[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Song Rankings thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: ewqe.jpg (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ewqe.jpg
83 KB, 500x500
>Best
Reverend green
>Runner up
Fireworks
>Worst
Peacebone
>Overrated
Peacebone
>Underrated
Chores
>>
File: ohrlynow.png (493 KB, 516x498) Image search: [Google]
ohrlynow.png
493 KB, 516x498
>>66175016

>Best Reverend Green
>Not chosing Cuckoo Cuckoo.
>>
File: 1467345395564.jpg (9 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1467345395564.jpg
9 KB, 320x320
>>66175016
>>66175086
>BEST REVEREND GREEN
>NOT CHOOSING FIREWORKS, THE FUCKING EMOTIONAL PEAK OF THE ALBUM AND THE BAND'S CAREER
>>
>Unsolved Mysteries not worst
>>
>>66175126
fireworks is good but not that good hombre
>>
>>66175126
Sorry but the emotional peak of the album and the bands career is indeed: Reverend green.
>>
>>66175140
is right

but OP, Peacebone as worst?
Get the fuck out of this album you pleb.
>>
>>66175016
>peacebone
>worst
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>66175176
It's a terrible song, one of AnCos worse.

I honestly do not get how it became so popular. Feel free to make your own rankings so I can see your terrible opinions.
>>
>>66175203
>>66175176
Kill yourselves

>BEST
Fireworks
>RUNNER-UP
Peacebone
>WORST
Winter Wonder Land
>UNDERRATED
Chores
>OVERRATED
>>
legitimately delete the entire album besides Fireworks, Reverend Green, #1 and Cuckoo Cuckoo. Peacebone is okay.
>>
>>66175242
>hating on Derek
>>
>>66175016
>best
cuckoo cuckoo
>runner up
for reverend green
>worst
unsolved mysteries
>overrated
fireworks
>underrated
>>
>>66175231
Not bad besides peacebone being runner up.

Laughable really.
>>
>>66175242
I hope people don't actually do this
But I will agree with you in concept, SJ has some really good songs but a chunk of the album is really mediocre by their standards.
>>
>>66175231
this
>>
>expected a song ranking thread
>got an anco argument thread
Thank you /mu/ for your quality content!
>>
>>66175417
Animal Collective was a mistake
>>
>>66175417
you're on a board for music discussion
this thread would be so fucking boring if people literally just stated their opinions
we d i s c u s s our opinions
>>
>>66175231
This is correct
>>
>>66177128
Except that the thread title says "song rankings" and it's just discussion about AnCo's Strawberry Jam song. I feel like I have the right to complain when a thread isn't what it says it is.
>>
>>66177256
>Strawberry Jam song
I need to proof read before I post
>>
>>66175016
>Best
Cuckoo Cuckoo
>Runner Up
>Worst
Chores
>Overrated
Fireworks, by >>66175126
>Underrated
Unsolved Mysteries

People are gonna call me a contrarian about this shit, but hear me out. At this album's core is the relationship between father and child.

Cuckoo Cuckoo is my favorite because, having dealt with miscarriages and death before, I can very personally resonate with the emotional rollercoaster of anger, and lines such as "little kids can't play with things that have died"

The second best song is #1 because of the specific situation it conveys, which AC has totally nailed with this song even thought the concept of the song is super ambitious. I also just like singing along with my voice super low and making weird mouth sounds.

Worst is Chores IMO, because the whole "I just want to do what I feel is natural, and go out and get stoned" just doesn't resonate with me. I understand that feeling, but the music doesn't portray the same message as the lyrics. The ambient section at the end is cool, and could have been drawn out and not abruptly cut off.

Fireworks is overrated because I feel like FRG is superior, but fireworks is also fucking amazing.

Unsolved mysteries has annoying vocals, sure. But I really enjoy screaming along to them. Other than that the lyrics are on point, the choppy acoustics are just nice to listen to, Panda's percussion is perfect, and Geo is going nuts on the sampling the entire song. I really enjoy it all. "There he goes"
>>
>>66177256
>>66177271
god forbid we stray a little bit from the topic on hand
is it your first day
people can both discuss anco and rate songs in the same thread
you have the right to complain and I have the right to tell you you're being an ass
>>
>>66175016
>Worst
Peacebone
>Overrated
Peacebone

Holy fucking shit I knew trips were faggots but you've just reached a whole new level.
>>
>>66177305
>stray a little bit
It's more than a fucking little bit
>people can both discuss anco and rate songs in the same thread
Except there's no rating songs outside the same fucking album

You have the right to call me an ass and I have the right to call you a summerfag redditor that's ruining what little good this board has left
>>
Congratulation OP. The thread goal fucking failed and is now derailed into a AnCo thread.
>>
>>66175138
Kys
>>
>>66177353
He's right tho
>>
>>66175016
>Worst
>Peacebone
That's not how you spell Chores
>>
>>66175016
>>Best
Cuckoo Cuckoo
>>Runner up
Fireworks
>>Worst
Chores
>>Overrated
Reverend Green
>>Underrated
Derek
>>
>>66177494
why don't you post a different album and rank the songs then? why are you just complaining when you can fix this problem yourself? are you a neet that still lives with your parents, by any chance? you don't seem to have much initiative.
>>
>>66177353
Op is right
>>
kek @ how nobody posts actual song ratings and everyone just complains about op's choice
>>
File: cover.jpg (580 KB, 1280x1277) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
580 KB, 1280x1277
>>66175016
let's have some debate over a better AnCo album (their best, in fact)
>Best
Winters Love
>Runner up
Visiting Friends
>Worst (very hard to choose)
Kids on Holiday
>Overrated
None
>Underrated
Mouth Wooed Her
>>
>>66182097
>Best
Winters Love
>Runner up
Kids on Holiday
>Worst
College
>Overrated
Visiting Friends
>Underrated
Sweet Road
>>
>>66182097
Fucking yikes

> Best
Kids on Holiday
> Runner up
Visiting Friends
> Worst
Whaddit I Done
> Overrated
Winter's Love
> Underrated
Kids on Holiday
>>
File: zwwi8oE.png (264 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
zwwi8oE.png
264 KB, 500x375
>>66182097
I agree with you on the first two, but:
>Worst
The softest voice, because it kills a lot of momentum in the overall structure of the album, not because it's a bad song
>Overrated
Probably College, I feel like people look to it as "le quirky anco song" but that might just be me projecting"
>Underrated
Mouth Wooed Her is underrated because it gets grouped with "those last 3 slow songs" but it's seriously a fucking jam
Sweet Road is also rarely talked about when it might be my most listened to song on the album
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.