[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2016 Mustang First Upgrades
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: GT.jpg (85 KB, 717x478) Image search: [Google]
GT.jpg
85 KB, 717x478
Was debating for a while between getting a base GT w/ performance pack, or the GT premium. Ended up going with the premium since I figured I could just do all the performance upgrades at a later time, while the interior cannot really be changed. Now I'm trying to decide where I want to start as far as upgrades...

Thinking about maybe starting out with brakes or gears (3.55) Is this all I need to buy for the gear upgrade?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-355-gears-2015.html
>>
>>15301827
>(3.55)
Why not 3.73?
>>
>>15301827
One of my stangs has 4.10s, int/exhaust.

The other is over 600whp.

3.73s will help ya get rolling a bit faster, and get in those closer, higher gears of the mt-82 faster. But really, the first things you should buy are

>handheld tuner and cai
then,
>some exhaust

Next you need some tires to really let it take advantage of anything, both drag racing and handling. Get wider wheels as well, I believe the 2015 and 2016 hold 11 in the back, maybe a 9 or 10 in the front, cant remember.

I like how you skipped the performance pack, probably not the best option for you, BUT cool since you're gonna out-do it yourself, and go more aggressive. Really, you could go way wider on wheels, more aggressive on shocks and swaybars, go coilovers, get 3:73s or higher.

Have fun buddy. Oh, and the brakes are a great idea. Expensive, but get your wheels first. Then look for the biggest damn brembos you can fit behind them. THAT really is a bigger difference than almost anything in a road race...being able to get hard on the brakes, over and over and over, for minutes at a time...most stock brakes will not handle this and begin to warp the rotors.
>>
File: 2016-02-28 16.22.36.jpg (3 MB, 2981x1676) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-28 16.22.36.jpg
3 MB, 2981x1676
>>15301827
Get the steeda clutch assist spring, replacing the shifter support bracket with anything. I run a blowfish bracket but anything is better than the stock shit.

Lower it an inch at least, bigger rear sway bar. Front is pretty beefy but the adjustability on an aftermarket one may be worth it.

I've got poly diff bushings, upgraded vertical links and a sub frame support brace. Gives a lot of positive road feedback and gets rid of wheel hop.

I'm also running an x pipe and roush single tip axel backs. Sounds like a demon.

I've done other stuff but those would be my top ones. Brakes I'll probably just do pads fluid and maybe lines unless I decide to track it ever. During daily the stock ones are plenty.
>>
>>15301827
Mustang a shit
>>
>>15301827
I'm actually considering getting the base GT. Is the base interior really that shitty?
>>
>>15302521
So you like it?
>>
>>15302174
>I like how you skipped the performance pack, probably not the best option for you
Eh... It's a work in progress. In the meantime, I've got some nice comfy heated/cooled seats and nifty toggle switches to play with :-)
>>
>>15302533
Yes. The screen is like the size of an iPhone 4. Try using that backup camera lol.
>>
Kek have fun getting BTFO by a 06 cobra
>>
>>15304190
>06 cobra
Literally no one is envious. Enjoy your archaic horse carriage.
>>
>>15302691
>cooled seats
Are those only available in the Premium?

Different anon here but was considering a base GT.
Not going to mod the car or beat on it but since im in California that cooled seat option would be great.
>>
>>15301827
First thing I'd do with a Mustang is sell it
>>
>>15304323
To buy another one?
>>
>>15304306
Yes, pretty sure. I've got cooled seats in my Lexus and it's great to have. Literally shoots cold air up your butthole.
>>
>>15304337
:^)
>>
>>15304190
>06 Cobra
Does not exist. So I think he'll be in good shape.
>>
>>15301827
Wow you went full retard OP.

GT Performance Package
$2,495
• 19" X 9" (F) 19” X 9.5” (R) Ebony Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels
• 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R (R) Summer Only Tires
>• Brembo™ Six-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors
• "Engine Turn" Aluminum Instrument Panel
• Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)
• Heavy-Duty Front Springs
• K-Brace
• Larger Radiator
• Spoiler Delete
• Strut-tower Brace
• Unique Chassis Tuning
• Upsized Rear Sway Bar
• Unique Stability Control, EPAS & ABS Tuning
>• TORSEN® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio

Ford Racing IRS Ring Gear and Pinion Set - 3.55:1 Ratio (Not even 3.73)
$179.99
Ford Racing Six-Piston Front Brake Upgrade Kit (15-16 All) (This does NOT include the rear brakes.)
$1,298.99
=1478.98

It's all going to cost you more in the end. Should have just bought the PP, you're spending 38k already whats 2.5k more?
>>
>>15301827
Not sure if the new ones can turn.
Plenty of power already, get turn modz
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.