[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/! I am wondering if any of you would want to join in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1
File: mm.png (31 KB, 1050x875) Image search: [Google]
mm.png
31 KB, 1050x875
Hey /mu/!

I am wondering if any of you would want to join in if I started up something kind of like /daily/ threads. I don't really know how /daily/ threads originated but hopefully some of you guys would back this up.

I notice minimal shitposting and most of the music sharing and actual music discussion happens most in genre themed threads so that's what gave me the idea to do this. For each month, we can vote on and dedicate a different genre to that month. Then, at the end of the month, vote on the most god-tier albums from that genre. If you don't like a month's genre, you can simply skip that month. Join in to discuss and share music or lurk and download music and listen along.

But I don't really know how to go about this without a bit of feedback and would not want to go about it if nobody would want to join in. So tell me what you think! Would you want to take part in this if it existed? What would you add or change to it if you did?
>>
>>66193163
Doesn't Sound like a bad idea for as tripfag.

Count me in.
>>
Let's listen to Cuntstomp!
>>
>>66193334
Yeah mostly only tripfagging so I can reply to feedback, never did it before
>>
Would participate
>>
>>66193163
Sounds really fun actually. It could also work with artist discographies, so consider that.

I guess you would make a sticky that would be something like this:

/monthly/

>What is /monthly/?

/monthly/ is an event(?) where a music genre is selected for the current month, and those participating listen to the genre. During the month, we share what we've been listening to in the genre and what we think of it. At the end of each month, we discuss and decide what the greatest albums in the genre are.

>This month's genre
French House [just an example]

Vote for next month's genre: [link]

[maybe a Mega link for some well-known albums in that genre]

[rym link to that genre's page]

Or something like that. I want help fixing it.
>>
I'm down with this. We should have listen-alongs for the albums that are voted the best.

Holla if you need help with anything.
>>
bump,
shall we start nominating genres for july?
>>
I'm >>66194492

I want to make a strawpoll for our first genre. First ten replies to this get in the strawpoll.
>>
Im in maybe get recs for some genres then make a strawpoll or something
>>
>>66194656
emo
maybe first 5 because probably won't be alot of votes
>>
>>66194656
dub techno
>>
>>66193163
Loving this idea anon
>>66194656
New Wave
>>
>>66194687
Yeah I'll take the first five. When should the poll close? 2AM central time works for me.
>>
>>66194656
New wave
>>
>>6619474
I dont see why that wouldnt work
>>
i'd like to participate
>>
>>66194656
freak folk
>>
>>66194656
vaporwave
>>
>>66194656
shoegaze
>>
But we already have "nothing but <genre> <month>" threads. Plus it's simpler to make a themed calendar on /daily/ and invite its participants to join you on that.

I remember there being a "Japanuary" type thread where this happened in the end.
>>
>>66194872
i would like something like this separate from /daily/
>>
>>66194687
>>66194725
>>66194748
>>66194762
>>66194818
>>66194837
http://www.strawpoll.me/10676313
>>
>>66194872
yeah, but daily is basically reddit lite
>>
>>66194948
this
>>
Not OP, but should I employ a trip since I made the sticky and strawpoll?
>>
>>66195070
yes become a tripfag
>>
>>66195107
>>
>>66194969
THIS
>>
november has to be black metal

other than that i'm down for anything
>>
I'd be interested
>>
ill join so long as an upcoming month is either post punk or post hardcore
>>
Is there a language restriction on the genres or does any language go as long as it's in the genre?
>>
>>66195336
i am not one of the nominal trips but i dont think there should be any language barrier for albums
>>
pls no emo pls no emo pls no emo.
>>
I'd definitely be interested in this. Seems like it would be less commital than /daily/ and as long as you maintain interest it could work well.

>>66194656
Jangle Pop
>>
>>66195490
http://www.strawpoll.me/10676313
>>
>>66194656
Post-punk, gotta start with a classic
>>
Oh hi I went out for a drink and I'm back

>>66194492
Thanks for taking such an interest, I was thinking we'd need a sticky

>>66194576
Listen alongs would be cool but ive rarely participated in them before so I'd definitely need some help. We could have streaming albums from the selected genre and play tons. I imagine a large genre stream such as shoegaze could easily be broadcasting almost the whole month

>>66194948
This would be seperate from daily i was just using daily as an example because it has a daily following and set up and stuff

Anyways I wasn't thinking of starting this month, I was thinking of next month at the earliest so we can get shit down but we can have an honorary genre of the month if we make another thread.

For genres I was hoping we'd have some huge thread just to get genres voted in and then after that we would apply them to different months. I'd love an ambient october and I know black metal november is quite popular so idk if we should split from that or become black metal november. I was hoping that the last month of the year could be ALL GENRES. After months of different genres and voting on godtier albums we would do the same, including having huge share threads and stuff, for any music you like.

Thanks for feedback guys
>>
>>66193163
sounds good
>>
>>66196466
Sounds ambitious but I think it will work well. Some genres definitely some love. Can't wait to see the charts that come out of it.
>>
>>66196466
>I wasn't thinking of starting this month
were only 5 days in to july, i think it would be fine to start now. Their isnt a ton of prep needed to start besides choosing the genre.
>>
>>66194492
this sticky looks kinda good. I would add a link to topsters and/or neverendingchartrendering
>>
>>66193163
If I were to participate in this, would I have to become a tripfag?
>>
>>66196665
Good idea, thanks!
>>
>>66196585
I was hoping on some graphics and stuff and to get it all planned out before hand but yeah I'm shit at making as them as you can see from my chart I made and idk how to manage stuff on 4chan well this is my first time actually posting shit i just lurk on here.

I think we could have this thread discuss more about the basics of monthly, then the next thread we make could be a genre voting thread. For genre voting, I think it would be important to keep the genres broad to an extent, it catches a wider audience and keeps a fresher range of music for us to grab and share. Not too broad though. I don't know, we'll have people vote and see what happens.
>>
new wave is a fitting genre as we are harkening a new wave of threads.
>>
>>66196830
graphics? you mean like the thread's picture or charts? I could help
>>
>>66197021
Yes
>>
okay so here im working on a sticky, mostly taken from monthly guy and looking at daily stuff and reworded a bit

>/monthly/ - xxxxx genre

Welcome to /monthly/!

/monthly/ is an ongoing thread where we choose a genre to listen to for the month and listen to together. Why? In doing this we generate more discussion about the genre, music sharing, charts, and an easier way for you to explore the genre. We have listen alongs and share what we have been listening to and at the end of the month, vote on what albums are the greatest of that genre.

This month's genre is :
>xxxxx
https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/xxxxx/

that might be a little long though? idk

if its the first post of the month they can post a picture showing the past monthly genres and then introduce the genre, but after a couple days or so we could probably work on a chart and post that or just the album cover coming from that genre. whatever works
>>
>>66197587
it looks fine good job
>>
>>66194492
>>66197587
Which one do you guys think is better?
>>
>>66198555
Either could probably be reworded better so idk but I'm off to bed and will check back tomorrow
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.