[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dew Trail CYOA #20
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
Info: http://pastebin.com/9LsCaFcU
Quick Summary: 426 Packard is running and driving, Dad has a 440 6bbl Road Runner. Sounds like a recipe for fun.

>>13921225
"I'm gonna go check on the Packard, need to see if I can take it for a spin."

"Packard?" you hear Dad ask Carpenter

In the hangar sits both the Packard and the Chrysler, the latter of which is being worked on.

You walk around the Packard to take a look at the exhaust, didn't have an exhaust when you bought it so you don't know what it's supposed to look like, but it looks like something you'd expect on a stock vehicle with dual exhaust.

"Did what I could, damn thing has 4 mufflers, got an h-pipe like the real Hemi cars too." Russel tells you from his tire chair

Has to be quieter than it was the last time you drove it at the least, something tells you it's still not going to sound like a Packard should. You take a seat and fire it up, not bad, you've got a 426 Hemi that's stealthier than your 350. Can't shake the feeling of it sounding not like it should but it's probably not going to be picked up by most of the people out there.

"$30 sound like a good deal?" he asks

Hell like you know, you pay the man and go on your way.

"What in the world..." Dad asks as you roll up

"You don't like it?" you reply

"Well...it's somethin', wasn't expectin' you to go buyin' old 2nd rate luxury cars with that race money."

Sounds like a good reaction with the goal this car has. Carpenter gives you a wink, apparently not having told Dad about what's under the hood.

"Oh come on, it's not that bad."

"Naw I don't reckon, I just planned on using the gas pedal in the Road Runner some, you might wanna go ahead and start towards the Lassiter's farm. Might get up 'ere 'bout the same time after I drop Dale back off here." he replies jokingly

Oh man, Dad talking a little smack!
>>
>>13924090
Dad and Carpenter get into the Road Runner chuckling, you both keep it sensible on the dirt entrance road and out onto the main road, somehow resisting temptation to peel out. After a few seconds Dad downshifts.

"Meep Meep!"

A) Match whatever speed Dad does.
B) Try to pass him.
C) Sandbag like crazy, it's just an old Packard after all.
D) Go on to the Lassiter's. Slowly.
>>
>>13924092
A, don't show our full potential
>>
A
>>
Packard would have better rear seats; plus, easier access with 4-doors.

Voting A.
>>
>>13924092
A.
>>
>>13924092
A
>>
Also, I vote for getting the radio fixed.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>13924208
And the cigarette lighter
>>
>>13924092

C. Let dad win.
>>
>>13924092

A just enough to prove its no slouch, but we don't want to outshine dads brand new car, let him have this one.
>>
>>13924588
A. This
>>
>>13924588
A) but changing to this
>>
>>13924092
A
>>
>>13924092
A
>>
A
>>
>>13924588
This.

A.
>>
>>13924092
4 mufflers doesn't stop the car from sounding mean when you get on it, you keep a good distance but let it be known that you don't have a single problem keeping up.

So weird hitting 100 in 3rd, just how fast can this car go?

If you're going to find that out it's going to be at a different time, Dad puts on the brakes to slow it down shortly after reaching the speed, that was about a 40-100 mph sprint and it didn't take that long.

Not long after Dad turns around to start the drive to drop Carpenter off, he's got a grin on his face. It takes no effort to get the rear to swing around and get caught back up.

"What you got under that hood?" Dad asks walking over "They sure didn't move like 'at back then!"

Heh, time for you to do a little showing off, you pop the hood.

"Go-lly!" Dad exclaims after he lifts the hood

"Don't worry Rich, a little bit of work could have that 440 leaving it in the dust." Carpenter replies

"Naw, I ain't doin' all that, it's fast enough as it is..."

They go back and forth for a while before finally agreeing to part ways, at least it doesn't go on for hours this time.

"You drivin' that thing up 'ere?" Dad asks

"Thomas agreed to help me out with something when I was there yesterday."

"Hmm, so you already friends with 'em?"

"Uhh, wouldn't say that, they're just a pretty friendly bunch."

"Ahh, good to hear the young'ns are just as nice, ain't seen him or Julia since they were about 2 or 3."

Wonder if that means they're older or younger than you?

You both set out on a leisurely drive through the country until you make it to the Lassiter farm.

The big Chevy truck is outside along with the Corvair van, you prepare yourself for an evening of thick accent and step out of the Packard. Looks like Julia and Thomas are in the shed messing with that truck
>>
>>13927670
"You can go talk with 'em if you want, Imma go catch up with Frances and Paul." Dad lets you know

A) Nah, you'll head inside too, can't miss out on any stories after all.
B) Maybe they could use an extra set of hands on that truck, least you can do with Thomas already agreeing to help out.
>>
>>13927676
B, lets level our mechanical skills.
>>
>>13927676
B and than A if still possible
>>
>>13927676
B
>>
>>13927676
B
>>
A
>>
>>13927676
B
We can swap leggin' stories with pops if he ever finds out.
>>
>>13927676
B first and then A if they haven't left yet
>>
>>13927676
B
>>
>>13927788
This. B then a
>>
>>13927676
Sounds like a good idea to get better acquainted with those 2. They're about as covered in grease as usual.

"You guys need any help?" you ask walking into the shed

"Not unless you can help get 6 carbs singin' together."

"I still don't see why we don't just go with a 4 barrel, we don't need 6 dang carbs!" Julia replies with a scoff

"Come on, look at it!"

"Oh I am, have been all mornin'!"

Oh boy, you stumbled in here at a great time... is that a damn keg in the bed of the truck?

"Hey now, won't be much longer, more we keep yappin' the longer it'll be. Besides I already agreed to let you drive it 1st."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah..." she replies getting in the truck and firing up

Well this is about the loudest thing you've heard, you're sure it being in here isn't helping, it sounds rough but you don't know if that's from that big cam or just the carbs needing work.

"You know how to use one o' these?" Thomas asks, holding up some gauge

You sure don't, he reads your face or something, hands you that and a screwdriver, and shows you how to calibrate and use this thing without you replying. You do one side while Thomas does the other, the idle winds up sounding better but still rough, now you can only assume it's from the cam.

Still more semi-yelling back and forth communication to make sure all the carbs get the equal amount of work come after that. You're seriously glad you only have 3 carbs between your 2 cars, this would get old quick.

You learned something though, so you can't complain too much.

"Not so bad is it? She's just bein' whiney!" Thomas jokes "Goose it, Julia!"

Your fucking ears goddamn, time to make a note to never go revving up an open header car in a shed. They both look like they're having the times of their lives though.

"We need to a burnout to break it in if it's good to go!" Julia yells
>>
>>13929551
"Heck, we need gas anyway!" Thomas replies "I'd ask if you wanna come along, but unless you wanna ride in the bed they ain't no room with the shifter! we'll get started on that Packard when we get back!"

A) Hell, why not ride along, should be fun.
B) Something about riding in the bed of a ratty truck with a built Hemi unnerves you, you'll wait in the house.
>>
>>13929556
B
>>
B.
>>
>>13929556
A
>>13929593
You need to live more.
>>
>>13929556
B
>>
>>13929629
Well I was going to pick to take the Packard and line up against the truck for a race, but you fags would want to give them the race out of pity.
:^)
>>
File: dodge_1941_truck_001.jpg (96 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
dodge_1941_truck_001.jpg
96 KB, 600x399
>>13929735
>Well I was going to pick to take the Packard and line up against the truck for a race,

Shit, why did I not even think of that.

We have C for race now.

>but you fags would want to give them the race out of pity.

They might not have the traction to do it at the moment, but we might not have to give them anything if we race them.

>Packard racing something that looks like this
>>
>>13929780
I change my a to c
>>
C
>>
Revised to C.
>>
>>13929556
>>13929780
C
>>
>>13929780
C
>>
>>13929780
C maybe we could give them a couple car lengths advantage to make up for their shit tires.
>>
>>13929551
>we don't need 6 dang carbs!
Hell yes they do.
>>
>>13929780
C it is then.
>>
>>13929780
C)heck our car potental
>>
File: 1447795363324.jpg (66 KB, 453x679) Image search: [Google]
1447795363324.jpg
66 KB, 453x679
>>13927670
>So weird hitting 100 in 3rd, just how fast can this car go?
>>
File: 31392new392002-vi.jpg (151 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
31392new392002-vi.jpg
151 KB, 800x600
Don't know if I'm getting a post out today, should be able to though.

>>13930663
Not even the final form of Offy Hemi intakes either.

>>13931157
The '55 is in 4th at around 80, by time 100 rolls around it's running over 5,000 rpm.

Packard has all of 4th to go and won't be getting wheezy 10 mph later.
>>
Bump desu
>>
C)ome on feel the noize

now we only need a Teague roll too :^)
>>
Post probably won't be until tonight, since family shit and what not
>>
>>13932882
Fuck thanksgiving, im at work
>>
>>13932882
>Family
>Not us
Dont be such a normie, Opie
>>13933354
same
>>
>>13929556
"Maybe we can have a little race or something!?" you reply

"Ahhh, I dunno, them tires ain't gonna hold up to the power!" he yells from the passenger seat "We'll see how things go!"

You do suppose it would be better to test it out a little before you go racing, besides maybe watching the truck will give you an idea on what to expect. They sit there pointed towards the exit until you hop in the Packard and get it turned around.

This is likely to be the weirdest race you'll be in anytime soon. That truck still looks like it should be in a junkyard and the Packard was just pulled from one, and somehow they're both packing Hemi V8 engines. The truck hits the asphalt already billowing smoke from the tires. Probably not a good indication of power given how skinny those tires are.

After cruising through the winding roads you make it to the straight road with the gas station, no people selling goods today, not much traffic this seems like it's going to be the only place to get a race out. They gun it, probably doing about 35, and the tires still light up. Julia backs it down to the speed limit for the rest of the trip, you both end up getting some gas.

Both of them look giddy as can be as they hop out of the truck. Thomas goes in to buy something while Julia walks around the truck.

"What you think?" she asks

"Looks fun."

"It is, even more than I thought it'd be! Thomas said you want a race, but you saw these tires ain't no count, so I got a offer for you."

This should be interesting.

"That Packard's got some big tire on the rear and Thomas said it's got a powerful engine, ain't no way we can keep up from a stop, so I say we hit it from a roll on the way back."

Well you've never raced like that...the Packard seems like it would be good for it though.

"Or." she adds on "If you wanna give us a few lengths we got a good spot for a drag."
>>
>>13934754
A) Roll race
B) Drag
C) Why not both?
D) You changed your mind, no race.

If we're racing.

A1) No need to go powershifting or anything.
B1) Like you want a greater chance of losing to a rust bucket, powershift!

>>13934257
I like you guys more than the majority of my family lel, but there's 2 cliques that are my best motherfuckers and I like spending time with them.
>>
>>13934762
A) from a dig
A1)

Also how does one accomplish C?
>>
>>13934771
Do one then the other.
>>
A
>>
>>13934762
A, B1
We haven't pushed the Packard at all.

But I'm wary of Teague's drivers or Teague himself.
If they're around, we're gonna have to run away.
>>
>>13934968
Nobody will recognize the car though. But in the future we should avoid letting more people know we own the car so that if its seen by teague or his officers it won't be recognized
>>
We need to tint our windows
>>
>>13934762
A, A1.
>>
File: 330_02.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
330_02.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>13934762
>I like you guys more than the majority of my family lel, but there's 2 cliques that are my best motherfuckers and I like spending time with them.
Dam right you like us best.
A, A1 lets test our new car. Would vote C but worried about LEO's. What gearbox came with the Hemi btw?
>>
>>13936497
Exactly this
>>
>>13935457
This senpai
>>
>>13934762
"I'll give roll racing a shot." you reply, given how quick it's been from a roll you'd like to think you'd still win

"Alright then, as soon as Thomas gets out here we'll go, just pull up next to us when we tell you to."

Few seconds later Thomas comes out with a couple of drinks and some snacks, after talking with Julia he nods his head and starts over to the passenger side.

"You be sure to honk, this truck ain't got no horn." Thomas tells you

Julia motions for you to pull up next to the truck almost the instant you hit the road since there's no traffic, a couple honks gets the race going.

You jump ahead with your own tires fighting for traction as the truck smokes the tires, almost instantly dropping to your rear bumper. As the speedo climbs they manage to stay right there, by time the Packard hits 80 you're pretty sure that rusty ass truck is pulling on you! You can't believe it, the damn thing is already dead even and still pulling as you drop it into 4th.

105, that truck has a fender on you, Thomas is looking back in disbelief. The pulling doesn't stop there as they put a good 2 or 3 car lengths despite how fast you're going, eventually their pulling slows to a crawl and you're sure you're about to start reeling them in, shame the road is about to get curvy so the race is basically over as they have to slow down. You look down at the speedo...

130 miles an hour! Holy shit! Still had some revs left too, that 140 speedo might get buried one of these days.

Still, first time you race this car and you lose to an old rusty truck, awesome. If it was from a dig or the road was longer things probably would've went in your favor, either way you have to give them credit for putting together a fast as hell truck.

The truck parks over by the rest of the vehicles back at the farm, you assume that means for you to park in the shed.

>>13936497
A833
>>
>>13937980
"Guess it's time for some fat tires, huh?" Thomas asks as he walks into the shed, looks as giddy as he did back at the gas station "By the way, who's car is that?"

No shit talking? Weird. You can only assume he means the Road Runner.

"My Dad's, he's inside."

"Ahh, I see, oughta be supper in about an hour, we should try to get started on that car of yours."

Julia walks in a few seconds later, with the 3 of you working on it it doesn't take long to get the car all prepped for the work that's about to be done. Thomas asks you a question that hits like a train.

"You got shocks and springs right?"

Sonuvabitch, you didn't even think about that. Not that you've had a chance to buy any since Rob's was closed yesterday and all of today has been spent with Dad.

"I'm takin' that face as a no, we keep a stockpile of parts, should have some. As long as you got somethin' to trade that is."

A) You have close to $500 in your wallet. Everyone likes money, right?
B) Those cheater slicks seem like something they could use.
C) Rob's is open today, you could just go buy new everything.

If B or C

A1) Ask Dad, if you can use the Road Runner.
B1) Ask if you can get a ride.
>>
>>13938011
C b1
>>
>>13938011
Great writing dude. One of the best parts of my day.
B, B1
>>
B, B1. Never used those slicks anyway
>>
>>13938011
C, B1
>>
B, B1
>>
C b1
>>
Waiting on a tie breaker, will get at least one more post out before I go to sleep.

>>13938763
Ayy, I do what I can. Glad you like it.
>>
B, b1
>>
>>13938011
C, C1
>>
>>13938011
"I got a set of cheater slicks back at the house, were on the car for maybe 5 minutes."

Looks like that's good enough for the both of them.

"Sounds perfect to me, what you think Julia?"

"I'm all for it, all we need to whoop on everything is some traction." she replies

Yeah...no reason to race them anytime soon unless they want to give you some lengths if they hook up, if it wasn't for the loudness and rough idle it would make the perfect sleeper

"We'll take the van, just wash up a little with the rags in that bucket, ain't lookin' forward to cleanin' grease out the inside again."

Aww, you wanted a ride in the rust bucket. Don't guess it matters as long as you reach your destination. You and Thomas clean up best you can, Julia isn't coming apparently.

"Reckon I'll get started on doin' what I can while you're gone, I ain't workin' durin' supper time!"

"Alright, if Paul or Ma ask just tell 'em we went to pick up some tires." Thomas replies before you start towards the van

Isn't as comfy as the VW, nowhere near it, could probably fit 9 or more people in here to make up for it, has a radio too. It's tuned in on an expected country station and provides the background music for the nearly conversation free, relaxing ride into town.

"Don't see how y'all can do with livin' like this, yard ain't good for nothin', no nature, heck, you could spy on your neighbors just by standing on the porch!" Thomas says jokingly when you arrive at home

Oh come on, we got a few trees and some grass, sometimes a deer even shows up on the outskirts! You have done some spying... definitely not from the front porch though...

"It's nice being a few minutes from everything though... tires are just around to the side here." you reply, walking around to the side of the house

"Oh yeah, them'll do nicely!" he exclaims "Let's hurry it up so we can try to get our hands dirty again before we gotta eat."

>>13941260
Literally just finished B man
>>
>>13941267
The return trip is more of the same as the first trip, only this time Thomas looks like he can't wipe that smile off his face. That and it feels like it's taking forever now, you really need to get all of this done before it gets late, no idea on how long eating will take.

To your surprise Paul is standing in the entrance to the shed when you get back.

"There you boys are, food ought to be done in less than a hour!"

"Great, I'm starvin'!" Thomas replies

You start to follow him in the shed to get to work but Paul pulls you off to the side.

"Pardon me for pryin' Jamie, but just what are you needin' that car done up like this for?"

Ahh hell, you can't say you're too surprised when he has 2 younger siblings working on the car, you'd be curious too. He was one of the guys who ran around with Dad so maybe coming clean would get a shot at some tips, but if Dad finds out... you can't imagine he'd be too pleased. Hell, for all you know Dad sent him out here.

A) Tell the truth, you're going to be running moonshine.
B) Stick with the lie you told Thomas, you wanted to beef up the car due to your work with Carpenter
C) "I heard something about racers having their suspension like that, seemed like a good idea."
>>
>>13941275
Oh dick. He's onto us.
Better go with B)
>>
>>13941275
C.
B is suspect as fuck.
Why the need to go fast if you're moving legal items?

We won a race, we're a racer.
:^)
>>
>>13941275
B isn't a lie, we'll be moving parts with this ride too, no doubt. And hemi coz who wouldn't want to?
>>
>>13941275
B, we cant afford to have everyone know about us. We just give them rough estimate of the weight for our shine and try to get some suspension done around it.
>inb4 bad roll and our suspension geometry is fucked
>>
B
>>13941356
We need to go fast because racecar
>>
These are farmers, they could be super chill with moonshine, but we still don't want dad to find out so B but drop a hint or two and see their reaction
>>
>>13941275
"Movin' parts for Carpenter, didn't want the rear draggin' around."

That face doesn't make him look very convinced.

"You need all that engine for some parts?"

Ah hell.

"Wanted the car to be able to get out of it's way when it's loaded down."

"That big ol' Chevy over there ain't got a problem, and it's just a 6 cylinder."

"Ahh, but the car needs to be fast, gotta have some fun with it."

"You sound like Thomas and Julia." he replies with a chuckle "Don't wanna keep you from your work for too long, thanks for answerin'."

Don't know if that went well or not, still doesn't feel like he's convinced. Whatever, time to get to the Packard now.

Majority of the work gets done before Paul yells out that the food is ready, as long as they feel like working after eating you should be able to get it all done this evening thanks to Julia working while you and Thomas were gone.

As soon as you hit the door you don't know if you're going to be able hold back yourself, probably going to be the best eats you're going to have for a while going by smell alone. You get shown to the bathroom so you can get more of a proper washing up before eating. Not used to the whole family get together with grace being said and all of that jazz, but the food is great. Conversations jump around all over the place but it's a pretty good time.

>>13942699
We have suspicion that they still deal in it anyway.
>>
>>13944485
"So, you talk to Al yet?" Paul asks as nearly everyone is finished eating

He can't actually know can he, you'd think that would've been brought up by now.

"Naw, don't even know where to find the guy." Dad replies

"He's got himself a little hangout on the outskirts o' town these days."

"Hmm, he still partyin' and raisin' Cain?"

"Heheh, that I don't know, I find it hard to imagine he's changed any."

"We might head out there if you got directions, that is if my boy don't pop on me."

Frances was obviously trying to kill you with all this good food...

"You up for another trip when you finish 'at car?" he asks

A) Sure, Al doesn't seem like the guy who would come out and say something stupid.
B) Nope, he can go if he wants but you're cruising around in the Packard when it's done. (Should probably get your own tag for it one of these days to switch to.)
C) Nope, you think you got the itis, you're going home when you get the chance.
>>
A)l time bois
>>
Austism: The Thread
>>
>>13944570
The entire board is the most autistic of the ones I post on lel, at least I keep the shit to one thread.
>>
>>13944570
But that's not a FF vs. Manual vs. NA vs. Automatic vs. US vs. Turbo vs. FR vs. EU thread anon kun

>>13944513
A
>>
File: 1439255827332.jpg (54 KB, 600x610) Image search: [Google]
1439255827332.jpg
54 KB, 600x610
>>13944513
A
>>13944570
>>
>>13944570

>stop liking what I don't like

Fuck off back to /b/ edgelord
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
>>13944570
A
>>
i cant believe this CYOA is still going! ive been here since the beginning, every day reading updates, i never thought we would get this far, keep it up though OP, i appreciate reading this, its become part of my daily habit,
>>
>>13945930
Same here OP, I look forward to reading your posts every night/ morning. The slow pace makes it suspenseful and more enjoyable, love you mang. Thanks for the entertainment.
>>
>>13944513
"I'm up for it, shouldn't take much longer to finish the car."

"In that case I suppose we should get to work on your car." Thomas says

"Y'all can finish what I started can't you? I think I ate too much." Julia replies with a pat on the stomach

"Pfft, you're gonna get fat!" Thomas jokes

"It's worth it!"

Oh indeed it is.

"Shouldn't take us too long if you're in a hurry." Thomas tells your dad

"Take your time, we still got a lot to catch up on." he replies

You and Thomas wrap up what work is left, the sun is starting to creep behind trees so the timing couldn't have been much better. Working while stuffed wasn't a good experience though.

The car has a noticeable rake, should look like a normal car when it's all loaded down, might have to find something to keep back there when not running. Thomas hops on the trunk, the car doesn't seem to care at all.

"I think she's good to go, hope you didn't like how it rode."

Yeah, that "luxury" ride is as good as gone now.

"No problem there, appreciate you guys helping me with this."

"Aww no problem, always willin' to help if we can... think Imma get get those tires on for a little spin while Julia is in there nappin'!"

You move the Packard out so the truck can get in, no way to jack it up on dirt. There's one good thing about that truck being loud, it gets Dad and Frances outside, you suppose they were too busy talking the first time around. Doesn't make the conversations stop, you really need to get going now, you hop out, but of course about the time to make it on the porch farewells are being said.

"Don't y'all be strangers now, y'all welcome up here anytime." Frances tells you both

"I'm sure we'll be back up 'is way Frances, was good seein' all of you."

You're guessing nothing was said to Dad or he's just waiting one, back on the road you learn a way to Al's sticking to the backroads, pretty sure it's quicker than going through town on top of being more discreet.
>>
>>13946988
Man, it's weird coming in from this direction.

Al's looks dead, you don't know what time the place closes but it's probably close to it. Looks like the Lincoln, Jake and Sharon's bikes, along with oh shit, no fucking way, there has to be another yellow striped Corvair lowered on those exact wheels. Mike sitting out here complicates things, he's likely just getting some work done to the car, no way he'd have a lead to come here...unless he somehow found out about you selling yesterday, no idea who Erika sold to or who came by while you were inside.

Ah fuck, you're probably just getting nervous over nothing here. Out of curiosity you take a peek in the car and don't see a radio, weird.

As you and your dad walk towards the entrance the garage door opens and Mike steps out in front of you, holding the door open. Dad heads on in since he was in front of you, you can already hear Al's surprised reaction.

"Well shit, howdy Jamie, what you been up to?" he asks

"Not much, how about you, you done anything yet?"

"Nope, not yet...anyway I need to get the car in over there, got some chips that need to be fixed."

Well, seems he is indeed getting some work done, on the inside it's usual business with Al sitting in his corner. Him and Dad are already talking, Jake is over by the jukebox, so that leaves you to assume Sharon is doing the painting.

A) Go sit with Dad and Al
B) Jake's the man you need to see about getting the Packard's radio working. Not like you can talk the entire time.
C) Same as A, but mention that Mike was 2nd in the race, should be enough for Al to get what you mean.

>>13945930
Me either, surprised people are still interested after all this time.

>>13945967
No problem, and yeah I think the posting 1 or 2 times a day works out better than how I was doing it. Story is going to take ages this way though.
>>
>>13947021
C, then B
>>
>>13947050
This
>>
>>13947050
Second.
>>
>>13947104
Thirded

Also, if you get tired of writing just remember we could also head off to Vietnam and do some crazy detroit engine swaps
>>
>>13947021
B, than C.
We need music for our long rides with shine
>>
date night soon?
>>
>you will never use your Valiant in road racing against Kingswoods and Falcons
>technology today has made it impossible to get away from the law
it hurts now but ill move on
>>
>>13947173
>dew trail sequel where Jamie gets drafted and works as a mechanic in vietnam
>>
>>13947050
>>13947173
fourthed
>>
>>13947050
This will win, OP.

It gets my vote, too.
>>
C then B
>>
>>13947021
You walk on over to the table, you might be able to get what you want to say in eventually.

"When I told you tell him hey for me I didn't expect you to bring him here!"

"Don't look at me. this was his idea." you reply

"Got tired of missing out on 18 years of 'Al Parties', eh?" he jokes with your dad

"Oh yeah, I miss all them hours I lost during those parties too." he replies sarcastically

They have a laugh and talk about the good ol' days just like with the Lassiter's and Carpenter. Thankfully Mike comes back in to pay Al giving the opportunity to bring it up.

"You ever get that camshaft?" you ask, might as well see if his car is any faster

"Yeap, among other things, don't think that Bel Air of yours could outrun me now."

"I dunno, I ain't been sleepin' either."

"Maybe we'll find out some day, until then I'll see you around, got plans in the morning." he says before leaving

"A rival?" Dad asks

"Kinda, he was in the race the sheriff put on, he came in 2nd."

Should be all you have to say about it, looks like Al got it, the conversation flows into Carpenter's Ford vs Dad's Plymouth shortly afterwards. Sounds like Dad was trying to pull a Mike back then by beating V8s with a 6. They're so wrapped up in talking Dad probably won't notice you slinking off to talk to Jake, you're not supposed to know all these guys after all.

"Hey Jake, you know anything about old car radios? Got another car and it doesn't work."

"How old are we talking?" he asks, still flipping through the jukebox

"1951."

"I'll take a look at it, I'd suggest a new radio but I suppose that car is running a 6 volt system."

>>13948156
Not unless I get a day where I can post the entire time and go back to posting every couple of hours.

It's Sunday night in the story.
>>
>>13949272
You think that was actually changed. most of the wiring and electronic bits were replaced anyway, guess the radio just wasn't a priority. Might be why the clock doesn't work either, hell you don't even think the gas gauge works, seems more likely than it having the world's largest gas tank that doesn't move the needle after a couple of dollars.

"Well I did an engine swap and I think all that was changed."

"In that case I have what you need back at my place, it'll be 5 maybe 10 dollars if you wanna wait."

You're probably going to have a few hours of nothing to do anyway...

A) Fuck it, working radio and maybe a clock and gas gauge for that price seems worth it.
B) You'll look into new radios, but if he can get the other stuff working right now that'd be great.
C) Nah, none of it is that important, you can wait.
>>
>>13949295
A
>>
A.
>>
>>13949295
a, cause prep
>>
>>13949295
A of course
>>
>>13949295
A
>>
>>13949295
A
>>
>>13949295
A
>>
Bamp, just a guess but I think we are locked in for A next post. What is it's eta?
>>
>>13951737
Haven't been home since shortly after that post. so I haven't had time to do shit. No idea.
>>
B, cause I'm a rebel
>>
>>13949295
a that seems to be the best bang for our buck
>>
A
>>
>>13949295
"That won't be a problem, I'll probably be sticking around for a few hours anyway."

"I'll run and grab it then, I'll try to be quick about it." he replies already heading towards the door "Find you some tunes man."

You had already planned on it.

Now you're left in here without much to do, you flip through the jukebox to pass the time. Things got a good mix of stuff from past and present covering a variety of genres, no wonder Jake spent the entire time over here. "California Dreamin'" catches your eye, dunno why, makes you think of Cheryl. It'll do, some background noise will help the time pass as Dad and Al talk it out. Speaking of your Dad he sneaks up on you with a yell, goddamit...

"Let your ol' man get a song in before he leaves." he says with some laughter

Hey, no problem, didn't have to make you jump for that.

"Leaving already?" you reply

"Back to gettin' up for work in the mornin', gonna have to keep gas in that thing somehow." he replies jokingly

"I won't be going, waitin' on some parts to see if I can get the radio in the Packard fixed."

"Hehe, just don't let Al get you partyin', he'll get you in trouble quicker than chasin' wild women will...there we go!"

Well he seems a bit more loose than usual.

Of course they would be a song about moonshine in there, even takes place in North Carolina, not bad for a country song. Dad sticks around for a few minutes past the song to talk with Al some more before heading out the door, not long after Sharon steps inside for a moment to flip the sign to closed before going back outside.

Al looks pretty ticked, that was a quick 180, you're guessing that learning that one of Teague's boys is hanging around isn't what he wanted to hear. He pulls a jug up and pours a glass to drink, seemingly not paying you any mind.

A) Might as well go talk to him.
B) Some fresh air doesn't sound like a bad idea right now.
C) Get a few sips yourself.
D) Hang over here, Al will holler if he wants you.
>>
A
>>
>>13953285
C
Just walk up and ask for a swig
He might tell us what's on his mind
>>
>>13953285
D
>>
>>13953285
A, we brought that up, might as well explain some shit
>>
>>13953285
D, but when he does say something, C.
>>
>>13953285
A
>>
>>13953285
D)on't be a faggot
>>
>>13953285
D
>>
>>13953285
D
>>
>>13953285
Well, if he wants you, he'll say something, right? You can easily pull a Jake and sift through the jukebox until he gets back.

10 minutes pass, he still hasn't said anything, the place is so quiet when music isn't going. Eventually Sharon comes inside, she starts over towards Al before coming over to you.

"What's up with Al?" she asks

"That Corvair is part of Teague's group."

"No shit? I didn't see a radio or anything."

"I'm guessin' he took it out, he was the only 1 of us 3 that was interested in joining."

"Which is exactly what I'm over here thinking about." Al speaks up "Never had any law around here, then suddenly he shows up after you and that girl come by..."

This has to just be a coincidence or she sold to the wrong person 1. Trying to cover both of your asses sounds like a good idea right now.

"Well I didn't join and she's been workin' for Carpenter longer than I have, unless someone said something about us being here yesterday I think he just wanted some work done." you reply

"That's why bringin' it here in the middle of the goddamn day was a bad idea to begin with, just remember, if anything happens it's your ass. I don't care if you are Rich's son."

It's like he didn't pay attention to that maybe he just wanted work done part.

The atmosphere is pretty much ruined now, at least Jake shows up not long after. Al gets Sharon to take him to his office while you move the car into the garage. You have no fucking idea what that thing Jake has is, but if he can get the radio working with it you don't have a problem.

"He told me to let you know that the truck should be in any minute now, be ready." Sharon says as she pokes her head in from the lobby

"How long you think it'll take to get the radio workin'?" you ask Jake "Think you can take a look at the fuel gauge too?"

"Don't worry man, this shouldn't take too long, ain't the first time I've done it." he replies "Gauge should be as simple as the radio to fix."
>>
>>13955461
Other than making Al a little mad today has gone well so far, gotta long drive ahead of you soon though.

A) Sit here in the garage, Jake's pretty chill and you might learn something.
B) Go talk to Sharon, she'd probably like a status update on Erika.
C) You can try patching up things with Al a little bit, something tells you he doesn't want to talk though.
>>
>>13955465
B. Although, honestly, it should be option D, 'cuz that's what we're going to give her.
>>
>>13955465
A

>you might learn something

>OP found out some cool stuffs during his research

Go on mate, hit us with the /o/ld school trivia.
>>
>>13955538
And then B, use new knowledge to give D.
>>
>>13955465
B so we can give sharon the D
>>
>>13955538
I've learned a shit ton of cool stuff for this story already. This is more radio related than just /o/ though.

>>13955545
I don't think learning how to convert a radio to 12v and maybe installing a resistor is going to get Sharon going though, maybe Cheryl.
>>
>>13955669
>I don't think learning how to convert a radio to 12v and maybe installing a resistor is going to get Sharon going though
Who knows, maybe she needs some helping getting her adult toys wired up. ZING
>>
>>13955465
D
Let's thank Jake, pay him, and leave
>>
>>13955770
It's like you don't even want to run moonshine.
>>
>>13955810
Not sure how talking to some gearhead or slut is going to get us any closer to running.
But fine I'll change my answer to C, not sure it can go any better nor will it win because these retards will want to speak to Sharon for absolutely no reason, but it's our best option besides coming back some other time.
>>
>>13955885
>Not sure how talking to some gearhead or slut is going to get us any closer to running.

Well seeing as how the truck is on it's way it seems pretty dumb to leave.

It's not like you're wanting to sit around and do nothing until then.
>>
>>13955932
My mistake, I thought the truck was related to Jake returning with the gauge and radio, not shine.
I still stick with C
>>
Have Sharon teach you how to eat a girl out right, wrap old's legs around your head.
>>
>>13955465
A
>>
>>13955465
A) Jake is cool, let's not piss Al further
>>
>>13955465
A, then B quickly
On a side note, do you think that you could get Sharon to imply to olds that Jamie had sexy times. Really want to see her reaction
>>
>>13955465
You know literally nothing about radios and the like but you imagine Jake won't mind you hanging around to watch his work, It ends up being the opposite of minding as he tries to show you some things.

You appreciate him taking the chance to educate you, but it's going to be a while before you go replacing all these... diodes, transformers, tubes, and whatever else he's going on about. You're sure you could at least do the resistor if that ever comes up in your life again, maybe,

A red, pristine looking, early 50s Ford pickup starts backing backing up, it comes to a stop right at the edge of the entrance, an old scrawny guy with a long beard hops out.

"How y'all fellers doin'?" he asks

"Alright I suppose." Jake replies, not looking up from his work

"Same here."

"Either of you the driver?"

You raise your hand. He lets down the tail gate.

"Got some work to do."

At least these aren't big ass glass jugs, just a lot of boxes. A few might have to go in the floorboard in the back but there shouldn't be a problem with most. Even the ones in the back won't be noticed unless someone is really trying to see what's inside. Old man's got some balls just driving it around in the back of a truck like that.

"Can't believe you trip in a Packard!" he says in amazement "Hope the police don't get after you."

"Don't think I have to worry about them with that Hemi under the hood." you reply reassuringly

"Welp, what you want is for 'em to not come at you at all, good you oughta look like every Tom, Dick and Harry. Got some good work in that car."

Now that he brings it up it does look like how it should look stock, he's got a point with not wanting to get in trouble in the first place too.

"Gotta get back to the misses, 'for she whoops me for worryin' her head off, ya'll have a good night, and good luck to you."

Just like that he's pulling away like he didn't just unload $2,000 worth of illegal goods from his truck.
>>
>>13957495
That's it?
>>
>>13957495
"Have I got good timing or what?" Jake says in a cocky tone "Just need to get it back in and it should work."

Hell yeah motherfucker! A radio is going to be a lifesaver on this trip. You go ahead and pay him $10, just need to get directions now...

Sharon nearly takes you out with the door before you make it to the lobby.

"Shit, my bad Jamie, didn't expect you to be there."

"Uhh, no problem..."

"Al told me to give you this, directions to the club."

Jeez, is Al that mad over this? Still, that convenience.

"Almost done man, just gotta get some screws in." Jake calls out

"So... how did it go with that girl?" Sharon asks

"Good, I think, supposed to meet her for a drive on Wednesday."

"A drive huh, sounds like another word for a 'date' if I ever heard one. I'd say you owe me a thanks but I'll wait to hear how things go."

Probably a good idea, at least you're not the only one who thinks it's a date.

The sound of static comes from the speaker before some music is found, you likely have some big dumb smile on your face but you don't care.

"There we fuckin' go!" Jake yells once again "Another radio conquered!"

He gets out of the car after turning it off and gathers up whatever else he brought with him, along with some parts out of your radio, you can't say you care. Looks like he's calling it a night now.

"See you guys around, tell Al I'll be a little late in the morning will you Sharon?"

"Whatever you damn slacker! I guess I can tell him."

"See you around man, thanks for getting the radio working."

"No problem, anytime you got any radio that needs fixin' or you get yourself a bike you know where to find me."

>>13956867
Depends on if we ever get them together again.

>>13957764
Ehh got sidetracked.
>>
>>13957849
The sound of him riding down the road tells you that you're basically left her alone with Sharon now.

A) It's job time, anything you can think of right now can be done later.
B) Wonder what she's doing with her old bike?
C) Ask for advice, if she got Erika to ask you on a date she should have some more help.
D) You can't see things going down with Erika...but you'd like to be more prepared than you are now.
>>
>>13957849
Are we going to bang her again?
>>
>>13957862
Does D mean fuck? Because I choose d
>>
>>13957862
C then A
>>
>>13957865
Was inspired by >>13956069 if that tells you anything.

Also top kek at that post ending in 69
>>
>>13957862
C then D!
>>
>>13958286
Literally this
>>
>>13958286
This
>>
>>13957862
C and then give her the D.
>>
File: iron.jpg (123 KB, 960x653) Image search: [Google]
iron.jpg
123 KB, 960x653
>>13957862
>B for Baiku better then nazi-olds

Also, is getting a bike an option later in the story? 'Cause I'm totally pumped for some chopper shenanigans.
>>
>>13959074
>Also, is getting a bike an option later in the story?
Seconding this. Love to get a '53 Pan hardtail with a 150ci stroker innit.
>>
>>13959074
This this so much.
>>
>>13959074
B could lead to getting Sharon's old bike.
>>
B) for baikuu
>>
>>13957862
c)ock then d)ick
>>
C then A
>>
>>13957877
This C and then A, olds is our gal.
Get used to it boys
>>
A) nus. I thought you fags wanted a story about moonshine running, not a dating sim
>>
>>13960961
Changing my vote to this. Thank you Anon, almost forgot cars > women.
>>
>>13960961
>implying they wouldn't rather the rest of the story be us with Olds
>>
>>13961006
Im now changing my vote back, because reasons.
>>
>>13961006
Well we have a date planned already that's apart of the story plus Olds is best waifu so fuck you faggots, and there's $2,000 worth of shine outside in a car from the 50s, need I remind you queers about the Corvair hanging about earlier?
>>
C then A, we need to run shine. But we also need that sweet olds pussy
>>
>>13961030
Exactly we must remain pure for olds.
A then nothing else. Olds> cars> everything else
>>
>>13957862
"You have any advice for me on Wednesday?" you ask

"You're asking the 26 year old who 'dates' a guy old enough to be her dad for relationship advice?" she replies with a laugh

Well when she puts it that way.

"But I guess that means you really want her, how could I say no?"

"So what do you think I should do?"

"She can't have much, if any experience with all this love business, pretty obvious, maybe she doesn't even want anything to do with it yet."

"Just wait for her to say something?"

"You could, but who knows if she'll ever do that. Even if you 2 are alone I don't think she would."

"Yeah... the last time we were alone I got kicked in the balls while she went in the corner and had some fun with herself."

"Holy shit, I can't believe she'd do that!" she replies fighting back laughter "Still, if I'm right she's completely embarrassed by how she feels. Just take it slow, she'll eventually get more comfortable with being around you."

But she's so cute when she's embarrassed! Nearly every bit of pain has come from you embarrassing her though, should've probably took the hint before now.

"So let's say we actually, uhh, go somewhere, is there anything more I should know?"

"Are you wanting advice on how to make a girl feel good?" she replies cracking up

"Umm, basically."

"I'm not showing you anything, that's something you and her should work out. I already took too many firsts you 2 could've had."

Was only one thing....you figured she'd be down for it.

"Guess that's all I had to ask then."

"In that case, good luck, for tonight and Wednesday. And don't go rushing in for either one!"

"Thanks, I'll need it, more for Wednesday than tonight I think."

>>13961261
Already too late to remain pure.
>>
>>13961293
So here we go, driving an 18 year old Packard you pulled from a scrapyard, shoved a big Hemi into, got some suspension work by some country kids, then loaded down with $2,000 worth of moonshine into on a trip that's going to take close to 2 hours sticking to highways.

The gas gauge is working now, you apparently have about a 1/4 tank with no idea on how this car is on gas.

A) Top off the fuel before you get going on the highway.
B) Fuck it, get this trip underway.
>>
>>13961305
A. Even with the most optimised carb in history, we're going to need some gas.
>>
>>13961305
A
BTW you are an ass, what am I supposed to do with these blue balls
>>
>>13961312
Nah man, I bet we could get 10-13 mpg on the highway.

>>13961334
>BTW you are an ass, what am I supposed to do with these blue balls

Yeah, I hyped it up with that in mind lel,
>>
File: 1439608489449.jpg (46 KB, 558x511) Image search: [Google]
1439608489449.jpg
46 KB, 558x511
>>13961305
A, did you even need to ask?
>>
>>13961305
A, shit question
>>
A we need fuel
>>
>>13961369
I love CYOAnon :D

A) but if there is a Corvair near the gas station B).
(i see what you're planning anon!)
>>
File: wemoonshinenow.jpg (94 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
wemoonshinenow.jpg
94 KB, 650x650
>>13961305
Wildcard C) outta nowhere, ask if the bikers have any gas you can pay for? Be safer then risking a public service station, and I'm pretty sure they would understand.

Failing that, A

>>13960653

Gib beter gf's baiku plz

I want to pull moonshine runs like pic related.
>>
>>13961312
We have two 4bbls so yeah...
>>
>>13961629
this, if not just avoid corvairs.
>>
>>13961612
this
>>
>>13961305
I smell cops, but we need gas...
Lets go with this >>13961612
>>
>>13961612
I'm putting it up to the dice now. Could be fun.
>>
>>13962594
Or not
>>
>>13962594

Cmon! papa needs a full tank of gas
>>
>>13962594
At least let us top our tank off before the chase starts, we'd probably run out of gas if we didn't
>>
>>13961305
You're going to need gas before this trip is done, might as well get it now.

The attendant looks like he's about to go to sleep on you when you pull up.

"5 bucks of premium." you tell him, should be enough to get about a full tank

"You probably don't need premium in this thing."

"Nah, I can assure you I do."

He breathes out a sigh and goes about doing his job of putting premium in the car. Car is doing it's job perfectly so far, as long as it holds up for the trip you can imagine things being rather uneventful.

After firing up the engine you sit for a few seconds to watch that needle rise, right under a full tank, good enough, now to see how much of that you burn out just by driving to Charlotte and back.

As you're pulling out of the station you see Mike slowing down with his turn signal on, you look in the mirror, expecting him to do a 180, instead he's stopping to get gas as well. Is there a chance he could've hidden the radio or had it put back in?

You hit NC-16, the highway you're going to be running all the way to Charlotte, the Packard sits around 3,000 running 65. Not exactly a comfy ride with how the suspension is but at least it's not as loud as the '55 and has a radio.

After fiddling with it for a while something catches your ear.

"...good luck a bein' on the run, you good ol' boys ain't hurtin' nobody, everyone needs a drink from time to time. If you can hear me, this one goes out to you. One of Merle Haggard's #1s from a few years ago, 'The Fugitive'..."

Guess the guy you got that moonshine job from made the news, there's another perk of having this radio. You're guessing Mike took no interest in you either.

After maybe 20-ish minutes you come across the first town on your journey and you've come close to running through an 1/8th already. A literal couple of turns and the heart of the town is behind you.
>>
I think an hour of the time between my announcing the use of dice and this was thinking of a way to get some decisions in this trip lel.

>>13963192
You wish you would've brought a drink, and you think Frances' cooking is looking for a way out...luckily there's a sign up ahead advertising a coffee house, it's a little off the highway but you can see it from the road. 4 cars parked outside and it's open.

A) Stop, it'll make this trip a little more enjoyable.
B) Keep going, not like you're dying of thirst or about to stink up the Packard just yet.
>>13962614
Implying it wouldn't be more fun

>>13962959
>>13963013
The dice didn't want any Mike action ;_;, so close to having him show up while we were getting gas.
>>
>>13963201
B, we can eat and shit on the way back.
>The dice didn't want any Mike action
then we picked the perfect car so far, senpai
We don't want to be made on our first fucking run.
>>
>>13963201
B, no unnecessary stops with a trunk full of moonshine.
>>
>>13963201
B)e safe
>>
>>13963201

B)
>>
>>13963201
B
Did you really think we would choose anything else? I'd rather shit myself while driving then stop and leave a car full of unattended moonshine
>>
>>13963201
Lets (B)itch out of the potential scrap here

We can get some chicken tendies on the way back
>>
Keep going t(B)h
>>
>>13963201
Eh it can wait, you only have maybe 75% of the journey to go.

As you go past the road you can already see the city fading away into fields and tress. This road would be a blast if you had the nerve to speed right now, the occasional traffic and your cargo makes it an obvious bad idea. At least you get to go across a bridge and see a dam, yay.

You start playing with the radio since there isn't much else to do, buddy in this big rig isn't going anywhere and it's not like you have a time limit here. Him turning towards another turn and you getting to take a left is the most exciting thing that's happened for probably any hour. Sill likely another hour or more left before you even make it to Charlotte, you basically zone out.

No idea on how long you've been driving now, also had no idea on how many towns you'd be running by, damn things kept getting your hopes up... oh hey another bridge. Hopefully all these signs means you're getting close. This time there's no doubt you're here with the buildings that come into view, this...looks like it would be easy to get lost in. As long as Al's directions are good and you remember how to get back that shouldn't be a problem.

Eventually you come up to the brick building you assume you're looking for, not a glamorous club but if it's paying you don't care. Figuring they don't want you knocking on the front door you find an alley to pull down to get to the back door.

Other than being boring as all hell you guess the trip wasn't anything, would've been more enjoyable if you had someone with you.

Takes a few hard knocks on the door to get some attention, an obviously drunk man cracks the door open.

"Use the goddamn front door!" they yell at you in slurred voice before slamming it in your face

Well shit, speaking of shit it's getting uncomfortable.

A) Yell that you have a delivery.
B) Keep knocking, someone not drunk might get to it eventually.
C) Walk through the front.

>>13964114
Would've been like 5 minutes.
>>
>>13964664
C
>>
>>13964664
C
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 640x360
>>13964664
A, we don't have time for this shit.
Start ghetto-knocking.
>>
>>13964664
C, you heard the man fgt
>>
>>13964803
Well, to be honest we have all the time in the world unless you want to be in a hurry to get Al his money.

>>13964856
It's just a random drunk guy though.
>>
>>13964664
A

It may be the paranoid in me, but I'm thinking we should get around to getting that shotgun cut and into the Packard if we are gonna be doing runs so far from home often. At least then if Obadiah the One-toothed warrior comes after our booze we have some kind of defense plan.
>>
>>13964664
C.

Also, jut asking, but would Jake be able to build a radio reciever to spy in on the police?
>>
>>13964956
I'm feeling this too.
Except, C.
We can walk quietly in the front to say hi, then go out the back to complete the job, leave out the front like we just came to talk about that local sporting team.
>>
>>13965613
Seconding this. Spying on cops would be usefull.
>>
C
>>13965613
This
>>13964956
And this
>>
File: Radio Shack.jpg (314 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
Radio Shack.jpg
314 KB, 900x1165
>>13964664
Pissing off the drunk might add some complications, you're sure once you talk to the right people in there there won't be a problem.

Despite the humble appearance outside the inside of the club puts Al's, which is the closest to a club you've experienced, to shame. A live band, some properly set up nice looking tables and chairs instead of 50s restaurant leftovers. The man at the bar is one of the guys that was at Al's so that seems to be where you should start.

"Show me that ID." he asks, apparently not remembering you

"Not here to drink."

"Still need to see that ID, bub, if you aren't 18 you're gonna have to skedaddle."

Eh whatever, you're 19, you show him your ID.

"Soooo, not here for the drink, then what are you here for?"

"I work for Al, remember?" you reply

A look of "Oh fuck, that's right!" runs across his face

"Oh shit, ahh, how about you go see Roy in the back?"

On your way back there you get sidetracked by the bathrooms, which are close to the rear exit along with the back room, that business is more important at the moment. The same drunk from earlier stumbles out but pays you no mind.

Ah sweet relief.

>>13965613
Dunno if he could build one, but Radio Shack exists.

Of course it would have to wait until tomorrow since they'd be closed by this time, that would also mean another trip to Charlotte since it's the only place in NC that had them back then.

Muh realism when I can do it.
>>
>>13967169
The back room lies behind a locked door, Roy opens it once you tell him what you're there for, unloading goes without a hitch other than Roy complaining that you didn't use the back exit. $2000 is put in your hand like it ain't a thing, shame you don't get to keep all of it. You don't know what you expected running moonshine to be like, but this is just working for Carpenter basically.

You're about to leave when the drunk guy comes a hollering at you.

"Hey... no hard feelings right? That bitch done left me herem I need a ride home if you're leaving, I'll give you a dollar!" he says

Well there's 3 gallons of premium right there.

A) "Nah, use that money for a taxi."
B) "As long as it ain't too far."
C) "I'm not leaving yet." Not like you'll get an opportunity to legally drink back home.
D) Ask for the money now and leave him here.

For the A's and D's.

A1) Ride around Charlotte, you've never been to a city like this.
B1) Bring Al his money, maybe come back here during the daytime.
>>
>>13967198
B) for extra Buck never hurt, might even get some neat info outta this drunkard.
>>
>>13967198
A, A1
>>
A, B1. Bikers will kill if not back with the money.
>>
>>13967198
A, B1
>>
>>13967198
A) work car isn't meant for chauffeuring random drunks, especially in this business.

B1
>>
>>13967198
A, no way in hell I want him puking in there.

B1
>>
>>13968435
This
>>
>>13967198
A B1

It's a work car. We'll come back later for keks with the '55
>>
A, B1
We've got 2 large in our pocket, we don't need to be gallivanting around the place
>>
>>13967198
"Nah, use that money for a taxi." you reply

"Ahh fuck you then!" he yells before heading back to the bar

A dollar isn't worth having the guy throw up in your car so you can't say you feel to bad, now to just get this money back to Al.

The drive back to town isn't much different than the ride here, nice and boring. You "only" maybe half a tank, safe to say it'd be a good idea to fuel up before any of these trips. Might end up spending all the money you make on gas if you have to get away from anybody.

Al's back in the lobby, looks like he's cooled down some, you don't think you could be mad if you knew someone was about to hand you $1,700 anyway.

"So I take it things went well?" he asks

"Yup, not a single issue." you reply handing him his money

"Good, should be doing another run next week to the same place....Sharon, let's get this place locked down."

Sharon rolls her eyes, you imagine it was over the "let's" of that sentence.

Speaking of locking a place down, Carpenter's is probably closed by now too, he could've left someone behind but you kinda doubt it. Sharon and Al follow you out, guess the front door was the only one left to be locked down.

A) Head to Carpenter's.
B) Head to the drive-in.
C) Go home, can pick up the '55 in the morning.
>>
>>13969365
A then B just in case.
>>
>>13969365
Do we have a place at home where we can park the Packard and no one can see it? Like a tarp or something
>>
>>13961450
what's the story behind this image?
>>
>>13969464
Not really, that's why it's being left at Carpenter's.
>>
>>13969365

A

Ditch the work car before doing anything else.

If head home, don't park at the house.
>>
>>13969505
A then
>>
>>13969446
Change my answer to this.
>>13969510
A,If we can't leave the Packard at Carpenter's, let's just call it a day and C, head home, we can't be seen in our work car.
If we pick up the '55, let's go to B, the diner.
>>
>>13969510
This
>>
File: Sheeeeiiiitttttttttt.jpg (131 KB, 720x482) Image search: [Google]
Sheeeeiiiitttttttttt.jpg
131 KB, 720x482
>>13969365
>
A), lets ditch the boozerunner and get back in the '55. Fells like it's been a while since we've had some fun in that thing.
>>
>>13969365
A few farewells and you're on the way to see if you can drop the Packard off so you can get back in the '55. Using your new found knowledge of the backroads you avoid the town and chances of being recognized. Unfortunately it looks like the place is closed, you can't exactly go hopping in there to unlock the gate with those junkyard dogs running around either.

You put the car in reverse, you're really not wanting to drive it back ho-

In some stroke of luck the gate opens, you're staring down the headlights of the big guy's Suburban, looks like he's the official closer, makes sense since he cares for the dogs from what you've seen. He moves the truck out of your way, once again he gets in the passenger seat when you roll through the gates. You still don't know if it's to make sure you don't take anything or to keep the dogs off of you, whatever the reason you're not gonna protest this time either.

You park the Packard in the hangar, lock it down, and start on the walk to the '55. Should probably look into a better place to store it when not in use, wonder if Al would be cool with it, he has that backlot filled with mostly junk.

Ahh, back in the good ol' Chevy, even if the Packard has a radio you don't think it'll ever be as comfortable as this car, you head through the gate leaving the big guy behind to get it all locked up.

You're sitting at the end of the dirt entrance, wondering what you should do now before turning out onto the road.

Haven't done anything outside of driving it here since you got the keys back, it's doing well enough on gas that you could have some fun if you wanted.

A) Call it a night, go home.
B) Hit up the drive-in.
C) Cruise around the country.
D) Hardly any traffic around at night, could just rip around the country for a while.

Dat 6 dice roll, finally start using it again and it's loving us.
>>
>>13971436
B) Lets celebrate with food and racing
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 660x495
>>13971436
D into B
>>
B we race now
>>
>>13971436
What's the difference between C & D? Average speed?

Let's get used to stretching the '55 out a little, so I guess D somewhere quiet & away from the cherry-tops, then hit up the drive-in for a bit of sport, B.
>>
B)acon
>>
>>13971726
This
>>
File: 1441300402200.png (219 KB, 7000x3938) Image search: [Google]
1441300402200.png
219 KB, 7000x3938
>>13969493
Apparently its a /dbt/ logo, but looked too much like a biker gangs patch, now used is pic related.
Figured it fit with the current assignment.
>>
>>13971436
B)urger
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 632x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 632x472
>mfw we start hunting with our waifu on Friday nights in our Cheb
>>
>>13974062
Hunting for people to kekold us with
>>
>>13974078
Really? I didn't think it would sensor that
>cůckold
>>
>>13971436
B
>>
>>13971436
D
>>
>>13974078
>Harrison Ford
>kek
555comeonnow.jpg
>>
>>13967169
We need one of those
>>
>>13971436
You cut the wheel to the left to head back into town, bring the revs up enough to get some spin action going, the long first gear doing a good a good job of getting you the traction you lack in the Packard once you're on the road. Might as well check out the drive-in, even if you don't race anybody it should be good sit around in the '55 for a while and check out the scene.

Surprising amount of people here tonight, most don't look like racers but you spot Ed's yellow Nova sitting close to the entrance with an open spot next to it so you pull on in. Already getting some looks, the side pipes and cam demand some attention so you're not surprised, you go ahead and order a drink and scope out the cars sitting around while you wait.

The first car to catch your eye is a silver gasser sitting up high, you thought it was a Chevy at a glance but you're almost certain it's a Ford, maybe a 55. It's got the wheels and tires to back up the look and can see some nice looking headers shooting down from the fender. He has to be one of the guys hanging around the racemaster.

Next thing your eyes dart to is a Camaro with a flashy green paint job with a white vinyl top and stripe down the side. You're guessing it's mostly stock other than those wheels and tires, it's an SS and you're certain the badge says "396". You don't think it'd be the closest race but you could give him a few lengths you suppose.

Next up is a funky looking white Dodge coupe, looks completely unnasuming outside of the hoodscoop. A hood swap and it'd make a nice sleeper if it's actually fast.

There's also the guy in the red Falcon who was making that list of the fastest guys around, he beat you last time and as far as you know is #2 on the list. You think you see the King and his girl hanging around the racers too, you're no where near ready to take out his car though.
>>
>>13974377
Your drink arrives, you take a few sips and wonder if you should get a closer look at any of the cars.

A) Ford
B) Camaro
C) Dodge
D) Falcon
E) Sit back and see if someone approaches.
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 1280x720
>>13974381
A, gasser
>>
>>13974381
A
>>
>>13974381
A)
>>
>>13974381
A
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.