[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone give me a short lesson on how wet nitrous works?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 30108.jpg (378 KB, 810x608) Image search: [Google]
30108.jpg
378 KB, 810x608
Can someone give me a short lesson on how wet nitrous works? I'm ignorant on this topic and fairly new to cars and mechanics.

I drive an 06 Mustang GT with longtubes, catted h pipe, flowmaster outlaws and an JLT air intake with a 93 octane bama tune. Now, I don't know anything about nitrous. How does it work exactly? How long can you use it for? How long do bottles last? How much do they cost to re-fill? Where do I refill them?

Thanks
>>
File: 1465411003491.jpg (21 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
1465411003491.jpg
21 KB, 570x570
Can someone give me a short lesson on how wet nitrous works?
it injects fuel to keep up with the extra nitrous supply

How does it work exactly?
more oxygen is injected so you can burn more fuel, whichs makes you go faster
nitrous is for cooling

How long can you use it for?
as long as the bottle or ur engine lasts
as the bottle gets empty you will have less pressure, so try to keep it properly filled

How long do bottles last?
depends how much you are injecting

How much do they cost to re-fill?
pretty cheap

Where do I refill them?
anywhere that sells N2O

if you are installing a wet system make sure you do it right or you are going to blow up your intake
also, mad trips when inhaling it

10/10 best form of forced induction would use again
>>
>>15231442
Not the same guy but can u give me a rundown on dry nitrous systems then? I thought the nitrous was the fuel. I was under the impression that the N2O was burning and you did not need to inject more fuel the way you do in say, a Turbo system where the Turbo is adding more air.
>>
>>15231442
How long can you use a bottle for? For what sizes too?
>>
>>15231457
dry systems inject N2O before the oxygen sensor, so the ecu knows it needs to compensate with more fuel, it is obviously limited by the injectors, which is why wet systems exist
>>
>>15231463
it depends on how much you are spraying and the size of ur bottle

a bottle will obviously last longer if you are just sparing with a 50hp nozzle than with a 300hp nozzle

read this
http://dsportmag.com/the-tech/nitrous-oxide-101-the-last-laugh/
http://dsportmag.com/the-tech/nitrous-201-advanced-nitrous-oxide-technologies/
>>
>>15231442
Is it possible to run a 100 shot for 90 seconds straight with two 10lb bottles?
>>
File: $_57.jpg (229 KB, 1600x1241) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
229 KB, 1600x1241
>>15231431

Nitrous is N20
- nonflammable gas but its just used for oxygen content

A 'wet' shot is when nitrous is mixed with extra fuel to provide a more powerful combustion

If you dont have engine internals built for it, its useless. Its much more common to go with a 'dry' shot, its a little safer and doesn't stress your engine as much

>How long can you use it
Well theoretically forever so long as the shot isnt too much where the combustion would overstress the internals and crack or break something. It would definitely put more stress on these parts, wearing them down faster, thus requiring more frequent maintenance.

>How long do bottles last
-it depends how often you have the system 'on'; however you choose to activate it, footswitch on WOT or on a switch/button. Obviously the longer and more often you're pumping nitrous into the engine, the faster it'll waste. Ever play GranTurismo4? That was probably the closest game simulation to nitrous i've experienced and maybe since youre here you've played. You'd adjust the sizes of 'jets' and that would change the rate at which it would empty the bottle.

tldr: depends on how its used

>how much do they cost to refill/where?
depends on the size of the bottle, avg size is 10 lbs and costs ~$50 to refill at local speed shops. That would be very specific to your area.

Pic related is your answer
>>
>>15231486
probably, you just need to calculate if you will have enough pressure at the end, but why?, i dont see the point unless you are going full throttle peak power for those 90 seconds

if you are going to be deaccelerating and changing gears or want the nitrous to have a progressive feel just get that, a progressive nitrous system
>>
>>15231457
Nitrous is the oxidizer. In a wet system the fuel also acts as a heat sink, a dry system is just pure nitrous being pumped into the cylinders and so they tend to run very hot and lean.
>>
>Now, I don't know anything about nitrous.

>How does it work exactly?

The wet shot is injected into the intake manifold via a diy bung usually on the intake tube after the maf or a plate that goes between the throttle body and intake manifold.

Extra o2 and fuel in your combustion chamber makes more power. Its kind of like FI, except instead of pressurized air for more oxy its a substance that's rich in o2
>How long can you use it for?
Til your bottle runs out or until you hit the overdrive gear (pro tip don't spray on your overdrive gear). Don't spray past redline ever.
> How long do bottles last?
Like five to ten 1/4 passes
>How much do they cost to re-fill?
60 for my 15lb bottle $4/lb ftw
>Where do I refill them?
A race shop or a boomer store where they sell slicks and chrome alternators and other boomer stuff
>>
>>15231490
A dry shot and wet shot both use additional fuel. A wet shot, you set your N/F ratio via jetting. A dry shot you set your nitro jet, spray that on the MAF and you essentially trust your injectors to compensate
>>
can i put nitro in my stock 1997 sentra
>>
>>15232423
It'd probably take a 50 dry shot at the absolute maximum
>>
>>15232456
is that fast
>>
>>15232461
It will make your car maybe faster then a base model 1997 integra but you will probably blow a head gasket
>>
>>15232470
those are bretty cheap though
how fast is a stock 1997 integra
>>
Wet is where you inject fuel into the intake like it's 1921 again, dry systems you inject that sweet additional air and use more injector duty to make more bang
>>
>>15231500
>Not wanting those sweet top speed blasts where you're WOT in top gear for over a minute
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.