[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Denver bike thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: Denver-Beer-Co-300x225.jpg (29 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Denver-Beer-Co-300x225.jpg
29 KB, 300x225
I have been checking out Denver this summer and I am impressed by how bike friendly it is.
I hope more cities follow suit.
The downtown area is full of people on bikes on weekends , more than in cars maybe.
Does anyone know of a good free parking lot near downtown withing biking distance of the 16th street mall?
>>
>>962739
Take a train there you fag.
>>
>>962928
can I take my bike on the train?
>>
>>963021
Hi! I see you're posting a thread about biking in Denver. Yes, you can take your bike on the train, I do it every single day. Also, tonight is Denver Cruiser Ride, check it out, it's a blast! I'll be there. Look for a guy on a black Pugsley and say the codeword: ">implying".

Also, keep in mind that you can only ride your bike on 16th street mall on Sundays, you will be ticketed on other days. Remember, if someone parks in the bike lane downtown, go right ahead and fold their mirror out.

Motorists are *generally* pretty friendly towards cyclists here, because it's a very active city, but there are always going to be a few assholes. Have you explored the cherry creek / platte river / highline canal trails yet? Have you gotten any good mountain biking in yet?

A few great places to ride that are accessible via the light rail are:
Lookout Mountain (Road)
Deer Creek Canyon (Road)
Waterton Canyon (Gravel)

A favourite of mine is to ride the front side of Lookout, and then come down the back side, up to Red Rocks, and then back through Morrison.

See you at cruisers tonight!
>>
>>963053
Group rides like that are fred magnets. And I like to actually move instead of getting stuck inside a group of slow, swerving, alcoholics, that are just contributing to traffic.
>>
>>963053
I live out east in Aurora the only place near here is Cherry Creek Reservoir and that's a easy ride. I should check out Deer Creek, I've done Waterton and liked it.
>>
>>963053
Thanks anon!
I have only been to 16th on sunday so I would have never known.
I am not back in Denver till sunday so will miss the cruise.
I am a fred I suppose, while I have several bikes in storage out of state , the only one I have here is a hybrid diamond back I bought of craigslist for 100 bucks.
I am def more into getting around than hammering.
I will probably be downtown on sunday to hit the biju curry place and tool around since I can park for free and then get my bike out..
>>
>tfw training and getting more and more miles for the last few months just for the denver century
>as supposed to be my 1st century
>finalized maps get released today
>98.7 miles
mother fuckers... it looks like I may have to go off course to finish a climb up a small mountain to break the 100 mark.
>>
>>964113
Its still a century anon, no need to quibble about a few miles at the end
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-02-17-12h56m42s19.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-02-17-12h56m42s19.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>963438
No freds, per se, but DCR is certainly a booze cruise.

Don't worry though, I balance it out with other stuff.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-21-22h29m33s58.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-21-22h29m33s58.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>964113
Just ride a couple miles before the start...

I'm going bikepacking next weekend, can't wait. Loving all the awesome routes out here.
>>
>>964778
>bikepacking
i didnt even know that was a thing
>>
File: 8ab.jpg (53 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
8ab.jpg
53 KB, 640x640
>>965611
It's like touring but minus the
>loaded panniers
>>
>>965622
uhhgg, I would rather load the weight on my bike than on my back... you must be traveling light weight? whats in your pack?
>>
bumb
>>
heading downtown to biju later today
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.