[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best Mars Volta album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Frances_the_Mute.png (147 KB, 318x313) Image search: [Google]
Frances_the_Mute.png
147 KB, 318x313
What's the best Mars Volta album?
>>
Relationship of Command
>>
>>66214747
lol
>>
Deloused.

That is objectively their best.
>>
the one that doesn't exist
>>
>>66214696
you posted it
>>
>>66214696
This album
>>
>>66215085
Why do you say that
>>
amputechture is the objective best i would say
>>
From a "capitulating to my idea of what others also think" perspective I'd say it's either Frances or Deloused. Amputechture is quite good but it doesn't really have any short stand out tracks, so, averaging for plebs and partial patricians, it goes down a notch. Bedlam is one of the most obnoxious sounding records I've ever heard from a band that doesn't define itself as "noise" or "-core". As a fan of Sun Ra, Bedlam is even more obnoxious. God it hurts my ears at certain points. Love it though. But down a peg for that. Then we have Octahedron, it's a lot quieter and more reserved. "this isn't my volta!" Down a peg. Finally Noctourniquet, I don't have a good idea of what the general consensus is on this record. I think it's great and has some of the most interesting drumming I've ever heard. Seriously, who told him to play like that? What the fuck. That guy new what the fuck he was doing.

My personal list is probably like
10/10
10/10
10/10
10/10
10/10

Also, this is the track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTh_Y9pcnA
Omar heard that he then ripped off for the breakdown bit in "L'via Viaquez". It's just as awesome here. Holy shit these guys are good.
I always loved the latin bits of Volta and here's the genuine article!
>>
Wolfmother are better
>>
The one with TRANSIENT JET LAG
ECTO MIMED BISON
>>
>>66215346
>>66215380

eh I'd say it's a 2/10
>>
>>66216472
>From a "capitulating to my idea of what others also think" perspective

mars volta fans
>>
>>66215346
/Thread
>>
>>66218072
Get out Pitchfork. It is a 9/10 album. L' Via L' Viaquez was my least favorite track, but it still had some nice grooves and it is easily the most unique track on the album. With that Spanish wankiness.
>>
DeLoused.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.