[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /mu/ like Tori Amos?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: folder.jpg (71 KB, 769x768) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
71 KB, 769x768
Does /mu/ like Tori Amos?
>>
File: myra.jpg (487 KB, 2744x1829) Image search: [Google]
myra.jpg
487 KB, 2744x1829
>>66245314
don't know about /mu/ but I was a huge fan of her work up to Scarlett's Walk. She kinda fell off my radar after that. I re-ripped my CD's to lossless this week and have been listening to her a lot.
>>
File: toriamos1.jpg (30 KB, 567x450) Image search: [Google]
toriamos1.jpg
30 KB, 567x450
i was one of those obsessives who collected all the cd singles with the b-sides and shit. really hoping she shakes up her sound at some point. it's getting samey sounding. the beekeeper was the last tori album i liked start to finish.
>>
I would tori her amos if you know what I mean
>>
>>66245713
I bought the main albums but downloaded every thing that was available on a very popular Tori related FTP site in the mid nineties. I also saw her live 3 times starting with the 'Dew Drop Inn" tour.
>>
little earthquakes and under the pink are really good

haven't heard her other albums yet
>>
I do. She is my favorite female musician.
>>
>>66245789
Here shows in the 90's must be magical. How old are you if may I ask?
>>
File: bfp.jpg (748 KB, 1300x1137) Image search: [Google]
bfp.jpg
748 KB, 1300x1137
>>66245828
She experimented with using a harpsichord and New Orleans style brass band on the "Boys For Pele" album. Her lyrics began getting more obscure with that album though.
>>
Boys for pele is heavier than any Swans album.
>>
>>66246004
I the resident old fart. I'm 55 years old. You'll see me defending U2. Mostly because I have seen them live 5 times starting with the ZooTV tour which as good as the Tori shows were. Still couldn't hold a candle to the live visual/aural onslaught that was ZOOTV.
>>
>>66245828
Her discography is solid up to Bee Keeper. Listening to any of those albums will not leave you disappointed.
>>
>>66246111
I really wish I could see her live in the 90's. Of course I was too young to even know her back then.
>>
>>66246208
her shows were great. As i mentioned I saw the Dew Drop Inn Tour, The "Plugged 98" tour, and the "51/2 Weeks" Tour which she shared headlining with Alanis Morrissette. All 3 of those shows were at least 8 out 10 performances.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.