[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
autopilot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 540x720
I realize the consensus here is that autopilot is shit and takes away the driving experience, but what about an autopilot mode only for the freeway where it just keeps you in your lane?
This is all I want. It still allows for a manual transmission and doesn't degrade the driving experience. I can't even count the number of times that I've spent many mind numbing hours on the freeway wishing I could be doing something else other than holding a steering wheel straight.
What does /o/ think?
>>
>>15141649
I'm fine with autopilot for all of the normie drivers since they'd rather look at dick pics than concentrate on the fucking road. For the rest of us that actually enjoy driving? Don't need it and you can't retroactively install it. Just keep using shitboxes and we'll be fine.
>>
>>15141649
cruise control which is radar adaptive
lane keeping monitor and assist

I think these were first available in the infiniti m45 an q45. enabled you to set the cruise control, radar will slow you down to a stop if necessary and get you started back to your set speed, if it's clear in front of you, and the lane keeping assist will allow you to let go of the wheel and take a nice nap.
>>
>>15141649
Autonomous driving will be a great thing, since an insane amount of people don't WANT to drive (or at least parts of their trips, highways especially), and they tend to not be paying attention during those times.
There's also the large amount of morons on the road, and statistics show a worrying amount of accidents that are caused by stupid-ass mistakes.
Autonomous cars will have way, way less accidents...as long as they're made by competent companies.

I'm worried about autonomous Teslas. They're just throwing shit on the market real quick and hope to get rich of it.
Meanwhile every other major company is spending years of development on it.

I just hope Tesla won't kill autonomous driving before good cars get a shot at it.
>>
>>15141649
It's been a thing for well over 15 years now
>>
>>15141649
I think autopilot's great, if youre commuting to work everyday, or going on a long trip on the freeway - however it should be completely optional and you should still be allowed to control your vehicle while on a freeway.
Once all of the cars are autonomous then there will be no need for humans driving cars, but I still believe that it should be entirely optional.
>>
>2050 (also known as United Year 20)
>President of The United Nations of Zion Barack Hussein Obama declares that non-autonomous cars are now illegal under penalty of death by execution squad
>only jews can own non-autonomous cars and you must submit proof of your jewishness to the ruling body of our glorious world to gain such privilege
It's a Brave Jew World
>>
I actually want autopilot to be a thing, I just don't want it to be legally required and replace real driving.

Most people in the US are shit drivers, a computer will be more predictable and easier to drive alongside.
>>
Keep in mind that you can still legally drive a Ford Model T, so your shit box isn't going to be illegal any time soon
>>
If autopilot turns out good, they will never let people drive themselves again. You are deluding yourself if they will give you an option to either autopilot or drive yourself. You will be a danger to them.
Or they will raise the insurance real fucking high if you drive by yourself. (Don't worry, move to some third world country where not everyone can afford the newest car, and everyone drives 90's shitboxes)
>>
>>15142644
Fucking moron, you don't deserve my time to explain why you're such a faggot.
>>
Something tells me autopilot mode is going to be INCREDIBLY annoying. You're going to get stuck behind walls of cars going the speed limit or slower in autopilot mode, and since the idiots in the cars will be busy snapchatting or whatever it is retards do with their phones when they're driving so you won't be able to pass because nobody will look in the mirror and move over for you.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.