[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RNC Rules Committee: "Democracy Is Not the Way We Do It"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/rnc-rules-insiders-speak-out-contested-convention-n541146

>If no presidential candidate wins a majority of delegates and Republicans face a contested convention this summer, a small group of party insiders will have huge sway over who wins — and how to resolve a rift that could fracture the Republican Party.

>After all the campaigning, debates and primaries, the GOP's presidential nomination could hinge on what these insiders decide.

>The RNC Rules Committee decides party regulations and writes the first draft of convention rules, which are finalized by a convention rules committee and submitted to a floor vote.

>Those rules are crucial. They decide which candidates are on the ballot: They could pass a rule allowing only Donald Trump to run in Cleveland, or a rule enabling new candidates to challenge him. They can decide how delegates vote — and when delegates can switch teams to support rival candidates. These are the kind of restrictions that could make the difference between a coronation or chaos in Cleveland.

>According to new interviews with more than a third of the 56 members of the RNC Rules Committee, these party insiders have strong views about how to run a convention.
<story continues...>
>>
trump revolution iminent
>>
>>29932
Just what Shillary needs to win the presidency.
>>
>>29891
A lot of people don't realize that the selection process isn't democratic and was never intended to be.
>>
>>29938
Please.
Trump's the only one with a decent chance at beating her, Kasich and Cruz are dead from the start
>>
>>29944
Trump will easily trounce Shillary. Unless the repubs want to elect an establishment member over a party member, Every other repub candidate will lose to her.

I'm still hoping for Bernie and Trump being the nominees, guaranteeing us an establishment free choice for a president.
>>
>>29939
Tough cookies for the RINOs.
>>
>>29932
I have news for you: Nobody likes Trump - they're mainly voting for him because they're spineless and will vote for whoever is the loudest.
>>
>>29977
Come and say that to my face and while your at it meet my second amendment right called 30O6
>>
>>29980
That pathetic thing couldn't shoot fleas off a dog!
>>
>>29980
Edgy.

I love how Trump supporters are truly the most bluepilled people on /pol/, despite their pretensions of truly understanding how the world works. I used to think /pol/ didn't deserve the cuckening, but nowadays I think it deserves a second.
>>
>>29988
I'm no long voting for just a man I'm voting for the Ideology of my amendment rights under his name.
>>
>>29990
Don't drink too much koolaid, Anon.
>>
>>29932

I just do not see how the GOP will allow a non-GOP candidate like Trump to be their candidate.

They're going to make sure he does not secure the nomination during the first round, at which point they can pick whomever they want in round 2.

In in the case he does have enough delegates to secure the nomination in round 1... its their party and their party rules, they'll change the rules if they have to but they can and will do so. They'd rather Trump's nom-assassination were to occur in the shadows in round 2 but if they're forced they'll do it publicly.

It doesn't matter if Trump can beat Hillary or not, they will not let him have the nomination.
>>
>>29991
Are you implying I'm black last time i checked BLM was for Bernie.
>>
>>29988
Once again the WORLD CAN GO FUCK ITSELF I ONLY CARE ABOUT AMERICA THE LAND I LIVE IN.
>>
Didn't they all agree when trump promised not to run third party they would support him if he won fair & square? Not that their agreement means too much
>>
>>30056
Yes they all agreed but afaik no penalties were ever laid out if they break the agreement.
>>
>>29939
It will be if the entire world is watching them
>>
>>29990
>he thinks Trump supports gun rights

Do your research /k/omrade
>>
Do black people not like trump? My impression was that they hated mexicans and muslims just as much as everyone else.
>>
>>30209
depends on who you ask:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/c-nicole-mason/black-vote-donald-trump_b_8711078.html
>The Majority of Black will not vote for Donald Trump

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/12/breaking-poll-40-of-blacks-line-behind-trump-45-of-hispanics/
>40% of blacks line up behind Trump

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/21/donald-trump-has-black-supporters-really.html
>No really! Donald Trump DOES have black supporters!
>>
>>30209
From the point of the UK press they all hate Trump and constantly point out that he's racist the sad thing is that he gets more coverage than anyone else http://twittileaks.co.uk/category/uk-news-coverage-of-donald-trump
>>
>>29956
>>30069
They'll just do what they want to do anyway and the party will collapse, which is what we all wanted anyway when we started supporting Trump.
>>
>>29990
While I do think you're incredibly misinformed, you make a good point about voting for the ideologies you agree with over the personality of the candidate. One of the reasons American politics has turned into a caricature of itself is because people vote for the candidate they like the most, not the one who will represent them the best.
>>
>>30209
more of them like trump than mitt Romney or other republicans.

But the ones who don't like trump REALLY don't like him because they've been told that he is racist and will oppress and persecute blacks.
>>
>>29993
Surely they aren't that shortsighted? A brokered convention where the plurality winner doesn't win will surely cause the GOP to lose the remaining legitimacy they still have.
>>
>>30253
> GOP
> remaining legitimacy they still have

PICK ONE.
>>
Watch this faggots:

Yes I know it's Rachel Fucking Maddow but she has the footage of what the GOP did to the Ron Paul people in 2012:

on.msnbc.com/1pRQuAf
>>
>>30253
Legitimacy to whom, though? I think the establishment would rather lose a lot of support than be taken over by people they largely disagree with.
>>
>>30209
Trump will get more black support than any other Republican.
>>
>>30189
Doesn`t support 2amendment right huh well you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>29891
>According to new interviews with more than a third of the 56 members of the RNC Rules Committee, these party insiders have strong views about how to run a convention.
I'm more worried about the fact that they seem unsure if the remaining 2/3 have strong views on how to run a convention

I should hope everyone in the rules committee isn't indifferent about their one fucking job
>>
wow this board is really shit why does it even exist? it was supposed to be an impartial news board
>>
>>30675
4chan is never impartial.
>>
>>30675
nothing is ever impartial

Also, stay out of politics threads on /news/, it's what most people do.
>>
>>30675
Post non political news then, faggot.
>>
>>30252
>But the ones who don't like trump REALLY don't like him because they've been told that he is racist and will oppress and persecute blacks.

I'm not trying to be /pol/, but American blacks are so easy to mislead and string along on their gut hatreds and tribalistic impulses that it's honestly quite sad. Just look at the Democratic primary, Bernie let some BLM protesters take over one of his rallies and left doing a black power salute while Hillary is a Southern Democrat who probably called blacks niggers behind closed doors up through the 90s, but they're all voting for Hillary in droves because women are a minority so she's "one of them." Tell black Americans someone or something is racist and they'll riot and swarm to tear it down, even if it's the fucking messiah trying to bring them God's very salvation. Like pigs to the slaughter.
>>
>>30252
i dont give a fuck about blacks and i still hate trump, hes going to piss away billions on his political whims(ie the wall).
>>
>>29988
>>29991
>>30189
the shilling is hard

>>29977
I have news for you too retard:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html
>>
>>30947
>hurr durr everybody who isn't for Trump is automatically a shill
Does it ever get tiresome being so boring and predictable? /pol/ really needs new memes.

I have news for you as well, ignoramus:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/
>>
>>30948
>trump still leading
nothing wrong here

anomalies have always existed, at least Trump is legit and isn't a shill for the Koch brothers and other billionaires.

>Does it ever get tiresome being so boring and predictable?

same applies to you.

>ignoramus
kek
>>
>>30949
Protip: you can't read if you think Trump is leading
>>
>>30788
I hate to break it to you but the public at large is "easy to mislead and string along." The rest of the population has different triggers, sure, but look at everything involving the W. Bush era Republican Party. If you're even the slightest bit honest about it, you'll see just as much manipulation and fearmongering.
>>
>>31000
>W. Bush era
>IMPEACH BUSH NOW!!!1111
>CHIMPEACH THE CHIMPEROR
Wait, what are you referring to specfically?
>>
>>31000
Nice digits for a nice post.
I don't turn on the television for the news anymore because of how so many popular networks just go for what's sensational and tugs at the pathos of different demographics, while hardly giving any statistics on the matter. Interviews end up becoming circlejerks and debates end up becoming a circus.

Not to say the internet is much better eith all the clickbait and twitter wars but at least I have all the freedom to grind through and find the diamonds in the rough than being spoonfed bullshit like the general public is.
>>
>>30952
I read this right now Trump is leading.
>>
>>31158
Here let me spoonfeed you, oh illiterate one:

>Florida: Trump vs. Clinton NBC/WSJ/Marist Clinton 49, Trump 41 Clinton +8
>Florida: Cruz vs. Clinton NBC/WSJ/Marist Clinton 48, Cruz 43 Clinton +5
>Florida: Rubio vs. Clinton NBC/WSJ/Marist Rubio 46, Clinton 47 Clinton +1
>Florida: Trump vs. Sanders NBC/WSJ/Marist Trump 42, Sanders 50 Sanders +8
>Florida: Cruz vs. Sanders NBC/WSJ/Marist Sanders 48, Cruz 41 Sanders +7
>Ohio: Trump vs. Clinton NBC/WSJ/Marist Clinton 48, Trump 42 Clinton +6
>Ohio: Cruz vs. Clinton NBC/WSJ/Marist Clinton 45, Cruz 47 Cruz +2
>Ohio: Kasich vs. Clinton NBC/WSJ/Marist Kasich 57, Clinton 36 Kasich +21
>Ohio: Trump vs. Sanders NBC/WSJ/Marist Sanders 50, Trump 41 Sanders +9
>Ohio: Cruz vs. Sanders NBC/WSJ/Marist Sanders 45, Cruz 44 Sanders +1
>Illinois: Trump vs. Clinton NBC/WSJ/Marist Clinton 57, Trump 32 Clinton +25
>Illinois: Cruz vs. Clinton NBC/WSJ/Marist Clinton 51, Cruz 40 Clinton +11
>Illinois: Trump vs. Sanders NBC/WSJ/Marist Sanders 60, Trump 30 Sanders +30
>Illinois: Cruz vs. Sanders NBC/WSJ/Marist Sanders 55, Cruz 35 Sanders +20
>Ohio: Trump vs. Clinton PPP (D) Clinton 45, Trump 40 Clinton +5
>Ohio: Cruz vs. Clinton PPP (D) Clinton 45, Cruz 40 Clinton +5
>Ohio: Kasich vs. Clinton PPP (D) Kasich 52, Clinton 37 Kasich +15
>Ohio: Trump vs. Sanders PPP (D) Sanders 44, Trump 40 Sanders +4
>Ohio: Cruz vs. Sanders PPP (D) Sanders 44, Cruz 38 Sanders +6
>General Election: Trump vs. Clinton NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl Clinton 51, Trump 38 Clinton +13
>General Election: Cruz vs. Clinton NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl Cruz 45, Clinton 47 Clinton +2
>General Election: Rubio vs. Clinton NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl Rubio 46, Clinton 46 Tie
>General Election: Trump vs. Sanders NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl Sanders 55, Trump 37 Sanders +18
>General Election: Trump vs. Clinton ABC News/Wash Post Clinton 50, Trump 41 Clinton +9

tl;dr: Trump is the underdog.
>>
>>31163
I love how its all NBC/WSJ numbers who are very blue.
Trump is the underdog. NEVER COUNT OUT THE UNDERDOG WHO'S SURGING WITH THE POLLS EVERYDAY. By the way how old are those numbers got any links to them because Rubio lost his home state to Trump, he isn't even in the race anymore. Kasich has won home state but doesn't even have enough delegates to stay in the race other then being puppet-ed. Trump won both Florida and Illinois. Clinton is getting high numbers because she's against Bernie right now.
>>
>>31182
>WHO'S SURGING WITH THE POLLS EVERYDAY
I just posted the polls. Protip: there is no surge.You don't appear to understand the difference between the primary and the general election and how there will be very different voters in the general than in the primary.
>>
>Democratic party
>Hillary wins based on six consecutive favorable coin tosses and literally headcounting

>demands that non-citizens be allowed to vote the same as actual citizens
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.