[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this art rap?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Is this art rap?
>>
>>66216016

Oh it's something alright
>>
maybe fart rap xD
>>
>>66216487
o shit lmao
>>
>>66216487
New meme fart rap

Nice B)
>>
>>66216016
Probably
>>
more like narcissism rap
>>
>>66216951

OWNAGE!
>>
I wish kanye could actually write music that matched his personality and how outrageous it is. Life if pablo and yeezus are so fucking sterile
>>
>>66217451
>"Black dick all up in your spouse again"
I think it fits.
>>
>>66216487
>>66216514
>>66216634
>>66217373
This isn't reddit sorry
>>
I honestly think it is.

I love the crate digging Kanye, all the random-ass soul samples scattered throughout.

The songs don't really follow any sort of structure, and he's gotten better at capturing moments instead of just recording more verse-chorus-verse-chorus pop rap.

I would argue that lyricism ranges from ok to bad, but the songs themselves are among some of the more interesting work Ye has done in his career. I love the blending of hi-fi and lo-fi, with some dusty old soul samples meshing with
$10,000 synths, and a lot of drum machines sound really thin and wispy (ie. not the FOCUS of the music anymore) just kinda whipping the beat to a light froth.

Honestly this is still my AOTY, and I really did not want it to be this way. This record is so much better than Yeezus it's hilarious. Insane replay value.

I listen to Pablo more now than I did in February.
>>
>>66218160
It's really hard for me to define how I feel about kanye, especially his recent output, although I guess if I interpret how I feel literally than I guess it's just neutral. Although I will definitely concede that he's a good figure to have in the vast public eye. He does experiment a lot more than most other super popular artists. It's just not really for me though I do fux with it a bit
>>
File: b5247444.jpg (286 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
b5247444.jpg
286 KB, 1024x1024
nah this is art rap senpai
>>
>>66216016
yes!!!
>>
>>66217938
o shit lmao
>>
>>66218160
I think you've finally described how I feel about it.
I just love how well all the odd samples end up sounding just right. The first half of the album is definitely one of my favorite things to listen to this year.
>>
yeah but that doesn't mean it's good. Check out Busdriver, Billy Woods, the Roots, the list goes on
>>
It's overrated trash I'll say that much.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.