[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video Cameras In Cars?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: car-camera.jpg (37 KB, 627x434) Image search: [Google]
car-camera.jpg
37 KB, 627x434
Video Cameras In Cars?

Everybody is probably aware of the news story going around about a cop who shoot a guy to death in his car and you may have seen his girlfriend’s cell phone video immediately afterward, which got me to thinking;

Does anybody have a video surveillance system in their car?

What does /o/ think of video surveillance systems in cars?

Where/how would one go about getting a video surveillance system for their car?

Because not only would this provide clear evidence of whatever might happen during a police traffic stop, but would also provide clear evidence of what happened in the event of a car crash.
>>
yeah I have a dashcam. I keep the clips of stupid shit and delete the ones of my sperging out
>>
File: FLYFILMS-CAMPOD-FOR-CAR-006.jpg (173 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
FLYFILMS-CAMPOD-FOR-CAR-006.jpg
173 KB, 600x400
>>15400434
>yeah I have a dashcam.

But that's only recording what's in front of your car.

I was suggesting an all around interior and exterior video surveillance system, so that in the event a cops decides to shoot your ass, you'll have complete video and audio record of what happened.

I would think this would require mini-cams in the A-pillars and elsewhere, filming both outside of the car and inside.

Probably would be a good idea for the video to automatically up-load to a home computer or the Cloud, so that the cops couldn't "accidentally" delete it....
>>
>>15400451
I don't need an interior camera because I'm not a nigger
>cop pulls me over
>be polite
>don't get shot
>don't get ticket either
I'm not even white.
>>
File: mini surveillance camera.jpg (42 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
mini surveillance camera.jpg
42 KB, 640x560
>>15400465
>I don't need an interior camera because I'm not a nigger

Except this guy who was killed by the cop, wasn’t a “nigger” (beyond being Black).

He a legal concealed pistol license and told the cop he had a handgun on him, then apparently reached back for his wallet to get his I.D. and the cop shot him 5-6 times point blank, killing him.

Not to go all /pol/ about this, but the cop flat-out fucked up and killed a guy when he could have easily said; “STOP! OR I’LL FUCKING SHOOT YOU!”

An in-car video surveillance system would provide full evidence of what actually happened and I suspect drivers are now going to be installing them and eventually, car manufacturers are going to offer them from the factory.
>>
File: sg9665gc_mainimg.jpg (11 KB, 270x350) Image search: [Google]
sg9665gc_mainimg.jpg
11 KB, 270x350
Im looking at dash cams currently and probably going to get the street guardian sg9665gc v2

look it up on amazon, youtube, and reddit.com/r/dashcam

>>15400451

So if you're that worried about the cops then 1. quickly start recording video on your cell phone as redundancy for your dash cam (and swipe to unlock straight to camera if your phone allows you to) and 2. keep your hands at 10 & 2, turn off your radio, don't speak until spoken to, and comply with whatever the cop wants

Seriously, I've been pulled over more times than I care to remember and I've never been beaten or shot by the law. I wonder if the people that do are on a first name basis with the entire force to begin with.
>>
>>15400412
CEREAL FOR BREAKFAST?
>>
>>15400514
protip

dont reach behind your back immediately after telling a cop you're strapped
>>
I don't live in a country where policemen regularly shoot unarmed people in non-violent situations, so I can't even comprehend feeling a need for a camera. This is some Brazil tier shit. At the very most I'd get a dash cam for accidents, but even those are still legally debated here.
>>
>>15401080
>comply with whatever the cop wants
Great. Resist unlawful orders, get shot.
>>
>>15401096
its not an issue, the media just over hypes it to push their various political agendas
watching american television is basically like that scene from a clockwork orange.
>>
>>15401104
>license and registration please sir

UM EXCUSE ME? WOW AM I BEING DETAINED? YOU KNOW WHAT IMMA GET OUT THIS CAR PUNK ASS POLICE ALWAYS HARASSING THA BLACK MAN. IM NOT DRIVING IM TRAVELING.

*gets shot*

he good boy!
>>
>>15401104

> daddy issues

What happens on scene will ultimately be decided on in a court of law. You documenting it (through video evidence from both a phone and a dash cam) can be used to prove your allegations, and these matters can also be $olved in civil court. In the meantime, do as they say to ensure your survival and get back at them with video evidence when you have your day in court.
>>
>>15401114
>its not an issue
American police shoot between 400 and 600 people a year. Scaled down to the population of my country you'd expect the number here to be 100 to 150. What's the reality in my country? 8.
>>
>>15401104
You arent suppose to argue/resist a police officer. If you are ticketed or arrested unjustly you lawyer up and go before a judge. Four years of criminal justice classes at a state university is how I know that.
>>
the police in this country have far too much power and almost zero accountability or transparency, it's actually scary.
but, regardless, the only way you're gonna die to one is by doing some stupid shit.
>>
>>15401148
Well how about we send all of our ghetto negroes to your country and see how long that number stays that low m8.
>>
>>15401148
we have more crime.

and 90% of the people getting killed by police deserve it anyway.
>>
>>15401170
We've got a million sandniggers last year and still the police are only shooting 8 people a year.
>>
>>15401193
No multitude of just police killings will outweigh the number of unjust police killings. Same with the death sentence. One of the fundamental principles of a just legal system is that you're innocent until proven guilty. A thousand rightful executions don't make up for a hundred erroneous executions.
>>
>>15400412
>Because not only would this provide clear evidence of whatever might happen during a police traffic stop, but would also provide clear evidence of what happened in the event of a car crash.

Someone who sees the dashcam would also yank out the datachip to eliminate the evidence. I've said it before in dashcam threads here, when I was attending university, someone recorded the accident on his dashcam. The guilty people went and beat him up and took away his data to get rid of the evidence.

In a mugging in my downtown area, a bystander recorded the mugging. After stomping the victim and breaking his jaw and arm, the muggers chased and caught the phone guy. Punching him in the head and kicking him many times, they also broke his jaw and leg. Black Lives Matter. Three black youths. YOUTHS, not men. They got away with both crimes too.

You can be far away, but some people are very physically strong and can chase you down fast and take your data away.
>>
>>15401219
wtf are you talking about.

we have gun crime you stupid shit. if a nigger waves a gun at a cop he's getting shot, rightfully. justice served.

you're an idiot. it's not like people are getting killed when they are arrested under suspicion of a crime. they killed during violent crimes or while violently resisting arrest.
>>
>>15401219
>unjust police killings.
Who says it is unjust? Who defines that? Karma? Black Lives Matter? In my area, BLM is close to being an extortion quasi terrorism group. Some stores that get a lot of black customers get told they should deed over the store or at least sign a contract to give over part of their earnings to the black community (eg. to BLM activists). We already had one demonstration in front of a store that refused. Yes, it was a white owner.

It's already difficult enough to find employees in some areas that won't ransack the store if the owner or manager is not watching. That's why some stores, even our local wal-mart require cashiers to have a background security check. There was apparently merchandise not rung up going out the door.
>>
File: miniature surveillance cameras.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
miniature surveillance cameras.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>15401140
>get back at them with video evidence when you have your day in court.

Thank you, the only anon who gets it.

This isn’t about “don’t be a nigger”, that goes without saying, this is a purely technical issue, where a video surveillance system has benefits beyond getting shot by the cops, such as when a cop pulls you over for a “rolling stop” you didn’t do, or someone tries to steal your vehicle, or you get in an accident because the other driver is a ding-bat girl texting on her cell phone while blindly barreling down the street, etc.

And in the event some rogue cop does decide to beat your ass or shoot you, claiming you were “resisting arrest”, you’ll have proof he’s full of shit.
>>
>>15400412
i have video surveilence at the entry point into the garage

and i have it at th garage door exit point

im thinking of getting a lynx touch 5200 and putting a honeywell 5800pir in my car so the cops come if someone breaks into my car
>>
>>15401705

It works the other way around too. Police used body cam footage to record statements and sperging when DUI autismo hit my car. Body cam footage is considered evidence in court so be careful with statements you make to police.
>>
>>15401705
record everything and strip everyone of their privacy because you wanted to egg on a cop into killing you so you can get a settlement? im confused here
>>
File: police Cams For Cops-01.jpg (80 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
police Cams For Cops-01.jpg
80 KB, 540x540
>>15401750
>It works the other way around too. Police used body cam footage to record statements and sperging when DUI autismo hit my car.

Sure, and I think ALL cops should be mandated to wear a body cam anytime they're dealing with the public.

But why rely ONLY the cops body cam or dash cam, which seem to get "accidentally" deleted with alarming frequency?...

I'd like to have my OWN video surveillance system in my vehicle to compare with their recording.
>>
>>15400514
what kind of dipshit tells a cop that he's armed and then reaches into an unknown area without asking for permission or announcing what they're doing.
>>
>>15400412
I'm not a nigger so not likely to be doing something illegal to get shot for.
>>
>>15401897
>nigga who u fuckin wit
>i got a gat wit a license
>i dindu nuffin
>reaches in the back in a dark car.
>>
File: 0758 - ONhLzZi.jpg (5 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
0758 - ONhLzZi.jpg
5 KB, 200x193
>>15401865

>I'd like to have my OWN video surveillance system in my vehicle to compare with their recording.

And nobody is stopping you from doing that, see >>15401080

oh, and FYI you're more likely to get killed because of an accident (30,000 Americans every year) than because of a cop, but you're another gullible idiot who bought into media hype
>>
>>15401104
Who gives a fuck if it's unlawful or not? I'd rather be arrested then released than dead, then dead. This is the problem with niggers, no long term thought process.
>>
>>15400514
>"ay nigga if u dont buy deez cdz ima pop yo ass"
>pulls gun out
>implying he wasnt a nigger
he was selling bootleg cds infront of a kfc, thats the definition of nigger right there
>>
>>15400514
>"say "stop or ill fuckin shoot you""
>implying that isnt obvious when you're pinned with a gun to your chest
>>
Anyone try, or know anything about, video surveillance from a *parked* car? My car is a shit heap, I'm not so worried about it getting stolen or even wrecked, but it'd be nice to keep an eye on things in the carport/street (apartmentfag) when the car is parked, and have "dash cam" functionality as an extra.

For starters, I assume I'd need some sort of secondary power system to avoid draining the battery. How do I go about that?

I'm thinking a 4-way camera setup? Motion detection? Mounted discreetly of course.
>>
>>15402530

I'm too tired to answer this but lookup dashcamtalk or go to reddit.com/r/dashcam they'l help you
>>
File: Philando-Castile.jpg (37 KB, 780x733) Image search: [Google]
Philando-Castile.jpg
37 KB, 780x733
>>15402417
>>15402420

I'm not talking about that nigga (he deserved it) I'm talking about this nigga, who didn't.

Philando Castile in Minneapolis, who got shot to death by a cop _after_ telling the cop he had a concealed pistol license and was reaching for his wallet to give them his I.D. and his girlfriend filmed him bleeding out and dying in her car;

http://fox40.com/2016/07/07/live-video-of-minnesota-officer-involved-shooting-aftermath-sparks-frustration-conversation/
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.