[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intelligent cars and morality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: intelligent cars.jpg (77 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
intelligent cars.jpg
77 KB, 800x400
Hey /o/, let's talk about AI smart cars and ethics.

You are driving your brand new AI car, at a considerable speed. So you decided to turn the street, and then OMG!!!
>Theres 2 kids and their mother crossing the streets

But there's walls or an abysm in either side, and you can't simply slow down because omg the car is in a fucking moral dilemma!!!

What will you do when this day comes, /o/?

>Preserve the life of the kids and fall in the abysm/crash in the wall and probably die

or...

>Try at least to slow down, to decrease the damage to the kids, but either way as you can't stop, you hit them and preserve your life.
>>
>>15365523
what the fuck is an abysm
>>
>>15365523
the AI car shouldnt be going fast round a blind corner to begin with. and nor should a human driver. shit and unoriginal question
>>
>>15365551
Pedestrians shouldn't be allowed on a road with blind corners to begin with. Or any road. They should cross on a bridge or under a tunnel, not on a crosswalk, and sidewalks should have chest-height barriers discouraging entering the roadway.

I want this "normies have the right of way everywhere" shit to go away and efficient transport to reign supreme. Safety and travel times would improve simultaneously.

The current system is about as retarded as building ground-level highways through forests and being surprised when everyone needs a steel car with a push bar.
>>
Slam the brakes and hit the wall.
>>
>>15365577
Why would a pedestrian be crossing on a blind corner, that's just suicidal
>>
>>15365551
This is a relevant question. Even with self driving cars accidents will happen. The car AI then has to make a decision of who to save. Its basically the trolley problem in real life. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem
>>
>>15365616
If i buy self driving car then that car is gonna favor me in all potential cases.
>>
>>15365609
Because they're fucking idiots and don't understand the velocities and weights involved in automobile transport. They don't understand that nobody expects them, they think everyone should expect them. Even though there is an established system to help pedestrians be expected (crosswalks. they even flash now. some are human-actuated stoplights used for serious mischief.)

The only way to cut down on pedestrian fatalities is to keep people who aren't somehow armored (car or bike gear) off the roads. Slowing the roads down doesn't help unless you slow them waaaaaaaaay the fuck down until it would be just as fast to jog and faster to bike. You can seriously hurt a person who doesn't pay attention just by running into them while literally running, 35mph isn't a joke even with soapbox cars.

Sadly, it's only feasible and worth it for the densest metros.
>>
>be niggers
>jump in front of self driving teslas to get them killed
>rob the car
>repeat because tesla has the #blacklivesmatter modules and teslas, by design, value black lives over white lives, even if the white life is the driver.
>>
>YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR BRAND NEW AI VEHICLE

>I COME UP BEHIND YOU

>YOU ARE MINDING YOUR OWN BUISSNESS GOING 35MPH

>I COME UP ON YOU GOING 95MPH

>YOUR POS CAR GOES INTO COLLISION MODE SENSING AN IMPENDING CRASH

>THE BRAKES SUDDEN APPLY AT 100%

>THE SEATBELTS LOCK AND TIGHTEN

>THE WINDOWS ROLL DOWN

>THE LIGHTS START FLASHING AND THE RADIO TURNS OFF

>YOU ARE SCREAMING

>CAR BEGINS CALLING AAA

>I VEER LEFT WITH THE SPEED OF A METH SMOKING CRACK FEIND

>ZOOM BY WOT BLOWING A PUFF OF HOT UNBEARABLE EXHAUST INTO YOUR WINDOW

>STILL TRAUMATIZED YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT JUST HAPPENED

>WAT HAPPENED
>>
>>15365523
Let the car ram kids
Shrugs when police arrives
Sue the company with lost parents
???
Profit
>>
>>15366074
This

How the fuck could you trust self driving cars when you have niggers and beaners in the country?

>*smack
>ha yours sensor down. Can't go
>hand me the money or we 10 Juan brothers let you taste this bat
Why do IT hipsters always assume we all live in some high moral paradise ??? Why don't they go out and see the real world?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.