[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit /o/ why didn't you tell me that those little fwd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Ford_Fiesta_MK4_front_20070926.jpg (395 KB, 1707x1212) Image search: [Google]
Ford_Fiesta_MK4_front_20070926.jpg
395 KB, 1707x1212
Holy shit /o/ why didn't you tell me that those little fwd small-engined light shitboxes like pic related can be so fun to drive?

It's so cheap I'm literally gonna get one to just beat it around.
>>
>>15142609
> Independent suspension
> Next to no weight
> Surprisingly powerful engine
> No overhangs

They even have a mk3 Fiesta race formula. Those things are inanely good for just throwing around, and you can even get them sideways with a little effort.
I used to drive my mother's one, and it was fucking crazy on the right roads. I'd have bought my own if I didn't get cramps from sitting in the thing.
>>
>>15142637
I only drove the 1.25 liter 16v variant which has like 75 horsepower. Not exactly the most powerful engine but fuck me is this little bastard nible thanks to the low weight. And it eats little to no fuel with an engine this small.

Wish I could drive something like a Peugeot 106 with a better engine.
>>
>>15142684
the saxo cup is amazing, 120 hp for a car that weigths ±900 kg is total fun
>>
>>15142739
Yeah but trying to find a Saxo VTS is nearly impossible these days.
>>
>>15142775
in stock form i agree
>>
>>15142775
Or a 106 GTi.

Fuck, you could try a 1st gen Twingo 16V for next to nothing, just 75hp but it weighs less than 900kg.
>>
>>15142791
Is Twingo a meme? Or is it really a fun car to drive?

The Fiesta I drove has about the same specs you mentioned and it was hella fun.
>>
>>15142789
No, I mean in ANY form. It's like those cars just ceased to exist.

It makes me legit mad. I seriously wouldn't mind it if some cheap supercompact hatchbacks with small but powerful engines started being manufactured again.
>>
>>15142802
Renault knows how to make a good chassis, so its driving dynamics are surprisingly good.

And if you think it lacks power, Clio engines and gearboxes should bolt right in.
>>
It's fun to drive a shitbox that you don't care about. And literally beat the fuck out of it until it can't move anymore.

It's like driving a rental car.
>>
>>15142810
I don't really have a friendly mechanic that would do a swap cheaply nor do I think I could find a decent Clio engine for it.

I'll try to find one to give it a spin though.
>>
>>15142815
I gotta look into the autoslalom/autocross scene. Or maybe even some shitbox rally. I always wanted to do this. Only problem is that I feel like there will always be some faggot with a rally trim and engine who will beat my ass to the finish line but whatever...
>>
>>15142834
it would still be fun even if you lost and everyone else was taking it seriously.
>>
>>15142850
It'd be even more fun if I'd actually finish second or first despite having a far worse car. Like a Twingo lmao.
>>
File: I LOVE CORNERS.jpg (210 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
I LOVE CORNERS.jpg
210 KB, 900x600
>>15142866
Do it.
>>
>>15142891
I guess I'd have to be a really good driver. But oh boy would this be the ultimate machine for trolling the pro fags.
>>
>tfw b14 sentras
>1.6 cyl 16v dohc making 120hp
>in a 2100lb car
I miss mine. Taught me how to wrench
>>
File: Ka Rallycross.jpg (159 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Ka Rallycross.jpg
159 KB, 1024x683
>>15142609
Shitboxes are fun to experiment with, mainly because you're paying more for any modifications than you are for the car.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.