[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how can I get traffic violations removed from my driving record?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: mx-5 you so crazy.jpg (238 KB, 722x720) Image search: [Google]
mx-5 you so crazy.jpg
238 KB, 722x720
how can I get traffic violations removed from my driving record? it's prevented me from getting several jobs because the companies' insurance providers wouldn't cover me on company vehicles nor allow me to operate my personal vehicle

the long story
>get first traffic ticket 3 years ago for rolling a stop sign
>write a check and forget about it, I must have forgotten to mail it or something
>months later get stopped at a new years eve checkpoint (not sure if this is even legal but I didn't want to be that faggot)
>officer says he would have let me go but my license came up suspended
>get hit with failure to appear and driving while suspended, pre-trial diversion is denied, license suspended another 6 months on top of that

all this because I wasn't even made aware that my one and only traffic ticket hadn't been paid (and DWS is not even a misdemeanor here)
>>
Similar thing happened to me:
>pulled over for expired registration
>arrested for failure to appear on a public consumption ticket, released on $25 bond.
>officer never gives me expired registration or other tickets
>months go by, getting drinking ticket worked out
>random on campus checkpoint (Sunday afternoon, mother's day)
>arrested for failure to appear for expired registration ticket
>$1000 bond

I got lucky and just paid the lawyer who could get it all taken care of though.
>>
>>15301174
Only thing you can do is take a drivers education class, I think it will remove one point, you also lose points every so many years
>>
>>15301174

> write a check and forget about it, I must have forgotten to mail it or something

How the fuck do you forget something like this? How irresponsible of a dimwit fucktard do you have to be?

Are you expecting some kind of sympathy for being a fucking idiot?
>>
>>15301174
weird. My friend's been in a shitton of stupid accidents in his own car, and he drives a food truck
>>
>>15301199
I already did this, it can only be done once every 3 years. I don't really have 10 years to whittle away at points

>>15301205
just be more direct about what type of attention you need and someone will get back to you
>>
>>15301225

Apparently you want someone to validate your irresponsibility, sadly attacking someone while they call you on your shitty behavior just proves how immature you are.
>>
>>15301229
that's literally what you did in your first post and are continuing to do

I specifically asked what can be done in the legal channels about it before you came in slinging all your most maddest words around. don't even bother
>>
>>15301225
Actually now you have me a little paranoid, I got a ticket, sent in the check with all the instructions and I haven't heard that it has been received, nor have I heard that it hasn't.
>>
>>15301235

> asking 4chinz for legal advice

Are you stupid, or some advanced kind of stupid?

>>15301236

That's why you fucking mail shit with delivery notices fucktard.
>>
>>15301249
I've seen some strong dipshittery on this board but you are completely losing control of yourself
>>
>>15301236
I once got a parking ticket and just paid for it online. Another time I got a red light camera ticket, I never paid it and nothing bad ever happened. They did actually send me another letter a year later saying I now owed t hem $700 (up from $500) but I ignored that too.

No my license did not randomly get suspended like OP because I actually had to go renew it not too long ago.
>>
>>15301263
I think most states treat automated systems the same as parking tickets, if an officer wasn't there speaking to you directly they just use it as a money making racket and assume they're not gonna collect all of it. I know the rule in my city is that you can have 2 parking tickets unpaid, on the 3rd unpaid ticket they boot your car. I've used this to my advantage and gotten 5 or 6 tickets in the last couple years by strategically racking up 2 tickets on one plate, then getting another one for the next 2 tickets and so on
>>
>>15301263
The ticket said there were extra fees if I paid online, I was already spending $90 I didn't want to spend and risk my insurance going up even more ( It actually went down and made me even more confused as to how the underwrite that shit )
Traffic cameras aren't as big of a deal as a cop actually pulling you over and giving you a citation since that's taken as grounds of an actual crime while cameras are just a cheap way for the state to make extra bucks
>>
>>15301229
>Apparently you want someone to validate your irresponsibility, sadly attacking someone while they call you on your shitty behavior just proves how immature you are.

Well, hopefully he is more mature now and wants to get a decent job and enter the taxpayer rolls. As a more substantial taxpayers, he can sort of payback to society what he has consumed so far in risk, opportunity costs, and wear and tear. But it will probably take a lawyer to craft a package that the judge can accept to have temporary waiving of points. I know rich people have done that in my area, but they have clout and the ability to "bribe" judges by hiring his family or friends with sinecure temporary jobs. For OP, it is a tough luck situation.
>>
>>15301263
>I never paid it and nothing bad ever happened.

Well, your state didn't want you to lose your job a that would cause more harm to the state than good. But without that perceived harm, the state would stick it to you. At five tickets in my state, you are given the scofflaw status. That means your driving license is suspended if the tickets were issued to you. If the tickets were issued to the car, then its registration is invalid. If another camera captures your car being driven while the plates are invalid, another charge of "driving with invalid plates" is added courtesy of that dated camera photo.

If you have scofflaw status, license renewals don't work, so you'll have to deal with it then. Of course, those people continue driving - without a valid driver's license. That is dangerous because at some point, depending on your company, the insurance clauses may be triggered to invalidate coverage under willful chronic criminal behaviour despite you continuing to pay for insurance. Thus, you ended up paying for insurance while not being able to actually use it. That by itself sort of made being a scofflaw kind of useless.

There are people who went bankrupt from an accident simply because they were surprised when their insurance refused coverage by using one of the coverage exemption clauses. So pay attention before you go to scofflaw status.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.