[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the sound system culture dead? Is it dependent on location?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
Is the sound system culture dead? Is it dependent on location? I haven't seen or heard many donking cars lately in SoCal. Only some mild bass and no ridiculous mods in local car clubs. Just amps, subs and in door speakers.

Do the stances have sounds or would that make their car too heavy?
>>
It's pretty much dead. At least in the fast n the furious sense that it used to be.

stancers dont care about weight. thats why they run 30lb ricer wheels. it just isnt cool anymore to have ricer audio. i dont know why it ever was.
>>
Another subculture I never got. Why put this much money into a soundsystem in your car when you'd get something much, much better with that money if you bought it for your home?

Anyways, I do plan on replacing the speakers in my car. No huge sub though, that's fucking stupid.
>>
Niggers ruined it for everyone.
>>
File: IMG_7154e.jpg (989 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7154e.jpg
989 KB, 1024x768
>>13959971
I traded a 12" subwoofer that came with my AE86 to a guy with a Datsun 510. It had a fuckhuge 50 lbs. housing. Basically a club in a box when he hooked it up to his amps and turned it on at 1/4 volume. Ever body panel vibrated.

I don't know why he wanted it, but I got a nice Rockford 6" sub in a small housing that's ridiculously loud anyway. More than enough for a tiny ass car that has barely any sound deadening and shit interior acoustics.
>>
On mainstream scale, for the most part, yeah. I mean, just look at people's reactions on this board whenever you bring up car audio.

>ricer
>nigger
>subs are fucking stupid

pathetic. for sure there is a correlation between the degradation of popular music and waning interest in sound systems. and, of course, shit taste
>>
so what new subcultures are there?
>>
>>13960662
Sucking dick and playing pc games
>>
>>13960662
Putting on a bunch of swag overload stickers, window banners, those rainguard things, plastidip, shit wheels, way too skinny tires stretched onto said wheels, and fucking with the suspension so it looks like a hot wheels car someone stepped on, and then vapin while you're scrapin
>>
>>13960679
Oh haha the vape boxes, thoose stupid things, idk how they drive when the entire car is full if smoke/ vape/ cunt juice
>>
>>13960685
Pretty easy when you're parked all the time I think. And let's not forget the fake chrome quick release steering wheel and dido shifter.
>>
>>13959948
Music sucks cocks today unless you know what to look for.
I still bump Hieroglyphics and Ice Cube and shit, desu senpai.
>>
>>13960688
What a great time to be alive
>>
>>13959948
I never did get the spl contests or the dvd player thing
media can be immersive without being loud
>>13959997
when you step up in diameter this allows a longer throw and thus deeper bass

although you can get alot out of small speakers with the right tuning
I used to run an 8" with 60 litre band pass box
>>13960656
the cunts who don't eq or just press the "loud eq setting"
and good lord normal cars have shitty sound systems now
back in the 80 and even late 90s the stereo was still somewhat optional
but if you did get something it was good
>>
Most millennials aren't tinkerers, and don't appreciate craftsmanship. Everything they know is mass-manufactured and consumable/disposable.

It shares some similarities to the way stance cancer has been embraced by the younger crowd. Sticker-bombing, rust, plasti-dipped shit wheels and stretched tires are all easy to do, and they make the car "unique", which is enough. There's no reason to invest the extra time and effort into making the car fast, or to learn the how to wire a decent sound system, build enclosures, etc.

>Modern music is shit
I don't see why this makes a difference. It may be shit, but it's not going to respond any differently to having the bass cranked absurdly high.
>>
>>13959948
Uprated sound systems in cars are still popular, but I don't think people make as big a deal out of them nowadays.
>>
>less awful noise disturbing people at night
>this is somehow regrettable
What kind of mouth breather are you?
>>
>>13959948
Modern cars have decent sound systems now and its harder to fit in a stereo and sound system since everything in the interior is so intergrated now
>>
Where can I learn to redo my cars stero system and add a sub/amp? Would it be much more expensive to take it to this garage that specializes in audio tech?
>>
File: biatch.jpg (82 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
biatch.jpg
82 KB, 625x417
>>13959948
it's dead, as you should be
>>
Society is having a minimalistic phase. Right now life is like were trying to "redo" the 70's, 80's, and 90's with 20/20 hindsight. We take stuff we love from those few decades, simplify the stuff into a modern version, but keep the nostalgia factors (windbreakers, runner shoes, 90's movies, boarding/rollerblading, bucket hats, pretty colors/designs, etc.) Sound systems are like AE86's, to most people into cars, a nice 86 is a sight to behold and snap pictures of; but if you ask anyone who doesn't know the story and culture behind an 86 they'll call it an old, slow shitbox (kind of is but we don't care). So nowadays people who want a sound system just stick in a sub & a tape deck and will be fine with it.
>>
>>13960696
>le wrong generation

Modern rap has it's great moments. Underachievers, Mick Jenkins, Joey Bada$$, FBZ, Vince Staples. Freddie Gibbs, all Black Hippy members. Shit man just look deeper.
>>
What's the point of installing a sound "system" composed of giant subwoofers that completely distort and drain out any sound aside from THUMMMM THUMMM"?
Is it just another attention whore retard thing that plagues the car community?
>>
>>13959948
Pimp My Ride culture died.
>>
>>13960696
>music sucks cock today
>listens to ice cube
okay
>>
sound systems are still really popular in australia, especially among the lebanese community
>>
>>13960656

I (>>13959971) mainly meant that huge subs were stupid because they take up quite a bit of space in your car. And I, for one, care about cargo space. Especially since I don't drive a huge vehicle.

And I want a subwoofer. Just not a huge one.
>>
>>13964906
Really? Is that how you would set up your sound? You must be retarded. No wonder people think of audio as a "plague", it's these dumbasses....
>>
>>13964210
>Sound systems are like AE86's, to most people into cars, a nice 86 is a sight to behold and snap pictures of; but if you ask anyone who doesn't know the story and culture behind an 86 they'll call it an old, slow shitbox (kind of is but we don't care).

I think they've reached an age were they're seen as esoteric classics. Reminder to older people what used to be common on the road and a nostalgia, baseless or not, for the younger. I wasn't a fan of 80s boxes in the 90s, but something changed in the middle of the 00s. Hated the look of C4 Corvettes but now I'm looking at them fondly for fuck's sake.

Most people who have no clue what 86s are tell me it reminds them of a DeLorean. Others think the pop-ups are interesting and talk about how they or their parents had something like that.
>>
It's an era of headphones, not stereos.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.