[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animal Collective Albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: animalcollective_feels.jpg (328 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
animalcollective_feels.jpg
328 KB, 600x600
So I thought Feels was decent but I didn't enjoy it very much. Pretty disappointed desu.

This was my first AC album. Is there point in me carrying on to Strawberry Jam and Merriweather? Do they continue the same kind of sound? Or do they go somewhere else completely. I don't really think I want more of the same of what Feels had to offer.
>>
For the most part their albums are all very different
I'd say try Strawberry Jam and Sung Tongs and if neither of those click with you there's no point in listening to more of their discog.
>>
>>64037458
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>64037411
Most of their albums have radically different sounds so I wouldn't give up just yet. If you want something crazier then try Spirit (or some of their other early work but Spirit might be the easiest to get into and best of their really early stuff). I would try going backwards in their discography rather than forwards at first because there is probably more in common with Feels and Strawberry Jam than with their early discography. Not entirely sure what you are looking for in terms of sound though. What don't you like about Feels and what do you wish it sounded more like?
>>
>>64037699
Well. The songs I really liked off it were Bees, Daffy Duck and Loch Raven.

Not so much songs like Grass and Banshee Beat.

Idk if that helps. I guess I was hoping for the melancholia that was in songs like Bees, I guess edging toward more pure psychedelia rather than the pop psychedelia that seemed to emerge on songs like Grass and other points in the album.

As a music listener though, I enjoy experimentation, and I also enjoy albums that are homogeneous, and I guess drone-y and monotone.
>>
>>64037856
Ok you're probably going to want to go backwards to Sung Tongs and maybe even Here Comes the Indian. Maybe try out Panda's Person Pitch as it makes use of a lot of repetition.
>>
strawberry jam is the one. album is bananas. take or leave everything else
>>
>>64037905
Okay thanks, appreciate it.
>>
>>64037856
yeah listen to their older stuff. You might like Campfire Songs. Not so sure if you'd like Spirit from that. It does have a lot of experimentation but is still very melody driven (its my favorite if you can't tell). You might like Danse but idk not many people like it. Also definitely check out Person Pitch like the other anon said, it seems like exactly what you're looking for.
>>
>>64037411
If you don't like Merriweather Post Pavilion or Strawberry Jam, you won't like any of it.
>>
>>64037411
MPP is what lured me in, then I checked out STGSTV and was hooked. I really think it's best to explore AnCo chronologically desu.
>>
>>64038715
This
>>
They mostly suck. I saw them live it was kinda cool and trippy but then it got queer
>>
>>64038715
This isn't really true, SJ/MPP are a 6&7 for me but I love their earlier stuff, especially before Feels
>>
>>64038715
Not always true, i listened to MPP and hated it and put off listening to any of their other stuff because of it. Now i love almost all of their stuff. I still cant stand MPP tho
>>
File: 1348629761076.png (16 KB, 418x400) Image search: [Google]
1348629761076.png
16 KB, 418x400
sung tongs is their best just for the songs leaf house and who could win a rabbit

otherwise not that interesting
>>
>>64038893
Leaf House is pretty good but most of the album is better than Who Could Win A Rabbit. The Softest Voice, Winter's Love, Kids on Holiday, Visiting Friends, We Tigers, Mouth Wooed Her.
>>
H C T I
C
T
I

HCTI>SJ>MPP>STGSTV>Feels=Sung Tongs
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2674x1786) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2674x1786
>>
>>64039615
>no Sleep Cycle
discarded
>>
>>64039615
> If you love Feels check out People
THANK YOU BASED ANON, ITS FUCKING GREAT
>>
>>64037856
I'd second Campfire songs and here comes the Indian if you likes those. Possibly Tung songs. You probably won't like MPP or strawberry jam though.
>>
File: ANCO chart 2.png (1 MB, 1300x2000) Image search: [Google]
ANCO chart 2.png
1 MB, 1300x2000
>>64039615
>>64039672
>>64039845
Hello.
>>
>>64039919

THIS IS
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.