[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BADBADNOTGOOD - IV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: BADBADNOTGOOD - IV.jpg (244 KB, 1024x1016) Image search: [Google]
BADBADNOTGOOD - IV.jpg
244 KB, 1024x1016
BadBadNotGood's 4th studio album, IV, released worldwide today. It features their newly added 4th member, saxophonist Leland Whitty.

What are your thoughts on it?
Greatest so far? Worst so far? BBNG2 was better? BBNG are plebs?

They had a popup shop release party in Toronto today, pretty great. I got every musician on III to sign my copy of the album.
>>
Viral marketing.
>>
I got the leak of it like 3 weeks ago. It's really good tho.
>>
File: Black italian.jpg (23 KB, 462x462) Image search: [Google]
Black italian.jpg
23 KB, 462x462
>>66269922
I've been a fan of them for a while and the album is pretty good, but the first response in right. I'm okay with viral marketing if it's low key, but you're a fucking faggot. Get off this board.
>>
>>66269942
>>66270289
What the fuck do you think you guys are saying?
A record released today do you expect it not to be discussed on a music board?
I'm not even trying to market these guys I'm simply stating a fact and asking for discussion.

viral marketing: a method of product promotion that relies on getting customers to market an idea, product, or service on their own by telling their friends about it

I'm not promoting a product, and you guys aren't my "friends". I'm asking for music discussion on a music discussion board. If anyone has been on the board too long, it's you, for believing that a mention of an album is "viral marketing".

Fucking faggot.
>>
>>66271444
Well at first I thought we were all having a laugh and that this probably wasn't actually viral marketing, just some dumb dumb 16 year old but now I'm absolutely sure that it is viral marketing.

Plus BBNG is kind of terrible.
>>
>>66271582
why are you sure now it is viral marketing? at least explain yourself because currently you are just repeating the same 2 words thinking you are making a coherent point

taste is subjective so you can have that but just throwing around words without explanation shouldn't be expected to have any meaning
>>
>>66269922
Ay, did you cop the towel?
>>
>>66271674
Post a picture of your signed copy of III
>>
I liked 2 and 3 better but it's still good. The track with Stetson is probably my favorite. I saw them live last month and they were top notch, they may not be the most "patrician" band around but they sound excellent live and know how to work a crowd.
>>
>>66271674
>>66269942
BBNG 2 got 9/10 from TND and they made a collab album w/ ghostface just last year. Not to mentin they are fairly popular among various Jazz communities.

They have no reason to viral any of their shit you ignorant fucking trolls
>>
File: 20160708_222347[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160708_222347[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>66271735

>>66271743
Agree 100% with the last point. The energy they have live is almost incomparable and have a great skill for improvisation. So far this is my favorite album, but most people I know still prefer 2.

>>66271811
That was a point I forgot to put in. They have worked with Tyler, Drake, Earl, Frank Ocean, Ghostface and Doom. They don't need marketing. They were on Jimmy Kimmel for fuck's sake.
>>
File: 20160708_222358[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160708_222358[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>66271848
The other 2 musicians on III.
>>
>>66271848
>The energy they have live is almost incomparable and have a great skill for improvisation.
Before you get defensive- I'm just curious- who were the last three jazz artists you saw live? Other than BBNG.
>>
>>66271885
I've worked with a jazz band before and I've only seen local acts. You could say I haven't seen a lot of other jazz shows to compare them too, and I'd agree with you.
BUT, I've watched a lot of old and new jazz performances uploaded online, and the new improvisation (Misc. for example) is not usually as great as the older improvisation (Weather Report, EXAMPLE).
>>
why is everyone railing this trip for nothing
this board is a cesspool
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.