I usually just look for a extremely reputable place with a lot of ASE guys that have the blue seal. Always perfect work.
>>
>>14082091
What about the 2nd?
>>
>>14082112
Either or. That weekend is a-ok for me.
>>14082055
awesome. Ill check it out soon, maybe see if thet have something fun for my ecobox. Id like to get a better sound from it at some point.
>>
gotta let ya'll know that the authorities WILL be notified of this meetup
>>
>>14082564
Ok, so for now we'll move to 2nd. Email to get on the list so we know who's going and can plan accordingly.
>>
File: 0117151752.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
0117151752.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
SQUAD MIGHT COME
MAYBE
>>
File: 1444212500003.jpg (129 KB, 727x639) Image search: [Google]
1444212500003.jpg
129 KB, 727x639
>>14082617
Probably not that red 300zx
>it broke
>>
>>14082617
Do it man, would be cool. Just don't be surprised when me and MM outrun you guys on the downhill!
>>
>>14082637
>outrunning a daytona
>ever
Top kek
>>
>>14082617
MINUS THE TWO NISSANS
>>
>>14082617
WE HAVE GO KART
PLANNING V6 SWAP

GONNA SMOKE ALL OF YOU
>>
File: 3.jpg (82 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
82 KB, 960x540
>>14082651
It'll be an interesting run for sure.

Just don't be disappointed if you guys show up and see a lot of shitboxes. Some of us are still working are way up, but it's all about the drive to me.
>>
>>14082712
DAGUMI HAD A SHITBOX
DON'T NEED POWER TO GO FAST DOWNHILL
>>
>>14082724
Dagumi had a well maintained, clean, undented shitbox in mint condition . .

Either way, it won't matter to me the condition of everyones car as long as it runs.
>>
File: 1026151701.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
1026151701.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
I live in dawsonville can I just meet at the sonic if u guys are stopping there
>>
>>14082827
Sure! That makes me wonder now though.

Does everyone actually want to go to the mountains? Are there people unwilling to come to the meet because of where we're going??
Strawpoll
http://strawpoll.me/6321540
>>
Guys I'm back.

Email me at [email protected] to confirm

Right now I think we're on for the 2nd?

Anyway, bring as many cars as you can. I can have someone ride with me on the way if they need it.

I want a challenge on the mountain so don't hesitate to bring your fast cars
>>
>>14082585
Ok? They can come drive 300 miles and enjoy some scenery too idgaf. Id file a complaint for wasting my fucking tax dollars if they hoover around too long.
>>14082610
You or marietta?
>>
>>14083225
Marietta
>>
I'm coming along but will most likely be riding with Khezu.

but if not then I'm in a CR-V.
>>
>>14075156

I might come. Do I need to RSVP so to speak?
>>
>>14083573
email MM so we can keep the list up to date and make changes with everyones schedule
>>14083713
Would be good to email, but yeah you can just drop in.
>>
>>14083724

sending mm an email now.

You guys don't know how long I've been waiting for a meet up lol
>>
Send me an email to confirm your attendance. If you don't know then don't bother emailing. You can just show up at the meet but you won't have any say in the date if it conflicts for some reason with your schedule.
>>
Georgia meet? I'm possibly in

Kennesaw/Marietta area here, I have a wrx
>>
>>14083798
Definitely try and make it man. It's gonna be a lot of fun up there.
>>14083774
>then don't bother emailing
You can email, but just say your not sure yet and when you will know.
>>
>>14083856
*you're
>>
File: mako.gif (923 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
mako.gif
923 KB, 300x225
>>14084077
>not impact blue
>>
>>14083798
Fuck yeah please come
>>
File: JVQ5aGr.gif (948 KB, 500x164) Image search: [Google]
JVQ5aGr.gif
948 KB, 500x164
Well I streetviewed and surveyed some of the roads off of the loop.

I have to report I was not impressed. I think we're just gonna stick to the loop keep things simple and fun.

Gonna finish up the thread poster soon
>>
Are bikes allowed?
>>
>>14084238
Yes, all engines on wheels are welcome!
>>
>>14084254
Yeehaw. I'm located in Marietta. I guess I should shoot someone an email.
>>
File: nice.png (85 KB, 617x635) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
85 KB, 617x635
>>14084266
>[email protected]

Weather looks perfect for you. If you need to, we can carry your stuff if you want to bring anything.
>>
I'll tag along. Muh VK56 will shit on you inbred 4bangers.
>>
Alright so are we all on for January 2nd? I'm really glad to see this picking up steam.

To those who can't make it, don't worry. I'm going to be doing monthly meetings so we will get plenty of chances and have a month of planning to figure out your schedules. For now I'm inclined to just get this current show on the road so we can at least get one in during Christmas break.

Hope to see you all there
>>
>>14084326
Hell yeah motherfucker. Gonna be a power ranger. If we're gonna be in the Wolf Pen/Blood Mountain area that'll be great, since I ride there frequently.
>>
>>14084346
You aint ready m8, but you gon learn though
>>
>>14084386
Unfortunately my flight doesn't get back on that Saturday until 6pm, so I'll miss it. But make a thread for the next meet you do and I'll stop by.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
Can i come fellas how i feel like ill be awkward and a burden im in loganville
>>
>>14084537
I'm wondering if we shouldn't make a start time for the mall as well as a set arrival time and location at the mountain that way people who live way the fuck out can just join us there.
>>
>>14084483
I can do the 3rd if you really want to come?

Can everyone please say if they can make it Sunday Jan 3rd??? >>14084386

>>14084446
Yep, that's the spot for sure.
>>14084537
Yes of course!
>>14084564
I'm working on it, give me a sec.
>>
>>14084575
Ty ty
>>
>>14084575
Nah bro, Sunday is a day of rest, not a day of hooning.
>>
>>14084633
Ok, we will keep it for the 2nd
>>
>>14084575
I set up a meet once. Something i learned is to make a plan and stick to it. If you start changing shit because one person says something you will never have a good solid plan. Changing the plan for one person and wanting everyone else to change to that is pretty dumb.

>meet at mall at 10am
>shoot the shit for an hour in parking lot waiting for everyone to show up
>cruise for a while
>lunch
>more cruise
>parking lot to hang out and say bye

Keep it simple.
>>
>>14084685
That was the original plan. Just trying to get the best time and day, but were set now. Give me a second to update.
>>
File: run.png (387 KB, 1029x659) Image search: [Google]
run.png
387 KB, 1029x659
Alright, this is the final setup for the meet. We are going to kill 3 birds with one stone.

We are now MEETING FIRST, eating, fueling, and running checks at the sonic drive in on 11105 Crabapple Road, Roswell, GA 30075. It's connected to a gas station and car mechanic center so it's perfect. Also it's not to far from Atlanta so less traffic and it's still a straight shot.

SECOND, we will drive straight to suches and bear LEFT onto Stone Pile Gap Road and stop before making sure were all ready to go up at the same time.

THIRD we will run the loop 2 times. After both runs we will meet back on Stone Pile Gap Road where we started and count heads (no man/woman left behind). The first run will be leisurely as a group, and the second will be go at your own pace.

FOURTH we will then head to zaxbys (mmmm) at 58 Pinetree Way, Dahlonega, GA 30533. We'll hang out and see who wants to go home or run some more (I have sunday so I'll be out there A WHILE).

Is this ok with everyone? lol
>>
For future meet ideas, if yall ever want to take the 515 to the mountains, there's a great BBQ place built into a gas station along the way, in Talking Rock.
>>
>>14084876
looks like a fuck ton of fun. Wish I my state had sick driving roads. Good plan too. I like that youre hitting the loop twice or more. Good way to actually learn a thing or two about your car and your abilities.

Make sure to stress to people that driving at there skill level is a lot cooler than driving off the road. Niggas get hyped up and think they are Sena after just one fast curve next thing ya know they wreck
>>
>>14084920
their*
>>
>>14084920

I can't wait for the meet. I've been wanting to have some fun in the twisties forever and living in Alpharetta I'm about |--| this far away from road raging from the godawful traffic at any given time.

Just learned to heel-toe and finally starting to get it.

I'll meet you /o/tists on the touge in my EF.
>>
>>14084899
We could bring it up for the next meet if someone finds some good roads up there.
>>14084920
I'm sure we will talk about it beforehand.
>>14084960
good to hear man. We will see you up there.

I'm about to post times.

WHAT TIME IS GOOD FOR EVERYONE TO BE AT SONIC?!?!?
>>
>>14084972

EF guy here. Any time is good for me really.
>>
File: run spot.png (78 KB, 869x601) Image search: [Google]
run spot.png
78 KB, 869x601
>>14084972
nvm
EVERYONE TRY TO BE AT SONIC AT NOON!!
12pm

We will leave sonic in half an hour to an hour and be at the run spot by 2pm. If you are not going to sonic, please be somewhere along here on Stone Pile Gap Rd by 2pm.
>>
>>14084972
7pm, make it a night run, pussy
>>
File: 89.gif (1 MB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
89.gif
1 MB, 500x269
>>14085032
Daylight is safer, plus those that have time can stay and run at night with me and whoever else decides to stay.
>>
Contact info? I live in Atlanta and love to do this
>>
>>14085930
email MM to get on the list

Did you need a phone number?
>>
>>14086434

number would be good. who is MM? I didn't read through the whole thread (on mobile in bed) just the header and a few post.
>>
I am in full agreement with the plan and look forward to seeing you all there.

My email is [email protected]

We can exchange numbers over email since I think that would be safer.
>>
This better not be like the florida best buy meet.
>>
>>14087085
What happened, autism?
>>
>>14087085
Florida meet looked okay. You just need to relax man and enjoy the drive.

Plus we are going to an amazing touge. Should be very interesting.

Does anyone have any camera gopro equipment?
>>
File: 34.gif (1010 KB, 500x196) Image search: [Google]
34.gif
1010 KB, 500x196
>>14086465
see >>14087050

I'll email my number as well, and then just send out a mass email to everyone with eachothers numbers
>>
>>14087492
Thanks for the big help midnight
>>
>>14087595
Well I meant you'll have to send out the mass email lol

I'm almost done with the shitty poster I made in paint
>>
File: GA WAT MEET.png (387 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
GA WAT MEET.png
387 KB, 640x640
How are my paint skills
>>
File: JEFsiAp.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
JEFsiAp.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
I will go depending on how much you guys hate F150's
>>
>>14088355
All vehicles are welcome m8
>>
>>14088355
You can carry all the tools and snacks m8
>>
>>14088570
ayyy sounds good
>>
>>14084960
i love in alpharetta too mayne. whats up
>>
>>14088277
Gud
>>
File: 1328724340846065765.gif (2 MB, 636x288) Image search: [Google]
1328724340846065765.gif
2 MB, 636x288
>>14088277
>>14088615
Here's the pastebin I made with the details.
http://pastebin.com/nyyRC1rP
>>
File: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (1 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
1 MB, 5312x2988
Fuck i wish i could drive my car to the meet but its fugged:-(((

Ill probably tag along with a friend
>>
>>14088981
What's wrong? Why is everyones car blown the fuck out? lol
>>
File: 1449502417268.gif (2 MB, 352x290) Image search: [Google]
1449502417268.gif
2 MB, 352x290
I'd suggest everyone try to bring a walkie talkie. I don't know how good the cell coverage on the mountain is, but better safe than sorry.
>>
>>14089262
I have a verizon workphone. We just need to find another verizon anon and have him be at the back for the first run.
>>
>>14089193
did a twin turbo conversion but its got problems and i gotta yank the motor back out, most likely to rebuild
>>
>>14089368
Have a performance shop run a diagnostic?
>>
File: 0530152049b.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
0530152049b.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
Cant wait to just torque steer my way into a tree.
who is gonna be the one to crash? Its a tradition at /o/ meets
>>
>>14089552
Well whose car corners the worst... defiantly not the F150
>>
>>14089552
I admit I have made a couple mistakes up there I'm not proud of.
As long as you make sure to stay in your lane and don't brake mid corner and oversteer, you should be fine.
>>14089981
I think someone said they would be in an accord or CRV?
>>
>>14089552
Are you planning on getting hectic mate?

The person planning on enganging dagumi will be the first one to hug a tree
>>
>>14090083
I'll be in a Civic, dunno bout any other FFs with us.
>>
File: trela33.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
trela33.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>14090218
I'll be in a Corolla, but with my setup I can hold my own up there. Even with the slushbox.

That is a good question. Who is planning on pushing it on the second run?
>>
The autism fest awaits :>
>>
Can i just show up or do i need to email
>>
you have my interest... it's been a minute since I pushed the old shitbox, lets see if we can break her swedish might
>>
>>14090572
Doubt it. We're gonna be driving most of the time. Hopefully know one misses the turns on the second run and ends up in Tennessee.
>>
>>14090604
Either one man. The Sonic can hold up to 16-20 cars, but if you don't want to be left behind you need to give us a shout.
>>
God Damn you better do another one of these pretty soon. Kinda upset I won't be able to make it.
>>
File: wow.png (218 KB, 453x383) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
218 KB, 453x383
>>14090612
*no
>>14090610
Let them meatballs roll man
>>14090881
We will have another in February or sooner if there is a lot of interest. In fact, look at this little beauty I found. Maps it hates it so much it won't even route you on it. Might have to check it out and see if we can lock it down one down...
>>
>>14090924
*day

damn keyboard shenanigans!
>>
File: 7943726.jpg (142 KB, 1024x704) Image search: [Google]
7943726.jpg
142 KB, 1024x704
sp00py

So what's the head count at now?

Sonic can hold a little over 16 cars so we should be fine.
>>
>>14093623
I'm looking at around 8 Confirmed I think. I'm sure word will spread and we will get more but I think the parking lot should do fine
>>
>>14096260
Now all we need is a cameracar
>>
File: otisting.jpg (91 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
otisting.jpg
91 KB, 800x534
So any ideas for the next meet?

Highway cruise? Tail of the dragon? That pristine unused road I found at the Alabama state line (she really is perfect at street view)?
>>
>>14098000
Alabama one. I have been on it and there is literally nothing out there. No cops no nothing, it's essentially just a giant race track of unused roads ever since highways were built.
Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.