[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Lexus expensive to maintain, get spare parts for and so forth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: 93-94_Lexus_LS400.jpg (163 KB, 1808x1184) Image search: [Google]
93-94_Lexus_LS400.jpg
163 KB, 1808x1184
Is Lexus expensive to maintain, get spare parts for and so forth?
>>
>>13867724
Nope
>>
>>13867733
Yeah
>>
>>13867738
No
>>
>>13867738
Maybe
>>
considering its just a rebadged toyota, I dont think so
>>
>>13867745
Yes!
>>
>>13867724
>most reliable car brand
>expensive to maintain
>>
>>13867766
Like that says shit anyway. I mean the air suspension on Mercedes costs like 1000 euro per wheel and they last 100 kkm. I'm wondering if it's similar with Lexus.
>>
>>13867765
NO
>>
>>13867724
Most mechanical parts, no. But if you buy an LS loaded with options that were cutting edge when it came out, that is the stuff that can get expensive like every other luxury car. I don't think it is nearly as bad as buying Merc or BMW OE parts though.

But that's why the Good Lord invented junkyards and remanufactured parts.
>>
>>13867783
>Like that says shit anyway.
It does, because repairs are less frequent.
>I mean the air suspension on Mercedes costs like 1000 euro per wheel and they last 100 kkm. I'm wondering if it's similar with Lexus.
No. Lexus parts are not overly expensive.
>>
>>13867785
:( You win
>>
>>13867762
It doesn't share mechanical parts with other Toyotas bud...

Parts are easy/cheap to come by
A340 trans can be had for about $100, A650 can be had for like $200 depending which model Lexus you get. Doubtful you'll fuck one up, but just an example. Just don't get the ones that come with air suspension in the rear and there's literally nothing that could go wrong that will cost you a great deal of money. They're really easy to work on too. If you have a few standard tools you can perform most of the work that you'll need on these cars.
>>
>>13867724
>lexus
>maintain
>spare parts
you need not worry OP a Lexus self maintains and its parts are made from god particles
>>
Not OP, planning on getting a Lexus GS 06-09

Should I? An audi a6 would it's competition. Decisions....
>>
>Daily drive 1998 LS400.
>Have had basically no problems with it.
>Do basic maintenance.
>Surprisingly cheap to maintain.

Avoid cars with air suspension, I'm pretty sure it is 4 wheel, so it is definitely more expensive to replace the airbags.
Also, don't forget to do the timing belt service.
>>
The Toyota running gear is really solid. Like everyone else has already said it's the luxuries that are expensive. Seats, audio, doors.
>>
>>13868367
As somebody who's worked on both, get the Lexus. It's not even a contest.
>>
>>13868657
Alrighty then, going shopping for a Lexus GS this week. Still not sure on the year but something under 15k would be perfect.
>>
>>13867724

yes, but there's a solution for that. it's called a $500 LS1 and an afternoon.
>>
>>13867724
It's a fancy toyota, so no
>>
>>13868030
Are Infinitis just as cheap to maintain and find parts for
>>
>>13869644
Depends really
I also own a Y33 Q45 and some parts are a bitch to find and more expensive, but it's an amazing car.
>>
My coworker who used to be the reliability engineer for BMW told me they would buy Lexus and reverse engineer them to understand how they make them so reliable. They obviously haven't understood after all these years lel
>>
>>13870182
Maybe there's a kind of recognition that having your old cars depreciate and spend many years on the road deteriorating at the hands of poorfags is bad for the brand. Therefore, have them go tits up at the 5 year mark and all people see are shiny new ones being driven by the rich, and a handful of old ones lovingly maintained by enthusiasts.
>>
>>13870483
You know, instead of rolling on 2 spares, a lawnmower sticking out of the trunk and the passenger compartment crammed full of wetbacks.
>>
They just issued a huge recall on these cars because they are too reliable and the auto industry thinks it's time for everyone that owns one to buy something newer. The sc400 and gs400 are on the recall list too.
>>
>>13869761
I want a six speed G35 personally, I see a fair amount of them on the road but are they expensive to live with?
>>
>>13867724
Please dont. :, (
>>
>>13871344
My best friend has a 06 G35 sport sedan, it's very nice and inexpensive to maintain because we do the work on it and I get wholesale parts, otherwise certain things can get pricey. It's not too bad at all though in comparison to a German counterpart. Just inspect thoroughly before you buy
>>
>>13870694
Lexus life!
>>
>>13871397
What are some problem areas usually? I know the CD players suck but I'd just swap decks anyway.

Any drivetrain related shit?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.